Pretty dumb statement. Didn’t expect this from him

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think calling all Indian batsmen as overrated is what didn't go well with him and being the captain of Indian team, he just couldn't resist himself to it. I mean it is quite absurd if someone calls all the batsmen of your team as overrated though I feel it is okay if someone prefers batters of other countries over them.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1719 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    I think calling all Indian batsmen as overrated is what didn't go well with him and being the captain of Indian team, he just couldn't resist himself to it. I mean it is quite absurd if someone calls all the batsmen of your team as overrated though I feel it is okay if someone prefers batters of other countries over them.
    Well he took that as a personal insult. Maybe that's what endears him to his fans - wears his heart on his sleeve

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Lol at people making excuses for the dumb statement.

According to this logic then members like Mamoon shouldn’t live in Pakistan. People have opinion, the tweet said nothing wrong to get that kind of response

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Well he took that as a personal insult. Maybe that's what endears him to his fans - wears his heart on his sleeve
    I think yes, if you are a representative of your team and if a fan post a comment randomly like all Indian batsmen are overrated, then this clearly won't go well with him and he just expressed what he felt at that point of time.

He did said he has no problem if you like Aussie or English players but he also expressed his opinion clearly to everyone out there.Just said what he felt at that time.
    Last edited by Ab Fan; 6th November 2018 at 20:26.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think yes, if you are a representative of your team and if a fan post a comment randomly like all Indian batsmen are overrated, then this clearly won't go well with him and he just expressed what he felt at that point of time.

He did said he has no problem if you like Aussie or English players but he also expressed his opinion clearly to everyone out there.Just said what he felt at that time.
    Fair point. VK spoke his heart out and was not being diplomatic. It appeared to be a light hearted interview anyways and so I dont see why all the fuss.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1) His opinion is what people are criticizing.

2) Telling people to move out of India just because they didn't like Indian batting is over reacting and childish response from a player like Virat.

3) It is cricket, leave it to that, no need to stoke nationalism over someone not liking national team batting.

I am sure there are many in India who probably do not like Indian batting, can't ask everyone to leave the country. lol

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What would be next?

Someone not liking Bollywood movies will also be told to leave India?

Or not liking Indian food will be told to leave India?

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Idiotic comment, joke or not. Kohli should really know to keep hos mouth shut.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slipcatch View Post
    1) His opinion is what people are criticizing.

2) Telling people to move out of India just because they didn't like Indian batting is over reacting and childish response from a player like Virat.

3) It is cricket, leave it to that, no need to stoke nationalism over someone not liking national team batting.

I am sure there are many in India who probably do not like Indian batting, can't ask everyone to leave the country. lol
    Even I am not a fan of Indian batting. But I don't get this point, why you would say this to Indian captain that all Indian batsmen are overrated and I prefer England and Australian batsmen over them. You have your preference but saying this to the Indian captain that all Indian batsmen are overrated will definitely not go well with him because after all he plays for his country,he plays to keep the expectations of the fans and all Indian batsmen also play for their country and their fans all over the country.

The talk of leaving India probably came out childish and from what he just felt emotionally at that point of time, but as fans we need to understand this part because someone who plays for his country and his fans and the whole team gets to hear this statement might not go down well.

It is something you have to look from everyone's perspective and not from just one end.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    956 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Even I am not a fan of Indian batting. But I don't get this point, why you would say this to Indian captain that all Indian batsmen are overrated and I prefer England and Australian batsmen over them. You have your preference but saying this to the Indian captain that all Indian batsmen are overrated will definitely not go well with him because after all he plays for his country,he plays to keep the expectations of the fans and all Indian batsmen also play for their country and their fans all over the country.

The talk of leaving India probably came out childish and from what he just felt emotionally at that point of time, but as fans we need to understand this part because someone who plays for his country and his fans and the whole team gets to hear this statement might not go down well.

It is something you have to look from everyone's perspective and not from just one end.
    What? Can you please stop tripping over yourself just because you want to defend Kohli's stupidity?

The fans are entitled to criticize the players on their performances if they believe that said players are not doing well. "Playing for your country" is not an excuse for such remarks, Kohli is not a soldier who is eating bullets for his country, he is an athelete and should feel privileged that he got a chance to represent India. He should especially feel privileged that he's become a superstar due to these very fans that he is now asking to GTHO.

Additionally, this comment of his can be fuel for the already dangerous situation in India where people have been assaulted for supporting other cricket teams in the past. When the captain and one of the most famous Indians in the world is saying that people who support non-Indian atheletes/teams should be kicked out, what do you think is going to happen when some nationalist with low self-esteem comes across a guy supporting a foreign team?

All in all, this was a dumb comment for a 31 year old to make. I guess some people never grow up.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    956 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    And its not surprising that there are st least a few Indians who see through the facade and know that this current batting lineup is overrated. Barring Kohli, who himself is no Sachin, the rest have many flaws and have been exposed time and time again.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    And its not surprising that there are st least a few Indians who see through the facade and know that this current batting lineup is overrated. Barring Kohli, who himself is no Sachin, the rest have many flaws and have been exposed time and time again.
    Hillairious how can you find flaws in others but not in your favourties

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I hope Kohli apologises for this. These were pathetic comments. You are free to like who you want.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Orlando, FL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    Kohli is right. Conflict of interest comes to mind.

What, LOL, you don't have to agree with an Indian player/captain even when they are dead wrong...what next, I like a Mercedes more than an Ambassador, get the heck out of India?

And pretty ironic that he said that in light of the link posted by DeadBall: LINK

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Orlando, FL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    What are you waiting for then? Come to India.

Took the words out of my mouth :-)

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It seems like Kohli doesn't really care about anything and does what he wants. He has become too big in India for anyone to question him, so it seems.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrai View Post
    It seems like Kohli doesn't really care about anything and does what he wants. He has become too big in India for anyone to question him, so it seems.
    Even dictaror's don't try to make themselves look like idiots. Kohli said a very stupid thing which has nothing to do with nationalism. India is not a communist swamp like North Korea, it's a major importer and exporter of products, service and culture. Some things are not humorous and can damage repuation. Kohli should make an apology for his remark if he doesn't want be remembered as a tool in future.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fan might already have applied for a visa.

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Batting and fitness. Nothing else.
    And winning matches, nothing else.

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahee View Post
    Aptly called "King"....if you're an Indian but do not like to see Indian batsmen in action, what's the use of you being an Indian and living in India
    The use of my being an indian is to watch some pampered sportperson score some sixes and make millions? What is wrong with you?

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stupid comments.
    Can't expect these kind of statements from legend

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1719 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Can we do away with this false sense of righteousness? Who made Virat Kohli, saint Kohli?

He is what he is. He is known for his batting and nothing else matters

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can we do away with this false sense of righteousness? Who made Virat Kohli, saint Kohli?

He is what he is. He is known for his batting and nothing else matters
    Bad rep can hurt your legacy though. You don't have to act like a saint but least you can do is not talk stupid. Akhtar was among top 3 most popular cricketer in early 2000s but he's fallen off the ladder now due to controversy. Not comparing Kohli to Akhar but you get point.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    377 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    As a fan I will give the benefit of doubt to that fan. May be he also had high hopes from our batsmen when they toured England. After the test series they did look like a bunch of overrated and overpaid noobs. And just like fans have no right to decide when Virat Kohli should skip Asia Cup or T20 series against West Indies, Virat Kohli too has no power to decide who should leave India or not.

I like him as a batsman only. But as a captain and also off the field he is not a very likeable human being.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Must have been normal tweet which you will get many on twitter and the tv show guys picked it to add some masala from it?
    Last edited by Sam99; 7th November 2018 at 09:57.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a fan I will give the benefit of doubt to that fan. May be he also had high hopes from our batsmen when they toured England. After the test series they did look like a bunch of overrated and overpaid noobs. And just like fans have no right to decide when Virat Kohli should skip Asia Cup or T20 series against West Indies, Virat Kohli too has no power to decide who should leave India or not.

I like him as a batsman only. But as a captain and also off the field he is not a very likeable human being.
    Not likeable human being? Care to eoaborate what did he do wrong for him not to be a likeable human being?

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    Not likeable human being? Care to eoaborate what did he do wrong for him not to be a likeable human being?
    His on-field behaviour is shameful, he acts like Australians who're the most ill-manner bunch in cricket. *** for tat attitude is not very likable for cricketers (although I don't like that ideology, but that's how it is). He has also said quite a few silly stuff during press conference after becoming captain.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Gomes View Post
    His on-field behaviour is shameful, he acts like Australians who're the most ill-manner bunch in cricket. *** for tat attitude is not very likable for cricketers (although I don't like that ideology, but that's how it is). He has also said quite a few silly stuff during press conference after becoming captain.
    Disrespecting kumble & rejecting dravid, zak as coach was biggest mistake of vk.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very idiotic, I was not expecting that from this man.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam99 View Post
    Disrespecting kumble & rejecting dravid, zak as coach was biggest mistake of vk.
    People might have forgotten his Kumble affair had he kept his mouth shut everytime a reporter provokes him. He doesn't do himself favour giving stupid answers to stupid questions regarding team selection and overseas test performance. Shashtri being his puppet doesn't help either, many people think Kohli has too much influence on the team (a big reason why Dhoni is still around).

People are still fond of Ganguly and captain Dhoni (not the player). I don't know how people will view Kohli the captain after he retires. So far the perception is not very positive.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Gomes View Post
    People might have forgotten his Kumble affair had he kept his mouth shut everytime a reporter provokes him. He doesn't do himself favour giving stupid answers to stupid questions regarding team selection and overseas test performance. Shashtri being his puppet doesn't help either, many people think Kohli has too much influence on the team (a big reason why Dhoni is still around).

People are still fond of Ganguly and captain Dhoni (not the player). I don't know how people will view Kohli the captain after he retires. So far the perception is not very positive.
    His wins ratio as captain is very high so fans will remember him as great captain. Idk what others will remember him as maybe great batsman that's it.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Sweden
    Runs
    Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The bigger question is, who is that fan who thinks that Indian batters are inferior to Aussie or English batters?

"daaaya, pata lagaao zara"

ya aenu chuk lay ya mainu aenu chukkan di taaqat day

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam99 View Post
    His wins ratio as captain is very high so fans will remember him as great captain. Idk what others will remember him as maybe great batsman that's it.
    We have to see Kohli's ODI win ratio after Dhoni retires/axed. Dhoni is basically the disguised captain in LOIs, that's the only reason he is around (even though he's not needed, nor he should be). As for tests, the Australia series will be a big one for Kohli.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is absolutely correct in saying that because if u live in India u will see more Indian batsmen batting but if u wants to see someone else then go and live where they batting!!!!!!

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    377 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoUgandaCranes View Post
    The bigger question is, who is that fan who thinks that Indian batters are inferior to Aussie or English batters?

"daaaya, pata lagaao zara"
    CID band ho gaya bhai.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Sweden
    Runs
    Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    CID band ho gaya bhai.
    I hope Saas bhi Kabhi Bahu thee is still running. Like the Indian batting production line, that show is iconic.

ya aenu chuk lay ya mainu aenu chukkan di taaqat day

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another Gautam Gambhir in the making.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 7th November 2018 at 18:37.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't he openly mention that he supports the German Football team?

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Somebody remind him cricket is a colonial game invented by British

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1649 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    CID band ho gaya bhai.
    Viru bhai why you posting on Pakistani website.... either like Indian forums or get out of India

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gullycricket View Post
    Somebody remind him cricket is a colonial game invented by British
    True, Kohli should play gili danda (that's what they call it right?)

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Really poor from Kohli. As a captain of the national side, he should have laughed it off.

Great batsmen but acts childish at times.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Dec 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He could have taken a high road here, but seriously it is not a big deal. Those comments from that so called fan were totally out of line.
    To me, Kohli can say whatever the hell he wants! Best player of the world!

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caved12 View Post
    He could have taken a high road here, but seriously it is not a big deal. Those comments from that so called fan were totally out of line.
    Fan - I prefer watching non-Indian batsmen

Kohli - Leave the country then.

What is worse?

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Dec 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Fan - I prefer watching non-Indian batsmen

Kohli - Leave the country then.

What is worse?
    Chalo yaar agreed, he got carried away, but like I said it is not a big deal.
    At the end of the day, he is still human.
    Last edited by Caved12; 8th November 2018 at 00:43.

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoUgandaCranes View Post
    I hope Saas bhi Kabhi Bahu thee is still running. Like the Indian batting production line, that show is iconic.
    I hate to break it to you, but it ended 10 years ago. CID will be back though, just taken off for a bit.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guarantee Kohli would never say that to a foreigner who likes Indian batsman more then his own. Typical hypocrite, lost some respect for him after spewing such irrational nonsense.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    I guarantee Kohli would never say that to a foreigner who likes Indian batsman more then his own. Typical hypocrite, lost some respect for him after spewing such irrational nonsense.
    Spot on.He once said in an interview that Hershel Gibbs was his favorite cricketer and Federer his favorite sportsperson.
    He always has been arrogant and just shows fake humility as advised by his PR team.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 8th November 2018 at 06:53.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By your logic Aussies have every right to be abusive and sledge everyone as they are the current World champs and the top cricketing nation.

Never like this hypocrisy where people hate Warner for sledging while for Kohli hurling abuses he can say what he wants.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some years back when a man in Pak was reprimanded for saying Kohli was his cricketing hero the Indian captain didn't tell him to support his own team. So according to Kohl it is okay for people of other countries to have Indian hero's but he does not like it when the shoe is on the other foot. Some logical Indians rightfully giving him a severe bashing on twitter over what they call his "embarrassing comments".

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kohli should start playing Cricket in a lungi and only speak Hindi from now on! After all he wouldn't want any foreign influence maligning his Indian pride. Someone should also tell him that Cricket was invented by the Brits. Stupid man.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kohli follows western culture much more then the British and Aussies do so he is no one to tell people of home pride.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can take Kohli out of Delhi, but can't take the Delhi out of Kohli it seems. Completely infantile and idiotic statement.

Would have been better off waiting for wifey's PR team to send him a reaction script instead of trying to be spontaneous/funny. Has only displayed his small mindedness here

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logic of some PPers
    When Warner reacts after some bad things said about his Family-He is a bully,deserves it etc...
    For Kohli who cant take a negative comment and hurls abuses at everyone(See SA series even didn't spare poor Keshav Mehraj)-Kohli plays with emotion,aggressive captain,King Kohli,Kohli knows how to give it back,great player can do anything etc.
    His fall from grace will be spectacular to watch
    Such hypocrisy.Even Dravid whom I respect a lot said that he cringes at his statements.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    782 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Chalo yaar agreed, he got carried away, but like I said it is not a big deal.
    At the end of the day, he is still human.
    Then start treating him as one and don't elevate him to something else.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He didn't say he has no problem if you like Aussie or English players. He said, "I don't mind you not liking me, but I don't think you should live in our country and like other things."

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    india
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedwaqas92 View Post
    Then start treating him as one and don't elevate him to something else.
    We dont call him god of cricket, its only for Sachin tendulkar.
    Humans can be king, so he is king kohli. Haha

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1719 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Virat Kohli‘s recent comments about asking a fan to ‘leave India’ has apparently not gone down too well with the BCCI. The India captain, who has been rested for the T20I series against a West Indies, embroiled himself in fresh controversy after a video of him went viral on social media. It shows Kohli saying that “those who prefer English and Australian batsmen should not live in India.”

The video, available on Kohli’s recently-launched app, shows him expressing his disapproval after a fan called him an ‘over-rated batsman’ and that he prefers watching English and Australian batsmen instead. After reading the message out loud, Kohli replied: “Ok, I don’t think you should live in India then… you should go and live somewhere else, no? Why are you living in our country and loving other countries? I don’t mind you not liking me, but I don’t think you should live in our country and like other things. Get your priorities right.”

Kohli’s comments have led to his trolling on social media, but more importantly, it seems to have drawn an adverse reaction from the BCCI bosses, as per a report in the Times of India.

“We, at the BCCI value our cricket fans and respect them and their choices. I loved to watch Sunil Gavaskar bat, but also loved watching (Gordon) Greenidge, (Desmond) Haynes and Viv Richards. I loved watching Sachin, Viru (Virender Sehwag), Sourav (Ganguly), VVS (Laxman), Rahul (Dravid) bat but also loved Mark Waugh, Brian Lara and so many others. Shane Warne for me has been the most exciting spinner to watch, but one felt the most thrill when Anil (Kumble) was bowling. Kapil Dev on song was a delight to watch as were (Richard) Hadlee, (Ian) Botham and Imran (Khan),” BCCI treasurer Anirudh Chaudhary said.

“I think this has to do with respecting cricketing excellence without any thoughts about geographical or political boundaries.”

Kohli is quite active on Instagram where he can be seen posting video promoting international brands. In fact, many have found Kohli’s statement hypocritical considering he once called South Africa batsman Herschelle Gibbs his favourite cricketer.

An undisclosed BCCI official said: “Virat needs to understand that if the fans go away to other countries, then no Puma etc. will want to sign him for ₹100 crores. The BCCI’s revenue will fall, and consequently the players’ fees. If he checks his contract, he may find that he may have violated his contract with this statement. Just like he violated BCCI’s contract with Nike when travelling to England to support Puma. He should walk the talk and support the BCCI’s partners rather than focusing on private endorsements. He is a great player and it’s time to try and be a great human being.”

Kohli last played in the five-match ODI series against West Indies where he scored three centuries and became the fastest cricketer to 10000 ODI runs.

https://www.cricketcountry.com/news/...reports-763108

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Virat Kohli‘s recent comments about asking a fan to ‘leave India’ has apparently not gone down too well with the BCCI. The India captain, who has been rested for the T20I series against a West Indies, embroiled himself in fresh controversy after a video of him went viral on social media. It shows Kohli saying that “those who prefer English and Australian batsmen should not live in India.”

The video, available on Kohli’s recently-launched app, shows him expressing his disapproval after a fan called him an ‘over-rated batsman’ and that he prefers watching English and Australian batsmen instead. After reading the message out loud, Kohli replied: “Ok, I don’t think you should live in India then… you should go and live somewhere else, no? Why are you living in our country and loving other countries? I don’t mind you not liking me, but I don’t think you should live in our country and like other things. Get your priorities right.”

Kohli’s comments have led to his trolling on social media, but more importantly, it seems to have drawn an adverse reaction from the BCCI bosses, as per a report in the Times of India.

“We, at the BCCI value our cricket fans and respect them and their choices. I loved to watch Sunil Gavaskar bat, but also loved watching (Gordon) Greenidge, (Desmond) Haynes and Viv Richards. I loved watching Sachin, Viru (Virender Sehwag), Sourav (Ganguly), VVS (Laxman), Rahul (Dravid) bat but also loved Mark Waugh, Brian Lara and so many others. Shane Warne for me has been the most exciting spinner to watch, but one felt the most thrill when Anil (Kumble) was bowling. Kapil Dev on song was a delight to watch as were (Richard) Hadlee, (Ian) Botham and Imran (Khan),” BCCI treasurer Anirudh Chaudhary said.

“I think this has to do with respecting cricketing excellence without any thoughts about geographical or political boundaries.”

Kohli is quite active on Instagram where he can be seen posting video promoting international brands. In fact, many have found Kohli’s statement hypocritical considering he once called South Africa batsman Herschelle Gibbs his favourite cricketer.

An undisclosed BCCI official said: “Virat needs to understand that if the fans go away to other countries, then no Puma etc. will want to sign him for ₹100 crores. The BCCI’s revenue will fall, and consequently the players’ fees. If he checks his contract, he may find that he may have violated his contract with this statement. Just like he violated BCCI’s contract with Nike when travelling to England to support Puma. He should walk the talk and support the BCCI’s partners rather than focusing on private endorsements. He is a great player and it’s time to try and be a great human being.”

Kohli last played in the five-match ODI series against West Indies where he scored three centuries and became the fastest cricketer to 10000 ODI runs.

Lol who is that undisclosed BCCI official who wants him to be a good human being?
    @Bhaag Viru Bhaag any idea?

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the start of Quit India Movement version 2.0....

Protagonists are King Kohli and his cheer leader Shastri

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    377 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    Lol who is that undisclosed BCCI official who wants him to be a good human being?
    @Bhaag Viru Bhaag any idea?
    It seems even BCCI is taking these comments seriously. Whose side are you on now?

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    377 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Well said by Anirudh Chaudhary. He was talking like a true fan of this beautiful game rather than a typical BCCI official.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember him shooting a video of his wife insulting a common man for no reason. That was disgusting.
    This even more so.
    Pretence is a common trait in bollywood actors and no wonder he's acquired it.
    He's downright arrogant and this fake humility must be hard for him to perform

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    377 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TNAmarkFromIndia View Post
    He didn't say he has no problem if you like Aussie or English players. He said, "I don't mind you not liking me, but I don't think you should live in our country and like other things."
    And also if that fan wants to continue living in India he should never dream of owning products from BMW, Ferrari, Audi, Puma or Apple.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    377 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed216 View Post
    I remember him shooting a video of his wife insulting a common man for no reason. That was disgusting.
    This even more so.
    Pretence is a common trait in bollywood actors and no wonder he's acquired it.
    He's downright arrogant and this fake humility must be hard for him to perform
    Whenever he takes a rest or skip a series he comes up with something stupid everytime.

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And also if that fan wants to continue living in India he should never dream of owning products from BMW, Ferrari, Audi, Puma or Apple.
    Also no MNC's for working......

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India ke VISA questionnaire main add kar do,

" Kya aapko desi batsmen pasand hain ya Videshi ".... Sara mamala saaf ho jayega....

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    509 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Should just keep his mouth shut and let his bat do the talking... always spews garbage whenever he opens it.
    You are in a wrong thread mate...This thread is not about Sarfraz.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    377 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aukhan View Post
    You are in a wrong thread mate...This thread is not about Sarfraz.
    He is in the right thread because Sarfaraz's bat hardly do the talking.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something that was said in jest by Kohli is a topic of serious discussion by social media, multiple newspaper columnists and even Harsha Bhogle is sermonising on twitter.. hilarious!

John 3:16

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Says the guy who loved other countries so much he decided to hold his wedding outside India and go for his honeymoon outside India.

Kohli stop driving Audi's bro, take an autorickshaw or get an Omni, Maruti will gladly make you one.

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-46134834

Attachment 85330

BBC now reporting on this, well done Saj made the cut.

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Scot-la-la-land
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1606 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    People like Graeme Smith should stop saying stuff like he's the Messiah of test cricket. He has enough cheer leaders in the Indian setup. All of this makes him feel entitled and the result is his stupidity in the last few days.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post

I am sure he knows what trolling is and how to troll.

Should have apologize for his insensitive comments.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post

Poor attempt at saving.

Ex Shahid Afridi fan.

Debut
    Jun 2013