User Tag List

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[VIDEO] Adam Zampa under scanner for ball tampering in 2nd ODI between Australia and South Africa

https://www.newsnation.in/sports-new...le-206698.html

The ongoing ODI series between Australia and South Africa is the first encounter between the sides since the acrimonious ball-tampering scandal in the Newlands Test. There has been little talk about that incident in this series, with both Australia and South Africa both shying away from being overly aggressive.

However, it seems that the ball-tampering scandal is still lurking in the backdrop. Australia’s seven-run win in Adelaide helped them snap their seven-match losing streak in ODIs but in the aftermath of the win, a footage has emerged on social media involving legspinner Adam Zampa.

A Twitter user uploaded a footage involving Zampa suspiciously rubbing the ball. In the 42nd over, with South Africa needing 47 off 48 balls to win with three wickets in hand, skipper Aaron Finch turned to Zampa for the breakthrough.

Before bowling the over, Zampa put his right arm in his pocket and seemed to be fiddling inside for 10 seconds. After that, he has an exchange with Glenn Maxwell, takes his hand out of the pocket and vigorously rubs the ball. This prompted several users to allege that Australia’s win was stained by ball-tampering.

No official word has come from either the South African or Australian players or officials. The ICC have not commented on this issue.

Last edited by Abdullah719; 10th November 2018 at 12:23.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Oh dear me That doesn’t look good And after everything that’s happened you’d have thought it’s the last thing they’d do again....

If pakistan cricket is to move forward they need to stop going back

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Hope this gets investigated.

Politics trumps intelligence (pun intended).

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Oh dear. This doesnt look too good. Suspicious indeed.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Time to legalize ball tampering.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hmm, tbh that doesn't look as convincing as a tampering incident and thus I can't see anything coming of it. He could clearly say he was keeping his bowling hand warm [heated gel] inside the pocket.

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    But we were told these games would stop tampering. Missing the IPL was more than enough punishment.

Hopefully this is looked into.

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    Hmm, tbh that doesn't look as convincing as a tampering incident and thus I can't see anything coming of it. He could clearly say he was keeping his bowling hand warm [heated gel] inside the pocket.
    lol itís not like heís playing cricket in England in April where he needs hand warmers.

Looks pretty suspicious indeed.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do they lack brain cells? Why would they even think of doing anything that would look suspicious?

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasnít arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Elite honesty!

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    657 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Nothing wrong in what he did.

No tampering at all.

Where is it? Do you guys even see anything? Just going by masala reports of a fake news IND outlet?! They're not credible anyway.

Stop.

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sydney, Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hand warmers in the Australian summer? Looks dodgy indeed

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I saw that live when he was doing it and it wasn't tampering. Stop this fake reports and threads.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boi View Post
    lol it’s not like he’s playing cricket in England in April where he needs hand warmers.

Looks pretty suspicious indeed.
    Doesn't have to be playing in in England. That could easily be a valid excuse and no hard evidence is shown barring that clip. Until then it's easier to throw mud rather than refrain.

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by angrypathan View Post
    Hand warmers in the Australian summer? Looks dodgy indeed
    Some people are different

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Nothing wrong in what he did.

No tampering at all.

Where is it? Do you guys even see anything? Just going by masala reports of a fake news IND outlet?! They're not credible anyway.

Stop.
    It's embarrassing

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Orlando, FL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anakwalajinn View Post
    Elite honesty!

Defined by head chief crook Langer 'I did not Knick it after 17 years' man LOL

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Orlando, FL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Video in OP does look a bit fishy, investigation should be done considering the Elite Cheats they have had in their setup...one is the coach now!

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsee View Post
    Video in OP does look a bit fishy, investigation should be done considering the Elite Cheats they have had in their setup...one is the coach now!
    Justin Langer is a cheat because he refused to walk after nicking one of Akram? Or is he a cheat because he refused to admit it for a long time? That would make him a liar, not a cheat.

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasnít arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1721 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsee View Post
    Defined by head chief crook Langer 'I did not Knick it after 17 years' man LOL
    And refined by Starc.

AUSSIE fast bowler Mitchell Starc has shed light on Australia’s latest attempt at cleaning up the dressing room — the now infamous “Elite Honesty” tag — in an interview with former AFL star Garry Lyon.

Australia was mercilessly ribbed around the world after a picture of their refurbished dressing room went viral following the damning Cricket Australia review, which concluded the international team needed a drastic culture change.

Shane Warne in particular took aim at the review, stating more time should be spent doing things to improve instead of “writing 200 page reports”.

The Aussie left-armer said the questionable slogan was simply reinforcing the team’s need to keep the water clear between every player.

“For us, it’s being honest to one another,” Starc told SEN Breakfast Thursday morning.

“It’s being honest to the guys and the complete truth of what you’re giving for the team and the elite honesty there is being completely honest with everyone in the group.

“That’s one of our pillars now.”

One of the major talking points surrounding Australia’s culture shift has been sledging. Many have called for a no tolerance policy on unsportsmanlike behaviour in an effort to rebuild their tarnished international reputation after the March ball tampering fiasco.

Starc, now a veteran within the current baggy green squad, insisted players knew where to draw the line.

“The best way to put it is, there’s a big difference between banter and abuse,” he said.

“There’s always going to be a bit of banter. There’s plenty of banter off the field with our guys and I guess for me, I’ve never really been a big one on sledging.

“There are times where you go out and have a bit of a niggle and you’re playing against opposition a lot these days, whether it’s a five-match series, or you’re playing with them in the IPL, or in county cricket, you know the opposition a lot more these days.”

The 28-year-old suggested umpires interfering between players’ banter could end up making the situation look a lot worse.

“I think when the umpires try to get involved a fair bit, it’s usually just harmless banter and they’re just trying to get involved and make it more than it is,” he said.

“We know where the line is. For me, it’s trying to create a presence there, but I don’t generally say too much as a bowler.

“You’ve got to know where the line is and not overstep it. Look, the Australian cricket is still going to play aggressive cricket, but you’ve got to know where the line is.”

It was going to be discussed at some point or another in the commentary box this summer.

Australia’s dressing room went viral for all the wrong reasons this week after “Elite Honesty” went viral.

Fans, ex-players and commentators around the world joined in to ridicule the move, set in motion by the damning 145-page Cricket Australia review this week, questioning what on earth could “elite” honesty mean.

It took Shane Warne half a day’s play into the Australian summer before addressing the elephant in the room.

The former Aussie leg-spinner said the time for talking was over, suggesting a “shut up and play” attitude was needed after a horror year for Australia’s reputation.

“Can I just cut to the chase here and just say: They need to find the best captain for each form of the game and say ‘guys, run with me’,” he said during South Africa’s dismantling of Australia in Perth over the weekend. “Forget the words, forget the verbal diarrhoea.

“It’s just rubbish all this stuff. It makes you vomit. At the end of the day cricket is a simple game, a performance based game.

“On the field it’s all about actions. Get the captain and the vice-captain to lead the way and the players will follow. None of these 200 page documents and writing stuff up,

just get out there and play better.”

https://www.news.com.au/sport/cricke...f7621da26b4aa1

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like heís casually walking to his bowling mark up with his hand in his pocket. I donít see anything here of worthy of discussing.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks suspicious because whatever his right hand was doing in the pocket becomes a question simply because he rubs the same hand on the ball.

This beach boy really seems clueless!

"The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    It looks suspicious because whatever his right hand was doing in the pocket becomes a question simply because he rubs the same hand on the ball.

This beach boy really seems clueless!
    So thats the only way Aussies can win now a days? Its a shame.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Orlando, FL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Justin Langer is a cheat because he refused to walk after nicking one of Akram? Or is he a cheat because he refused to admit it for a long time? That would make him a liar, not a cheat.

Cheat and Liar both because he suggested he didn't knick it, told everyone for years including his dad he didn't knick it...not sure if it qualifies under your moral compass but it does under other folks though

He cheated Pakistan out of a certain win, no question about that!
    Last edited by Monsee; 10th November 2018 at 15:26.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dream with me, smile with me and then go to ****.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    657 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam99 View Post
    I saw that live when he was doing it and it wasn't tampering. Stop this fake reports and threads.
    Doesn't have to be playing in in England. That could easily be a valid excuse and no hard evidence is shown barring that clip. Until then it's easier to throw mud rather than refrain.

Correct.

You really have to wonder, do these people actually watch cricket and know anything about it?

Any time camera is on the bowler, you'll always or a lot of the times find him or the supporting fielders "working" on the ball.

It's NOT tampering.

Nothing was on his hand either, no material, roughed the ball with nothing.

People in ignorance think just because a bowler or fielder's hand is on the ball, he's tampering you need to show them footage of how a ball is looked after.

Really stupid, fake and masala news from A NOTHING website. Who even knows or cares about this crap IND source?

No idea why people don't watch the full video and just come to the thread with "oh dear!!!!" , "Cheaattsss".

Sad.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Correct.

You really have to wonder, do these people actually watch cricket and know anything about it?

Any time camera is on the bowler, you'll always or a lot of the times find him or the supporting fielders "working" on the ball.

It's NOT tampering.

Nothing was on his hand either, no material, roughed the ball with nothing.

People in ignorance think just because a bowler or fielder's hand is on the ball, he's tampering you need to show them footage of how a ball is looked after.

Really stupid, fake and masala news from A NOTHING website. Who even knows or cares about this crap IND source?

No idea why people don't watch the full video and just come to the thread with "oh dear!!!!" , "Cheaattsss".

Sad.
    What exactly does a spinner need to tamper with the ball anyway? Vaseline? Bloody hell the sheer number of empty-headed replies too.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What exactly does a spinner need to tamper with the ball anyway? Vaseline? Bloody hell the sheer number of empty-headed replies too.
    He might not be doing it for himself. Did a pacer bowl after him?

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Start was getting some decent reverse. Knocked over Rabada with one that came back a long way which was a bit surprising considering the lushness of the outfield at Adelaide.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    He might not be doing it for himself. Did a pacer bowl after him?
    That would mean roughing it up. He put one hand, along with the ball, inside his pocket. Whatever he had I can almost bet wasn't another sandpaper-gate issue. What I do believe could be he had some sand in his pocket to get more grip, if anything.
    Last edited by Sherlock; 10th November 2018 at 17:02.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Elite Honesty. Yup.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks suspicious.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How long before ICC bans pockets in the playing trousers?

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good i remember back in the day any time was or waqar had the ball in their hands the western commies would always make sarcastic remarks to insinuate bad practise. glad the shoe is now on the other foot, all we need is al jazeera to name and shame the corrupt english players fixing games and we will see how hard ICC scramble to clear them

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    That would mean roughing it up. He put one hand, along with the ball, inside his pocket. Whatever he had I can almost bet wasn't another sandpaper-gate issue. What I do believe could be he had some sand in his pocket to get more grip, if anything.
    Which is ball tampering. If he roughs up the surface of ball with sand thats not fair.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Which is ball tampering. If he roughs up the surface of ball with sand thats not fair.
    I'm saying he didn't rough it up. The only way you can rough up the ball, one-handed, is if something like sandpaper is present. You can't rough up the ball with "sand", hence why players/spinners, mainly, use it to get a grip.
    Last edited by Sherlock; 11th November 2018 at 15:30.