User Tag List

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does New Zealand have a better chance of winning the 2019 World Cup than England or India?

Nz looks like a very balanced team. Team has Guptill, Munro, Taylor, Williamson in batting. Good bowlers in Boult, Southee, Henry, Santner and a brilliant fielding unit as always.
    Also they always punch above their weight in WCs, 5 time semi finalists and last WC runners up. What are their chances in 2019WC?

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't think so.

Top 3 are England, India and Pakistan. Then Australia followed by NZ and SA.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Btw Munro averages 25 in ODIs.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They heavily depend on boult to strike with new ball.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Nope, we're a weaker version of India.

They're better than us in every area - their top 3 kills ours, their middle order while weak is still better than ours, their lower order and bowlers are better than ours.

We rely on taking wickets early with the new ball, if we don't, then teams can easily build a platform, our bowlers simply lack penetration in the middle overs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed216 View Post
    They heavily depend on boult to strike with new ball.
    Yes, if he doesn't strike with the new ball, the only way we get wickets is from the batsmen's errors.
    Last edited by Aman; 10th November 2018 at 09:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    Don't think so.

Top 3 are England, India and Pakistan. Then Australia followed by NZ and SA.
    I've been saying this for months but people thought I was being pessimistic. We did nothing to win that first game and if Pakistan actually showed up, they probably would have won the series 2-0. We have way too many holes and are going to get smashed in the WC. No anti jinxing or whatever, this team is really weak. Bangladesh and WI are fully capable of beating them in a series, you just need to watch them play to realize this team is not going to factor in much next year. You may as well skip to the SFs now.
    Last edited by Aman; 10th November 2018 at 09:14.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they reach the semis, then they have the same chances as any other team.

Right now, I see ENG, IND & SA as the 3 teams who should definitely be in the semis. If Australia can come out of the doldrums then I expect them to take the fourth slot otherwise it'll be a battle between NZ & PAK for that slot.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_outsider View Post
    If they reach the semis, then they have the same chances as any other team.

Right now, I see ENG, IND & SA as the 3 teams who should definitely be in the semis. If Australia can come out of the doldrums then I expect them to take the fourth slot otherwise it'll be a battle between NZ & PAK for that slot.
    SA above Pakistan and Aus?

Australia are a champion team who rises for the WC, with Smith and Warner back they'll be lethal. They don't crumble under pressure like most.

I'd back Pakistan to beat SA when it matters, I don't think SA have a strong team like they usually do for ICC events this time around either.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How come Indian middle order better than Nz?
    Taylor, Williamson, Corey Anderson, Neesham vs Kohli, Rayudu, Jadhav, grandpa.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    SA above Pakistan and Aus?

Australia are a champion team who rises for the WC, with Smith and Warner back they'll be lethal. They don't crumble under pressure like most.

I'd back Pakistan to beat SA when it matters, I don't think SA have a strong team like they usually do for ICC events this time around either.
    Have you seen what Boult and Furguson are doing to the Pak batsmen on these benign UAE pitches?

How do you reckon they will handle Steyn, Rabada and Ngidi on English pitches that have pace and bounce?

SA arguably have the best pace bowling lineup for the WC and in de Kock, Amla and Faf, they have 3 batsmen who are better than any batsman in the Pakistani lineup. And in the field, they have always been 10/10.

SA may choke like they tend to do. But on paper I don't see Pakistani batsmen standing up to this SA bowling attack. A lot of teams may struggle against this bowling attack, actually.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Have you seen what Boult and Furguson are doing to the Pak batsmen on these benign UAE pitches?

How do you reckon they will handle Steyn, Rabada and Ngidi on English pitches that have pace and bounce?

SA arguably have the best pace bowling lineup for the WC and in de Kock, Amla and Faf, they have 3 batsmen who are better than any batsman in the Pakistani lineup. And in the field, they have always been 10/10.

SA may choke like they tend to do. But on paper I don't see Pakistani batsmen standing up to this SA bowling attack. A lot of teams may struggle against this bowling attack, actually.
    They'll find it easier to handle the pace and bounce on true surfaces.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Batting of Nzl is weak atm. In the current series. Guptill is not in the squad. Munro I would say is a hit or miss show, Williamson isn't scoring runs, Taylor is almost near the end of his career. New Zealand bowling although is brilliant! Specialy pacers.

If you Can Believe In Something, Than why not believe In Yourself.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    They'll find it easier to handle the pace and bounce on true surfaces.
    Fakhar and Babar will. But Malik, Hafeez, Imam, Sarfraz? No. They will find it even more difficult.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been saying this for months but people thought I was being pessimistic. We did nothing to win that first game and if Pakistan actually showed up, they probably would have won the series 2-0. We have way too many holes and are going to get smashed in the WC. No anti jinxing or whatever, this team is really weak. Bangladesh and WI are fully capable of beating them in a series, you just need to watch them play to realize this team is not going to factor in much next year. You may as well skip to the SFs now.
    I agree. A lot depends on Boult with new ball or Guptill at top. But in last 1-1.5 years, Guptill has failed to take his game to another level like Rohit Sharma did. Williamson just doesn't have that gear and he can win you matches where Boult does the damage early on and restrict opposition under 250 but apart from that, he will mostly succumb as well. Taylor is in good form and that is what has been a saviour for you.

I think if you push beyond capability, you will get to semis but I don't see NZ beating India or Pakistan or even current England in England in semis.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fakhar and Babar will. But Malik, Hafeez, Imam, Sarfraz? No. They will find it even more difficult.
    Seting ducks.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it is India and Eng world cup to lose.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ARK Rafay View Post
    Batting of Nzl is weak atm. In the current series. Guptill is not in the squad. Munro I would say is a hit or miss show, Williamson isn't scoring runs, Taylor is almost near the end of his career. New Zealand bowling although is brilliant! Specialy pacers.
    I don't get why people say this, I don't think we have a good bowling attack. We can't buy a wicket in the middle overs and rely on their being movement early for Boult and Southee to do well.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    I agree. A lot depends on Boult with new ball or Guptill at top. But in last 1-1.5 years, Guptill has failed to take his game to another level like Rohit Sharma did. Williamson just doesn't have that gear and he can win you matches where Boult does the damage early on and restrict opposition under 250 but apart from that, he will mostly succumb as well. Taylor is in good form and that is what has been a saviour for you.

I think if you push beyond capability, you will get to semis but I don't see NZ beating India or Pakistan or even current England in England in semis.
    Agreed, the only player I back to score runs when it matters is Taylor and he's not getting any younger. Kane is not a match winner, he rarely steps up and needs others around him to contribute to win. Kohli, Warner, AB etc. can win you a match on their own.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KP From India View Post
    How come Indian middle order better than Nz?
    Taylor, Williamson, Corey Anderson, Neesham vs Kohli, Rayudu, Jadhav, grandpa.
    Corey Anderson and Neesham are not international standard batsmen.

Kohli alone can double, if not triple what our #5, #6, #7 and #8 make combined.
    Last edited by Aman; 10th November 2018 at 10:26.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why not? potentially a star studded lineup, iff everyone is fit.
    Satner, Anderson and Guptill are missing from current lineup.
    with Matt Henry and Neil Wagner and Adam Milne, They have an excellent backup seam attack.

Then again, they did lose to bangaldesh in the champions trophy. thats the only reason i can think of new zealand not being considered top favorites to win

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India
    England
    Newzealand

Top three contenders.

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SA bowling attack is definitely the best in the world, no doubts about it. However, keep in mind, Pakistan has beaten South Africa quite emphatically in the last two games they have played in ICC tournaments. This was with an ABD at his peak, and one where Steyn was breathing fire and bowling pretty quick. I give Pakistan more chances of beating SA than Aus or NZ in a knockout.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    SA bowling attack is definitely the best in the world, no doubts about it. However, keep in mind, Pakistan has beaten South Africa quite emphatically in the last two games they have played in ICC tournaments. This was with an ABD at his peak, and one where Steyn was breathing fire and bowling pretty quick. I give Pakistan more chances of beating SA than Aus or NZ in a knockout.
    Yes that's true. Pakistan beat SA both times. They will hold the psychological advantage.

But one should also keep in mind that it wasn't SA's bowling that failed them in those matches. Rather it was their batting. SA had bolwed Pak out for 200 odd if I remember correctly in 2015.

And most importantly, this is the first time SA will play Steyn, Rabada and Ngidi together in a tournament. In 2015, they only had Steyn and in 2017 they only had Rabada. So this SA pace attack is certainly going to be much stronger than they were in those last 2 occasions.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    England have proven time and time again that their batting is so monstrous their bowlers dont have much work to do. NZ have a better bowling line up but their batting is nowhere near that level.

If England combine their clear ODI superiority with mental toughness, no one touches them next year throughout the tournament. They are just that good.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ind are relying on top 3 batsman to win the world cup
    Eng are relying on David Willy to win them world cup. NOT going to happen

Australia all the way

Jammy hit & miss teams like pak windies might make it to the final.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AAli98 View Post
    Ind are relying on top 3 batsman to win the world cup
    Eng are relying on David Willy to win them world cup. NOT going to happen

Australia all the way

Jammy hit & miss teams like pak windies might make it to the final.
    Australia has a major weakness - not a single decent spinner. That's going to really hurt them in the middle overs.

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    No. England and India are favourites. English batting is stronger than India but India's bowling is excellent.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you seen Pak vs SA CT match? Rabada was hit for quite a lot of runs including 6 from Fakhar to mid on. Now suddenly whats that extra thing in their bowling? Steyn and Ngidi? Morkel was there at that time.

Wickets are fast in Eng which I guess is what most batsmen prefer in ODIs.
    Last edited by Titan24; 10th November 2018 at 13:08.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes that's true. Pakistan beat SA both times. They will hold the psychological advantage.

But one should also keep in mind that it wasn't SA's bowling that failed them in those matches. Rather it was their batting. SA had bolwed Pak out for 200 odd if I remember correctly in 2015.

And most importantly, this is the first time SA will play Steyn, Rabada and Ngidi together in a tournament. In 2015, they only had Steyn and in 2017 they only had Rabada. So this SA pace attack is certainly going to be much stronger than they were in those last 2 occasions.
    True. Although, there's still time for any one or even two of them to not be available for the World Cup

Will be a good contest. I give Pakistan more of a chance for competing with top teams in England. It's where they have played quite good cricket recently, but making the semi-finals will be quite difficult with the current squad.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    England and India are the favourites.

Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India has almost no chance of winning the WC under clueless captain Kohli and that talentless, shameless bootlicking good for nothing Ravi Shastri. Moreover we have become number 1 chokers of cricket in these last few editions of ICC trophies. I expect us to reach the semis easily because of our consistency but Eng, Pak, Aus and NZ are much more likelier to win the World Cup. Then there is the added curse of IPL just before the real cricket, have a nagging suspicion that some of our heavyweights will injure themselves in IPL and mental midget Rahane will spearhead our campaign with Unadkat as bowling leader LOL.

SA is another joke team who won't win a KO match even if they have to face a depleted Afghanistan in a Durban type pitch. For that matter put SA in a women's WC and the jokers will surrender in front of Kaur/Lanning/Perry in a big match, that's how hopeless they are.

My favourites right now:

Tier 1: England (hosts and no 1 team), Pakistan (lethal in England), Australia (greatest WC team, will peak as usual). 90% chance that one of these 3 will lift the cup.

Tier 2: NZ (dark horse, suited to those conditions, underestimate at your own peril) 9% chance

[daylight]

Tier 3: India, WI, Bangladesh combined 1% chance

No chance: SA, Sri Lanka, Afghanistan

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't get why people say this, I don't think we have a good bowling attack. We can't buy a wicket in the middle overs and rely on their being movement early for Boult and Southee to do well.
    Because it is. Lockie Ferguson is your man to get wickets in the middle. And I don't understand why Matt Henry is being used as last (fifth bowler) below Boult, Southee, Mline and Ferguson?

If you Can Believe In Something, Than why not believe In Yourself.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    World cricket standard must be at a all time low, for people to be saying NZ are favourites for a ICC trophy!!

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Far too many people here are overrating india, yes we are good with probably the best top 3 in world cricket and a bowling lineup varied enough to be competitive on any pitch but you all are discounting the lack of a single brain cell between kohli, his ******* and the 3 stooges also known as our selectors.

Our captain lacks the brains or luck to make good decisions in tight situations, the ******* is utterly useless and spineless and the selectors lack any forethought or even rudimentary analytical skills given we have seen dhoni and co fail over and over again with no change. As good as we are, we aren't good enough to beat that.