Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

"Sarfaraz Ahmed should definitely be Pakistan's captain for the 2019 World Cup" : Misbah-ul-Haq

Misbah-ul-Haq in a media talk:

"Just because of one Asia Cup we have started making a huge fuss, the team has been doing well for 2 years. Bad patches happen but one tournament is not a big deal"

"In all formats, the team is doing well and we're back on track in Tests"

"Sarfaraz Ahmed is learning and improving and I don't think there should be any debate about his captaincy. There shouldn't even be any talk about replacing him"

"Just a few months are left for the World Cup so from my point of view, there is no doubt about it. I don't even know why people are doubtful about it. There is no question about it. Sarfaraz Ahmed should definitely be Pakistan's captain for the 2019 World Cup. It's clear in my mind, that's how it should be"

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Context for this is that Ehsan Mani yesterday in a presser stated that they have not come to any decision about Sarfaraz leading the team at the World Cup and that the decision would depend on the cricket committee's recommendations.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sanity prevails.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Misbah.

Don't know why his captaincy was even in question.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Context for this is that Ehsan Mani yesterday in a presser stated that they have not come to any decision about Sarfaraz leading the team at the World Cup and that the decision would depend on the cricket committee's recommendations.
    Ehsan Mani has a reputation for being a skilled operator, so I am surprised by how naive some of his statements in front of the media have been.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    313 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This is what is expected from a level headed guy. Well done.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Indian occupied kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    i hope mohsin hassan khan is sacked , still dont know why he has been appointed

Meri Awaaz suno....
    Mujhe Azaad karo....

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1653 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Misbah should have headed the committee, with Urooj Mumtaz, Wasim Akram and Bazid Khan as its members.

Don't know why we are trusting our cricket with a failed actor of B grade bollywood movies.

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surprised he didn't say Azhar Ali

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    979 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Sane voice as ever.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a mess we have started by appointing both these guys... First Mani who seemed like a decent appointee but looks like both him and Mohsin are horrible choices.

They are trying to fix what's not broken
    Last edited by MenInG; 5th November 2018 at 15:12.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mani has been a huge flop so far. Still early days but not looking good.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1721 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    Sanity prevails.
    He is speaking like a Committee member!

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup I was th8nkig the same, as a capta8n Misbah achieved a lot more than Wasim and mohsin, he is more capable, and educated.
    Very well said Misbah.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    657 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @SarfiBabarHaris so you still hate Misbah?

It's an opinion that one would expect from a cricketing genius like Misbah.

But I'd disagree. A lot depends on how Sarfraz does against NZ and SA.

His own contributions. Because we cannot have a captain who can't lead from the front. Puts pressure on an already fragile lineup.

If he's able to prove me wrong and show he indeed is an ODI performer, should be the captain for WC.

Does that sound fair @SarfiBabarHaris ?

I used to think it's too late to change the captain. But no, have to see how he performs.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post

His own contributions. Because we cannot have a captain who can't lead from the front. Puts pressure on an already fragile lineup.

If he's able to prove me wrong and show he indeed is an ODI performer, should be the captain for WC.

I used to think it's too late to change the captain. But no, have to see how he performs.
    whilst along hoping for him to fail...

that is the unwritten truth.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    657 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMMY69 View Post
    whilst along hoping for him to fail...

that is the unwritten truth.
    Even if I'm hoping for that, how would it actually affect Sarfraz s performance? You think it's sort of an evil eye and he'd miraculously stop being a Kohli if I hope for him to fail?

To answer you, no I'm not hoping for that. I'm happy to give him this chance, we're doing no good in ODIs and if he can perform to stay in the side, he really should.

Otherwise, need to find someone else.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    Surprised he didn't say Azhar Ali
    This is what Misbah haters were hoping so that they can bash him

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    captaincy shouldn't even come up publicly till WC'19

no good can come of speculating about the captain in front of the media

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't hate anyone. Its not a war of point scoring for me!

Any sane person will say what Misbah have said.

And no sane cricket organization chop and change captain months before the world cup. That will only disrupt the team. Abhdi jaan chor deni chaheye team ki world cup tk aur unhain back krna chaheye. Confidence is the key!

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    657 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    I don't hate anyone. Its not a war of point scoring for me!

Any sane person will say what Misbah have said.

And no sane cricket organization chop and change captain months before the world cup. That will only disrupt the team. Abhdi jaan chor deni chaheye team ki world cup tk aur unhain back krna chaheye. Confidence is the key!
    Our captain was changed only a few months before CT. Uss se kia hua?

So you don't believe that Sarfraz needs to perform first and his performance should be seen against NZ/SA?

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thank you misbah clearly can see difference between stupidity and sanity
    Don’t know how did Mohsin khan end up in this committee

New Era of Team Pakistan

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Our captain was changed only a few months before CT. Uss se kia hua?

So you don't believe that Sarfraz needs to perform first and his performance should be seen against NZ/SA?
    Ofcourse Performance of every player should be seen not only Sarfraz but i am not a fan of changing the core of the team just 6 months before the world cup. If players go with mindset of being dropped and not being a part of world cup, surely their performances will take a dent!

Read my old posts and i have said the same for last 1 year that a pool of 15-18 players should be identified and un ko world cup tk full confidence do aur back karo.

Silly statements like we have not finalized captain for world will only create problems imv. Once again confidence and backing is the key.

And yes it was another silly decision by PCB not to make Sarfraz captain after 2015 and then bringing him on just before the CT but kudos to the whole team that they won the CT when literally no one gave them a chance. Though Sarfraz was already t20 captain for almost 1 year so that helped somehow!

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Excellent by Misbah. Getting rid of Sarfraz will be suicidal

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank God we have Misbah to neutralize Mohsin Khan.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by in_cutter View Post
    This is what Misbah haters were hoping so that they can bash him
    Lol relax it was just a joke.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Misbah-ul-Haq in a media talk:

"Just because of one Asia Cup we have started making a huge fuss, the team has been doing well for 2 years. Bad patches happen but one tournament is not a big deal"

"In all formats, the team is doing well and we're back on track in Tests"

"Sarfaraz Ahmed is learning and improving and I don't think there should be any debate about his captaincy. There shouldn't even be any talk about replacing him"

"Just a few months are left for the World Cup so from my point of view, there is no doubt about it. I don't even know why people are doubtful about it. There is no question about it. Sarfaraz Ahmed should definitely be Pakistan's captain for the 2019 World Cup. It's clear in my mind, that's how it should be"
    The legend has spoken.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    Ofcourse Performance of every player should be seen not only Sarfraz but i am not a fan of changing the core of the team just 6 months before the world cup. If players go with mindset of being dropped and not being a part of world cup, surely their performances will take a dent!

Read my old posts and i have said the same for last 1 year that a pool of 15-18 players should be identified and un ko world cup tk full confidence do aur back karo.

Silly statements like we have not finalized captain for world will only create problems imv. Once again confidence and backing is the key.

And yes it was another silly decision by PCB not to make Sarfraz captain after 2015 and then bringing him on just before the CT but kudos to the whole team that they won the CT when literally no one gave them a chance. Though Sarfraz was already t20 captain for almost 1 year so that helped somehow!
    thats exactly what you do, change a failing captain and personnel.

How quickly people forget the Asia cup and other drubbings in the 50 over format!!

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Misbah played a HUGE role in appointing Azhar Ali as ODI captain.

Would take his advice with that thought in mind.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sarfraz has to justify that he is selected on merit in the team without captaincy. Right now most people think he cannot make the team on merit. If he does not improve then Misbah will also change his mind and go against his captaincy.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Lagta hai, ek hi jatke main Captain patti palat diya. Previously, there was Major, Waleed & very few others, now I guess in PP election, he'll get at least 35% vote (kahin single majority na ho jaye).

What head of adviser, Misbah for PCB Chairman ......................

On a serious note, I think he was responding to a leading question. For a careful personality like him, it's a bit surprising that he would say something such direct, which is contradictory to his role and against his Chairman's view couple of days back (In Corporate culture, it's almost like insubordination).

The best thing now should be to keep silent regarding this - "no comments" is better than many comments here. As of now, Sarfraz is Captain and he has to perform well below expectation for a change in leadership for WC.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sarfraz is not going anywhere. We don't have anyone else who's fit to lead this team.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    Sarfraz is not going anywhere. We don't have anyone else who's fit to lead this team.
    you mean Pakistan is so poor that they have to continue select a player for his alleged good captaincy although that player cannot make the team on merit?

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    you mean Pakistan is so poor that they have to continue select a player for his alleged good captaincy although that player cannot make the team on merit?
    What are our options? You don't even have a WK replacement for Sarfraz right now. Quit the whining and accept your predicament for what it is.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What are our options? You don't even have a WK replacement for Sarfraz right now. Quit the whining and accept your predicament for what it is.
    how many times I have seen this argument in Pakistan cricket: we don't have a replacement :faceplam: nice shield for incompetent cricketers to hide behind and fans are fools to play in those cricketers hands
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 6th November 2018 at 06:46.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Changing captains isn't going to do anything.

When will you people learn?

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    We are champions trophy holders calm down.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Chalo bhai who else is left to pontificate on this? Mohsin and Mani have done their bit, waiting for the other members of the committee to have their day in the sun as well

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully Misbah can continue to this sanity role in this committee. God knows what Mohsin is capable of.

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Texas, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Selection blunders, lack of match practice against quality teams and typical slow starter Pakistani team were the reasons behind Asia cup's disaster. Not Sarfraz. He is growing fast as a captain and now is not the time to bring uncertainty, politics within team and lack of confidence in your captain.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't Misbah the same guy who was a huge flop in ODIs, as captain and as a player. Used to play test cricket in ODIs.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how many times I have seen this argument in Pakistan cricket: we don't have a replacement :faceplam: nice shield for incompetent cricketers to hide behind and fans are fools to play in those cricketers hands
    How about you give us some names?
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 6th November 2018 at 06:47.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ehsani mani is not a suitable replacement for najam sethi,
    Mohsin khan has a reputation for issuing mindless statements, this duo May only prove disastrous for pak cricket

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How about you give us some names?
    First tell me do you agree that Sarfraz Ahmed cannot make the squad in all formats (Tests/ODIs/T20Is) on merit?

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First tell me do you agree that Sarfraz Ahmed cannot make the squad in all formats (Tests/ODIs/T20Is) on merit?
    Strictly as a batsman or as captain/wicket-keeper/batsman?

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Strictly as a batsman or as captain/wicket-keeper/batsman?
    strictly as WK batsman no captaincy; my point is he is currently only in the team because he is captain otherwise Pakistan would have dropped him long time ago, he has been horrible for long and only captaincy has been saving him from axe

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well Misbah is hardly likely to say Sarfraz should be dropped and shouldn't be captain. This nonsense of sacking a captain before major tournament is hogwash with Pakistan. We don't plan for the future and Sarfraz was made captain months before the CT.

Also Misbah said that Sarfraz is leading from the front which is nonsense. So not all of these comments are sensible. PCB will stick with Sarfraz as long he performs.