Sep 2018
    Venue
    Gujrat
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For global and competitive cricket, we need more teams in World Cups and Asia Cups

For Globalisation And Competitive Cricket We Need More Team In World Cup Giving Staus Of T20i To All Associate Nation Is Good Move Minimum Of 20 Team's In T20 World Cup And 16 Team's In World Cup Like 2007 Where We Seen Big Upsets Of Giant's And Business Wise 2007 World Cup Is Not Bad And Associate Teams Flourish Like Afghanistan And Ireland.

More A Games Of Associate Nations With Test Teams Improve Competition.

BIG THING CRICKET GET COMPETITION AND GLOBALISATION WITH ONE MORE THING A TOURNAMENT LIKE ASIA CUP WHICH BEGIN BEFORE WORLD CUPS OF T20I AND ODI SPAN OF 2 YEARS.

Arica Oceania Cup: Include South Africa , Zimbabwe, Kenya/Namibia , Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea Or Malaysia

Euro America Cup: Includes West Indies , USA/Canada/Bermuda ,
    ENGLAND, Scotland, Ireland And Netherland

If It Should Be Started With Asia Cup Cricket Goes On Next Level We Are Not Much Late...

Asia Cup Should Include 8 Team In Odi And 10 In T20i...

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree With You. Which Teams, Do You Think Should Be Added in Asia, Cup?

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Venue
    Gujrat
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadBall View Post
    Agree With You. Which Teams, Do You Think Should Be Added in Asia, Cup?
    India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Nepal, Sri Lanka, UAE And Hong Kong For ODI

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Assumption that the associates will improve when playing with better teams is a wrong one, as this might improve their current playing XI but to become a better team they need talent coming in and that's only possible with decent domestic structure.

There is no point of including teams unless their quality in improved and for that cricket bodies of those countries needs to form competitive structure. Having under developed teams in the world tournaments is not gonna serve any purpose and are gonna deliver one sided matches for the viewers. Yes if they form a competitive domestic structure like Afghanistan and Ireland than they should surely be considered.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah Rabbani View Post
    India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Nepal, Sri Lanka, UAE And Hong Kong For ODI
    Agreed, And, Which 20 Countrie's, In T20 WC?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We need more tournaments like the Asia cup. I enjoy those type of series more than seeing 2 teams play each other over 5 games.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Venue
    Gujrat
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadBall View Post
    Agreed, And, Which 20 Countrie's, In T20 WC?
    Bro when T20i status given to all members many good teams come top 20 by ranking is good for globalisation of cricket,

Tell me first what your thinking on Arica Ocenia Cup and Europe America Cup

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4886 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    There are some issues with this proposal - an overflow of tournaments will devalue the World Cups. Furthermore, it will be a challenge to attract spectators if the home team is not playing.

The latter is probably the biggest reason why tri-series have pretty much died.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Venue
    Gujrat
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    We need more tournaments like the Asia cup. I enjoy those type of series more than seeing 2 teams play each other over 5 games.
    It take cricket on next level more upsets like 2007 come

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bro when T20i status given to all members many good teams come top 20 by ranking is good for globalisation of cricket,

Given the packed schedules of SA and Aus (Don't know about NZ as they hadn't played for the past 7 months), and other tournaments I don't think an Ocenia Cup would be feasible. Maybe with just Zimbabwe, Kenya, Namibia, PNG etc.

WI/USA/Canada/Bermuda on the other hand sounds more feasible.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand that you want cricket to be globalized which is a good thought but unfortunately If other countries would have been interested in cricket they would have formed their domestic structures already by now but I don't think many countries are focusing upon it that much. Just making them play and improve will be artificial and even if their current players will somehow improve it wont be sustainable without a domestic structure.

One thing that can be done is to play exhibition matches in countries which can be big markets, like US, China, Russia etc. US is already being focused upon with T20i matches and exhibition matches but I am not sure if that has resulted in anything positive as of now. Just having expats and immigrants in the teams is also not gonna work in the long run.

Basically the target should be to make cricket popular among the locals by marketing, exhibition matches, giving them understanding of the games etc. Cricket should be launched as a product like the MNCs do when they want to spread in a certain market.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like CHina? lol

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Venue
    Gujrat
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Assumption that the associates will improve when playing with better teams is a wrong one, as this might improve their current playing XI but to become a better team they need talent coming in and that's only possible with decent domestic structure.

There is no point of including teams unless their quality in improved and for that cricket bodies of those countries needs to form competitive structure. Having under developed teams in the world tournaments is not gonna serve any purpose and are gonna deliver one sided matches for the viewers. Yes if they form a competitive domestic structure like Afghanistan and Ireland than they should surely be considered.
    This is why cricket failed to globalised.

Its Icc and Cricket boards responsibility to make good domestic structures even potential teams like Zimbabwe Netherland and kenya fade away by this in responsibility

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    Like CHina? lol
    Nice contribution to the thread.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Venue
    Gujrat
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Nice contribution to the thread.
    Ha ha

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Venue
    Gujrat
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know its very hard to globalisation.

But in this countries Cricket have some light

Scotland
    Ireland
    Nepal
    Netherlands
    Kenya
    Namibia
    Bermuda
    Zimbabwe
    Papua New Guinea
    Maybe USA/Canada

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Venue
    Gujrat
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone remember asia cup match
    Hong Kong vs India???

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone remember asia cup match
    Hong Kong vs India???
    You mean Expatriates XI vs India?

Debut
    Nov 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    You mean Expatriates XI vs India?
    It wasn't expats XI. Most of the players in HK were either born in HK or had learned their cricket in HK.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Venue
    Gujrat
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For Globalisation And Competitive Cricket We Need More Team In World Cup Giving Staus Of T20i To All Associate Nation Is Good Move Minimum Of 20 Team's In T20 World Cup And 16 Team's In World Cup Like 2007 Where We Seen Big Upsets Of Giant's And Business Wise 2007 World Cup Is Not Bad And Associate Teams Flourish Like Afghanistan And Ireland.

BIG THING CRICKET GET COMPETITION AND GLOBALISATION WITH ONE MORE THING A TOURNAMENT LIKE ASIA CUP WHICH BEGIN BEFORE WORLD CUPS OF T20I AND ODI SPAN OF 2 YEARS.

Arica Oceania Cup: Include South Africa , Zimbabwe, Kenya/Namibia , Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea Or Malaysia

If It Should Be Started With Asia Cup Cricket Goes On Next Level We Are Not Much Late...

Can anyone able to give this idea to icc

Debut
    Nov 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Full Members should try to play more against Associate Nations like I can't understand what did England and India achieve by playing against SL and WI? I know WI were good in ODIs but they have been pathetic apart from 3 matches in this whole tour. India could have played against Nepal as well in few ODIs and they wouldn't have been less competitive than WI in Tests and T20Is and teams do improve by playing against better oppositions. The main example is Afghanistan. They kept on playing against Pakistan and Bangladesh in matches here and there and now they have reached at a stage where they are smashing both SL and Bangladesh in most of the matches. Scotland also defeated England fair and square in an ODI and that same England team had whitewashed Australia and defeated India in the series. Honestly, I am tired of seeing same teams play each other again and again.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Venue
    Gujrat
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Chopra View Post
    Full Members should try to play more against Associate Nations like I can't understand what did England and India achieve by playing against SL and WI? I know WI were good in ODIs but they have been pathetic apart from 3 matches in this whole tour. India could have played against Nepal as well in few ODIs and they wouldn't have been less competitive than WI in Tests and T20Is and teams do improve by playing against better oppositions. The main example is Afghanistan. They kept on playing against Pakistan and Bangladesh in matches here and there and now they have reached at a stage where they are smashing both SL and Bangladesh in most of the matches. Scotland also defeated England fair and square in an ODI and that same England team had whitewashed Australia and defeated India in the series. Honestly, I am tired of seeing same teams play each other again and again.
    Is it true Ireland beaten windies and england in fc matches...

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It's difficult for a game like cricket to become global like football. As long as sub continent people keep migrating to other nations there is always a chance of cricket being played at a competitive level in 20 odd countries. But that is the best we can hope for so far.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have some groups on Facebook which are mainly for associates,u can join there if you wish to
    Some contributors of associate cricket are also there

Now coming to the topic

Odis(maybe) & t20is can be global

ICC has brought some changes in recent times
    Like t20i status has been awarded to all,105 members would be having a place in the ranking

Some fans here are complaining about Cricket not being competitive maybe not be even aware of some sports which are far less competitive where literally one nations dominates others,are actually a part of Olympics

T20s need to be taken to Olympics
    Windies can split there and We can have 12-16 comeptive teams easily even now,in future it will get only better
    Participating in Olympics would increase the funding of the National teams

Regarding the continental tournaments
    I feel the Asia Cup should remain as it is,I mean it should not merge
    Maybe we can 8-10-12 teams in Asia Cup
    Even Asia cups in Volleyball,Basketball,Hockey etc has 3-4 contenders but are contested with more teams so why not Cricket?

When football Asia Cup was started the participation was very small but with time it increased
    Malaysia & Japan(who are at a very low level) are taking some steps have homegrown players
    If Japan becomes competitive in Cricket then They will make few more Asian nations follow it

Other continents can be merged
    Like for T20is Windies can again split and Canada,USA can join in there and they can merge with Oceania

Africa & Europe can be merged
    African nations like Kenya,Uganda have craze for cricket but the problem is that their cricket is affected by corruption which is creating problem in their country in all the fields
    Nigeria is an emerging force at the u-19 level but again they also have the same problem as Kenya/Uganda

Cricket doesn't need to be compared with football
    Football match lasts for just 90 minutes whereas Cricket started as a timeless event then 6 day event then to 5 days and later Odis were introduced which lasted for 8 hours
    So it was very time taking

It was only in early 2000s where T20 format was introduced which gave Cricket a chance to become Global but then came the trio of Srinivasan/Giles Clarke/Sutherland who killed the growth of cricket with their selfish moves
    Now it's slowly getting back on track

I think cricket should follow the path of Rugby where comeptiveness is almost same but they allow the weaker teams to play bigger tournaments

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Venue
    Gujrat
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanRyan10 View Post
    We have some groups on Facebook which are mainly for associates,u can join there if you wish to
    Some contributors of associate cricket are also there

Now coming to the topic

Odis(maybe) & t20is can be global

ICC has brought some changes in recent times
    Like t20i status has been awarded to all,105 members would be having a place in the ranking

Some fans here are complaining about Cricket not being competitive maybe not be even aware of some sports which are far less competitive where literally one nations dominates others,are actually a part of Olympics

T20s need to be taken to Olympics
    Windies can split there and We can have 12-16 comeptive teams easily even now,in future it will get only better
    Participating in Olympics would increase the funding of the National teams

Regarding the continental tournaments
    I feel the Asia Cup should remain as it is,I mean it should not merge
    Maybe we can 8-10-12 teams in Asia Cup
    Even Asia cups in Volleyball,Basketball,Hockey etc has 3-4 contenders but are contested with more teams so why not Cricket?

When football Asia Cup was started the participation was very small but with time it increased
    Malaysia & Japan(who are at a very low level) are taking some steps have homegrown players
    If Japan becomes competitive in Cricket then They will make few more Asian nations follow it

Other continents can be merged
    Like for T20is Windies can again split and Canada,USA can join in there and they can merge with Oceania

Africa & Europe can be merged
    African nations like Kenya,Uganda have craze for cricket but the problem is that their cricket is affected by corruption which is creating problem in their country in all the fields
    Nigeria is an emerging force at the u-19 level but again they also have the same problem as Kenya/Uganda

Cricket doesn't need to be compared with football
    Football match lasts for just 90 minutes whereas Cricket started as a timeless event then 6 day event then to 5 days and later Odis were introduced which lasted for 8 hours
    So it was very time taking

It was only in early 2000s where T20 format was introduced which gave Cricket a chance to become Global but then came the trio of Srinivasan/Giles Clarke/Sutherland who killed the growth of cricket with their selfish moves
    Now it's slowly getting back on track

I think cricket should follow the path of Rugby where comeptiveness is almost same but they allow the weaker teams to play bigger tournaments
    Well Said Hope Things Go On Right Side

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The main issue with this is that the level of quality is not competitive in cricket beyond the traditional nations, which is different to say football, where you can have maybe 20 or more competitive teams.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2007 world cup is regarded as a failed world cup for a reason. And you want to base a model upon a failed model which broadcasters hated?

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    2007 world cup is regarded as a failed world cup for a reason. And you want to base a model upon a failed model which broadcasters hated?
    2011/2015 model was successful
    We can have World Cup in that format

If World Cup includes 14 teams then its likely that Zim,Ire,Sco,UAE would qualify other than the 10 teams playing in 2019
    Zim is Cricket crazy
    Ire & Sco have decent fan following
    UAE people aren't sport living people in general,even Federer played in empty stands there

If it was a 16 team WC then Netherlands & Nepal would be the 15th & 16th team
    Nepal is cricket crazy
    Netherlands has a small following

teams can be divided into two groups
    Broadcasters won't also have any problem as India/Pak would be getting 7/8 matches minimum even if they fail to qualify for knockouts