Instagram

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 451
  1. #1
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    97,484
    Mentioned
    1761 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

    Pakistan vs New Zealand | 2nd ODI | Abu Dhabi | Nov 9, 2018 | New Zealand Innings

    After losing the Twenty20 International series against Pakistan 3-0, New Zealand made a strong start to the one-day internationals with a 47-run victory in the first of three games.

    Overview
    Pakistan v New Zealand
    2nd ODI
    Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi
    Friday, 9 November, 3pm local time, 11am GMT



    New Zealand, who are ranked third in the MRF Tyres ICC Men's ODI Team Rankings, kept the lid on Pakistan's explosive batsmen with their strong bowling display in the first ODI. Trent Boult, who missed the T20I series as he was on paternity leave, made a strong comeback to the national team by becoming the third New Zealand bowler to claim an ODI hat-trick.

    The 29-year-old received good support in seamers Lockie Ferguson and Colin de Grandhomme, who returned figures of 3/36 and 2/40 respectively. However, Ish Sodhi, who was expected to extract turn and bounce from the dry surface, was not at his best. Skipper Kane Williamson has the option of swapping him with left-arm spinner Ajaz Patel in the second game.

    While New Zealand impressed in the bowling department, their batting can get better. The visitors put up a total of 266/9, courtesy crucial half-centuries from middle-order batsmen Ross Taylor and Tom Latham. However, none of the other batsmen managed to cross 30.

    Teenaged Shaheen Shah Afridi, who has taken to international cricket like a duck to water, claimed four scalps in the game. He snapped up two wickets upfront, before hurting New Zealand's lower middle-order with his raw pace later in the innings.

    Shadab Khan, who is an ace for Pakistan in their adopted fortress, also picked up four wickets in his 10-over spell. His scalps included well-settled batsmen Williamson and Latham, as well as Henry Nicholls and de Grandhomme, whom he dismissed for ducks.

    Pakistan, too, look impressive on the bowling front. However, the batting department has not been able to replicate their T20 heroics in 50-over cricket.

    "We have been performing well in the bowling, but it is our batting department that needs some fine-tuning in ODIs. Especially, our top-order. Our struggle starts from there as we tend to lose early wickets and then fail to make a comeback in the match," said Pakistan skipper Sarfraz Ahmed in the build-up to the series.

    The hosts lost their first five wickets for 73 in the first ODI, leaving too much to do for their lower middle-order in the 267-run chase. While Ahmed and Imad Wasim tried to lift the innings with half-centuries, they could not fix the damage from the first 20 overs of the innings. Ahmed will hope that his top-order batsmen get some runs under their belt in the second game.

    Shadab Khan returned figures of 4/38 in his 10-over spell Shadab Khan returned figures of 4/38 in his 10-over spell
    Key players

    Shadab Khan (Pakistan): The 20-year-old has been an integral component of Pakistan's bowling arsenal in the last 12 months. He becomes their strike bowler in the UAE, where the dry and slow pitches become conducive to spin bowling. He crippled New Zealand in the middle overs of the innings in the first game and will be expected pick up from there on Friday.

    Ross Taylor (New Zealand): Taylor, who scored a 112-ball 80 in the first game, is the most experienced campaigner in New Zealand's batting line-up. The right-hander, who is the leading run-scorer for New Zealand in 50-over cricket in 2018, will be crucial for countering Pakistan's strong spin-bowling attack in the second game.

    Conditions

    The temperature will rise to 31°C at the time of the toss and the weather is expected to be hot and dry throughout the game. The first ODI, which was also played in Abu Dhabi, showed that the surface is not easy to score on and will require application from both the batting units.


    Squads

    Pakistan: Fakhar Zaman, Mohammad Hafeez, Imam-ul-Haq, Babar Azam, Shoaib Malik, Asif Ali, Haris Sohail, Sarfraz Ahmed (c/wk), Shadab Khan, Imad Wasim, Faheem Ashraf, Hasan Ali, Junaid Khan, Shaheen Afridi, Usman Khan

    New Zealand: Kane Williamson (c), Todd Astle, Trent Boult, Colin de Grandhomme, Matt Henry, Tom Latham, Colin Munro, Henry Nicholls, Ish Sodhi, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, BJ Watling, Lockie Ferguson, Ajaz Patel, George Worker

    https://www.icc-cricket.com/news/902468


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  2. #2
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    43
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Expecting Fakhar Zaman to be dropped.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    533
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by asfan.dari View Post
    Expecting Fakhar Zaman to be dropped.
    Fakhar has to be given one more chance as a firing Fakhar is the difference between a good total and a very good one.

    Really impressed with how S.S. Afridi has been performing in international cricket at such a tender age with not that much domestic experience either.
    So called bits and pieces player Shadab has also been impressive in the T20s as well as the last ODI. Well done to Sarfraz for showing fight with batting in the last match. His keeping, captaincy and batting has been up to the level expected lately. Babar, Fakhar and Malik need to show more fight.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    13,103
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by asfan.dari View Post
    Expecting Fakhar Zaman to be dropped.
    You want us to open the batting with an out-of-sorts Babar Azam and the perennially useless Imam-ul-haq? All this noise over Fakhar is testament to the fact that Pakistan fans/media doesn't want it's budding cricketers to succeed. Immature people make these young players heroes one day, then bring them crashing down to the earth after a few failures.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    533
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    You want us to open the batting with an out-of-sorts Babar Azam and the perennially useless Imam-ul-haq? All this noise over Fakhar is testament to the fact that Pakistan fans/media doesn't want it's budding cricketers to succeed. Immature people make these young players heroes one day, then bring them crashing down to the earth after a few failures.
    Imam Ul Haq is not useless - you need one Azhar Ali type player to hold one end, hopefully his strike rate would rise once he has ample experience against quality teams. Fakhar, Babar, Malik and Hafeez should keep the run rate in check. You can always depend on Sarfraz to do that.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    9,106
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    We missed the golden opportunity to beat them, now NZ will come more hard on us and award us with heavier defeat.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    13,103
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakPremi View Post
    Imam Ul Haq is not useless - you need one Azhar Ali type player to hold one end, hopefully his strike rate would rise once he has ample experience against quality teams. Fakhar, Babar, Malik and Hafeez should keep the run rate in check. You can always depend on Sarfraz to do that.
    I have not seen a more useless player. It doesn't even matter what he does, his contributions are of no consequence to the match.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    533
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    I have not seen a more useless player. It doesn't even matter what he does, his contributions are of no consequence to the match.
    Give him time and he will win matches for Pak. New Zealand won last match not due to prolific strike rate from Latham but the sum of his runs. Imam so far has been scoring consistently for a new player.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    265
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i feel that FAKHAR will be MOM today

  10. #10
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    13,103
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakPremi View Post
    Give him time and he will win matches for Pak. New Zealand won last match not due to prolific strike rate from Latham but the sum of his runs. Imam so far has been scoring consistently for a new player.
    Latham was scoring at a run-a-ball throughout his innings. Imam makes sure he maintains a terrible strike rate even when he is facing Zimbabwe A team on flat wickets. Terrible player, and we need to realize promoting such players is the reason we are stuck in a rut in ODI cricket at the moment.

    He's a good test batsman, but horribly out of place in modern day ODI cricket.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    13,670
    Mentioned
    690 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If Pakistan win the toss and bat first, i back them to break the streak of 12 consecutive losses to NZ. Chasing is harder at this stadium and the ball does a bit under lights as we saw in he last match as well as in the Asia Cup.


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  12. #12
    Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Rawalakot, Kashmir
    Runs
    189
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    I have not seen a more useless player. It doesn't even matter what he does, his contributions are of no consequence to the match.
    Imam has played a total of 15 ODIs.
    11 ODIs were against low rank teams, where his performance was good.
    4 ODIs were against India & Newzeland (2 each), where he has not made any big impact.
    But I think it is unfair to pass any judgment on him based on just 4 ODIs.
    He is a young lad, and should be given some time to prove his worth.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    7,049
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AhmedKashmiri View Post
    Imam has played a total of 15 ODIs.
    11 ODIs were against low rank teams, where his performance was good.
    4 ODIs were against India & Newzeland (2 each), where he has not made any big impact.
    But I think it is unfair to pass any judgment on him based on just 4 ODIs.
    He is a young lad, and should be given some time to prove his worth.
    It is not unfair anyone with some cricketing knowledge nws he is limited player and will be of no use against these teams.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    13,103
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AhmedKashmiri View Post
    Imam has played a total of 15 ODIs.
    11 ODIs were against low rank teams, where his performance was good.
    4 ODIs were against India & Newzeland (2 each), where he has not made any big impact.
    But I think it is unfair to pass any judgment on him based on just 4 ODIs.
    He is a young lad, and should be given some time to prove his worth.
    I'm basing my judgment on his pathetic SR against every team in his 15 ODIs so far. He has always started off at a snail's pace, eliminating any chance Pakistan has of getting off to a quick start. Fakhar's lack of form has compounded this issue to the point where Pakistan has zero chance of getting a good start now.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Sep 2009
    Venue
    Great Pakistan
    Runs
    20,515
    Mentioned
    349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    NZ win the toss & elected to bat....

  16. #16
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    9,106
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Another pressure game and chase meaning another loss!!!! We really need to find dynamic batsmen if we want to revive our ODI team.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    30,266
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan flopped in the toss once again Sarfraz's lucky charm seems to be fading quicker than most expected.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    30,266
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan once again not making any changes, had JK not been injured they would have played the same team.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    529
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a good body language of a captain. Look like he is already thinking a loss in his mind

  20. #20
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    76,384
    Mentioned
    5018 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deewana Mastana View Post
    Pakistan once again not making any changes, had JK not been injured they would have played the same team.
    I think they would have played fake all-rounder #2 anyway, but Junaid’s injury helped make the decision easy. It was probably down to him or Hasan sitting out in this one.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    13,103
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deewana Mastana View Post
    Pakistan flopped in the toss once again Sarfraz's lucky charm seems to be fading quicker than most expected.
    Does it really matter? Pakistan needs an inspirational performance to lift them from this slumber.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    30,266
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    I think they would have played fake all-rounder #2 anyway, but Junaid’s injury helped make the decision easy. It was probably down to him or Hasan sitting out in this one.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    5,314
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No Haris? What is wrong with them!

    Hassan needs to up his game today.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    30,266
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    Does it really matter? Pakistan needs an inspirational performance to lift them from this slumber.
    They are awfully out of sorts, they need to mentally change and challenge themselves which they are incapable of as we have been seeing for decades.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    30,266
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    No Haris? What is wrong with them!

    Hassan needs to up his game today.
    Can't afford to let them make more than 230.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Oct 2008
    Venue
    MCG - Mera Chota Ghar, SE England
    Runs
    11,871
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I hope NZ put up another score of 250+

    We need plenty of practice in chasing these type of scores.

    Your plan A/B/C can't be bat first on winning the toss.

    Sarfaraz when fielding first isn't an attacking captain so will be plenty of times when the opposition gets 250 to 300.


    Frank Skinner: Pakistan looked better than this when they were trying to lose.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    529
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    I'm basing my judgment on his pathetic SR against every team in his 15 ODIs so far. He has always started off at a snail's pace, eliminating any chance Pakistan has of getting off to a quick start. Fakhar's lack of form has compounded this issue to the point where Pakistan has zero chance of getting a good start now.
    ATM batting at a snail pace is not our problem. Problem lies in Our rabbit pace batsmen. They are not firing.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    13,103
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny_majoka View Post
    ATM batting at a snail pace is not our problem. Problem lies in Our rabbit pace batsmen. They are not firing.
    Batting at a snail pace is a problem. It makes you and the batsmen coming after you, play stupid shots.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    529
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by On_the_up View Post
    I hope NZ put up another score of 250+

    We need plenty of practice in chasing these type of scores.

    Your plan A/B/C can't be bat first on winning the toss.

    Sarfaraz when fielding first isn't an attacking captain so will be plenty of times when the opposition gets 250 to 300.
    It will be tough ask to pass 250 on a used pitch

  30. #30
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    13,103
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by On_the_up View Post
    I hope NZ put up another score of 250+

    We need plenty of practice in chasing these type of scores.

    Your plan A/B/C can't be bat first on winning the toss.

    Sarfaraz when fielding first isn't an attacking captain so will be plenty of times when the opposition gets 250 to 300.
    How many teams have successfully chased down 250+ at Abu Dhabi?

  31. #31
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    13,670
    Mentioned
    690 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The management has to make a tough call here. You cannot keep playing both Malik and Hafeez till the World Cup. Haris Sohail needs to com in for one of them. Not that it would make a massive difference but it's a start.


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  32. #32
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    65
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    congrats New Zealand for series win.
    We all know Pakistan terrible batting in 2nd inning.
    Babar to fail again.
    Hafeez to score 30-40

    All our faster man will be expensive

  33. #33
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    14,760
    Mentioned
    670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Please give a target of 300.

    I want our team to play hard and chase it. Will boost their confidence.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Oct 2018
    Runs
    298
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Criminal that there’s no change to the batting order, still will see how it will go Inshallah we win.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    30,266
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should have started off with Hafeez with 2 lefties at the top.

    Still not late, give him the 2nd over.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    529
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Please give a target of 300.

    I want our team to play hard and chase it. Will boost their confidence.
    Lol.. 250 will be enough to boost their confidence if they managed to chase it

  37. #37
    Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    30,266
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Munro is going to come hard no matter what.

  38. #38
    Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    30,266
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny_majoka View Post
    Lol.. 250 will be enough to boost their confidence if they managed to chase it
    I'd say 230.

  39. #39
    Debut
    Oct 2018
    Runs
    298
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Munro gone! Well bowled Shaheen and a beautiful catch from Hafeez.

  40. #40
    Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    30,266
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hafeez great catch!

  41. #41
    Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    5,051
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    My heart was in my mouth when I saw the fielder was Hafeez. Thank God he held on

  42. #42
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    12,194
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great catch by Hafeez to get Munro out.

    Shaheen gets his first wicket and pulls off the Shahid Afridi celebration.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    5,314
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Munro paying the price for not respecting SSA.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    13,670
    Mentioned
    690 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ball not coming on at all on a used pitch and Munro trying to hit over the top. Brainless.


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  45. #45
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    421
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good captaincy by Sarfraz to have a gully in to block Williamson's singles to third man

  46. #46
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    533
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Ball not coming on at all on a used pitch and Munro trying to hit over the top. Brainless.
    Munro just demonstrated why you need players like Iman, albeit he needs to up his strike right a little. You cannot always get away with playing T20game in the ODIs. Iman is fine with firing Fakhar and will improve his strike rate.

  47. #47
    Debut
    Oct 2008
    Venue
    MCG - Mera Chota Ghar, SE England
    Runs
    11,871
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    How many teams have successfully chased down 250+ at Abu Dhabi?
    Don't know but they could have chased it without the top order collapse the previous match.

    If we are serious about progress, we need to set challenging targets and achieve them.


    Frank Skinner: Pakistan looked better than this when they were trying to lose.

  48. #48
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    5,759
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good stuff by Sarfaraz by having that fielder to stop Williamson playing to the third man

  49. #49
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    5,314
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baigel View Post
    Good captaincy by Sarfraz to have a gully in to block Williamson's singles to third man
    Was just about to say this.

  50. #50
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    421
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shaba Shaheen, come on

  51. #51
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    12,194
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4 leg byes followed by 5 wides.

    Not good this

  52. #52
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    421
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Williamson GONE

  53. #53
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Occupied Kashmir
    Runs
    3,063
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Expensive from ssa

  54. #54
    Debut
    Oct 2018
    Runs
    298
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Line lag gayiiii

  55. #55
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    5,759
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice fielding from Shaheen. Lol

  56. #56
    Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    5,051
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Lucky dismissal

  57. #57
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    12,194
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow

    Williamson run out after the ball hit shaheens fingers, then the stumps.

  58. #58
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    13,670
    Mentioned
    690 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakPremi View Post
    Munro just demonstrated why you need players like Iman, albeit he needs to up his strike right a little. You cannot always get away with playing T20game in the ODIs. Iman is fine with firing Fakhar and will improve his strike rate.
    Yeah maybe. Imam needs another gear imo.


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  59. #59
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Runs
    8,673
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Maybe the change of luck we needed...

  60. #60
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    12,295
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good start. Get them under 260 today.

  61. #61
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    5,759
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now get this cry baby Taylor out early

  62. #62
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    13,670
    Mentioned
    690 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Unlucky williamson.


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  63. #63
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    421
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good Fielding Fauji

  64. #64
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    5,314
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  65. #65
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    5,759
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bring in the spin from one end

  66. #66
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Occupied Kashmir
    Runs
    3,063
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Meanwhile south Africa choked yet again

  67. #67
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    6,277
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    The management has to make a tough call here. You cannot keep playing both Malik and Hafeez till the World Cup. Haris Sohail needs to com in for one of them. Not that it would make a massive difference but it's a start.
    I think pak will crumble and lose chasing 250+ again in this match due to pressure.

    haris will be given chance in the next game in place of imad or fakhar if one of them which i expect to fail in this match ... Haris will score his regular 30-40 in the final 3rd odi and will be left out from the 11 and again will be on bench in the next series...

  68. #68
    Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    5,051
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Shadab at point probably saves 5-6 runs every game

  69. #69
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    12,194
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good over by Faheem, a maiden.

  70. #70
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    12,194
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Need to target Worker. He's currently 5 off 16 and if singkes/doubles are restricted he could get out trying to hit a big shot
    Last edited by Arham_PakFan; 9th November 2018 at 16:56.

  71. #71
    Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    10,097
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not bring in Hafeez?

    Shaheen struggling with his line length.


    "You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

  72. #72
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    5,759
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spin from one end is needed on this wicket to choke the batsmen. Need to capitalize on such cruicial moments

  73. #73
    Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    5,051
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Shaheen's action needs some tweaking. He loses at least 5 kph of pace. Should also help with his accuracy

  74. #74
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    13,670
    Mentioned
    690 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ask_analyse_act View Post
    I think pak will crumble and lose chasing 250+ again in this match due to pressure.

    haris will be given chance in the next game in place of imad or fakhar if one of them which i expect to fail in this match ... Haris will score his regular 30-40 in the final 3rd odi and will be left out from the 11 and again will be on bench in the next series...
    Not necessarily. Under lights, it may swing but if you see that period off, the ball might come onto the bat better . Key is to not lose wickets to boult in his first spell.


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  75. #75
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    589
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pakistan can never win chasing a 250+ total in UAE. And sarfaraz with his poor captaincy will somehow make sure they get past that even if they are 150/6

  76. #76
    Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    10,097
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed216 View Post
    Pakistan can never win chasing a 250+ total in UAE. And sarfaraz with his poor captaincy will somehow make sure they get past that even if they are 150/6
    Pak needs to get NZ out under 180 otherwise they will choke chasing.


    "You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

  77. #77
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    5,759
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These are moments like these Sarfaraz shouldnt let loose, same thing happened against Bng in Asia and twice in the last match. He should be pro active rather than reactive.

    He has two spinners who can bowl with the new ball, choke the runs and quickly complete their overs. I know pacers are bowling decently but Hafeez or Imad would make the batsmen do something different which will be against their plans.

  78. #78
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    5,759
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hassan needs to get out of this down patch to become a better cricketer than before

  79. #79
    Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    10,097
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Not necessarily. Under lights, it may swing but if you see that period off, the ball might come onto the bat better . Key is to not lose wickets to boult in his first spell.
    Maybe send Babar to open instead of Fakhar.


    "You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

  80. #80
    Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    10,097
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imad, Hafeez would have made life hell for the NZ new bats here.


    "You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •