Sep 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"We have some work to do on our batting in ODIs" : Sarfaraz Ahmed

"We intend to take our ODI game towards improvement"

"We will try to play as well as we can as we have to participate in the 2019 World Cup and we have 18 games before that"

"We would like to use the momentum of the T20I series victory against New Zealand and take advantage of that and do well in all 3 departments of the game"

"They have very experienced ODI players in the team, with Trent Boult being part of their side; They also have Tom Latham and Henry Nicholls who have performed well for their team"

"We will try to put in good performances and hopefully this will be a great series to watch"

"Most of the games we have lost to New Zealand have been in New Zealand"

"We have some work to do in our batting in ODI as our bowling has been doing well"

"We will have to work on our batting, especially on the top-order as that is where we struggle the most"

"We lose early wickets in an ODI game and are unable to make a comeback for the rest of the game"

"Even if we do comeback, a score of 240-250 is not enough against good teams"

"We have spoken about this with our batsmen and we will try to take time [to adjust] on this wicket"

"and to set a good tone for the rest of the batting lineup"

"We have to play 18 ODI matches so if we win the first 3 of these then that will give us more confidence for later games"

"When we go to South Africa next we will have the confidence and thats why this series is important"
    Last edited by MenInG; 6th November 2018 at 14:53.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adaption is key on this wicket, Pak should not aim more than 275 in each match, Anything over and above is bonus! Open with Asif and Fakhar! Imad is gamble in ODIs.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    971 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Anything above 270 is hard to chase on these sluggish UAE wickets. Three stats to consider:

1) Pakistan have lost their last 11 ODIs against New Zealand.

2) Sarfraz is right about our top order struggles but our ODI batting as a whole this year has been lamentable. Against the top nine sides in 2018 amongst those who have played a minimum of 4 innings - it is Fakhar Zaman who possesses the highest average despite his numbers reading a mere 30 at a SR of 75 ! Shoaib Malik averages 28@66, Babar Azam averages 11@53, Imam-ul-Haq averages 24@67 and Sarfraz himself averages 19@70.

The Zimbabwe series really flatters the stats of our batsmen - https://tinyurl.com/y8alabr4.

3) Pakistan have lost 21 out of 27 ODIs against Australia, New Zealand, England, India and South Africa since the 2015 World Cup. We have won 6 times - half of those coming in the 2017 Champions Trophy win.

We must improve our ODI cricket massively before the 2019 World Cup.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4840 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Yes right. You need to work the most though.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    657 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Start working by dropping yourself.

You're the biggest hurdle pulling the team down in ODIs. Averaging 19@70 strike rate as @Markhor mentioned above.

@SarfiBabarHaris what say you? When are you going to agree he has to go? Or you want to wait how he does in NZ series?

If yes, I agree. Let's see.
    Last edited by gazza619; 6th November 2018 at 20:19.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Start working by dropping yourself.

You're the biggest hurdle pulling the team down in ODIs. Averaging 19@70 strike rate as @Markhor mentioned above.

@SarfiBabarHaris what say you? When are you going to agree he has to go? Or you want to wait how he does in NZ series?

If yes, I agree. Let's see.
    Hahha khud he yes, khud he agree :p

As the world cup is around the corner he doesn't need to go anywhere unless he is extremely poor with 2 of the 3 jobs he is doing.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    657 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    Hahha khud he yes, khud he agree :p

As the world cup is around the corner he doesn't need to go anywhere unless he is extremely poor with 2 of the 3 jobs he is doing.
    Captaincy = We're losing, it's bad
    Batting = Horrible as you know
    Keeping = OK

So.. it's bad in 2/3 already. But I'll give you the NZ series as well.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Keeping = OK

Hahaha kuchi bhi
    Kher whatever makes you happy :d :p

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Yes right. You need to work the most though.
    Sarfraz batting and keeping have been good lately and his captaincy also. Sarfraz is a big plus for Pak arries his recent Test and T20 performances into ODI. His average of 19 @ Sr 70 is better than some players played in the team as batsmen only.
    Last edited by PakPremi; 6th November 2018 at 20:39.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keeping = OK

So we should lose 5 nothing on this neutral ground against kiwis ( UAE has no home advantage for Pak).

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    657 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakPremi View Post
    So we should lose 5 nothing on this neutral ground against kiwis ( UAE has no home advantage for Pak).

UAE is even more of an advantage to us than Pak itself.

The low, slow pitches help our attritional brand of cricket, where spinners rule and can strangle the opposition's batting.

Why do you think we keep winning T20s here? And lots of Tests too, until we started losing last year against SL?

Make no mistake. Our team is made for these UAE conditions.

It will be a shame if we can't win the series.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't feel like NZ have the attack to trouble our batsmen in these conditions. Their pacers will be nullified and their spinners are bang on average.

We'll definitely score runs but I don't know if they will come at a fast enough rate.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1647 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    UAE is even more of an advantage to us than Pak itself.

The low, slow pitches help our attritional brand of cricket, where spinners rule and can strangle the opposition's batting.

Why do you think we keep winning T20s here? And lots of Tests too, until we started losing last year against SL?

Make no mistake. Our team is made for these UAE conditions.

It will be a shame if we can't win the series.

Bhai jo monh mein ata hai woh bol daltay ho?

Since 2009 Pakistan has played 61 matches in UAE, lost 33 and won 28

A decade prior to that when Pakistan was playing some cricket at home. 1999-2009. Pakistan played 71 ODIs, lost 25 and won 46.

If we go even a decade further back when there were no restrictions in cricket in Pakistan. 1989-1999, Pakistan played 52 matches lost 16 and won 34.

So before mouthing off and acting like an expert it is better to check the numbers. Without stats and data to back you up you are just another poster who thinks their opinion matters.

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Irrelevant but that trophy is one of the best trophies I’ve seen in a while.

Pakistan ODI is the worst of test playing nations. I don’t think they’d beat the current flattened Aussie team in UAE in ODI cricket.

Sarfraz is the worst wicket keeper batsman in the world. That’s including minnow nations.

Go look at his last 20 innings. It’s a joke.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How will our batting improve when the same players who are failing continuously picked. It's been proven this current line up won't get us to 300 plus scores regularly. We aren't even trying to introduce new players or move players like Faheem and Asif up the order.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1647 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    For a second I thought NZ had switched their kits to blue (which would make sense since about 90% of their flag is blue). Felt like it was their attempt to emulate the performance of other blue kit wearing teams against Pakistan

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Anything above 270 is hard to chase on these sluggish UAE wickets. Three stats to consider:

1) Pakistan have lost their last 11 ODIs against New Zealand.

2) Sarfraz is right about our top order struggles but our ODI batting as a whole this year has been lamentable. Against the top nine sides in 2018 amongst those who have played a minimum of 4 innings - it is Fakhar Zaman who possesses the highest average despite his numbers reading a mere 30 at a SR of 75 ! Shoaib Malik averages 28@66, Babar Azam averages 11@53, Imam-ul-Haq averages 24@67 and Sarfraz himself averages 19@70.

The Zimbabwe series really flatters the stats of our batsmen - https://tinyurl.com/y8alabr4.

3) Pakistan have lost 21 out of 27 ODIs against Australia, New Zealand, England, India and South Africa since the 2015 World Cup. We have won 6 times - half of those coming in the 2017 Champions Trophy win.

We must improve our ODI cricket massively before the 2019 World Cup.
    The picture is indeed grim and I am not convinced that we will see dramatic improvement, because the team remains more or less unchanged batting wise. They need to do some serious out of the box thinking, test out some new middle order batsmen, maybe even an opener, play Shadab or Faheem in new positions. Fakhar can't keep failing like this, at some he has to get the drop or move down the order. Sarfraz is hardly the biggest problem though - we lack players able to score at decent pace in LOIs and he has consistently been the fastest scorer by SR in both T20s and ODIs after Fakhar. Also, having the captain bat earlier should help structure chases a bit more, because he can be in the middle of it.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hafeez and Malik will add some much needed experience to this batting line-up. They are not world-class batsmen, but atleast they are better than the likes of Haris Sohail and Umar Amin. I'm not in favor of having Imam play aswell, but he has earnt his spot with his decent performances so far. Ideally Babar and Fakhar should open, with Hafeez at number three.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    657 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post

A decade prior to that when Pakistan was playing some cricket at home. 1999-2009. Pakistan played 71 ODIs, lost 25 and won 46.

If we go even a decade further back when there were no restrictions in cricket in Pakistan. 1989-1999, Pakistan played 52 matches lost 16 and won 34.

So before mouthing off and acting like an expert it is better to check the numbers. Without stats and data to back you up you are just another poster who thinks their opinion matters.
    Now go back to your primary class and tell me when was the last time PAK remained undefeated for such a long time within Pak? Never. Every team gave us a thrashing.

Have some sense. Why do you think we keep winning in Tests and T20s? Because tailor-made conditions for us and our bowlers/spinners/allrounders.

Batsmen are duds everywhere, so we lose everywhere in ODIs.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1647 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Now go back to your primary class and tell me when was the last time PAK remained undefeated for such a long time within Pak? Never. Every team gave us a thrashing.

Have some sense. Why do you think we keep winning in Tests and T20s? Because tailor-made conditions for us and our bowlers/spinners/allrounders.

Batsmen are duds everywhere, so we lose everywhere in ODIs.
    Munnay Pakistan's unbeaten run in T20s is not just built in UAE

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only 5 days of ramadan in 2019 that will collide with the WC,
    Were gonna need more than prayers this time.
    This team is alright though.

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Pakistan's problem with ODIs still exist. This series against NZ will shed some light on where the problems are. Pakistan lost to both India and Bangladesh in the Asia cup quite comfortably with none of the batters able to score meaningful runs except for Malik.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Our obvious weaknesses are Fakhar (in UAE), Asif (not an ODI player), and Sarfraz himself (reminds me of Amir who performs once per year).

If Fakhar fails in the first ODI he should be dropped, he has been utter garbage in the UAE, Instead give someone else a chance or try different combinations.

Asif should be dropped. I would honestly prefer Umar Akmal over this guy.

Sarfraz is useless when he bats at 6 or lower. I want him to bat at 4. I don't want him to bat any lower than 5. Another issue is we don't even have a good backup for Sarfraz.

Also, i wouldn't mind if they try Babar as an opener.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrai View Post
    Our obvious weaknesses are Fakhar (in UAE), Asif (not an ODI player), and Sarfraz himself (reminds me of Amir who performs once per year).

If Fakhar fails in the first ODI he should be dropped, he has been utter garbage in the UAE, Instead give someone else a chance or try different combinations.

Asif should be dropped. I would honestly prefer Umar Akmal over this guy.

Sarfraz is useless when he bats at 6 or lower. I want him to bat at 4. I don't want him to bat any lower than 5. Another issue is we don't even have a good backup for Sarfraz.

Also, i wouldn't mind if they try Babar as an opener.
    I don't think Asif will play, particularly considering the UAE pitches. Hafeez will probably replace him.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sarfraz has not been scoring too well because of juggling too many format as a captain and not batting in correct position 4 or 5.
    Playing in UAE does not have home advantage as Pak cannot have these tailor made like they would in Pakistan. They hardly have any Pak fans in crowd to support them. They can only have select players on tour and additional fatigue of being away from home. So it's like both teams are on tour.
    Anyway going by the usual pessimistic remarks (as there were before Pak T20 against Aus and NZ which unsurprisngly no longer matter) NZ should beat us comfortable. Let's see what happens.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    971 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    You ain't kidding.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Seems a lot of work to be done but then you need to admire the bowling also.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    In each and every press conference, he has mentioned that losing wickets at the top in clusters is a major problem.

And look at how the batsmen react

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    In each and every press conference, he has mentioned that losing wickets at the top in clusters is a major problem.

And look at how the batsmen react
    Imam almost always gets starts , he needs a good partner.

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1647 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JibranAnsari View Post
    Imam almost always gets starts , he needs a good partner.
    His snail's pace batting is part of the problem. Played 50 balls today for just 30 odd runs and then got out.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His snail's pace batting is part of the problem. Played 50 balls today for just 30 odd runs and then got out.
    Right now the snail is consistent.... agree on complete flat pitches where you chase 300+, he will be an absolute liability. But right now, we are unable to chase 250s. That should be doable with snail pace, if you survive long enough.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1647 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    Right now the snail is consistent.... agree on complete flat pitches where you chase 300+, he will be an absolute liability. But right now, we are unable to chase 250s. That should be doable with snail pace, if you survive long enough.
    We would have chased it today (or atleast got a lot closer) had Imam and Malik carried on, or atleast played 10 less balls each. They were tuk tuking like no tomorrow.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We would have chased it today (or atleast got a lot closer) had Imam and Malik carried on, or atleast played 10 less balls each. They were tuk tuking like no tomorrow.
    NZ has pace in middle overs.... that is kryptonite to Malik. Don't understand why they can't give someone new a go...

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    971 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    NZ has pace in middle overs.... that is kryptonite to Malik. Don't understand why they can't give someone new a go...
    We've gone from having Inzamam and Yousuf as the two senior middle-order batsmen everyone looked to for leadership in a crisis, to Malik and Hafeez who have always been mediocre batsmen especially against pace bowling.

We have proper batsmen like Haris Sohail and Saud Shakeel with strong List A records who can bat at a SR of 80-85+ yet we persist with these two sainted seniors because "experience".

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    We've gone from having Inzamam and Yousuf as the two senior middle-order batsmen everyone looked to for leadership in a crisis, to Malik and Hafeez who have always been mediocre batsmen especially against pace bowling.

We have proper batsmen like Haris Sohail and Saud Shakeel with strong List A records who can bat at a SR of 80-85+ yet we persist with these two sainted seniors because "experience".
    Mediocre and both are 37 or 38 years old now

What do they see that we have missed over the last 2 decades.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After following today's game... yes I believe Sarfraz is in-fact right when he says that they have to work on their batting in ODIs. #2+2=4

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1647 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    For rest of the series I'll go out of the box and have Asif in as opener and perhaps drop Fakhar down in the lower order.

Asif
    Babar
    Haris
    Sarfaraz
    Malik/Hafeez
    Fakhar
    Shadab
    Imad
    Fahim
    Shaheen
    Junaid/Hasan

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    SW Uk
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why did Pakistan have 4 allrounders Hafeez, Malik, Imad,shadab the team today, waste team picked with a t20 mindset

1 bat Imam
    2 bat Fukhar
    3 bat Hafeez
    4 bat Baber
    5 bat Haris
    6 bat/wk Sarfraz
    7 allrounder Malik
    8 spin shadab
    9 bowl hasan
    10 bowl shaheen
    11 bowl junaid

They still have the option of using hafeez Malik hairs turning they're arms over for a few

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sold on Haris Sohail as an ODI batsman. He struggles to rotate strike at times, specially against spin, and does not have a second gear. Similar to Babar Azam, although Babar is young and a higher ceiling. Haris might have the best stats for Pakistan this year, but he is not the solution to our batting woes.

Saud looks decent, and played a handy knock against NZ A recently in one of the games. He has batted too low down the order for a player of his quality and giving him a go right now won't hurt IMO.

But yeah Hafeez and Malik as our middle-order backbone is the joke of the century and sums up Pakistan's batting issues right now.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would put a lot of blame on the batting coach. If we can see common mistakes/flaws in our batsmen why can't he provide help to our batsmen.

We have been noticing weakness in Fakhar and nothing was done about it. At least we should see some signs of improvement noone is asking coach to transform a player overnight but flower has been on the job far too long. Most of our ODI games been lost due to too batting or poor chasing approach.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Baltic Sea
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True, Pakistan playing their Odi cricket in UAE is the worst thing to have happened to Pak. Pakistan was never this bad in odi's in Pak.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes you are doing it by playing bits and pieces from no. 4 to 8 including yourself.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plumb View Post
    I would put a lot of blame on the batting coach. If we can see common mistakes/flaws in our batsmen why can't he provide help to our batsmen.

We have been noticing weakness in Fakhar and nothing was done about it. At least we should see some signs of improvement noone is asking coach to transform a player overnight but flower has been on the job far too long. Most of our ODI games been lost due to too batting or poor chasing approach.
    This coaching staff believes more in hyping up players more than showing them the mirror

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasn't that apparent since the CT17 that they needed to work on their batting? They weren't brilliant there either having 2 good games and everyone forgets their history of batting problems?

Pakistan will be found out against stronger opposition and as NZ did it back earlier in the year now in UAE they are doing the same.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree - But he alone cannot win all the matches. If 4 of the top 6 batsmen will fail in every ODI against NZ then how can you expect a keeper to win it for you every time!! People need to think!!!

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least trophy look more professional than the biscuit one!!

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All pKistan batsmen have some inherent weakness. Like Sarfaraz gets cramped for space on balls on legs, Fahim, Asif and couple others get choked against spin and can only hit pacers, Hafeez, Sarfaraz, etc. can't handle pace. Issue is we have not done anything to rectify any of the issues. It is the same old weakness that continues forever!!

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    On paper today's total looks pretty good, but I thought they should have scored at least 300. There were times when the batting was lethargic and lacked urgency. Some lazy running between the wickets and frankly a bit selfish batting at times.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    On paper today's total looks pretty good, but I thought they should have scored at least 300. There were times when the batting was lethargic and lacked urgency. Some lazy running between the wickets and frankly a bit selfish batting at times.
    Who did you reckon was being selfish?

If pakistan cricket is to move forward they need to stop going back

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Gone are the days when our team would score 50/60 runs in the last 4/5 overs. Even Asif Ali who is supposed to be the enforcer doesnt look like a threat.
    We really need a Razzler/Boom boom down the order.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Babar needs to show more intent. I find he wastes 10/20 balls every time he makes a big score. Since we dont have any power hitters down the order our batsmen need to keep up the run a ball run rate.

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    sure there was slight selfishness on Babar's part, and maybe some lazy running overall, but those are minor things - maybe cost 5-10 runs

the real issue is the lack of hitting. From 225-3 after 43 overs, not getting 300 came down not finding the boundary enough

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    I think Babar could have upped the pace earlier and who knows may have got to his 100. Even Fakhar wasn't totally fluent and Hafeez was awful.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza619 View Post
    Gone are the days when our team would score 50/60 runs in the last 4/5 overs. Even Asif Ali who is supposed to be the enforcer doesnt look like a threat.
    We never did that consistently against any top ranked side. These are deceptive memories based on once in a blue moon performances

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Good progress made. Haris is among the runs. Sarfaraz has realized he doesn't belong in the top 5. Though it wouldn't be a problem if he bats at 5 with a strong top 4.

Malik, Hafeez and Imam serve no purpose. They have to be replaced by Saud and Zeeshan.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza619 View Post
    When did we score 50 60 runs in the last 5 overs?
    We were terrible in the Afridi and A Razzaq days

From 200/5 to 220 AO on most occasions.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When was the last time a team scored 300 in Dubai?the average total is 220 in dubai

Learn to be happy for once

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Rawalakot, Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleedgreen4ever View Post
    When was the last time a team scored 300 in Dubai?the average total is 220 in dubai

So we shouldn't score 300 in Dubai unless any other team do it?

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleedgreen4ever View Post

Aim high and you win tournaments and matches.

Settle for only what others can do, then you become an also-ran.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aim high and you win tournaments and matches.

Settle for only what others can do, then you become an also-ran.
    They had wickets in hand and were on course.

Haris played well but he slowed down at the end.

Also sending Malik instead of Asif Ali cost us a few runs.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Some work to do ?

Just drop Malik and Hafeez and 75% of the work will be done.