Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 321 to 400 of 528
  1. #321
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    10,632
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    Rohit hit a 35 ball 100?
    I remember because he equalled within one week after Miller created

  2. #322
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    10,632
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Fastest 100 records in T20 if you see Rohit equalled exactly in 6 weeks
    http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/con...ds/386083.html
    Last edited by jnaveen1980; 4th February 2019 at 00:36.

  3. #323
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    new delhi
    Runs
    199
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freak_virat View Post
    I created this thread because I read someone comment in that 11-0 streak thread that India is also undefeated in last 8 series and I have no clue about that as I follow cricket a lot. And I bet many Indian are in the same position otherwise this thread would be posted earlier.
    true, most ind cricket fans are like "meh" about t20 bilaterals unless its the t20 wc or ipl........... like a poster above commented , most of us dont even remember those series we won in a row ..... its no big deal ....... just a bit of fun watching on tv while having a few beers with friends that particular evening like going to a movie or something ..... its forgotten the next day

  4. #324
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    20,589
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Patriot View Post
    No need to belittle others for what may be precious to them even if its not to you.
    Spot on here.


    "If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

  5. #325
    Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    U.K
    Runs
    1,781
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freak_virat View Post
    True, I just read someone post and surprised that India is undefeated in last 8 series and we don't give damn about it bcz it's useless for us .
    So technically you're are BRAGGING that u don't care about the consecutive 8 series wins.
    SMH

  6. #326
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    new delhi
    Runs
    199
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by a_tahir View Post
    So technically you're are BRAGGING that u don't care about the consecutive 8 series wins.
    SMH
    chip on your shoulder much ?

  7. #327
    Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    U.K
    Runs
    1,781
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon751 View Post
    chip on your shoulder much ?
    Lol, you're back again.
    Uncle, looks like u haven't gotten the rest u need yet.
    Have a good night uncle.
    As i said, too much tv has gone to ya head.
    Instead of targetting me, u can do some other stuff that is ACTUALLY productive

  8. #328
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    3,973
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    One team has a big mentality championed by some ATG calibre LOI players while the other team has a small team mentality that extends across to the fan base - who take every success as a moment to savour because they don't have anything else to celebrate. This is the harsh truth.

  9. #329
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    2,932
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It'll be a huge upset if we win this T20 series against NZ.

  10. #330
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Venue
    3rd Rock from an average star :)
    Runs
    332
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    India should use the opportunity to provide some exposure to Pant. No one will care about winning this T20 series. Most teams will get serious about the T20 this time next year.

  11. #331
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    14,951
    Mentioned
    698 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Bilateral T20's should be reduced to 1 or 2 on a tour imo. I honestly can't remember how we had performed in the T20 leg of any bilateral series.

  12. #332
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    10,632
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Bilateral T20's should be reduced to 1 or 2 on a tour imo. I honestly can't remember how we had performed in the T20 leg of any bilateral series.
    yup. But i think they mandatorily have this for commercial reasons. T20 attracts old men and women, young men and women, kids everybody. So i don't expect t o go away.

  13. #333
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    1,394
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    Rohit hit a 35 ball 100?
    Must be a typo.

  14. #334
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    731
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When I look at Pakistan XI, they remain almost same for tests, ODI and T20. For India, players in three formats change a lot, with T20 team full of less known or no name players.

    Can you imagine, someone like Krunal Pandya being in India T20 team and being in ICC top 10 T20 international bowler as well. In India, upcoming no name players like Khaleel Ahmad, Washinton Sundar, Shreyas Aiyyar, Shardul Thakur etc get played in T20 internationals. No Indian selectors and/or fans are much bothered if the team is lacking good pacers/ good batsmen etc. Still whichever players are selected manage to win more than they lose.

  15. #335
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    8,629
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    So, they are gonna fit Dhoni, Pant and DK in one team in the T20 series vs NZ? That's weird having three keepers in one team. WHy is Dhoni playing T20s ?

  16. #336
    Debut
    May 2010
    Runs
    278
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    So, they are gonna fit Dhoni, Pant and DK in one team in the T20 series vs NZ? That's weird having three keepers in one team. WHy is Dhoni playing T20s ?
    Why can't Dhoni play T20s?

  17. #337
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    731
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If England can play three wicketkeepers in tests why Indians cannot play three wicket keepers in T20.

  18. #338
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    8,629
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Alex View Post
    Why can't Dhoni play T20s?
    His SR. His experience is needed in ODIs but I think he's a liability in T20s. Pant and DK can take care of keeping

  19. #339
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    8,629
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by latecut View Post
    If England can play three wicketkeepers in tests why Indians cannot play three wicket keepers in T20.
    Good point and results are for everybody to see how it backfires

  20. #340
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    241
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BaankeJi View Post
    Must be a typo.
    He did hit it against Lanka last year.

  21. #341
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    2,932
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anoop View Post
    He did hit it against Lanka last year.
    Then it doesn't count.

  22. #342
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    2,765
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anoop View Post
    He did hit it against Lanka last year.
    Will catch some highlights tonight.

  23. #343
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    10,632
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Alex View Post
    Why can't Dhoni play T20s?
    Even at his peak DHoni was not a good T20 player. He is the kind of batsman who needs 5 to 10 overs to settle down, sometimes 15 overs. You seriously don't need such a player for T20.

  24. #344
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Manitoba
    Runs
    2,300
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When one is winning test series and/or ODI in SENA countries , the T20 results mostly ignored and not considered an achievement.

    T20 results become a big deal if failing in other formats because then something is better than nothing comes true

  25. #345
    Debut
    May 2010
    Runs
    278
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    Even at his peak DHoni was not a good T20 player. He is the kind of batsman who needs 5 to 10 overs to settle down, sometimes 15 overs. You seriously don't need such a player for T20.
    He was phenomenal in last ipl

  26. #346
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    10,632
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Alex View Post
    He was phenomenal in last ipl
    What has he ever done in an international T20.

  27. #347
    Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    U.K
    Runs
    1,781
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geraltofrivia View Post
    Hmm anything to say now?
    Still lost against eng 4-1

  28. #348
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    1,353
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sir alex View Post
    he was phenomenal in last ipl
    ipl is not international cricket.

  29. #349
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    100
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by a_tahir View Post
    Still lost against eng 4-1
    Has there ever been a team that hasn't lost? Even WI considered to be one of the best ever lost 1-5 to Australia. Steve Waugh's Aussies lost to India in Sharjah and India.

    What's your point beyond trolling?

  30. #350
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    564
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    Rohit hit a 35 ball 100?
    And he was looking on course to become the first batsman to hit a T20I double century.

  31. #351
    Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    405
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TNAmarkFromIndia View Post
    And he was looking on course to become the first batsman to hit a T20I double century.
    he got out in 11th over
    missed easy 200.

  32. #352
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    12,278
    Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon751 View Post
    true, most ind cricket fans are like "meh" about t20 bilaterals unless its the t20 wc or ipl........... like a poster above commented , most of us dont even remember those series we won in a row ..... its no big deal ....... just a bit of fun watching on tv while having a few beers with friends that particular evening like going to a movie or something ..... its forgotten the next day
    So you remember IPL games but forget bilaterals lol?

  33. #353
    Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    U.K
    Runs
    1,781
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by urnotserious View Post
    Has there ever been a team that hasn't lost? Even WI considered to be one of the best ever lost 1-5 to Australia. Steve Waugh's Aussies lost to India in Sharjah and India.

    What's your point beyond trolling?
    Trolling??😂
    Some indian just made a whole thread to show how much indians "don't care" about their record. But the fact of the matter is that u are trying to brag that u don't care hence just trying to show that pakistan's consecutive wins hold no value.

  34. #354
    Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    U.K
    Runs
    1,781
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cr7great View Post
    he got out in 11th over
    missed easy 200.
    Just coz he got a 100 in 11 overs doesn't mean he would have the same amount of stamina or overs for that matter to get another hundred.
    Where's the common sense?

  35. #355
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    10,632
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by a_tahir View Post
    Just coz he got a 100 in 11 overs doesn't mean he would have the same amount of stamina or overs for that matter to get another hundred.
    Where's the common sense?
    lol you are kidding right. Rohit sharma becomes the mother of all beasts only after 40th over in the one dayers. We are talking about T20. You think he won't have stamina after 10 overs?

  36. #356
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    241
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by a_tahir View Post
    Just coz he got a 100 in 11 overs doesn't mean he would have the same amount of stamina or overs for that matter to get another hundred.
    Where's the common sense?
    May be you have never seen Sharma batting, he smashes 100 between 35-50 overs. Stamina is never a problem for him
    Last edited by anoop; 4th February 2019 at 22:38. Reason: Mistake

  37. #357
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    10,632
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)


    As you can see T20 series are used to test bench strength. used to test various facets of their game.

  38. #358
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    8,629
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Tough for India to win this series. Bk is the only pacer with any pedigree. Shami is going home. Khaleel will be smashed.

  39. #359
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    10,632
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    Tough for India to win this series. Bk is the only pacer with any pedigree. Shami is going home. Khaleel will be smashed.
    India's T20 bogee team NZ. In NZ it is almost impossible to beat these beastly hitters with this bowling

  40. #360
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Venue
    3rd Rock from an average star :)
    Runs
    332
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    So you remember IPL games but forget bilaterals lol?
    happens a lot with lots of people these days.. I, personally, have forgotten most bilaterals T20Is and many of last season IPL matches still remembered...


  41. #361
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    8,629
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    India's T20 bogee team NZ. In NZ it is almost impossible to beat these beastly hitters with this bowling
    Yep. Look how Munro will turn from a duck into a beast with the change in formats

  42. #362
    Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    U.K
    Runs
    1,781
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    lol you are kidding right. Rohit sharma becomes the mother of all beasts only after 40th over in the one dayers. We are talking about T20. You think he won't have stamina after 10 overs?
    He had to extremely lucky with hitting sixes in those 10 overs and not being caught. But he wasn't lucky hence didn't get the double hundred.
    But a good knock i'll give him that

  43. #363
    Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    U.K
    Runs
    1,781
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SportsWarrior View Post
    happens a lot with lots of people these days.. I, personally, have forgotten most bilaterals T20Is and many of last season IPL matches still remembered...
    No offence to the Ipl supporters but the ipl seems pretty boring.
    An odd close match and that's it.
    Comparing it to the psl in the entertainment aspect only i can without a doubt say the psl has more entertaining matches. Possibly due to the similar abilities of the players.

  44. #364
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    8,629
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by a_tahir View Post
    He had to extremely lucky with hitting sixes in those 10 overs and not being caught. But he wasn't lucky hence didn't get the double hundred.
    But a good knock i'll give him that
    Any batsman that scores a century is lucky. Its a game of inches and there's always a ball with your name written on it. Batsmen get only one chance.

  45. #365
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    8,629
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by a_tahir View Post
    No offence to the Ipl supporters but the ipl seems pretty boring.
    An odd close match and that's it.
    Comparing it to the psl in the entertainment aspect only i can without a doubt say the psl has more entertaining matches. Possibly due to the similar abilities of the players.
    You can't watch IPL as a neutral. You gotto pick a team and invest time on it. I used to feel the same way about NBA initially. Every tournament has entertaining matches. That is, close games. IPL stands out because the cricket is high quality and the star power is higher compared to other leagues.

  46. #366
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    996
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    8 isnít quite 11

  47. #367
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    41,985
    Mentioned
    2362 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Every chance of still keeping this record.

    Eden Park is 50-50.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  48. #368
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    10,632
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YousafTheBeast View Post
    8 isn’t quite 11
    When the thread was started it was 8. Now 10. If they draw or win this. That is 11.

  49. #369
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    6,145
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by a_tahir View Post
    No offence to the Ipl supporters but the ipl seems pretty boring.
    An odd close match and that's it.
    Comparing it to the psl in the entertainment aspect only i can without a doubt say the psl has more entertaining matches. Possibly due to the similar abilities of the players.
    I watched one match of PSL where ronchi hit well iirc and the bowling and field standards were so poor it was embarrassing.. Apart from Ronchi the other batsmen were also very poor.. I know you can't judge the league from one match however I found it extremely below part in terms of quality and didn't get a chance to watch again.

    IPL has also been boring stopped following it for years now but the one off match I get a chance to watch the quality looks there.. It's a lot to do with production as well and not just played performance, the outfield, crowd,camera work, commentators, studio shows etc add to the quality of the game which PSL lacks..

    PSL still needs few years to be compared to IPL in terms of entertainment value.

  50. #370
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    996
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    When the thread was started it was 8. Now 10. If they draw or win this. That is 11.
    10 isnít quite 11

  51. #371
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    6,145
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Doubt many people will remember all those 10 series..

  52. #372
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    10,632
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YousafTheBeast View Post
    10 isn’t quite 11
    But you were gloating for 8,9,10,11 as well lol

  53. #373
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    996
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    But you were gloating for 8,9,10,11 as well lol
    Nope, I started gloating at 11, not sure about others though

  54. #374
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    10,632
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by big_gamer007 View Post
    Doubt many people will remember all those 10 series..
    That is the point. India hardly fielded full fledged team in any of the series. Mostly they were used as warmups for one dayers. T20 internationals are forgettable unless if it is world T20.

  55. #375
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    10,632
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YousafTheBeast View Post
    Nope, I started gloating at 11, not sure about others though
    What makes 11 more special?

  56. #376
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    996
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    What makes 11 more special?
    Only team to achieve 11 series streak, canít say that for 10 though.

  57. #377
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    2,765
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Should drop Rohit, Dhawan, and Chahal in the next game. My lineup would be:

    Gill
    Pant
    Vijay
    Rayudu
    DK
    Krunal
    Dhoni
    Hardik
    Kaul
    Khaleel
    Siraj

  58. #378
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    10,632
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YousafTheBeast View Post
    Only team to achieve 11 series streak, can’t say that for 10 though.
    lol That is why they gloated for 10. nobody achieved 10 when they did that. for 9, 8.

  59. #379
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    996
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    lol That is why they gloated for 10. nobody achieved 10 when they did that. for 9, 8.
    Nobody gloated

  60. #380
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    10,632
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YousafTheBeast View Post
    Nobody gloated
    I don't say you shouldn't gloat. But you miss the point of the thread. Point is consecutive unbeaten T20 series is not really something nobody cares given that almost all the teams use T20 series as giving chance to youngsters. Something that SA is doing now.

  61. #381
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    996
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    I don't say you shouldn't gloat. But you miss the point of the thread. Point is consecutive unbeaten T20 series is not really something nobody cares given that almost all the teams use T20 series as giving chance to youngsters. Something that SA is doing now.
    Good to see India giving chances to youngsters from the 2007 wc squad i.e Rohit, Karthik, Dhoni.

  62. #382
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    10,632
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YousafTheBeast View Post
    Good to see India giving chances to youngsters from the 2007 wc squad i.e Rohit, Karthik, Dhoni.
    This T20 series is used for different purpose. GIving chance to them to give match practice for Dhoni at the internatioanl evel as much as possible. India has only 10 matches before world cup including 5 T20s. DHoni doesn't play domestic. India will field DHoni in all the T20 matches just for this.

  63. #383
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    996
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    This T20 series is used for different purpose. GIving chance to them to give match practice for Dhoni at the internatioanl evel as much as possible. India has only 10 matches before world cup including 5 T20s. DHoni doesn't play domestic. India will field DHoni in all the T20 matches just for this.
    Didnít Dhoni play vs NZ in India in 2017?

    Was that practice for the WC too?

    Dhoni, Dhawan, Sharma and Karthik have all been playing since wc2016.

  64. #384
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    10,632
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YousafTheBeast View Post
    Didn’t Dhoni play vs NZ in India in 2017?

    Was that practice for the WC too?

    Dhoni, Dhawan, Sharma and Karthik have all been playing since wc2016.
    Do you see Kohli featuring ? He dind't even take part in T20 in Srilanka nidhas trophy. Bumrah rarely takes part. Sharma is there for captaincy. Otherwise guys like Khaleel would never be part of the line up.

  65. #385
    Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Rawalakot, Kashmir
    Runs
    548
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    What makes 11 more special?
    Pakistan WON those 11 series whereas India remained UNBEATED not WON in last 10 series (2 of them resulted in draw).
    This makes 11 more special..

  66. #386
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    996
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    Do you see Kohli featuring ? He dind't even take part in T20 in Srilanka nidhas trophy. Bumrah rarely takes part. Sharma is there for captaincy. Otherwise guys like Khaleel would never be part of the line up.
    Kohli actually played in that NZ series too.
    Bumrah was also involved in the series (not a problem as heís fairly young)
    Dhawan isnít really a youngster either.

    Karthik Dhoni Sharma also played vs Sri Lanka in 2017/18 series

    And didnít Raina play in the T20ís v South Africa last year?

  67. #387
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    10,632
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YousafTheBeast View Post
    Kohli actually played in that NZ series too.
    Bumrah was also involved in the series (not a problem as he’s fairly young)
    Dhawan isn’t really a youngster either.

    Karthik Dhoni Sharma also played vs Sri Lanka in 2017/18 series

    And didn’t Raina play in the T20’s v South Africa last year?
    Yes. as a washed up player. Most of the time India will rest a few players. They don't always the BEST team possible in any series. We are okay with that. Infact that is what these T20 series are far

  68. #388
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,229
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apart from the senior players like Dhoni, Kartik, R Sharma, Dhawan, B Kumar, Chahal, others like Pant and H Pandaya are also regular players for India in ODIs as well. So the rubbish about India or any other country not playing their regular players in T20s should now stop. Only Kohli and Bumrah are rested to save them from burnout.
    Last edited by Zeeraq; 6th February 2019 at 18:56.

  69. #389
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    2,765
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why is it so difficult for some Pakistanis to accept that India doesn't value T20Is? And what difference does it make? The ranking table still shows Pakistan as no. 1 and if they value the format, they should be happy with it.

  70. #390
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    2,932
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    Why is it so difficult for some Pakistanis to accept that India doesn't value T20Is? And what difference does it make? The ranking table still shows Pakistan as no. 1 and if they value the format, they should be happy with it.
    This.

    For India, T20Is are to test new players, and to only occasionally play our best players. Why should anyone be bothered about this?

  71. #391
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    3,142
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakPremi View Post
    Apart from the senior players like Dhoni, Kartik, R Sharma, Dhawan, B Kumar, Chahal, others like Pant and H Pandaya are also regular players for India in ODIs as well. So the rubbish about India or any other country not playing their regular players in T20s should now stop. Only Kohli and Bumrah are rested to save them from burnout.
    India is using these T20Is to prepare for world cup and try some youngsters! They do take T20s seriously (+ casually) in IPL though
    Last edited by Zeeraq; 6th February 2019 at 18:56.

  72. #392
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,229
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RamLakhan View Post
    India is using these T20Is to prepare for world cup and try some youngsters! They do take T20s seriously (+ casually) in IPL though
    They also played a strong T20 squad in last series.

  73. #393
    Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    U.K
    Runs
    1,781
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    Why is it so difficult for some Pakistanis to accept that India doesn't value T20Is? And what difference does it make? The ranking table still shows Pakistan as no. 1 and if they value the format, they should be happy with it.
    Maybe because u are boasting about not caring about t20is and trying to downgrade our team's achievements.

  74. #394
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,229
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    Why is it so difficult for some Pakistanis to accept that India doesn't value T20Is? And what difference does it make? The ranking table still shows Pakistan as no. 1 and if they value the format, they should be happy with it.
    Because it is not true as pointed out in my last post majority of the players are regular players, so when Pak does the same then posters are asking why Pak plays their regular players, just pointing out hypocrisy even though I rather Pak tried out even more youngsters.

  75. #395
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    10,632
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakPremi View Post
    Because it is not true as pointed out in my last post majority of the players are regular players, so when Pak does the same then posters are asking why Pak plays their regular players, just pointing out hypocrisy even though I rather Pak tried out even more youngsters.
    Just check how many shuffling India has done over the last series. Pandey, Raina, Washington sundar. They may not all be new guys. But they keep randomly selecting players. Those who belong to CSK franchise always find a way to get into the side. There is so much politics in T20 selection and ODI selection in India. This is never a settled side who is going to take part in a world T20. OH yea. this is far far far from a regular side. Because we follow INdian cricket way more closely than you guys. Many are not e ven T20 material.

  76. #396
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    14,951
    Mentioned
    698 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    NZ smashing us as usual in this format. Nothing new here.

  77. #397
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    10,632
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    NZ smashing us as usual in this format. Nothing new here.
    Wait for the response "we beat them 2-1" lol

  78. #398
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    14,951
    Mentioned
    698 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    Wait for the response "we beat them 2-1" lol
    Doesn't matter . We won in the format that matters

  79. #399
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    2,765
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Unbelievable that some can ignore bare facts that key Indian players skip most T20Is (E.g. Nidahas, NZ from recent memory). The denial has now become hilarious.

  80. #400
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    25,961
    Mentioned
    2019 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    These jokes of T20I needs to stop - it's a sort of cheating with the fans. Most teams don't give two pennies for T20Is but media mockery bluffs fans pay top dollar (& time) for these farces. IND is probably going to loose this series 2-1 or even 3-0, with a side that's missing VK, Bumrah, Shami, Kuldeep, Jadeja and KL - it'll definitely hit their ranking but truth is they are trolling the T20I and ICC rankings here.

    I for one to scrap T20I - T20 WC in every 2 years (better every year) and 6 weeks window for that - first 3 weeks to play preparatory games among International teams (can be official T20I), and last 3 weeks for the WC with 12, may be 16 teams. To increase the popularity of the game, may be Associates can play T20I for whole year and that can be used as a qualifier for last 4-6 spots in WC.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •