Instagram

An evening with Shahid Afridi and Younis Khan

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 37 of 37
  1. #1
    Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    4,232
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    "Several people have told me that Najam Sethi told PSL franchises not to pick me" : Salman Butt



  2. #2
    Debut
    Sep 2007
    Venue
    Unknown
    Runs
    7,099
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sethi did the right thing if he told them.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    433
    Mentioned
    291 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    good

  4. #4
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    368
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Salman Butt hasn't changed. He was unbelievably diplomatic and supportive of the Sethi regime when he was Chairman. As soon as Sethi leaves, he begins the whingeing. Good riddance from this guy.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    27,944
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Lol, and people accussed Sethi of being in Cahoots of the Bookies and of Corruption.

    Sethi indeed adopted a zero corruption tolerance stance by banning Sharjeel Khan (A very important player for Pakistan), Khalid Latif. And now told PSL Franchises to stay clear of Salman Butt and Mohd Asif.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Milton, Ontario
    Runs
    423
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeeraq View Post

    Good job by Sethi. These motherland sellers should never be allowed to play cricket at a good level.


    Plz don’t bring politics into sports!

  7. #7
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    59
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bring Sethi back, I am starting to like Sethi Shab

  8. #8
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    29,069
    Mentioned
    971 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    That's a tick next to Najam Sethi's name as far as I'm concerned.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    4,826
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Give Sethi a gold medal.


    Ex Shahid Afridi fan.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    1,267
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Done Najam Sethi

  11. #11
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    14,309
    Mentioned
    657 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Bring Sethi back.

    Now I'm sure Ehsan Mani will recall Butt. Just to go against what Sethi did.

    We've lost a great chairman, sadly due to blind hatred by IK.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    2,291
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    lets give Ehsan Mani a chance guys. Lets judge him after one year

  13. #13
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    257
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Bring Sethi back.

    Now I'm sure Ehsan Mani will recall Butt. Just to go against what Sethi did.

    We've lost a great chairman, sadly due to blind hatred by IK.
    And what makes you say this?

  14. #14
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    27,944
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    A few players had lobbied to the PCB regarding Butt and Asif saying that it you are giving a second chance to Amir, then why not to Butt and Asif?

    The PCB responded to these players behind the scenes along the lines off "Do you think that these guys fixed only on the tour to England? Let us show you games from the 2010 T-20 WC, Asia Cup 2010, Australian tour of 2010" and eventually the players were left so speechless that they gave up lobbying for the two.

    My biggest fear is that eventually Butt and Asif are going to lose patience and out of resentment are going to raise the issue that Amir was no innocent child back then in 2010 and he was fully aware of what he was doing and was a willing participant to all the fixing schemes

  15. #15
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    14,309
    Mentioned
    657 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SensiblePakFan View Post
    And what makes you say this?
    Of course I was not really serious when I said Mani will bring Butt back.

    That's just some of the frustration at his horrible decisions so far.

    I don't see it actually happening. But if it does, man........

  16. #16
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    14,309
    Mentioned
    657 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    My biggest fear is that eventually Butt and Asif are going to lose patience and out of resentment are going to raise the issue that Amir was no innocent child back then in 2010 and he was fully aware of what he was doing and was a willing participant to all the fixing schemes

    Nothing will happen, even if they start their campaign. Amir will stay.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    19,233
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Yes, only Amir gets to get away with that

  18. #18
    Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    4,005
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    A few players had lobbied to the PCB regarding Butt and Asif saying that it you are giving a second chance to Amir, then why not to Butt and Asif?

    The PCB responded to these players behind the scenes along the lines off "Do you think that these guys fixed only on the tour to England? Let us show you games from the 2010 T-20 WC, Asia Cup 2010, Australian tour of 2010" and eventually the players were left so speechless that they gave up lobbying for the two.

    My biggest fear is that eventually Butt and Asif are going to lose patience and out of resentment are going to raise the issue that Amir was no innocent child back then in 2010 and he was fully aware of what he was doing and was a willing participant to all the fixing schemes
    not sure why that is a fear... if they were to do that they would be stating the obvious

    everyone knows Amir was a responsible adult, that's why he was banned for 5 years and served jail time

  19. #19
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    27,944
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coy0607 View Post
    not sure why that is a fear... if they were to do that they would be stating the obvious

    everyone knows Amir was a responsible adult, that's why he was banned for 5 years and served jail time
    I meant they could use the reasoning, if our careers are being terminated because of the episode in 2010, the same rules should apply to Amir or if you are letting Amir play then let us play for Pakistan as well.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    14,309
    Mentioned
    657 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    Yes, only Amir gets to get away with that
    Asif was more deserving to make a comeback. Was not as involved as butt or even Amir.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    14,309
    Mentioned
    657 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    I meant they could use the reasoning, if our careers are being terminated because of the episode in 2010, the same rules should apply to Amir or if you are letting Amir play then let us play for Pakistan as well.
    Already a beaten horse. Not logical and no one would listen.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    303
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    I meant they could use the reasoning, if our careers are being terminated because of the episode in 2010, the same rules should apply to Amir or if you are letting Amir play then let us play for Pakistan as well.
    That's stupid. Amir admitted his mistake straight away. Asif and Butt lied to the nation for YEARS. Everyone knows the difference.


    Greatness is a choice. Mediocrity is a disease.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    27,944
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adil_909 View Post
    That's stupid. Amir admitted his mistake straight away. Asif and Butt lied to the nation for YEARS. Everyone knows the difference.
    Amir to be honest did not admit right away, he admitted much earlier than the other two but he admitted in Nov 2011 just before the criminal trial in the UK but was playing the innocent, conspiracy card from 2010 up to March 2011 in the ICC Doha trial where he was given a 5 year ban. He only admitted it because it was in his best interest to do so because he had already received indication from the UK courts and the ICC that he would be looked upon more leniently than the other 2 if he admitted due to his tender age.

    However Asif and Butt were not going to be given any concessions at any stage which is why they dragged on as much as they could. Look at Kaneria, lied to everyone who cared about him for 6 long years under the lame excuse he could not admit his guilt because he couldn't bear to tell his father the truth

  24. #24
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    15,618
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure why Sethi has had to tell a franchise not to pick a batsman out of the game for so long and a captain who was caught selling his country out.

  25. #25
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    749
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good, not only is he a terrible player who doesn't deserve a spot in the first place, he is also a taint to Pakistan cricket.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    9,975
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasty Naz View Post
    Good, not only is he a terrible player who doesn't deserve a spot in the first place, he is also a taint to Pakistan cricket.
    If talk about taint, amir isn't the apple of the eye also. He is as tainted as butt.

    If butt is out of the team, his performance in domestic arena should be the only concern. His past is past.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    1,247
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every time I read about Amir’s confession, i will point it out - 1) he did not admit his guilt straight away. 2) Mazhar said Amir was in his pocket for long. The no ball was just a way to prove it. Not sure if Amir came out with all the details of his dodgy past.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    27,944
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    If talk about taint, amir isn't the apple of the eye also. He is as tainted as butt.

    If butt is out of the team, his performance in domestic arena should be the only concern. His past is past.
    Have to agree with this tho. They have all served their punishments. You can't punish someone forever.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    18,007
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Asif was more deserving to make a comeback. Was not as involved as butt or even Amir.
    PCB was strict on Asif because they had already fought for him a lot and been embarrassed multiple times. He was caught doping twice, altercations with Akhtar which got Akhtar banned, caught at an airport and jailed.

    If that had been Asif's first offence PCB would have supported him as much as Amir


    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain

  30. #30
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    10,765
    Mentioned
    921 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Lol who would've chosen him anyway? He's a marginally better Shehzad in t20s, if not his equal.

    Sorry but this guy's loss was inconsequential compared to Asif and *maybe* Amir cricket wise.

    All 3 deserved what happened to them though.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    11,689
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done by Sethi.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    6,413
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Asif was more deserving to make a comeback. Was not as involved as butt or even Amir.
    So Asif didn't bowl that deliberate no ball?


    If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn’t arrived yet: Viv Richards

  33. #33
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    333
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya...Kick him out of domestics as well

  34. #34
    Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    48
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bring butt back the guy can play against india and asif is magic with the ball. They served their punishments and they here to win us games.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    303
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Amir to be honest did not admit right away, he admitted much earlier than the other two but he admitted in Nov 2011 just before the criminal trial in the UK but was playing the innocent, conspiracy card from 2010 up to March 2011 in the ICC Doha trial where he was given a 5 year ban. He only admitted it because it was in his best interest to do so because he had already received indication from the UK courts and the ICC that he would be looked upon more leniently than the other 2 if he admitted due to his tender age.

    However Asif and Butt were not going to be given any concessions at any stage which is why they dragged on as much as they could. Look at Kaneria, lied to everyone who cared about him for 6 long years under the lame excuse he could not admit his guilt because he couldn't bear to tell his father the truth
    Exactly, Asif Butt and Kaneria all lied and lied and lied to their families and their country. Why should they be allowed to play for the country again? I actually wouldn't mind them playing PSL but they should NEVER put on the national colors again. What message does it send to others? Lie, cheat, steal and ultimately all will be forgiven? Whereas Amir apologized, admitted his mistake, vowed to never do it again. All committed basically the same crime, but one had enough sense to take ownership of his actions. Of course he should be treated differently.


    Greatness is a choice. Mediocrity is a disease.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    94,347
    Mentioned
    1718 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Former Pakistan captain Salman Butt has lashed out at the former Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) Chairman Najam Sethi for his unfair treatment.

    Butt — who made his return to professional cricket after serving a five-year ban for his role in the infamous spot-fixing scandal which rocked the cricketing world in 2010 — expressed those views after guiding his team Wapda to the final of the Quaid-e-Azam one-day cup final on Thursday and revealed he was informed that Sethi asked the Pakistan Super League (PSL) franchises to not select him in the previous editions.

    “I was told by journalists and others that Najam Sethi has asked PSL franchises to not pick me for the tournament last year,” said Butt. “Obviously it was not official but it was heart breaking for me as I believe it is injustice to someone who completed all the rehabilitation process and made a successful return to domestic cricket.”

    He added: “I asked him [Sethi] in person as well but he refused and asked me to confirm from any other source. I just felt it was not right with a professional cricketer who put in all their life to play at this level. We deserve that much at least after putting so much effort in the ground day in day out. Cricket is a high risk game, so I think everything should be transparent and clear here so the new comers get motivated.”

    Butt, who represented Pakistan in 33 Tests, 78 ODIs and 24 T20Is, where he collectively scored 5,209 runs, further went on to criticised the selection committee for not selecting him in the Test team after continues performances in the Quaid-e-Azam trophy.

    “I believe all players who are performing regularly in the domestic cricket should get a chance to represent the national team,” he said. “As you can see, all the top-ranked bowlers of Pakistan currently are those who performed well in the domestic cricket. They performed well here and got selected for the team and are now dominating at the international level. I am not just saying this for myself but for every player at the domestic level.”

    Meanwhile, Butt during the meeting with the newly elected PCB Chairman Ehsan Mani, also raised the same concern and asked if the board has enforced an unannounced ban on his selection.

    Mani responding to Butt’s concerns cleared that there is no such sanction imposed by the board. “There is no such sanction imposed by the cricket board,” said Mani as per Daily Express. “I do not interfere in selection matters, however, I will raise this issue with the concerned authority.”

    https://cricketpakistan.com.pk/en/ne...lection-in-psl


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  37. #37
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    14,309
    Mentioned
    657 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Meanwhile, Butt during the meeting with the newly elected PCB Chairman Ehsan Mani, also raised the same concern and asked if the board has enforced an unannounced ban on his selection.

    Mani responding to Butt’s concerns cleared that there is no such sanction imposed by the board. “There is no such sanction imposed by the cricket board,” said Mani as per Daily Express. “I do not interfere in selection matters, however, I will raise this issue with the concerned authority.”

    https://cricketpakistan.com.pk/en/ne...lection-in-psl

    @gazza619 @SensiblePakFan

    Lol, what is Mani doing? The unimaginable?


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •