Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Has he banned twice or three times?

He should have been done after the second go tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    An inswinging Yorker.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well done Ross. Cricket will turn into a mess if bowlers like Hafeez aren't called out.

Hafeez clearly chucks when he wants to and then balls clean when he needs to pass tests. It's very obvious.

It's not fair on other players, even in our domestic leagues. He chucks hard to get into the side and then keeps chucking until called upon.

ICC need to take serious action and ban him from bowling once and for all. I am sick of players defaming us like this.

Ross Taylor is one of the finest cricketers out there and he was quite polite about this as well. Let's not let cricket go down the way of other sports where it's just a bunch of grown up boys playing. Keep the gentleman aspect in cricket please!

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This could well be a ploy by New Zealand. Hafeez getting banned now would seriously halt the World Cup plans Pakistan have made with Hafeez.

Clearly New Zealand see Pakistan as a genuine threat to the title and would like them to be unsettled as soon as possible

Also the 3-0 drubbing has changed the game a bit for them. They must have sat down and as these teams usually do, sulk about things and clearly they must have sulked about Hafeez’s action

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    Khan sahib, racism is a strong charge to go to and not always easy to prove. You know that players talk to umpire about playing conditions.
    easy charge. Its clearly anti pakistani racism. Why now? why against a pakistani? its the usual "oh look their crooked , im being a good samaritan and calling out these cheats"..the self righteous mentality! I see it all the time and cricket has it in abundance!!

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    easy charge. Its clearly anti pakistani racism. Why now? why against a pakistani? its the usual "oh look their crooked , im being a good samaritan and calling out these cheats"..the self righteous mentality! I see it all the time and cricket has it in abundance!!
    Agreed

Who remembers Phil Tufnells poster that he made against Pakistan? One of the worst/most offensive things I’ve seen in cricket! These New Zealander’s seem very nice as long as they are winning

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    657 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badsha View Post
    Hafeez clearly chucks when he wants to and then balls clean when he needs to pass tests. It's very obvious.
    You really have no idea how the tests are done, right?

If you're called for a particular delivery, you have to replicate that exact delivery and then you're measured.

You can't "pass" the test by bowling clean during the test, and chuck in the match.

And the delivery on which Ross was crying, it was NOT chucking.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why should'nt Ross Taylor be allowed to complain if he feels Hafeez is chucking, afterall Hafeez is proven chucker who has been found guilty of chucking many times.

Just becuase he does something which is against some Pakistani player, all of sudden he becomes a bad person.
    Last edited by jadaja; 7th November 2018 at 14:46.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jadaja View Post
    Why should'nt Ross Taylor be allowed to complain if he feels Hafeez is chucking, afterall Hafeez is proven chucker who has been found guilty of chucking many times.

Just becuase he does something which is against some Pakistani player, all of sudden he becomes a bad person.
    A professional player such as himself should have had a word with the umpire, instead of throwing a tantrum in the middle of the pitch like a child.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    657 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Tomorrow, a Pak player would cry on field against an IND spinner and accuse him of chucking.

I'm sure you'll also flock to online forums and make an issue out of it.

This is NOT how it works.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Madison, Wi ,US
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AAli98 View Post
    For gods sake get a grip - he was just stating to his batting partner that was the one that goes the other way.. victim mentality gets you nowhere!!
    Aaaaaaand whe did Hafeez started bowling the one which goes otherway?

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chokli View Post
    A professional player such as himself should have had a word with the umpire, instead of throwing a tantrum in the middle of the pitch like a child.
    A professional player shouldn't be caught chucking twice. That makes the bowler a proven cheat if he continues even after being caught and suspended.

People seem to be forgetting Hafeez has been caught and banned TWICE already.

He served a 1 year ban IIRC, and if you go by most posts in match threads by Pakistani fans, he does go back to chucking the odd ball here and there.
    Last edited by Aman; 7th November 2018 at 14:55.

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The way Sarfraz went up to the umpire and defended Hafeez and also the next couple overs acted in a cold manner towards Taylor behind the stumps earned me a large amount of respect for Sarfraz.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    You can't "pass" the test by bowling clean during the test, and chuck in the match.
    That’s exactly how you pass the test. That’s why hafeez has passed this test three times and then got called for chucking in the game because he resorted to chucking

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Madison, Wi ,US
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there are 3 umpired and match refree to call they are not suppose to ask umpire in this way.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He didn't throw any tantrum, he just gestured what he felt, he should have right to do it. He did not protest or do anything which was wrong.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    He didn't throw any tantrum, he just gestured what he felt, he should have right to do it. He did not protest or do anything which was wrong.
    I get it if it was a bowler with no history, but if it's a bowler who has been caught multiple times already and is blatantly doing it anyway (not that I saw the incident and can say it was), I would be mad too.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Singapore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If Taylor felt Hafeez was chucking he should have mentioned it to the umpire and later the coach could have reported their reservations to the match referee. Making those actions and his behaviour on the field was wrong no matter if Hafeez was chucking or not. As I have not watched this match I can't really comment on Hafeez actually chucking in this match.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So if a batsman is plumb LBW should the bowler raise his finger to the umpire indicating that the batsman is out?

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    I believe Hafeez had been caught 3 times before, but I think (what I see if is the case, not watching live) Ross's approach was wrong - here he tried to bring media attention more than umpires.

Players can definitely complain on bowling action, field placement, NO ball (if umpire isn't calling the obvious ones), wide ball, height of the ball ..... sledging or ball tempering issues - BUT that should be in personal space - 1 on 1 (or 2 on 2 with both his partner & leg umpire, or may be even in presence of fielding Captain). Here I shouldn't say about Hafeez's action as I haven't seen him bowling today, but MoHa had been caught 3 times before and he has done the same thing time and again - pass the test with one action, then cheat in game when going gets tough ...... these are known facts to most players, Umpires (though none will tell it open), so Ross shouldn't have much trouble to raise his point in a close premises. Playing for gallery isn't a good taste.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    A professional player shouldn't be caught chucking twice. That makes the bowler a proven cheat if he continues even after being caught and suspended.

People seem to be forgetting Hafeez has been caught and banned TWICE already.

He served a 1 year ban IIRC, and if you go by most posts in match threads by Pakistani fans, he does go back to chucking the odd ball here and there.
    It doesn't give Taylor the license to act unprofessionally as if it was a street cricket game.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tomorrow, a Pak player would cry on field against an IND spinner and accuse him of chucking.

Any player has right to complain if he feels something wrong is going on, it has got nothing to do with nationality of the player. If Indian player is called out for chucking by another player, no Indian fan has any right to abuse that foreign player.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    I believe Hafeez had been caught 3 times before, but I think (what I see if is the case, not watching live) Ross's approach was wrong - here he tried to bring media attention more than umpires.

Players can definitely complain on bowling action, field placement, NO ball (if umpire isn't calling the obvious ones), wide ball, height of the ball ..... sledging or ball tempering issues - BUT that should be in personal space - 1 on 1 (or 2 on 2 with both his partner & leg umpire, or may be even in presence of fielding Captain). Here I shouldn't say about Hafeez's action as I haven't seen him bowling today, but MoHa had been caught 3 times before and he has done the same thing time and again - pass the test with one action, then cheat in game when going gets tough ...... these are known facts to most players, Umpires (though none will tell it open), so Ross shouldn't have much trouble to raise his point in a close premises. Playing for gallery isn't a good taste.
    THREE TIMES?

How is he still allowed to bowl............ if he hasn't changed after that, he never will and will continue to chuck to gain an advantage.
    Last edited by Aman; 7th November 2018 at 15:01.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Lol no.

I'm against chucking. Probably the strictest. Ajmal was a thrower I agree.

But Hafeez cleared his action, bowling with his new action that's perfectly fine. Watch the video above.
    I saw the video, it doesn’t show his full arm before the delivery he bowled. It only shows his forearm onwards and there’s enough there for all sides to make a claim: for those supporting hafeez in this case they would be justified In saying there’s nothing there. For those who think he is chucking, the see a sudden jerk right before delivery (but can’t if he straightens his arm)

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So if a batsman is plumb LBW should the bowler raise his finger to the umpire indicating that the batsman is out?
    Don't they do it already .

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get it if it was a bowler with no history, but if it's a bowler who has been caught multiple times already and is blatantly doing it anyway (not that I saw the incident and can say it was), I would be mad too.
    Exactly ,if he was doing against a player who has never been questioned, I can understand to some extent the anger. But Hafeez is a known chucker and Ross Taylor has a career too.

If Chuckers are allowed to ruin other players careers then they should have right to question them too.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't they do it already .
    Yup and then they get fined which I hope happens to Taylor.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    I hope Hafeez is called so he can either 1) prove himself a clean bowler and take that label off him or 2) be caught and banned from bowling for good.

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As per the rules, Taylor should be in trouble.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1721 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Like I said a planned move to bring Hafeez to attention of ICC guys... So NZ not too far from their Aussie cousins - maybe they also need to change their culture.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Like I said a planned move to bring Hafeez to attention of ICC guys... So NZ not too far from their Aussie cousins - maybe they also need to change their culture.
    Exactly

They are trying to derail Pakistan’s World Cup strategy.

Hafeez being out of the picture/ “dropped” by PCB was all a hoax, they were delaying his return as close as they could to the World Cup and so Hafeez can not be banned before the tournament

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If this leads to Hafeez getting called and banned, then fair play to Taylor for getting rid of a serial cheat/chucker.

If it's proven his action is clean, Taylor owes Hafeez an apology.
    Like I said. Take it up with the match referee after the innings or after the game. No need to make a mockery out of the game. Taylor has a history of wanting special treatment from people in the game and when he doesn't then he throws tantrums. Even one of your greatest captains doesn't respect Taylor's history of antics.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Exactly

Hafeez being out of the picture/ “dropped” by PCB was all a hoax, they were delaying his return as close as they could to the World Cup and so Hafeez can not be banned before the tournament
    Have you faced a butta bowler before? It's fine if they don't know how to bowl and bowl that way, but if they're bowling a lot faster and it's hard to pick up, it's annoying and you usually complain about it. Now imagine an international batsmen having to put up with a chucker at the highest level. It would be frustrating to see a bowler like that at that level picking up wickets.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    If this leads to Hafeez getting called and banned, then fair play to Taylor for getting rid of a serial cheat/chucker.

If it's proven his action is clean, Taylor owes Hafeez an apology.
    tell me something is Taylor a biomechanics expert? has he assessed actions in the past? Was he umpiring in this match? if the answer to these questions is no, what right does he have to question another professional?

this is racist bullying and discrimination. In any other workplace I would have submitted a grievance and wiped that smug look off his face!!

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    An inswinging Yorker.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You really have no idea how the tests are done, right?

If you're called for a particular delivery, you have to replicate that exact delivery and then you're measured.

And the delivery on which Ross was crying, it was NOT chucking.

I've seen Hafeez bowl live in Pakistan multiple times. In domestic cricket he chucks a lot to up his average.

He again changed his action when he was called. Stop supporting a cheat. There are many ways to beat the so called ICC tests.

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope Hafeez is called so he can either 1) prove himself a clean bowler and take that label off him or 2) be caught and banned from bowling for good.
    Did you start watching cricket today?

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    tell me something is Taylor a biomechanics expert? has he assessed actions in the past? Was he umpiring in this match? if the answer to these questions is no, what right does he have to question another professional?

this is racist bullying and discrimination. In any other workplace I would have submitted a grievance and wiped that smug look off his face!!
    The biomechanic tests have found Hafeez to be chucking 2-3 times.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Exactly

The NZ players are realistic, they probably know it will be a challenge to make the Semis with the weak middle order. Weakening Pakistan slightly wont make much difference, and may in fact only strengthen them.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    pre-meditated - and planned by Kiwis to put Hafeez off. If anything this should be investigated
    I don't know whether it was pre-meditated or not, but the deliveries were certainly legitimate and he shouldn't have been doing that either, instead should have left it to the authorities to handle and make judgements.

Really poor by Taylor.

I can't think of anything else but this machine. I sell here, Sir, what all the world desires to have - POWER

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    As per the rules, Taylor should be in trouble.
    As per what rules?

Which rule has he broken?

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The biomechanic tests have found Hafeez to be chucking 2-3 times.
    and he has been cleared as many times. So whats your point? and answer my question. Is Taylor a biomechanics expert? does he have the right to harass another professional?

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lot of posters are showing uneccassary victim mentality here.There is no conspiracy going on to keep Hafeez out of world cup or hurt Pakistan's world cup chances. People need to smell coffee and see the reality.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Agreed

Who remembers Phil Tufnells poster that he made against Pakistan? One of the worst/most offensive things I’ve seen in cricket! These New Zealander’s seem very nice as long as they are winning
    Except that P Tufnell is English, not Kiwi.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Taylor shouldn't be making these gestures but this proven chucker and cheat should not be allowed to stain our country any further. His T20 performances have earned him another year in the team.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Except that P Tufnell is English, not Kiwi.
    Wrong name. Daryl Tuffey

I’ll edit the original post

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hafeez is a repeat offender when it comes to chucking, so I wonder how did ICC permit him to bowl again. He could still go back to his old ways and start to cheat the game. Doesn't he feel anything when he gets batsmen out with these tactics, after he has shown the ability to bowl with clean action too.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good on Taylor for pointing it out, have no issues whatsoever with such gamesmanship. Hafeez is a serial offender.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Was poor from Taylor. Umpires handled it well, hopefully Taylor gets fined heavily wuth a few demeri points.

Batsmen have no right to do what Taylor did. Imagine others start to do the same and start complaining about bowlers action, ball tampering..there's no end to this and go totally out of control.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I don't think Taylor should have done this.

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    657 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketindiafan View Post
    Was poor from Taylor. Umpires handled it well, hopefully Taylor gets fined heavily wuth a few demeri points.

Batsmen have no right to do what Taylor did. Imagine others start to do the same and start complaining about bowlers action, ball tampering..there's no end to this and go totally out of control.
    Sensible comment.

People are seeing this incident in isolation.

If it's allowed, it'll become a tamasha lool. Anyone feeling threatened by a bowler will start crying on field.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    NB, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanigoneaussie View Post
    I dont blame Taylor at all. People need to have perspective here

The situation with Professor is a farce. Blame here goes more on the ICC who keep letting him back, but the professor also starts chucking whwen he needs a performance.

Before people starting accusing Ross Taylor, look at his career first. This is as clean as a player that exists in cricket. He is way too polite if anything. Its not like David Warner is cussing professor right now.

Plus look without your own eyes at how Professor is boowling

In regards to Sarfraz, he has to defend his player so no issues there

the issue is that professor is allowed to bowl in the first place
    Only sensible post here. Rest are from nationalistic, deluded and overly patriotic Pakistani fans.

Hafeez is obviously chucking if you look closely, he has a history of going back to chucking after being banned for goodness sake, if that is not enough then what is?

As Pakistani cricket fans do we really want to make ourselves look bad by supporting cheaters? Our image already took a dump after 2010 fixers, and bowling a few no balls is not even that harmful compared to having a massive advantage against batsmen and winning games unfairly.

Ajmal, Hafeez, Harbhajan, Narine are blots to this game, and many others who have chucked in the past, they should not be rated alongside legends like Warne.

Even Murali looks suspicious, whatever defect he had other teams did not have a special spin bowler like him with a defect, so Sri Lanka had an advantage whenever he played.

Game should be played fairly, there should be no unfair advantage, it is truly absurd if you 'fans' choose to support these chuckers just for the sake of winning. I would rather lose with clean bowlers than win with chuckers.

Babar Azam: Runs 8032, Average 44, Top Score: 204, Fav fan: CricFan2012

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    NB, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Good leadership by Sarfraz. He rightly went to the umpire.

Whether Hafeez is chucking or not, a player should report it to the match referee, not gesture towards the umpire.

Also, there are other stake holders who are keeping an eye on the bowler.

The behavior by Ross Taylor was unethical.
    Hafeez' chucking is unethical.

Can't have it both ways mate.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and he has been cleared as many times. So whats your point? and answer my question. Is Taylor a biomechanics expert? does he have the right to harass another professional?
    And this serial cheat has every right to gain an unfair advantage ;is that the definition of professionalism in Pakistan.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1721 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Taylor has no business talking to umpire.

The NZ management can lodge a complaint if they want but these onfield antics are not on and hopefully he will be punished by the ICC with a fine.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricfan2012 View Post
    only sensible post here. Rest are from nationalistic, deluded and overly patriotic pakistani fans.

Hafeez is obviously chucking if you look closely, he has a history of going back to chucking after being banned for goodness sake, if that is not enough then what is?

As pakistani cricket fans do we really want to make ourselves look bad by supporting cheaters? Our image already took a dump after 2010 fixers, and bowling a few no balls is not even that harmful compared to having a massive advantage against batsmen and winning games unfairly.

Ajmal, hafeez, harbhajan, narine are blots to this game, and many others who have chucked in the past, they should not be rated alongside legends like warne.

Even murali looks suspicious, whatever defect he had other teams did not have a special spin bowler like him with a defect, so sri lanka had an advantage whenever he played.

Game should be played fairly, there should be no unfair advantage, it is truly absurd if you 'fans' choose to support these chuckers just for the sake of winning. I would rather lose with clean bowlers than win with chuckers.
    potw

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    NB, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A likely scenario is that the Kiwi's have already scrutinized and analyzed Hafeez' bowling action during the T20 series and have been scratching their heads wondering why he has not been reported yet. (ICC has a history of being spineless and being lenient on chuckers)

Looks like Ross Taylor tried to bring it to the umpire or publics eye so ICC can step up for once.
    Last edited by CricFan2012; 7th November 2018 at 16:59. Reason: typo

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should have just told umpires instead of making gestures and inviting media attention.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1721 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Should have just told umpires instead of making gestures and inviting media attention.
    It was a deliberate ploy by the team to unsettle Hafeez. Well thought out and well planned. The ball that Hafeez bowled was a fair as it gets.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by omairawan View Post
    The way Sarfraz went up to the umpire and defended Hafeez and also the next couple overs acted in a cold manner towards Taylor behind the stumps earned me a large amount of respect for Sarfraz.
    supporting the corrupt is commendable? then dont turn against PML-N and PPP supporters when they support Sharif family and Asif Zardari

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pathetic from Taylor, he's coming to the end of his career so seems to be getting desperate.

You can't tell from the naked eye if someone is chucking.

Kiwis turning out to be like their Aussie neighbours.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    See Imad Wasim complained to the umpire about just four fielders in the ring, umpire had missed it earleir, gives it a no ball. Free hit , six.

Imagine a crucial WC match having an incident like this. Could be such a huge controversy. Which is why I said batsmen should not start doing the job of umpires.

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Pathetic from Taylor, he's coming to the end of his career so seems to be getting desperate.

You can't tell from the naked eye if someone is chucking.

Kiwis turning out to be like their Aussie neighbours.
    Taylor averaged 80 in tests last year, 60 in ODIs last year, and 80 in ODIs this year. He is doing very well, so not sure what desperation you're talking about.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sachin136 View Post
    Taylor averaged 80 in tests last year, 60 in ODIs last year, and 80 in ODIs this year. He is doing very well, so not sure what desperation you're talking about.
    He's still nearing the end of his career.

Either way you dont openly accuse anyone of cheating.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we are a horrible ODI team, NZ doesn't have to get hafeez banned for them to beat us comprehensively

Greatness is a choice. Mediocrity is a disease.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Gamesmanship from Taylor and quite sly.

It's like trying to get an opponent sent off in football.

Pretty cheap tactics.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    An inswinging Yorker.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Taylor has no business talking to umpire.

The NZ management can lodge a complaint if they want but these onfield antics are not on and hopefully he will be punished by the ICC with a fine.

A blower is blatantly cheating. After that, Hafeez changed his action so it was good to put him in check

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't blame Ross
    Blame selectors who keep picking this chucker again and again.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    557 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricFan2012 View Post
    Hafeez' chucking is unethical.

Can't have it both ways mate.
    bro if hes chucking, then report it to match referee after the innings or game.

no one could prove with naked eye on field if he is chuking.

It is very unethical, because if hafeez isn't chucking, then ross taylor is calling him a cheat. Thus, good stuff from Sarfraz to stand up for his player in this situation

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a disgrace Pakistan is allowing a cheater to still play, but that's to be expected.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Hope Pakistan uses the incident as anger and fuel to get back in the series

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Venue
    Pune Maharashtra
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

And tomorrow if any Pakistani batsmen do the same against any Indian bowler you will call him courageous saying as a batsman he has every right to do so

Your opinion on yhe matter is depend on which side of the fence you are.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why would NZ try and derail a team like Pakistans WC? They already are smashing them without even trying.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mirza105 View Post
    And this serial cheat has every right to gain an unfair advantage ;is that the definition of professionalism in Pakistan.
    Hafeez isnt cheating. Before this bakwaas rule came in his action looked perfectly fine to the naked eye and he doesnt turn the ball prodigiously either. He was called by an Indian in an Indian league and we know they did that on purpose. Once that happened he has been overtly scrutinised to the point where this is now discrimination. Why is he being treated differently than other players? No other player is scrutinised as much as he is. Why?

you know most of you wippersnappers are probably still in college or just getting out of school so have no idea how things work in the work place. When it happens to you you'll find out. When your manager starts discriminating against you or picking on you, start a thread on here and watch me laugh at you for a bit.

This is now a case of discrimination against Hafeez and I hope Taylor is disciplined for it. Nasty pieces of work these kiwis..

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    May be Ross Taylor was right about Hafeez chucking but he should have informed the umpire personally rather than making gestures and derailing the bowler's confidence in the middle of the match.

He should not have acted like a umpire there. It is like taking law into your own hands. One other incident that comes to mind is of Ricky Ponting raising his finger like an umpire and giving an Indian batsman out in 2008 Sydney test(?). I am sure my fellow indian fans who are supporting Ross Taylor now didn't utter a single word against Ponting?

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1721 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba Red View Post
    Why would NZ try and derail a team like Pakistans WC? They already are smashing them without even trying.
    And you are talking like Ross Taylor.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Any updates? Was Hafeez officially reported? Is Taylor charged?

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba Red View Post
    England smashed Pakistan all over in UAE and England before the champions Trophy.

Pakistan and West Indies are two teams who can really turn up on serious ICC matches. If I’m correct, New Zealand has never beaten Pakistan in a World Cup semi final. New Zealand carelessly lost to Bangladesh last year in the CT.

A one off ICC match as compared to a series of pointless ODIs are two very different propositions

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    I believe the match referee has spoken with the New Zealand team management. No official warning or sanction for Taylor yet........

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    England smashed Pakistan all over in UAE and England before the champions Trophy.

Pakistan and West Indies are two teams who can really turn up on serious ICC matches. If I’m correct, New Zealand has never beaten Pakistan in a World Cup semi final. New Zealand carelessly lost to Bangladesh last year in the CT.

A one off ICC match as compared to a series of pointless ODIs are two very different propositions
    Exactly, Pakistan do well in those one-off matches.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    921 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    While I agree with Sarfraz's decision to stand up for his team and fulfill his role as specialist captain to its max, I still don't think Taylor did much wrong.

Why should a batsman have to put up with a bowler bending the rules, a bowler who is one of the few to have been banned not once but TWICE. Nothing wrong with what he did, IF he really was signalling to Hafeez's well known chucking.

Not to mention every big cricket page is putting Hafeez under scrutiny again for his dubious action.'

Ban him and get it over with rather than banning him on the eve of the WC.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    921 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sachin136 View Post
    Lmao, yes he is desperate to derail Champions Pakistan from lifting the WC again. He'll go to any lengths to make sure it doesn't happen