Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

"Ross Taylor's action was disgraceful, it's better if he focuses on his batting" : Sarfaraz Ahmed

Sarfaraz Ahmed at a presser:

"NZ is a very competitive team, they gave us a tough time in T20Is too. They have an experienced ODI team and their bowling attack is very good and they hurt us today"

"I discussed previously that we need to give a good start to the innings. This is a worrying sign and we will sit down and talk to the boys, if we didn't lose early wickets then the result could have been different"

"The pitch was good and the target was achievable. We were in a good position with them at 208/7, if we restricted them to 240 then it could have been even better"

"The three wickets at the top hurt us, it's difficult to come back from that. We came back well in the middle but had some soft dismissals. If we had wickets in hand, we could have possibly chased it"

"Hafeez bhai has batted well in T20Is and usually bats at 3 or 4, you should play your main players at their correct positions"

"FZ was carrying an injury but now he is fully fit. Sometimes it happens that a player loses form, he has performed well in the past and I am hopeful that he will perform well again in the near future"

"Ross Taylor's action was wrong, it's not his job to do that. The way he motioned the action on TV was disgraceful. I don't think that's his job, his job is to bat. It's better if he focuses on his batting"

"The way they reacted 2-3 times was completely wrong, they are professional cricketers and they should take care of such things. If there is a problem they shouldn't make signals on the TV screen, they can speak to the umpires"

"There is no problem with Hafeez bhai's action, his action is completely clear and I think they were trying to create an issue for no reason"

"The middle-order is fine, the problem we have is with the top order and we need to work on that. If wickets fall quickly and the middle order has to face the new ball, it's difficult. In Dubai, it's not easy to bat under lights. Against such top quality bowling, it's tough to survive"

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    SW Uk
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's hope all facets of the game doesn't get called for chucking, just out of interest why didn't hafeez ball his full quota

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Its better for Pakistan if Hafeez gets called for chucking one month before the world cup rather than now

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sarfraz is right, who does Taylor think he is that he can spot with a naked eye whether an action is within 15 degrees or not?

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Bury
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I’m amazed that more isn’t made of this. It was absolutely disgusting of Taylor to do what he did. It’s not his job to call and clearly it was a premeditated attempt to put hafeez of his bowling. Unfortunately hafeez hurt his finger and couldn’t continue but he was bowling beautifully up to that point.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abid Z View Post
    I’m amazed that more isn’t made of this. It was absolutely disgusting of Taylor to do what he did. It’s not his job to call and clearly it was a premeditated attempt to put hafeez of his bowling. Unfortunately hafeez hurt his finger and couldn’t continue but he was bowling beautifully up to that point.
    Agree. Trying to end a guys career in the middle of a match, when you really have no clue yourself if you are right or wrong, is very wrong.

If Taylor is really so worried, have a quiet word to the umpire after the game- or between overs so they can then quietly assess themselves.

It's not the players job to umpire or cause a scene. He must have known the effect it would have, a complete kick in the guts to Hafeez. NZ not playing nice cricket! Maybe they need a new team mantra...

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great to see the captain stand up for his players and put the opposition in its place. Such actions shouldn't go unnoticed and I am so glad Sarfraz called it like it is!

I hope people don't use our performance in the game as an excuse to take a dig at Sarfraz on this matter. He's spot on in telling Taylor to butt-out!

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disgraceful behaviour, it is the job of the umpires to call a bowler, or not if they decide to. The players have to get on with their match.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate Ross Taylor now. Lost a lot of respect for him. It's not his job to look if people are chucking. That's for the umpires to do. I can imagine he may be getting some abuse on social media now.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abid Z View Post
    Yea, Very disappointing from Taylor, he usually stays away from controversy.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Edmonton-Lahore Canada-Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Didn't see this but just hearing this is getting making me lose it. Like who does Taylor thing he is to be calling someone's action. There should certainly be repercussions.

IN PAKISTAN LIES OUR DELIVERANCE,DEFENCE, AND HONOUR.
    -Muhammad Ali Jinnah

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Sarfraz is right.

Calling him out on the field of play is unnecessary.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If he had problem, he should have had few words with umpire without letting anyone else know. Batsman is not an umpire and Sarfraz is right here.

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Sarfaraz is right.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    NB, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If I was in Taylor's shoes then I would have discussed with the umpire, but these are the same umpires and ICC that took years to finally start their crackdown on chuckers after many doosras and wickets and matches were won by cheats like Ajmal.

Showmanship to get the public and ICC's eye.

I don't know if Sarfraz and the rest of the PCT actually accept Hafeez' chucking services or not, I am hoping they're oblivious and just supporting their team mate with a victims mentality, I'd rather be ignorant of this fact because if I knew that they were happily accepting cheating to win matches then I would not support this team.

Play fair.

Babar Azam: Runs 8032, Average 44, Top Score: 204, Fav fan: CricFan2012

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Sarfraz is right, Taylor should focus on his batting. If the umpire feels Hafeez is chucking, then he'll report him.

“It is not defeat that destroys you, it is being demoralized by defeat that destroys you.”
    ― Imran Khan

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricFan2012 View Post
    If I was in Taylor's shoes then I would have discussed with the umpire, but these are the same umpires and ICC that took years to finally start their crackdown on chuckers after many doosras and wickets and matches were won by cheats like Ajmal.

Showmanship to get the public and ICC's eye.

I don't know if Sarfraz and the rest of the PCT actually accept Hafeez' chucking services or not, I am hoping they're oblivious and just supporting their team mate with a victims mentality, I'd rather be ignorant of this fact because if I knew that they were happily accepting cheating to win matches then I would not support this team.

Play fair.
    Don't support them. You're not obligated to support this team. They're not playing to earn your support.

You've clearly decided that you will only support a team that consciously prevents any opportunity of them gaining an advantage over their opponents. Good luck finding that team.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Has Hafeez been reported? This would be his 4th time wouldn't it?

I imagine if it were a player other than a Pakistani in this situation, the reaction would be a lot different.
    Last edited by Aman; 8th November 2018 at 00:42.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hussain.r97 View Post
    Sarfraz is right, Taylor should focus on his batting. If the umpire feels Hafeez is chucking, then he'll report him.
    He's been caught 3 times, enough times to figure out that he's not going to stop it.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Lol, if you have good batsmen, why get scared of chucking?

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Have you faced a butta bowler before?

This shouldn't be accepted at the international level, especially someone who has been caught and penalized multiple times. If he's found to be chucking for the third time, he should be banned from bowling at the international level and suspended for 6 months. Its flat out cheating.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    He's been caught 3 times, enough times to figure out that he's not going to stop it.
    Whatever the case, it's not Taylor's job to call Hafeez out like that. If Hafeez has been called out for chucking 3 times, then he'll be called out again if he chucks.

If he was really bothered, he could have privately had a word with the umpire.
    Last edited by hussain.r97; 8th November 2018 at 01:01.

“It is not defeat that destroys you, it is being demoralized by defeat that destroys you.”
    ― Imran Khan

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Whatever the case, it's not Taylor's job to call Hafeez out like that. If Hafeez has been called out for chucking 3 times, then he'll be called out again if he chucks.
    Caught three times yet he's still bowling in internationals.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What did Ross Taylor do?

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    What did Ross Taylor do?
    He made a gesture to his batting partner and the umpire to indicate that Hafeez is chucking.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How many times has Hafeez been called for chucking?

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Well poor from Ross Taylor. It is not the players responsibility to point out these things.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tbh I have never found hafeez's action controversial on tv. May be batsmen see things differently but to me Harbhajan was a much bigger elbow Flexer than Hafeez.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    US
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good response by Sarfaraz, backing his teammate. Ross was disgraceful.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1719 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    What if all teams start to do that? What is the point of the ICC or umpires? We cannot have a free for all just because a batsman feels that way.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    782 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    There will always be one person in every NZ thread defending what crap the Kiwis dish on the field.

If we somehow do manage to win this series, I would take the distinct pleasure of rubbing it in!

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Caught three times yet he's still bowling in internationals.
    That's another topic, repeat offenders should definitely face a more severe punishment. However, what we're talking about here is what Ross Taylor did. Again, his job is to score runs for New Zealand not point out chuckers, especially not the way he did. Leave that to the umpires, it's their job.

― Imran Khan

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    What if all teams start to do that? What is the point of the ICC or umpires? We cannot have a free for all just because a batsman feels that way.
    Exactly, some posters seem to forget that rules are rules, no exceptions.

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And Hafeez is the one following the rules, Right ?

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1719 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    So New Zealand clearly disowning Taylor's remarks

This is Trent Boult's reply:

So trent boult was asked about any discussion on hafeez action

He replied

About his bowling?

Today?

Not that I know of, not really watching and then obviously I had a job to do with the ball

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he was really bothered, he could have privately had a word with the umpire.
    He is not allowed to Bowl doosra and he was trying it here, so what was Ross Taylor supposed to do ?

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leg-side-flick View Post
    He is not allowed to Bowl doosra and he was trying it here, so what was Ross Taylor supposed to do ?
    Hafeez Cant bowl Doosra, he never did. Ross Taylor was simply trying to Disturb His focus and Put him under pressure. Hafeez is only a Part time bowler, but main goal was not to just disturb his bowling but Also his batting. A tactical sledge but a very under handed trick by Ross Taylor.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What happened? Any video?

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Talk to the umpire, there was absolutely no need to start gesturing.

― Imran Khan

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainul View Post
    What happened? Any video?

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Wait, the man has been caught and punished 3 or 4 times already?

Why on earth is he still allowed to bowl???? He should have been suspended from all international cricket after the 2nd and 3rd offense.

It's blatant cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    People are portraying Ross Taylor as the villain for pointing out a cheat who Pakistani fans themselves say in threads is chucking.

I'm glad Taylor has brought attention to it so the iCC actually deal with it.

Kind of like Ashwin when he remodelled his action and basically said he was going to copy Narine's action and chuck because the ICC were letting spinners get away with it. This led to the crackdown.
    Last edited by Aman; 8th November 2018 at 08:28.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedwaqas92 View Post
    There will always be one person in every NZ thread defending what crap the Kiwis dish on the field.

If we somehow do manage to win this series, I would take the distinct pleasure of rubbing it in!
    You're defending someone who has been banned by the ICC 3-4 times for chucking.

This is professional cricket, this kind of stuff has no right to belong at this level.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Thanks. That's a stupid act from Ross. He has no right to do that.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1719 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    People are portraying Ross Taylor as the villain for pointing out a cheat who Pakistani fans themselves say in threads is chucking.

Kind of like Ashwin when he remodelled his action and basically said he was going to copy Narine's action and chuck because the ICC were letting spinners get away with it. This led to the crackdown.
    Remember that Taylor was trying to make a generic point and could not have been referring to the ball he bowled to him

If so, this was done deliberately to put Pakistan off.

Also see Trent Boult's answer how he simply skirted the question in a very well rehearsed manner.

This is dirty stuff

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bhai if he gets out on doosra what is he supposed to do ?

I don't get what's wrong here, he told the umpire that Hafeez is bowling doosra, what else can he do.

Let me also add I don't think Taylor is a saint but what are batsman supposed to do if they think bowlers are doing illegal stuff and it can cost them their wicket ?

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no sympathy for Hafeez or Pakistan because everyone knows what's going on. The management and captain have allowed him to chuck selectively when he isn't getting the same returns with the clean action. Ross Taylor has every right to feel aggrieved because it is premediated cheating.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    OZtRaLeYah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was watching Hafeez bowl, my goodness, some of those deliveries look like blant chucks..... My 2 cents; Ross Taylor shouldn't have done what he did in the middle of the match, should have done it after the game speaking to the Media....

"Everything else seems so superfluous." ~ Albert Einstein on the Bhagavad-Gita

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    375 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Have you faced a butta bowler before?
    I think Pakistan have faced Kyle Mills before?

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Romali_rotti View Post
    Was watching Hafeez bowl, my goodness, some of those deliveries look like blant chucks..... My 2 cents; Ross Taylor shouldn't have done what he did in the middle of the match, should have done it after the game speaking to the Media....
    Exactly this, the gesturing was not needed.

― Imran Khan

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disgraceful from Ross Taylor. Disrespectful to bowler and umpires. He's basically challenging the umpires and saying you are allowing cheating to go ahead. Ban should be forthcoming.

What's next? Batsmen inspecting the ball and claim ball tampering?

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    I have no sympathy for Hafeez or Pakistan because everyone knows what's going on. The management and captain have allowed him to chuck selectively when he isn't getting the same returns with the clean action. Ross Taylor has every right to feel aggrieved because it is premediated cheating.
    How do you know this. This is a unsubstantiated accusation. Again with the unconscious bias. "the evil conniving Pakistanis who probably sit in a circle and plan how they will cheat the good non pakistani cricketers out there". What utter nonsense.

some people really dont know what their talking about.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Bhai if he gets out on doosra what is he supposed to do ?

I don't get what's wrong here, he told the umpire that Hafeez is bowling doosra, what else can he do.

Let me also add I don't think Taylor is a saint but what are batsman supposed to do if they think bowlers are doing illegal stuff and it can cost them their wicket ?
    he can keep his mouth shut and take it up with his team management. Not make stupid gestures on the pitch trying to get a fellow professional into trouble. This episode once again shows the inherent anti pakistan bias present in many teams.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    he can keep his mouth shut and take it up with his team management. Not make stupid gestures on the pitch trying to get a fellow professional into trouble. This episode once again shows the inherent anti pakistan bias present in many teams.
    It's not inherent bias..... it's inherent belief that they can do what they like and get away with it. Sarfraz or hafeez should have verbally assaulted him on the field as a minimum.

Ross Taylor wouldn't be pulling off this stunt against India because he knows there would be ramifications for him, his team and his board.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If somebody throws a chuck ball at me, I'm going to call him out on it. As should Ross. All it takes is one crooked delivery to ruin a batsman's innings, his career and then subsequently get dropped.

John 3:16

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomaskutty View Post
    If somebody throws a chuck ball at me, I'm going to call him out on it. As should Ross. All it takes is one crooked delivery to ruin a batsman's innings, his career and then subsequently get dropped.
    You are assuming the umpires are not watching the game.

At your recreation level, you probably don't have umpires officiating.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomaskutty View Post
    Is he an expert in biomechanics? is it his dads game and does he invent the rules?

this isnt gully mohalla cricket where you can shout at the bowler. Strange that he never did the gesture when facing harbajan singh..

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ross Taylor is essentially showing dissent to the umpires and implying you are allowing cheating to go ahead. That is a serious offence. The only person that needs to be dealt with is Ross Taylor.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    How do you know this. This is a unsubstantiated accusation. Again with the unconscious bias. "the evil conniving Pakistanis who probably sit in a circle and plan how they will cheat the good non pakistani cricketers out there". What utter nonsense.

some people really dont know what their talking about.
    The same was said when Ajmal was accused of chucking before he got banned (prior to the 2015 WC). Everyone knows he was a serial cheat as well with those long sleeves.

Hafeez has been called 3 - 4 times because he resorts to chucking when his clean action isn't doing him any favours, if that isn't cheating then I don't know what it is. It's about time ICC bans bowlers for repeated chucking offences over a short period of time to deter spinners with such intentions. Hafeez is playing the system and everyone knows it.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The same was said when Ajmal was accused of chucking before he got banned (prior to the 2015 WC). Everyone knows he was a serial cheat as well with those long sleeves.

Hafeez has been called 3 - 4 times because he resorts to chucking when his clean action isn't doing him any favours, if that isn't cheating then I don't know what it is. It's about time ICC bans bowlers for repeated chucking offences over a short period of time to deter spinners with such intentions. Hafeez is playing the system and everyone knows it.
    You are advocating "sport vigilantism'.
    It's ICC and umpires job, not Ross Taylor.

When smith and co come back, would be ok for the batsman to get hold of the ball and if they perceive scuffing, start accusing smith and co of ball tampering and start remonstrating?

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post

When smith and co come back, would be ok for the batsman to get hold of the ball and if they perceive scuffing, start accusing smith and co of ball tampering and start remonstrating?
    The thing it isn't about perceiving or reckoning it's about seeing. Ross Taylor faced those balls and knew he was chucking. I've seen it myself and you don't have to be an expert to know Hafeez was blatantly chucking after having watched his bowling since his debut in 2003. Other posters are also in agreement which shows how obvious it was.

If I the SA batsmen saw Bancroft in the act of using sandpaper, are you telling me they should stay quiet and report it to the officials at the end of the match instead?

Imagine if Pakistan were batting in a World Cup match against a blatant chucker and one of our batsmen in the middle clocks on, why should he stay quiet? That can be the difference between winning and losing.

Ofc if it is an ambiguous case then the players should leave it until the end of the match and let the officials handle it from there.

We need to rid ourselves of this victim mentality and conspiracy theories. As for the latter, there were numerous posters claiming Ross Taylor did it to put Hafeez off which simply isn't true. Only reason why Sarfraz was riled was because their "cunning" plans of selective chucking from their off spinner were foiled simple as that.
    Last edited by topspin; 8th November 2018 at 13:10.

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regardless of the fact that you think Hafeez is a chucker or not there is no way what Taylor did was correct, if he had an issue then there were many other ways to bring it to the umpire or referee's attention, to actually do that on TV when the world is watching is very unsportmanlike and dare say not like the kiwis at all. Murali is allowed to take upto 800 test wickets and no player gestured him on national TV.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Ross Taylor is running the game then why didnt he call back Shadab for that shocking decision? Let umpire decid what player is allowed to do or not. Its simple logic really what he did was wrong.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes hafeez is following the rules he is allowed to bowl after clearing tests and when he was banned he didnt bowl according to rules.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok everyone here is missing the point , it’s not case is Hafees chucking or not, that’s for the umpires to decide not Ross Taylor.

Does anyone know what punishment Ross Taylor can recieve for his actions ?

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not inherent bias..... it's inherent belief that they can do what they like and get away with it. Sarfraz or hafeez should have verbally assaulted him on the field as a minimum.

Ross Taylor wouldn't be pulling off this stunt against India because he knows there would be ramifications for him, his team and his board.
    Ross wouldn't be pulling this off against Indian players because they don't chuck. Also Indian cricketers like Kohli get sledged a lot especially from the Aussies (and English to an extent), so this isn't true.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by azimiqbal View Post
    Ok everyone here is missing the point , it’s not case is Hafees chucking or not, that’s for the umpires to decide not Ross Taylor.

Does anyone know what punishment Ross Taylor can recieve for his actions ?
    No punishment.

Have to admit though. Ross Taylor was very clever. He brought the focus in a timely manner.

It was not something one should do but certainly not disgraceful level to call for punishment.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you're accused of something, there will be repercussions in future whether you are guilty of it or not. It's not fair but life isn't fair itself.

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    if Taylor felt hafeez was chucking then he should've tell it to umpire.. but why Hafeez didn't complete his quote?

ﺳُﺒْﺤَﺎﻥَ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪِ ﻭﺍﻟْﺤَﻤْﺪُﻟﻠّﻪِ ﻭَ ﻻ ﺍِﻟﻪَ ﺍِﻟَّﺎ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪُ ﻭَ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪُ ﺍَﻛْﺒَﺮُ
    PCL 3 FC CHAMPIONS | Loose Cannons CC | #CannonsFire

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ross wouldn't be pulling this off against Indian players because they don't chuck. Also Indian cricketers like Kohli get sledged a lot especially from the Aussies (and English to an extent), so this isn't true.
    Ojha from the top of my head recently. Harbhajan before that.

Your replies are riddled with false equivalency all over the place.

The umpires are in charge during the game. Him remonstrating, is actually saying to umpires that you are not watching the game, and if you are, you are deliberately allowing cheating.... Have the umpires since this incident reported Hafeez? So far as I know, the answer is no. So even after reviewing what they watched live, they consider him not to be cheating. This case against Taylor is this:

- dissent to umpires

- cheating to stop an opposition player

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1719 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    So no fine or punishment for Taylor - absolute disgrace that he is being allowed to get away with this.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    When you're accused of something, there will be repercussions in future whether you are guilty of it or not. It's not fair but life isn't fair itself.
    how would you have reacted if a player started remonstrating in a match and accused team India of tampering after tendulkar was found guilty of ball tampering...

This vigilantism must be nipped in the bud now before it takes off and causes ugly scenes.

I would have loved for Sarfraz to justifiably use his big mouth for once to launch a verbal tirade against Taylor and put him in his place there and then during the game.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Taylor's action was deplorable but what business did Imad Wasim have complaining to the umpire about only 4 fielders inside the ring and getting it to be declated a no ball, getting a free hit and hitting it for 6.

Shouldn't Imad Wasim focus on his batting and not act as the umpire?

Debut
    Apr 2014
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketindiafan View Post
    Taylor's action was deplorable but what business did Imad Wasim have complaining to the umpire about only 4 fielders inside the ring and getting it to be declated a no ball, getting a free hit and hitting it for 6.

Shouldn't Imad Wasim focus on his batting and not act as the umpire?
    Because what Imad noticed had possible ramifications and consequences inside the game that was being played. It was called a no ball and he got a free hit. You want the umpire to stop Hafeez from bowling in the match because Ross thinks he's chucking?

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember that Taylor was trying to make a generic point and could not have been referring to the ball he bowled to him

If so, this was done deliberately to put Pakistan off.

Also see Trent Boult's answer how he simply skirted the question in a very well rehearsed manner.

This is dirty stuff
    Exactly, Taylor is just trying to troll Hafeez, so he looses concentration. The Arm in the video is completely straight. Plus Hafeez along with Babar have been the key players. So it was a just a dirty Tactic to get under his skin.

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    So no fine or punishment for Taylor - absolute disgrace that he is being allowed to get away with this.
    there's no need punishment for this.. this is just unsportsmanship nothing else..

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinJay View Post
    Because what Imad noticed had possible ramifications and consequences inside the game that was being played. It was called a no ball and he got a free hit. You want the umpire to stop Hafeez from bowling in the match because Ross thinks he's chucking?
    Headline says Sarfaraz told Taylor to focus on his batting (implying he's nobody to start acting as an umpire). Imad Wasim did exactly the same i.e. act as the umpire and influenced a field umpire's decision.

The two things - chucking vs a no ball - are definitely not proportionate but both Taylor and Imad went beyond their remit as a player.

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinJay View Post
    did umpire stopped his bowling, no?

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're defending someone who has been banned by the ICC 3-4 times for chucking.

This is professional cricket, this kind of stuff has no right to belong at this level.
    He was Also Cleared by ICC 4 times. He doesn't bowl doosra, doesn't even Spin the ball much. Just a Part time Bowler. Ross Taylor is only trying to troll him by reminding him.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    New Jersey, NJ
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love all the experts here who have never played a day of professional cricket at any level

This kind of cry baby stuff you don’t even pull off in grade cricket. Shameful level of sportsmanship

Oh and for the experts, go eat some crow after reading this tweet:

Last edited by MenInG; 8th November 2018 at 17:48.