Sarfaraz Ahmed at a presser:

"NZ is a very competitive team, they gave us a tough time in T20Is too. They have an experienced ODI team and their bowling attack is very good and they hurt us today"

"I discussed previously that we need to give a good start to the innings. This is a worrying sign and we will sit down and talk to the boys, if we didn't lose early wickets then the result could have been different"

"The pitch was good and the target was achievable. We were in a good position with them at 208/7, if we restricted them to 240 then it could have been even better"

"The three wickets at the top hurt us, it's difficult to come back from that. We came back well in the middle but had some soft dismissals. If we had wickets in hand, we could have possibly chased it"

"Hafeez bhai has batted well in T20Is and usually bats at 3 or 4, you should play your main players at their correct positions"

"FZ was carrying an injury but now he is fully fit. Sometimes it happens that a player loses form, he has performed well in the past and I am hopeful that he will perform well again in the near future"

"Ross Taylor's action was wrong, it's not his job to do that. The way he motioned the action on TV was disgraceful. I don't think that's his job, his job is to bat. It's better if he focuses on his batting"

"The way they reacted 2-3 times was completely wrong, they are professional cricketers and they should take care of such things. If there is a problem they shouldn't make signals on the TV screen, they can speak to the umpires"

"There is no problem with Hafeez bhai's action, his action is completely clear and I think they were trying to create an issue for no reason"

"The middle-order is fine, the problem we have is with the top order and we need to work on that. If wickets fall quickly and the middle order has to face the new ball, it's difficult. In Dubai, it's not easy to bat under lights. Against such top quality bowling, it's tough to survive"