Instagram

An evening with Shahid Afridi and Younis Khan

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 75 of 75
  1. #1
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    26,122
    Mentioned
    1213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    "Why do they (India) play us in the ICC tournaments?" : Ehsan Mani

    The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) Chairman Ehsan Mani wants the ICC to help restore his country's bilateral playing ties with India, saying that it is the world body's responsibility.

    "I have already talked about it, though informally, at the ICC level. But now I am in the PCB and I will raise it more effectively that the ICC should ensure the bilateral series among all the countries," Mani told the 'Dawn' newspaper in an interview.

    "Look, if there is no bilateral cricket series between India and Pakistan, why do they play us in the ICC tournaments?" he asked.

    There has been no full bilateral series between the two countries since 2007 when Pakistan played a Test series in India.

    In the winter of 2012-13, Pakistan toured India for a short goodwill series of limited-over matches, but India have refused to engage in a bilateral Test series with Pakistan after the 2008 Mumbai terror attacks.

    The ICC's dispute resolution committee is to give its verdict on a compensation claim of USD 70 million filed by the PCB against the BCCI.

    The PCB has asserted that the BCCI did not honour a Memorandum of Understanding. The Indian Board has maintained that the MoU was not legally binding on it.

    "Unfortunately, it has never happened in the history of the ICC that two cricket boards are fighting a case against each other. Had I been at the helm at the time of filing the case, I would have preferred to resolve the matter through negotiation," Mani said.

    Mani said the dialogue should have continued between the boards and it would have been good to involve the governments of the two countries for a solution.

    "I played a key role in 2004 through dialogue and I also persuaded England to visit Zimbabwe after setting aside the political stance of their government about the situation in Zimbabwe at that time," he said.

    The PCB chief said that if Pakistan's compensation claim is rejected by the ICC committee, he would continue to try to talk to India.

    "My intention is not to beg for cricket but to talk with anyone on equal terms. We are ready to play and we have to go with each other

    "Then we will talk and if we fail we will again raise our voice in the ICC since its constitution has the clauses against government interference, but there has to be discussion over the nature of the interference," he said.

    https://www.indiatvnews.com/sports/c...to-bcci-480921


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  2. #2
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    6,385
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because it would cost us dearly. Is it that difficult to understand?


    If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasnít arrived yet: Viv Richards

  3. #3
    Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    1,776
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Because it would cost us dearly. Is it that difficult to understand?
    Not everyone understands the B mentality my friend

  4. #4
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    75,245
    Mentioned
    4838 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    After years of having Sethi beg BCCI for a series and show no self-respect at all, it is great to finally have a dignified Chairman who is not bothered about India not playing bilateral cricket with us.

    This is what was promised to us the detractors of Sethi, so I would like apologize to all of them.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    27,939
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    After years of having Sethi beg BCCI for a series and show no self-respect at all, it is great to finally have a dignified Chairman who is not bothered about India not playing bilateral cricket with us.

    This is what was promised to us the detractors of Sethi, so I would like apologize to all of them.
    Does the PCB and future of Pakistan Cricket really have a choice?

  6. #6
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    75,245
    Mentioned
    4838 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Does the PCB and future of Pakistan Cricket really have a choice?
    That excuse did not work for Sethi. However, since Mani is a man of action and dignity, I expect Pakistan to forfeit from playing India in tournaments in order to preserve our self-respect.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    india
    Runs
    179
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then you dont play with us, do *** for tat.
    We dont want to lose give you walkover and lose points.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    4,068
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    To bring ICC into line PCB should withdraw from games against India in ICC tournaments until bilateral series are enforced. Time to end profiteering from Pakistan brand in ICC tourneys. You want the most watched cricket match on earth then give us what we want.

  9. #9
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    1,055
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Look, if there is no bilateral cricket series between India and Pakistan, why do they play us in the ICC tournaments?" he asked.

    The answer is in the question. One is a bilateral and the other is an ICC tournament. It has been BCCI's stance for the longest time that its ok to play ICC tournaments but no to bilaterals. Not sure what is so confusing.

    Different chairman, same complaint/crying.

  10. #10
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    1,055
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat_Track_Bully View Post
    To bring ICC into line PCB should withdraw from games against India in ICC tournaments until bilateral series are enforced. Time to end profiteering from Pakistan brand in ICC tourneys. You want the most watched cricket match on earth then give us what we want.
    I don't see either scenario happening. Neither is the PCB going to withdraw nor is the ICC going to side with the PCB over BCCI.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    9,968
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only way in reality it can happen is, Pakistan forfeit the indian matches in ICC tournament.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    260
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Pakistan is not happy with this arrangement then they should boycott playing India in ICC events.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    6,951
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    In an ideal world, we should not play vs Pak even in multilateral tournaments but what if there is an Ind-Pak knock out match. Why should we take a stand which does no good to us?

  14. #14
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    30,561
    Mentioned
    527 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    That's all hogwash. It's about hitting Pakistan economically. Hosting a bilateral will bring a windfall to Pakistan with 60 percent of tv revenues tied up to an India Pakistan series.
    Of course we know this but Indian fans have been left confused, how much money their soldiers are worth.

    Indian fans should speak up and demand their government allows bilateral ties, cricket is what fans should want against all nations. If every nation stopped playing others for political reasons world sport would be a shambles.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  15. #15
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    806
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Actually it is difficult to understand.

    The reason given is the Indian government will not allow the team to play because Pakistan is killing Indian soldiers and Indians. So please make us all understand something so simple, are the lives of Indians not worth the money of ICC matches?
    BCCI dont want to give a single penny to PCB. India series is a money maker for all countries and playing bilaterals with Pakistan meaning PCB making money at India's expense. This is something that BCCI dont want. Remember, playing against India is a privilege and not a right. BCCI want to deprive PCB of that privilege as a punishment for Pakistan govt not acting against Mumbai murderers.

    This is the only truth...rest all govt clearance, border tension etc. is just hogwash. In ICC events, all board gets equal money from ICC and PCB dont earn anything extra by playing India. So BCCI has no issues there. India will lose points by not playing against Pak in ICC events is a lie as well. If BCCI wants, they can easily keep Ind and Pak in seperate groups by requesting ICC. But they dont care bcoz ICC makes money from that game.

  16. #16
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    3,640
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedzee View Post
    India: We are not going to play Pakistan. They are killing our soldiers. We don't even want to see them.

    Pakistan: We want to play India. Fans in both the countries want to see these teams play.

    WORLD TOURNAMENT COMES

    India: We will play Pakistan (even if the soldiers are being killed).


    ------------------------

    Who else is seeing the pathetic double standards here? Are Indian fans on this forum that deluded?
    Who told you that fans in India want to see them play?

  17. #17
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Pindi
    Runs
    2,563
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rudra View Post
    Then you dont play with us, do *** for tat.
    We dont want to lose give you walkover and lose points.
    It suits Pakistan. It will save them from humiliation.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    United Kingdom
    Runs
    5,897
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    back wards stone age mentality mixing sports and politics

    the world moved on from mixing sports and politics in the 70's

    indians have a stone age mentality to this issue.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    15,611
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sachin136 View Post
    Who told you that fans in India want to see them play?
    The India v Pakistan match at OT is sold out. 90% of ticket holders are Indian.

    Stop coming here with your patronising attitude as if your fans donít want to see this match

  20. #20
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    943
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's rather simple. We don't want you to make profit from our markets.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    6,385
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Actually it is difficult to understand.

    The reason given is the Indian government will not allow the team to play because Pakistan is killing Indian soldiers and Indians. So please make us all understand something so simple, are the lives of Indians not worth the money of ICC matches?
    That's rubbish. India doesn't play Pakistan because they don't want Pakistan cricket to benefit from us. Anyone with a brain knows that. Now of course the BCCI or the Govt. of India can't really say that in an open platform.


    If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasnít arrived yet: Viv Richards

  22. #22
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Surrey
    Runs
    2,117
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both boards are powerless here and I thought Mani was intelligent enough to know this. Indian government is the main obstacle here. Yes one should not mix sports and politics but the Indian government always has and always will do that. Unless Pakistan ends its fixation with Kashmir ( I for one would like Pak governments to focus more on problems at home. fix the economy, focus on human development etc.) and as long as people like Modi are at the helm of affairs in India there is absolutely no prospect of any bilateral series between the two countries in the foreseebable future

    Besides BCCI has nothing to lose from not playing against Pakistan. If we only play each other in ICC tournaments then so be it.

    Why doesn't PCB get it? Have some dignity and self respect.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought Mani said he wouldn't beg India for a series.

  24. #24
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    973
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sully3 View Post
    back wards stone age mentality mixing sports and politics

    the world moved on from mixing sports and politics in the 70's

    indians have a stone age mentality to this issue.
    Somehow Pakistan was still stuck with it in 2009.... They thought by not sending Pak players IPL would be jeopardized buy ten years since then we know the story

  25. #25
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    6,385
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leg-side-flick View Post
    Somehow Pakistan was still stuck with it in 2009.... They thought by not sending Pak players IPL would be jeopardized buy ten years since then we know the story
    People often say that IPL doesn't allow Pak cricketers in it, yet conveniently forget who is to be blamed for that. Pak players played in the first season of IPL. And due to India not touring Pak in early 2009, the PCB barred it's players from participating in the second season on IPL in a *** for tat basis. What's even more funny is that Pak fans on PP were so happy back then when they got that news.


    If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasnít arrived yet: Viv Richards

  26. #26
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    75,245
    Mentioned
    4838 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Pakistani players were hot property in T20 cricket in 2009. PCB was on its high horse and thought that by barring its players, it will be able to sabotage the IPL.

    In their minds, a T20 league could not thrive without Pakistani players.

    However, 10 years on, the IPL is now a bigger brand than Pakistan cricket itself, and the absence of our players has not been felt at all.

    That is why taking decisions with bad intentions, as well as to sabotage others usually backfire.

    PCB shot itself in the foot and deprived itís players of millions, who have spent the last decade looking at the IPL with envy and have made regular statements of how they wish they could be a part of it.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    6,385
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Pakistani players were hot property in T20 cricket in 2009. PCB was on its high horse and thought that by barring its players, it will be able to sabotage the IPL.

    In their minds, a T20 league could not thrive without Pakistani players.

    However, 10 years on, the IPL is now a bigger brand than Pakistan cricket itself, and the absence of our players has not been felt at all.

    That is why taking decisions with bad intentions, as well as to sabotage others usually backfire.

    PCB shot itself in the foot and deprived itís players of millions, who have spent the last decade looking at the IPL with envy and have made regular statements of how they wish they could be a part of it.
    Not to mention Pak players were a big hit in the first edition of IPL.


    If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasnít arrived yet: Viv Richards

  28. #28
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    188
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If people think that Indian fans are dying to see Indians play Pakistan in cricket, forget it. Those days are long gone. Right now it is Pakistan fans, and more importantly PCB bigwigs who are dying to play India. PCB is interested in these bilateral matches because of money, not because of any love for the game.

    There are some people who ask rhetorically why India plays Pakistan in tournaments. These teams at least play in tournaments. Cricket is not the only sport in the world. There are so many major countries that do not play cricket.

    A day may well come when Indians may lose interest in cricket and move on to some other sports if they get better in these sports. I would dearly love to see India becoming one of them in future.
    Last edited by latecut; 10th November 2018 at 07:14.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    256
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Pakistani players were hot property in T20 cricket in 2009. PCB was on its high horse and thought that by barring its players, it will be able to sabotage the IPL.

    In their minds, a T20 league could not thrive without Pakistani players.

    However, 10 years on, the IPL is now a bigger brand than Pakistan cricket itself, and the absence of our players has not been felt at all.

    That is why taking decisions with bad intentions, as well as to sabotage others usually backfire.

    PCB shot itself in the foot and deprived it’s players of millions, who have spent the last decade looking at the IPL with envy and have made regular statements of how they wish they could be a part of it.
    Or, they were smart and didnt expose our bowlers to the world, leading to our global bowling success and culminating at the CT2017.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Venue
    Pune Maharashtra
    Runs
    407
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pakistan better boycott Playing India in World Cup... One stone two birds
    First PCB can preserve their Dignity and self respect and it will halt their losing streak against India in World Cup...

  31. #31
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    94,281
    Mentioned
    1717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    This is all legacy stuff - lets try and deal with the situation today and see how it can be improved.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  32. #32
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    973
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    People often say that IPL doesn't allow Pak cricketers in it, yet conveniently forget who is to be blamed for that. Pak players played in the first season of IPL. And due to India not touring Pak in early 2009, the PCB barred it's players from participating in the second season on IPL in a *** for tat basis. What's even more funny is that Pak fans on PP were so happy back then when they got that news.
    And the drama from Pak at that time.... Initially sports ministry cleared then later went back....

    The idea by PCB at that time was not just jeopardizing IPL but the ICC World Cup 2011 as well, as India was the host... Apparently nothing worked for PCB as the saying goes, " Jaisi Karni Waisi Barni ".....

    Going forward both the boards and the government's need to talk and figure out a way as India Pak series will be financially great and also will help players improve their game as well... The recent court case and twitter comments from Imran hasn't helped but all is not lost, the best time could be 2020 once elections are over in Indoa.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    218
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sully3 View Post
    back wards stone age mentality mixing sports and politics

    the world moved on from mixing sports and politics in the 70's

    indians have a stone age mentality to this issue.
    Well India isn't the only nation which boycotts other nation in sports

    Arabs forced Israel to leave Asian Federations of various sports
    Though they play them in World Championships or Olympics

    Saudi Arabia/UAE etc boycott Qatar
    They have been trying to take away the hosting of 2022 FIFA WC from Qatar
    And even formed a new federation named SWAFF to lobby against Qatar at Asian level
    It's happening now
    Pls be updated


    what mentality do they have?

    Bilateral series in Cricket are just like friendlies and unless there are good relations between the two nations it wont be played
    It's a simple thing but u guys don't understand

    And we are well aware of why PCB wants to play us in cricket
    It's only for $$$$ nothing else

  34. #34
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    1,055
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    The India v Pakistan match at OT is sold out. 90% of ticket holders are Indian.

    Stop coming here with your patronising attitude as if your fans don’t want to see this match
    Just out of curiosity, what % of fans are Indian in say Ind vs NZ or a Ind vs WI matches?

  35. #35
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    6,385
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leg-side-flick View Post
    And the drama from Pak at that time.... Initially sports ministry cleared then later went back....

    The idea by PCB at that time was not just jeopardizing IPL but the ICC World Cup 2011 as well, as India was the host... Apparently nothing worked for PCB as the saying goes, " Jaisi Karni Waisi Barni ".....

    Going forward both the boards and the government's need to talk and figure out a way as India Pak series will be financially great and also will help players improve their game as well... The recent court case and twitter comments from Imran hasn't helped but all is not lost, the best time could be 2020 once elections are over in Indoa.
    I'm all from cricketing ties to resume.


    If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasnít arrived yet: Viv Richards

  36. #36
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    15,611
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USofA View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what % of fans are Indian in say Ind vs NZ or a Ind vs WI matches?
    So we are just another team like NZ and SA? These teams donít really have fans abroad the way Pakistan would. Why is this Match sold out in the first hour of the box office and the others are yet to be sold out?

  37. #37
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    15,611
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getting sick of the Indian fans on this forum who claim that the Indian public could care less about Playing Pakistan. Like what is your proof? The Indian Public would much rather see India v WI and SL repeatedly?


    "The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

  38. #38
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    943
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    So we are just another team like NZ and SA? These teams donít really have fans abroad the way Pakistan would. Why is this Match sold out in the first hour of the box office and the others are yet to be sold out?
    Maybe the teams don't play that often and hence the interest?

  39. #39
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    15,611
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Balthazar View Post
    Maybe the teams don't play that often and hence the interest?
    No the interest is very clear. India v Pakistan especially in a world cup is a gigantic fixture and ICC bends its rules to have this clash on its schedule. The fixture is made even more special with the streak of Pakistan never beating India in a world cup also. In England, Indian fans are extremely sharp at buying the tickets for this match and 90% of the crowed is still Indian even when the vast majority of tickets purchased by Pakistanis are second hand from Indians.

    The match is then sensationalised and hyped up by the media from across both borders, special talk shows and heated debates. Tall claims by the Pakistani experts etc. Mauka Mauka ad campaign, why are the media seriously milking the cash cow if there is no genuine interest in this match by the Indian Public? Let me remind you that the Mauka Mauka campaign is an Indian initiative. Why do the A list celebs of India make a special effort to be visible in the crowed for this match?


    "The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

  40. #40
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    806
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Getting sick of the Indian fans on this forum who claim that the Indian public could care less about Playing Pakistan. Like what is your proof? The Indian Public would much rather see India v WI and SL repeatedly?
    The interest is bcoz we seldom play, so there is an extra excitement in media and fans when these two teams meet considering the political issues. It does not get hyped up bcoz Pak is some quality cricket team and beating them is a bench mark. Lol

    Even in Asia cup, I was so excited for the 1st game (19 sept game). 2nd match on 23rd, I was like Meh.

    If Ind and Pak plays regularly, the hype will no where near as its now. It will be just another bilateral game whose viewership is dwarfed by IPL.

  41. #41
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    943
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    No the interest is very clear. India v Pakistan especially in a world cup is a gigantic fixture and ICC bends its rules to have this clash on its schedule. The fixture is made even more special with the streak of Pakistan never beating India in a world cup also. In England, Indian fans are extremely sharp at buying the tickets for this match and 90% of the crowed is still Indian even when the vast majority of tickets purchased by Pakistanis are second hand from Indians.

    The match is then sensationalised and hyped up by the media from across both borders, special talk shows and heated debates. Tall claims by the Pakistani experts etc. Mauka Mauka ad campaign, why are the media seriously milking the cash cow if there is no genuine interest in this match by the Indian Public? Let me remind you that the Mauka Mauka campaign is an Indian initiative. Why do the A list celebs of India make a special effort to be visible in the crowed for this match?
    Any important Indian matches will garner similar interest among Indian fans. If Pakistan and India have been playing frequently, I don't think that was the case. Rivalry has long been dead.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    15,611
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    The interest is bcoz we seldom play, so there is an extra excitement in media and fans when these two teams meet considering the political issues. It does not get hyped up bcoz Pak is some quality cricket team and beating them is a bench mark. Lol

    Even in Asia cup, I was so excited for the 1st game (19 sept game). 2nd match on 23rd, I was like Meh.

    If Ind and Pak plays regularly, the hype will no where near as its now. It will be just another bilateral game whose viewership is dwarfed by IPL.
    Without IPL Pakistan is 12 points ahead of India in the T20 rankings. India and their players are practically playing cricket every week so for them to say that T20 isnt an important format would be hypocritical


    "The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

  43. #43
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    806
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Without IPL Pakistan is 12 points ahead of India in the T20 rankings. India and their players are practically playing cricket every week so for them to say that T20 isnt an important format would be hypocritical
    Sorry? Which part of my post that you hv quoted have I ever talked about T20s?

  44. #44
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    15,611
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    Sorry? Which part of my post that you hv quoted have I ever talked about T20s?
    Lol so now you would deny the existence of T20is just like the rivalry

    Rivalry Denialist.


    "The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

  45. #45
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    26,213
    Mentioned
    1395 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    The India v Pakistan match at OT is sold out. 90% of ticket holders are Indian.

    Stop coming here with your patronising attitude as if your fans donít want to see this match
    Its a world cup match.

    If fans would really want indo pak match they would be protesting and asking the govt to allow the matches.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    26,213
    Mentioned
    1395 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Pakistani players were hot property in T20 cricket in 2009. PCB was on its high horse and thought that by barring its players, it will be able to sabotage the IPL.

    In their minds, a T20 league could not thrive without Pakistani players.

    However, 10 years on, the IPL is now a bigger brand than Pakistan cricket itself, and the absence of our players has not been felt at all.

    That is why taking decisions with bad intentions, as well as to sabotage others usually backfire.

    PCB shot itself in the foot and deprived itís players of millions, who have spent the last decade looking at the IPL with envy and have made regular statements of how they wish they could be a part of it.
    The second biggest mistake may be this court case that PCB did.

  47. #47
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    26,213
    Mentioned
    1395 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Getting sick of the Indian fans on this forum who claim that the Indian public could care less about Playing Pakistan. Like what is your proof? The Indian Public would much rather see India v WI and SL repeatedly?
    There are teams like SA Aus Eng NZ also. India plays them too.

  48. #48
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    26,213
    Mentioned
    1395 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Without IPL Pakistan is 12 points ahead of India in the T20 rankings. India and their players are practically playing cricket every week so for them to say that T20 isnt an important format would be hypocritical
    Because India doesnt play as many T20s as Pakistan. Secondly India is far ahead of Pakistan in ODI and Test rankings.

  49. #49
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    10,380
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    There is only one word to describe this and that is 'hypocrisy'. When it was our turn to host Pakistan post 2008 Mumbai attacks we invited them in 2012 'Aane Do' series but after that we couldn't even play against them in UAE?

  50. #50
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    15,611
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Because India doesnt play as many T20s as Pakistan. Secondly India is far ahead of Pakistan in ODI and Test rankings.
    OMG check the rankings and games played lololololololol


    "The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

  51. #51
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    10,380
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    OMG check the rankings and games played lololololololol
    I know we play a lot of Pyjama Cricket for 2 months and hardly anyone can beat us in that. But I would like to know how many T20I did we play as compared to Pakistan? Thanks in advance.

  52. #52
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    15,611
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Its a world cup match.

    If fans would really want indo pak match they would be protesting and asking the govt to allow the matches.
    Oh so they dont protest therefore they have zero interest?

    Pakistan has lost a lot of its star performers who were very popular on both sides of the border and this for me is a reason why there could be a lack of interest. I can imagine even Pakistanis are not inspired to follow Imad Wasim or Mohammad Hafeez


    "The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

  53. #53
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    15,611
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    I know we play a lot of Pyjama Cricket for 2 months and hardly anyone can beat us in that. But I would like to know how many T20I did we play as compared to Pakistan? Thanks in advance.
    So you are saying that If India plays an equal amount of t20 they would be number one ranked?


    "The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

  54. #54
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    10,380
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    There are teams like SA Aus Eng NZ also. India plays them too.
    Then there are India A, India B and India C also. I don't know if it was you or someone else who said this that India can survive without international cricket and is good enough to create three teams full of Indian players. Even if they play against each other whole India will be watching them.

  55. #55
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    United Kingdom
    Runs
    5,897
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leg-side-flick View Post
    Somehow Pakistan was still stuck with it in 2009.... They thought by not sending Pak players IPL would be jeopardized buy ten years since then we know the story
    So basicly no that indian goverment has not played pakistan in a bilaterral series for 10 years there must be absoutley zero terrorism inside India as playing pakistan in cricket fuels terrorism according to indian goverment

    Your goverment is taking you indians for a ride telling you that by not playing pakistan in billaterial series stops terrorism inside India. But dont have any issues playing Pak in ICC tournaments because terrorists take a day off from doing bad things whenever Pak - India play each other in ICC matches.

    laughable as it gets and embrassing for india as to why they link sports and politics togther. I would rather india goverment just come out and say the truth that we dont play pakistan in a bialateral series because we dont want PCB to make money and get richer.

    all this terrorism, politics is absolute ** indian goverment says to its people. its only about pakistan cricket not becoming richer and improving thats it. Indians and their goverment need to stop lying to its own people

  56. #56
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    10,380
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    So you are saying that If India plays an equal amount of t20 they would be number one ranked?
    I wanted to ask the number of T20I matches India played.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 10th November 2018 at 16:49.

  57. #57
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    806
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think people overlooked my post in this thread. Pls read the real reason India don't play Pakistan. Hope it clears all confusion.

    BCCI dont want to give a single penny to PCB. India series is a money maker for all countries and playing bilaterals with Pakistan meaning PCB making money at India's expense. This is something that BCCI dont want. Remember, playing against India is a privilege and not a right. BCCI want to deprive PCB of that privilege as a punishment for Pakistan govt not acting against Mumbai murderers.

    This is the only truth...rest all govt clearance, border tension etc. is just hogwash. In ICC events, all board gets equal money from ICC and PCB dont earn anything extra by playing India. So BCCI has no issues there. India will lose points by not playing against Pak in ICC events is a lie as well. If BCCI wants, they can easily keep Ind and Pak in seperate groups by requesting ICC. But they dont care bcoz ICC makes money from that game.
    @Rana @Bhaag Viru Bhaag

  58. #58
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    United Kingdom
    Runs
    5,897
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanRyan10 View Post
    Well India isn't the only nation which boycotts other nation in sports

    Arabs forced Israel to leave Asian Federations of various sports
    Though they play them in World Championships or Olympics

    Saudi Arabia/UAE etc boycott Qatar
    They have been trying to take away the hosting of 2022 FIFA WC from Qatar
    And even formed a new federation named SWAFF to lobby against Qatar at Asian level
    It's happening now
    Pls be updated


    what mentality do they have?

    Bilateral series in Cricket are just like friendlies and unless there are good relations between the two nations it wont be played
    It's a simple thing but u guys don't understand

    And we are well aware of why PCB wants to play us in cricket
    It's only for $$$$ nothing else
    what Qatar boycott everyone is going to be in Qatar for the world cup even the saudis. stop beleiving in propoganda

    And good luck if you indians think you can force pakistan to quit asian federations.

    Has terrorism in India stopped now that the indian goverment has stopped any series for the last 10 years ??

    And do the terrorists take a day off from doing bad things whenever Pak v india happens in a ICC event ?

    Indian goverment takes you indians for fools and expects the world to believe it. Had any one believed indias stance on not playing pak due to politics and accussing Pak of terrorism then other countries would have followed suit in not playing Pak. Sorry but no one buys this indian bogus theory and the world left behind mixing sports and politics in the 70's as its not beenfical and doesnt get any results.

    Indian goverment stop lying to your people and say the truth that Playing Pak hasnt got anything to do with Politics or terrorism. you indians dont want to play us because you dont want Pak cricket to get richer and improve its so simple.

    stop hiding behing the terrorism card when india itself spreads systemtic terrorism inside pakistan and the neighbourhood. and if any doubt pls ask any of indians neighbours what it thinks of india in the neighbourhood.

  59. #59
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    4,280
    Mentioned
    430 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Then there are India A, India B and India C also. I don't know if it was you or someone else who said this that India can survive without international cricket and is good enough to create three teams full of Indian players. Even if they play against each other whole India will be watching them.
    Please try and follow American sports if you want answers to that question. Not only is their top level sport very popular but even the college level sports are quite popular.


    Sydney Bangalore Manchester Centurion Durban Jo'burg Mohali Colombo Dhaka Adelaide Kolkata

  60. #60
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    973
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sully3 View Post
    So basicly no that indian goverment has not played pakistan in a bilaterral series for 10 years there must be absoutley zero terrorism inside India as playing pakistan in cricket fuels terrorism according to indian goverment

    Your goverment is taking you indians for a ride telling you that by not playing pakistan in billaterial series stops terrorism inside India. But dont have any issues playing Pak in ICC tournaments because terrorists take a day off from doing bad things whenever Pak - India play each other in ICC matches.

    laughable as it gets and embrassing for india as to why they link sports and politics togther. I would rather india goverment just come out and say the truth that we dont play pakistan in a bialateral series because we dont want PCB to make money and get richer.

    all this terrorism, politics is absolute ** indian goverment says to its people. its only about pakistan cricket not becoming richer and improving thats it. Indians and their goverment need to stop lying to its own people
    You seem to have reading comprehension issues, read and understand my post again....

    As a heads up, it was PCB who boycotted first, BCCI simply followed the hypocrisy

  61. #61
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    973
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Then there are India A, India B and India C also. I don't know if it was you or someone else who said this that India can survive without international cricket and is good enough to create three teams full of Indian players. Even if they play against each other whole India will be watching them.
    India is only boycotting Pak bilateral matches, how does that translate into India being without international cricket

  62. #62
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    10,380
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leg-side-flick View Post
    India is only boycotting Pak bilateral matches, how does that translate into India being without international cricket
    Read the post again. May be then you will get it.

  63. #63
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    26,122
    Mentioned
    1213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    I wanted to ask the number of T20I matches India played.
    Since the last World T20.



    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  64. #64
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    10,380
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Since the last World T20.

    But @cricketjoshila jee was saying that we don't play as many T20's as Pakistan? We are head to head as far as number of matches are concerned. Infact we will take the lead tomorrow after playing 3rd T20 against West Indies.


    Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru

  65. #65
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    806
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    But @cricketjoshila jee was saying that we don't play as many T20's as Pakistan? We are head to head as far as number of matches are concerned. Infact we will take the lead tomorrow after playing 3rd T20 against West Indies.
    Not sure what T20 got to do with this thread. Its about India not playing Pak in bilaterals. Even if Pakistan turns out to be Clive Lloyds WI tomorrow, BCCI will still not play bilaterals due to the reasons I stated above. So these cryings, look we are good in T20s, we hv high W/L ratio etc is meaningless here.

  66. #66
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    973
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Read the post again. May be then you will get it.
    Read it, nobody talked about India A / B / C apart from you...

  67. #67
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    344
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Since the last World T20.

    how many of them were against invitational sides. Pakistan does play lot of weak sides.

  68. #68
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    344
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan is no way better than India as T20 side.

  69. #69
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    344
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the topic Mr.Mani , PCB is free to boycott its matches against India in all tournaments. India will play Pakistan in a bilateral series when it chooses and feels it is right to play them.

    I don't see how you are different from Mr.Sethi , his main agenda while in office was talking about India.

  70. #70
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    15,611
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jadaja View Post
    Pakistan is no way better than India as T20 side.
    Delusional.

  71. #71
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    15,611
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jadaja View Post
    how many of them were against invitational sides. Pakistan does play lot of weak sides.
    Haan Haan, India plays New Zealand and England every week

  72. #72
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    26,213
    Mentioned
    1395 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Haan Haan, India plays New Zealand and England every week
    This year india has played T20s in SA and Eng and will play in Aus next.

    No zimbabwe or ala carte 11 to pad up stats you see.

  73. #73
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    344
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Delusional.
    There is nothing delusional about it. Pakistan is not a better side than India in any format. In t20 they would beat Pakistan 8 out 10 times. Odis they would be 9 out ten times.Tests it is not even a contest.This not Australian team we are talking about.

  74. #74
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    3,497
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lot of Pakistanis still play against India in bilaterals and IPL Moeen ALi, Adil Rashid, Usman Khawaja, Imran Tahir

  75. #75
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    227
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    Lot of Pakistanis still play against India in bilaterals and IPL Moeen ALi, Adil Rashid, Usman Khawaja, Imran Tahir
    By that logic all pakistanis who once were indian ....are indian :-p


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •