Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1718 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UsmanhailsAfridi View Post
    I love all the experts here who have never played a day of professional cricket at any level

This kind of cry baby stuff you don’t even pull off in grade cricket. Shameful level of sportsmanship

Oh and for the experts, go eat some crow after reading this tweet:

Like I said, a cynical ploy by Kiwis to undermine Hafeez which really should have been punished by the ICC.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If Hafeez is chucking he will be caught. Taylor should concentrate on batting. If he has an issue he should take to off field umpire behind closed doors not infornt of the camera.

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    he can keep his mouth shut and take it up with his team management. Not make stupid gestures on the pitch trying to get a fellow professional into trouble. This episode once again shows the inherent anti pakistan bias present in many teams.
    Let ICC be the judge of this alleged STUPIDITY.....

I wish every batsman points out every chucker on the field and makes umpires take a stand and not sit on the wall....

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    782 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leg-side-flick View Post

I wish every batsman points out every chucker on the field and makes umpires take a stand and not sit on the wall....
    keep wishing........

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post

this isnt gully mohalla cricket where you can shout at the bowler. Strange that he never did the gesture when facing harbajan singh..
    Exactly.. and Ross isn't a gully mohalla batsman, he has faced thousands of deliveries from the best spinners and can spot a fishy one. Hence, why his opinion should be given respect.

Blame the PCB for not doing a better job weeding out bowlers like this at domestic level. Otherwise, an international player might just call them out on live tv in front of the whole world.

Bhaji is a proper bowler.

John 3:16

Debut
    Apr 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sooooo... whats ICC law about this ? How many times does a bowler have to be caught chucking to get a ban for so many years?

you really can't beat the game. If you earn anything, it's minus taxes. If you buy anything it's plus taxes.

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedwaqas92 View Post
    keep wishing........
    It will happen now, the fact that ICC didn't punish Ross shows who is right and who is wrong....

Some people will soon have a tough time....

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    782 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    It will happen now, the fact that ICC didn't punish Ross shows who is right and who is wrong....

Some people will soon have a tough time....
    Been a part of this platform for nearly half a decade now, we're not the ones who go through tough times, buddy......

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by from_da_lost_dim3nsion View Post
    Sooooo... whats ICC law about this ? How many times does a bowler have to be caught chucking to get a ban for so many years?
    Hafeez is past that point already... if he is caught and proven to be chucking, he should never be allowed to bowl at the international level again and should be suspended from international cricket for 4-6 months.

I thought he had been caught and banned twice, but apparently he's been cited 4 times already and apparently punished in 3?
    Last edited by Aman; 9th November 2018 at 05:58.

Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Alberta
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Disappointed to see Indian posters specially justifying Taylor’s disgraceful actions.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 9th November 2018 at 07:29.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedzee View Post
    Disappointed to see Indian posters specially justifying Taylor’s disgraceful actions.
    why? why are you surprised? most of them are racist against pakistanis so what do you expect?

coming onto the assertion that Taylor is some great batsman who has the right to act like its his dads game..please..he is a professional who should act like one. If he cant he should find another profession like a traffic warden where he can hand out tickets..

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

yeah keep wishing..unlike the streets of India, the cricket field hasnt as yet descended into a mob lynch free for all..

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Bury
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    Have you faced a butta bowler before?

This shouldn't be accepted at the international level, especially someone who has been caught and penalized multiple times. If he's found to be chucking for the third time, he should be banned from bowling at the international level and suspended for 6 months. Its flat out cheating.
    It is not the job of Ross Taylor to decide who is chucking and who isnt. Its the umpires that decide that and usually after the game with a lot of video analysis. Over the years the tests for illegal bowling have become more and more stringent and can find flaws that Bruce Elliot and his teams never could. Whilst this is a definite improvement for the betterment of the game it also means bowlers are under constant scrutiny by 100's of camera's on the field and in the labs. They don't need more pressure from the opposite team members as its a form of sledge designed to put a bowler down and humiliate him rather than a legitimate act to analyse an action.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Wellness Centre
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ross Taylor is thousand times a batsman than you ever will be, Sarfraz. You've got no rights to comment on anyone else's performances.

Gangster rap made me do it.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdul View Post
    Ross Taylor is thousand times a batsman than you ever will be, Sarfraz. You've got no rights to comment on anyone else's performances.
    A bit exagerration. Ross taylor is not Viv Richards. He may be a better batsman than Sarfaraz but Sarfaraz is an alrounder and a captain.
    Sarfaraz’s pedigree is equal to Ross Taylor as a player (if not higher).
    Back on the thread Sarfaraz has every right to be upset and I totally back him..

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Alberta
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomaskutty View Post
    Exactly.. and Ross isn't a gully mohalla batsman, he has faced thousands of deliveries from the best spinners and can spot a fishy one. Hence, why his opinion should be given respect.

Blame the PCB for not doing a better job weeding out bowlers like this at domestic level. Otherwise, an international player might just call them out on live tv in front of the whole world.

Someone's eye is like your bio mechanic system, is what I am getting at the non sense post of yours...enjoy the humble pie because Hafeez is not getting called by the umpires anytime soon.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Alberta
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That means a lot of Indian bowlers (over the course of history) would be pointed at to.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza619 View Post
    A bit exagerration. Ross taylor is not Viv Richards. He may be a better batsman than Sarfaraz but Sarfaraz is an alrounder and a captain.
    Sarfaraz’s pedigree is equal to Ross Taylor as a player (if not higher).
    Back on the thread Sarfaraz has every right to be upset and I totally back him..
    You can talk about value all you like, I would take a 40 year old Taylor than Sarfraz in his prime.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You can talk about value all you like, I would take a 40 year old Taylor than Sarfraz in his prime.
    That's why you guys haven't won a big ICC tournament

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And if a bowler gets thousands of lbws against the best batsmen, does it make it okay for them to keep signalling to the umpire that the batsman was out?

Making himself look like a joke and throwing a tantrum, very low class of Ross Taylor.

I seem to understand why Rosco was never successful as a captain, poor poor attitude.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports_Psychologist View Post
    The have won actually - 2001 ICC KO tournament in Kenya.

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    Gondor > The Shire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Given how often Hafeez blatantly deliberately cheats entirely fair by Ross Taylor.

Quote Originally Posted by Saqs on Steve Smith
    And who taught him to bat? Chris Martin? Is he the Australian equivalent of ....wait, I'm struggling to think of another useless player of his calibre.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Given how often Hafeez blatantly deliberately cheats entirely fair by Ross Taylor.
    How does it make it okay for Taylor to act like a child?

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We all saw what happened to them once they weren't playing in their hobbit sized grounds, WC 2015 Final.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    Watford, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope he doesn’t cry about it like Smith and Warner though.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 90MPH View Post
    I hope he doesn’t cry about it like Smith and Warner though.
    What else does a crybaby do?

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    AB had never won an ICC trophy, it doesn't suddenly make Sarfraz a player remotely comparable to him value or otherwise because he has.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's not elite honesty. Why don't your lot stick to elite honesty. We've all seen what happens when you try to veer away from that.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have to prove your loyalty to New Zealand by defending literally everything any Kiwi human ever does? Is that how Ish Sodhi made it into the team because it can't be on merit.

How does Taylor being a superior cricket than Sarfraz mean that he was right to lead an on-field protest and Sarfraz was wrong?

You can be a little objective, I'm sure they won't revoke your citizenship.

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's that blatant, why haven't the umpire's reported him yet? You know, the guys who have the best angle and whose job is to do that?

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chokli View Post
    How does it make it okay for Taylor to act like a child?
    Valid point.

Desperation from Taylor and pretty sad really to see anyone doing this.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chokli View Post
    We all saw what happened to them once they weren't playing in their hobbit sized grounds, WC 2015 Final.
    Ouch! This is nasty one

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AB had never won an ICC trophy, it doesn't suddenly make Sarfraz a player remotely comparable to him value or otherwise because he has.
    AB is a world class player, I don't think it will be a good thing to compare AB with Sarfaraz and Taylor. Although I like Taylor as a batsman but still he got no right to cry during a match. He is NOT expert to judge whether bowler is bowling at 15 degree or more.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ummii View Post
    AB is a world class player, I don't think it will be a good thing to compare AB with Sarfaraz and Taylor. Although I like Taylor as a batsman but still he got no right to cry during a match. He is NOT expert to judge whether bowler is bowling at 15 degree or more.
    This is in regards to a previous posters statement which implied Sarfraz was better because he had an international trophy. Taylor obviously at the same level as AB, but the same reasoning of his applies and I tried to point it out by bringing AB into it, i.e. someone who has never won an ICC trophy but is still a top class player.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyG View Post
    Do you have to prove your loyalty to New Zealand by defending literally everything any Kiwi human ever does? Is that how Ish Sodhi made it into the team because it can't be on merit.

How does Taylor being a superior cricket than Sarfraz mean that he was right to lead an on-field protest and Sarfraz was wrong?

You can be a little objective, I'm sure they won't revoke your citizenship.
    Oh the irony, I'm the one defending a cheat over someone who called out that said cheat for cheating

Go through most match threads here and you'll find several comments of Hafeez chucking in there by Pakistani PPers.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Like I said, a cynical ploy by Kiwis to undermine Hafeez which really should have been punished by the ICC.
    To be honest. After reading this, fans and players should leave it to the match professionals on legality.

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bhaji is not a proper bowler and when taylor has faced bhaji, amit mishra in the past he has not called them out......doesnt mean to say he is right about everything just because he scores runs.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Taylor did something he shouldn't have, and i'm sure he was told about his mistake. So there is nothing to discuss here. Let ICC handle this matter the way they think it should be handled.

Debut
    Mar 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh the irony, I'm the one defending a cheat over someone who called out that said cheat for cheating

Go through most match threads here and you'll find several comments of Hafeez chucking in there by Pakistani PPers.
    Dude, who are you?
    As far as I’m aware Hafeez has been through the necessary channels and got clearance from the ICC. How is that “cheating”.

The black caps supporters, players and commentators have a knack of being cry babies and accusing players of chucking much like they did with Akhtar, a big reason I stopped supporting them. Bunch of sooks. And when they lose, radio sport etc listening to talk back all they do is either 1. Cry about someone cheating or 2. About how badly they performed - never give credit to the opposition.

And as for you, you come here and make these calls about someone cheating, in effect defending Ross Taylor’s disgraceful actions, puts you in the same boat as him. Stick to the point - and the point is Ross Taylor should focus on his game and leave everything else to the pros.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonty View Post
    Dude, who are you?
    As far as I’m aware Hafeez has been through the necessary channels and got clearance from the ICC. How is that “cheating”.

The black caps supporters, players and commentators have a knack of being cry babies and accusing players of chucking much like they did with Akhtar, a big reason I stopped supporting them. Bunch of sooks. And when they lose, radio sport etc listening to talk back all they do is either 1. Cry about someone cheating or 2. About how badly they performed - never give credit to the opposition.

And as for you, you come here and make these calls about someone cheating, in effect defending Ross Taylor’s disgraceful actions, puts you in the same boat as him. Stick to the point - and the point is Ross Taylor should focus on his game and leave everything else to the pros.
    I'm not making accusations, he's already been proven to be chucking multiple times. And judging by the discussion on here before Taylor even called him out, he hasn't stopped.
    Last edited by Aman; 10th November 2018 at 06:15.

Debut
    Mar 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not making accusations, he's already been proven to be chucking multiple times. And judging by the discussion on here before Taylor even called him out, he hasn't stopped.
    You are making accusations. Accusations of cheating - which is a question of someone’s character. Just because you have a bend on your arm, e.g. akhtars hyperextension, they don’t “chuck” intentionally. Have you ever bowled fast? Try running up, stopping, and throwing the ball - nigh on impossible to generate the same sort of pace.

Point is, don’t call someone a cheater. The guys reaction to the whole fixing saga should prove the guy is of noble character.

As for the bend in his arm, let the ICC handle that. They have their processes. In the meantime, black caps should stop crying.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Also, how many times has Hafeez gone through those channels only to be called and caught again?

Hafeez is by no means no angel, nor does he deserve the amount of support he's getting. The funny thing is these same people were probably the ones calling him a chucker and wanting him dropped before this incident.

Are you going to apologize to Taylor if Hafeez is caught and banned again? Because I'm 100 percent going to bump all of these threads if it happens.
    Last edited by Aman; 10th November 2018 at 06:21.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonty View Post
    You are making accusations. Accusations of cheating - which is a question of someone’s character. Just because you have a bend on your arm, e.g. akhtars hyperextension, they don’t “chuck” intentionally. Have you ever bowled fast? Try running up, stopping, and throwing the ball - nigh on impossible to generate the same sort of pace.

Point is, don’t call someone a cheater. The guys reaction to the whole fixing saga should prove the guy is of noble character.

As for the bend in his arm, let the ICC handle that. They have their processes. In the meantime, black caps should stop crying.
    Dude, he was caught and banned for chucking. He came back and did it again, this is what? His third or fourth return?

What does that make him? Because if he gets caught and continues to do it... It makes him a cheat.

Debut
    Mar 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, how many times has Hafeez gone through those channels only to be called and caught again?

Hafeez is by no means no angel, nor does he deserve the amount of support he's getting. The funny thing is these same people were probably the ones calling him a chucker and wanting him dropped before this incident.

Are you going to apologize to Taylor if Hafeez is caught and banned again? Because I'm 100 percent going to bump all of these threads if it happens.
    I wouldn’t apologize to Taylor if my life depended on it.

So what if he gets “caught” as you call it?

I call Shoaib a chucker. But that’s fine with me because that’s natural for his body. And I’m ok with it, but I ain’t calling him no cheat. You can bump the thread all you like. Taylor needs to focus on his own game and we need to focus on enjoying cricket, it’s actually quite simple.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1718 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Dude, he was caught and banned for chucking. He came back and did it again, this is what? His third or fourth return?

What does that make him? Because if he gets caught and continues to do it... It makes him a cheat.
    The thread is about Taylor and his despicable action towards a cricketer on the field of play. We are not discussing Hafeez's action.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    The thread is about Taylor and his despicable action towards a cricketer on the field of play. We are not discussing Hafeez's action.
    so it's fine to sledge and swear at family in cricket but the moment you call out someone who has been banned by the ICC multiple times, it's despicable and crossing the line.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    I have zero issues with Taylor calling out Hafeez if he thinks he's chucking. More players should do it, that way they can speed up the process of getting it out of the game.

Feels like it takes forever for umpires to pick up on it and they seem reluctant to do it because of the fear of backlash from fans. It's not as if they change their action game to game, it should be picked up a lot earlier than it is, if it means players bringing attention to it, so be it it's only for the good of the game.

Debut
    Mar 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have zero issues with Taylor calling out Hafeez if he thinks he's chucking. More players should do it, that way they can speed up the process of getting it out of the game.

Feels like it takes forever for umpires to pick up on it and they seem reluctant to do it because of the fear of backlash from fans. It's not as if they change their action game to game, it should be picked up a lot earlier than it is, if it means players bringing attention to it, so be it it's only for the good of the game.
    Wow. Typical.

I wonder if Ross Taylor’s made an official complaint, or the black caps for that matter.

Maybe pak players should start doing gestures.

Maybe the South Africans should start making ball tampering gestures if aussies continue taking wickets.

Freedom of speech (gestures) hey.

Food for thought.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

Yes lets make it a free for all. Like a local street match where accusations fly, players are mocked and it turns into a farce.

This is international cricket, not your local gully match.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1718 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    so it's fine to sledge and swear at family in cricket but the moment you call out someone who has been banned by the ICC multiple times, it's despicable and crossing the line.
    Possibly in NZ cricket, gesturing at the bowler to throw him off and cynically manipulate the umpire etc are normal things.

This is international cricket not gully cricket - dont try and defend the indefensible.

Fact is Taylor got away easy - he should have been fined at the least by the ICC.