Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post

Had no other choice left after BCCI's response.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post

As I said, what made him go berserk was the fact that "These Indian batsmen are overrated" statement. He just couldn't take the words that well at that very moment and ended up becoming a bad guy for himself.

Good he responded on it. Btw, I have also preferred and had liking towards foreign batsmen at times even more than Indian batsmen. But, we have to understand the context of everything before taking on the said man.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's what I thought that he was just trolling it back because context of the media was such. It's like you try to troll Virat on field, he is not gonna shut up till match is over, he will destroy your mental concentration when you come on to bat. I remember him giving it back to Broad when he gave send off to debutant, Pant. He specifically mentioned that I am attacking you because you had go at that debutant.

After playing these many years of cricket, if people have seen how Virat is aggressive in everything he does, but still limits himself and not be total tool like many Australians do, then most people should have just predicted what Virat was going to say when you tell him that indian batsmen are overrated.

See Virat is kind of character that who doesn't hold back. He doesn't portray himself, what he is not. There is usually no fakeness. He doesn't say things what society wants him to say. And I think we need to give him enough space. He should be having freedom to say these things, especially when he is doing it in jest. If he was being asked this question on different platform, he may have said "I would rather prefer them to be supporting Indian team". But he came Harsh because the platform allowed him to.

Hope people don't start doing characterization just because he said these things. He is still among the most down to earth player, doesn't stop praising players he likes, doesn't matter what Nationality they come from. Amir, Shai Hope, Gayle, Markran, ABDV etc.

3WCs, #1 Test #1 ODI team, Fab 9: Sachin, Dravid, Saurav, Kumble, VVS, Viru, Zak, MSD, Yuvi

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tolerant India...although I think that may have been a tongue in cheek response.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I totally agree with the fan the current lot of Indian batsman are totally overrated (apart from kohli of course).

What's wrong in saying the truth?

Though I wouldn't agree with watching aussie or English batsmen they aren't any better than the current batsmen..

Very poor comments from kohli, if he was trolling then his trolling skills are as poor as his captaincy.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    957 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoUgandaCranes View Post
    The bigger question is, who is that fan who thinks that Indian batters are inferior to Aussie or English batters?

"daaaya, pata lagaao zara"
    Underrated comment. POTW for me.

لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dŻr
    Runs
    Mentioned
    478 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The bigger question is, who is that fan who thinks that Indian batters are inferior to Aussie or English batters?

Gold.

Tazimi Sirdar

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1651 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Must be India's equivalent of Dr. M

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Saj tweet being quoted by the BBC on this: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world...india-46134834

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CoA To Look Into Virat Kohli's 'Leave India' Video Controversy

The Supreme Court-appointed Committee of Administrators (CoA) said on Thursday that they would look into the controversial video in which Indian skipper Virat Kohli can be seen lambasting a fan to go abroad for not supporting the Indian team. ďThe Supreme Court-appointed Committee of Administrators (CoA) will look into the matter,Ē a source told ANI. The video is doing rounds on social media and Kohli is getting slammed by fans for his comments. The promotional video was recorded by Kohli for his newly-launched application on his birthday on November 5.

Kohli was seen reading out messages of a user who had written, ďHe (Virat Kohli) is an over-rated batsman. Nothing seems special in his batting. I enjoy watching English and Australian batsmen more than these Indians."

A fuming Kohli, while reacting to it, said ďI don't think you should live in India. Go and live somewhere else. Why are you living in our country and loving other countries? I don't mind you not liking me. I don't think you should live in our country and like other things. Get your priorities right."

The cricketing fraternity also criticized the skipper for making such bizarre comments. Cricket commentator Harsha Bhogle in his tweet wrote, "Virat Kohli's statement is a reflection of the bubble that most famous people either slip into or are forced into. The voices within it are frequently those that they wish to hear. It is a comfortable bubble and that is why famous people must try hard to prevent it from forming."

"That is also why contrary opinions are frowned upon. Power and fame tend to attract those people who agree with you and reinforce your opinion because they benefit from proximity to fame and power," Bhogle added.

Meanwhile, economist and senior BJP leader Subramanian Swamy, backed Kohli and said, "What is wrong if Virat Kohli tells a questioner (who tells him that he enjoys watching foreign cricketers more that Indian cricketers) that he should migrate abroad? Both have freedom of speech. But media is slamming Virat Kohli only."

Link: https://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/coa-...oversy-1944624

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasnít arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone please help me. As if I already didn't hate the CoA enough. This news makes me go crazy.

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasnít arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Someone please help me. As if I already didn't hate the CoA enough. This news makes me go crazy.
    Me too. I want to slap both supreme Court and coa members. They are good for nothing.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BaankeJi View Post
    Me too. I want to slap both supreme Court and coa members. They are good for nothing.
    Bloody imbeciles!! They day those simpletons are booted off, it'll be one of my most memorable days as an Indian cricket fan. I'm bloody fuming.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People these days have a lot of free time 😁 Especially that hypocrite, The Bubble man- Harsha Bhogle!

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything is news these days. Media, bcci, coa, courts everyone into this. Granted he has a sharp tongue. Are there not more important problems than this in India. What action can bcci take on kohli. He should openly apologise and close this issue. And keep off twitter and let pr experts handle the account.

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This will egg him on more and he will score 200s in every match now..thats the sort of player he is

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indian fans abusing Kohli for abusing a hater who called all Indian players overrated.

#Shame

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    Indian fans abusing Kohli for abusing a hater who called all Indian players overrated.

#Shame
    His exact quote is - "I don't think you should live in our country and like other things".

That's embarrassing. He deserves everything that's coming his way and more. He's a joke of an individual, an egomaniac and one of the worst captains in Indian history. Give any other captain the fast bowling attack Kaptaan King Kohli had for the SA and Eng series (the best fast bowling attack India's EVER had) against two struggling home teams to boot and they would have got India 2 overseas series wins, no questions asked.. whereas this goof led India to a record of 2-6 in the two series, that too being the No.1 Test team
    Last edited by Proactive_; 9th November 2018 at 08:53.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disgraceful comments from the captain of a national team. Its a shame that a joke of an individual like him has been chosen to lead the national cricket team of India and a coach of Kumble's has been shown the door to appease him. Simply pathetic.

@the_outsider, @Canford Cliffs
    Last edited by RainMan_; 9th November 2018 at 09:02.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smith went with an even better attack to sa and lost. So clearly smith wouldn't.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Proactive_ View Post
    His exact quote is - "I don't think you should live in our country and like other things".

That's embarrassing. He deserves everything that's coming his way and more. He's a joke of an individual, an egomaniac and one of the worst captains in Indian history. Give any other captain the fast bowling attack Kaptaan King Kohli had for the SA and Eng series (the best fast bowling attack India's EVER had) against two struggling home teams to boot and they would have got India 2 overseas series wins, no questions asked.. whereas this goof led India to a record of 2-6 in the two series, that too being the No.1 Test team
    The guy who asked the question is at fault. He could hv simply said...I think Eng/Aust batsmen are better and I like them more. Surely Kohli would not hv overreacted. But his exact question was "Overated batsman...I like Aust/Eng players more than THESE INDIANS". Kohli has all the right as a skipper to defend his players and good on him what he said.

You are a Kohli hater...everyone knows it. So you saying does not make him joke of an individual or an ego maniac. He is the most powerful man in Indian/world cricket and no one can do a thing to the King himself. You can sulk all you want in online forum though

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The guy who asked the question is at fault. He could hv simply said...I think Eng/Aust batsmen are better and I like them more. Surely Kohli would not hv overreacted. But his exact question was "Overated batsman...I like Aust/Eng players more than THESE INDIANS". Kohli has all the right as a skipper to defend his players and good on him what he said.

You are a Kohli hater...everyone knows it. So you saying does not make him joke of an individual or an ego maniac. He is the most powerful man in Indian/world cricket and no one can do a thing to the King himself. You can sulk all you want in online forum though
    You do realize that saying - "I don't think you should live in our country and like other things", in no form or fashion "defends this players", right? The guy obviously suffered a colossal burn and showed his true self in spectacular fashion. I hope he keeps getting kicks up his backside from everybody for this, especially from the BCCI.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I won't even mind it even if he has an ago. I mean, come on, we have have seen clowns and jokers with an ego. Here we have the best batsman in the world and one of the greatest batsman of all time, pretty sure people would tolerate an ego if he has one. Ponting has an enormous ego, yet people tolerated it because he was so good. In Dynamite Kohli's case, he is on his way to become a far better batsman than Kohli.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You do realize that saying - "I don't think you should live in our country and like other things", in no form or fashion "defends this players", right? The guy obviously suffered a colossal burn and showed his true self in spectacular fashion. I hope he keeps getting kicks up his backside from everybody for this, especially from the BCCI.
    If you dont like THESE INDIANS....why dont you move out and live with whom you like? Perfect response for an arrogant question...nothing wrong.

Entire BCCI cannot touch Kohli...let alone kick his backside. King orders and BCCI obeys...like how BCCI agreed to all his demands including removal of kumble.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you dont like THESE INDIANS....why dont you move out and live with whom you like? Perfect response for an arrogant question...nothing wrong.

Entire BCCI cannot touch Kohli...let alone kick his backside. King orders and BCCI obeys...like how BCCI agreed to all his demands including removal of kumble.
    Much like SRT's wish was BCCI's command all his career. 2 players whom that nimrod despises the most

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    I won't even mind it even if he has an ago. I mean, come on, we have have seen clowns and jokers with an ego. Here we have the best batsman in the world and one of the greatest batsman of all time, pretty sure people would tolerate an ego if he has one. Ponting has an enormous ego, yet people tolerated it because he was so good. In Dynamite Kohli's case, he is on his way to become a far better batsman than Kohli.
    Ponting**

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At first I thought he was joking but till the end he didn't make it clear enough. Poorly executed joke.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BCCI obeys lol. The guy has already been clowned which has forced his PR team to clarify the statement for him on Twitter He's now hiding behind the "butbutbut I was trolling guys " excuse and failing at it as well

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to see that COA is going to look into this matter. It will be really nice if they scold him for making such idiotic comments. At least still there r ppl in BCCI who can think rationally and its good to see that they aren't going to tolerate such nonsense anymore.

Who gave kohli the right to tell others to leave the country. What's wrong If someone says that he loves watching footballers like Messi more than baichung bhutia. It's totally reasonable. It clearly shows how low kohli has stooped down as a person that he now tells other Indians to leave India because they don't like his batting and consider him overrated. Wow. To top it of, this clown is also the captain of the team, wow.

The statement "Australian players will never be my friend again" was a clear indication of Kohli's maturity level. But this recent statement is on a different level altogether. Any other team would've already kicked out the captain from the team if their captain had made such low class comments. Pathetic.
    Last edited by RainMan_; 9th November 2018 at 10:54.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So no answer yet, which part of his tweet did he say he was trolling?
    Already did in Post 195.

Coming to your 2nd point, he is not getting mauled but you are right overall that he is getting criticisms from few Indians like Harsha Bhogle, Akash Chopra etc. And I think its unfortunate and only shows how Indian people can be illogical sometimes. No one bats an eye lid on the person who says he dont like THESE INDIANS but when Kohli responds...all hail breaks loose. Its pure hypocracy.
    All hell breaks loose because Kohli's reply was somehow even dumber than the tweet of the person he was responding to. Only because that guy's tweet was bad doesn't mean that you take it a notch higher and break all scales of absurdity yourself which Kohli did and is being rightly destroyed for.

Kohli is more of an Indian that you and me will ever be and he has all the right to give it back to anyone criticizes our nation. Only Kanhaiya Kumar dont have freedom of speech in India...Virat does as well.
    Talk for yourself and stop worshiping cricketers like they are paying your bills or something.

Loving it how he owned that person who asked the question. Dont like these Indian players...leave the country and stay with whom you like. EPIC

Liberals are burning like coal
    He didn't own any one. The guy who tweeted was obviously trying to get a rise out of Kohli, and Kohli gave that Twitter user exactly what he wanted and much more. Kohli is the one and only loser in this exchange.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 10th November 2018 at 11:28.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    He is a true indian.

Clothes : Dhoti, Lungi, Kurta
    Mobile : Jio
    Car : Tata Nano
    Biscuit : Parle G
    Fast Food : Patanjali Atta Noodles
    Atta : Shakti Bhog
    Perfume : Gulab and Mogra Attar

I take it all back...

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    431 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All hell breaks loose because Kohli's reply was somehow even dumber than the tweet of the person he was responding to. Only because that guy's tweet was bad doesn't mean that you take it a notch higher and break all scales of absurdity yourself which Kohli did and is being rightly destroyed for.

do you even realize that you have said similar things about Kohli and other Indian players ? Or is this your subtle way acknowledging you were wrong about Kohli ?

Sydney Bangalore Manchester Centurion Durban Jo'burg Mohali Colombo Dhaka Adelaide Kolkata

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    COA seriously need to rethink about their position and the power they have given to kohli. Time and time again he's making India and indian team a laughing stock of the whole world.

It's quite childish to ask someone to leave the contry just because he considers Smith or other Australian and English players better player than him. His false sense of pride is so deep rooted that he dares to tell others to leave the country unless he considers kohli as the best batsman. Can a statement get more idiotic and childish than this?

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Poor stuff from Kohli. Itís ok for him to drive German cars and get married in Italy but an Indian cricket fan canít praise and appreciate a foreign cricketer?

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandMaster View Post
    Poor stuff from Kohli. Itís ok for him to drive German cars and get married in Italy but an Indian cricket fan canít praise and appreciate a foreign cricketer?
    He has done one of the worst thing as a celebrity, saying something that is totally indefensible. If he was joking then his sense of humor is bad, so bad it makes him look insanely foolish, which makes it hard tk take him seriously. If he was not joking, he is a egoist nationalist who is also a hypocrite.