Instagram

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 33 of 33
  1. #1
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    13,224
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    India [182/4] beat West Indies [181/3] by 7 wickets in the 3rd T20I to seal 3-0 series win

    The West Indies will be looking forward to going home after a disappointing tour of India - hopefully they'll at least make this match a competitive one although I won't be holding my breath.

  2. #2
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    13,224
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Windies have won the toss and have opted to bat.



    Teams:

    India (Playing XI): Rohit Sharma(c), Shikhar Dhawan, Rishabh Pant, Lokesh Rahul, Manish Pandey, Dinesh Karthik(w), Krunal Pandya, Washington Sundar, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, K Khaleel Ahmed, Yuzvendra Chahal

    Windies (Playing XI): Shai Hope, Shimron Hetmyer, Darren Bravo, Denesh Ramdin(w), Nicholas Pooran, Kieron Pollard, Carlos Brathwaite(c), Fabian Allen, Keemo Paul, Khary Pierre, Oshane Thomas

  3. #3
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    790
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    They should have benched the hack Pant and given a chance to S.Iyer! what's the point of selecting him and not giving him an chance even in a dead rubber?

  4. #4
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    13,224
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Excellent start by WIs considering how slow the pitch is.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    4,515
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India currently at 54/2(7/20) while chasing 182.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    13,224
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Pant and Dhawan have played really well.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    642
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rishabh Pant on fire, 47 runs from 29 balls till now.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Somewhere in Asia
    Runs
    130
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    They should have benched the hack Pant and given a chance to S.Iyer! what's the point of selecting him and not giving him an chance even in a dead rubber?
    You were saying.....

  9. #9
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Venue
    Pune Maharashtra
    Runs
    446
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What a boring series against this club level cricketers... Finished it off

  10. #10
    Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Runs
    3,962
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peshwa View Post
    What a boring series against this club level cricketers... Finished it off
    10 comments in a thread where India win 3-0 against the T20 WC champions. Shows how much people care about bilaterals. They really should just stick to leagues and the WC.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    642
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sachin136 View Post
    10 comments in a thread where India win 3-0 against the T20 WC champions. Shows how much people care about bilaterals. They really should just stick to leagues and the WC.
    The number of comments goes up a fair bit when India is losing

  12. #12
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    23,618
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The last ball should have been fielded and it would have been a super over.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    642
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India Win the match !!

  14. #14
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    16,650
    Mentioned
    501 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Nice match.Finally good to see Pant performing

    Krunal looks like a part timer and should be batting higher if hes playing

    Dissapointed with Rahul again.Too much talent for the shots he plays

    Pandey,Karthik have no business being in the team


    The only disability in life is a bad attitude. -Scott Hamilton

  15. #15
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    2,732
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saurav View Post
    Nice match.Finally good to see Pant performing

    Krunal looks like a part timer and should be batting higher if hes playing

    Dissapointed with Rahul again.Too much talent for the shots he plays

    Pandey,Karthik have no business being in the team
    Kartik has been superb in T20s in the last two years.

    And the way in which Rishab got out and the time he got out at, if I were the captain he'd get an earful.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    16,650
    Mentioned
    501 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_outsider View Post
    Kartik has been superb in T20s in the last two years.

    And the way in which Rishab got out and the time he got out at, if I were the captain he'd get an earful.
    Karthik has been good yes but looking at the future its better to invest in younger players

    Rishab won us the game playing like that.You can't have it both ways.He will learns as he grows.Reminds me of Sehwag atm


    The only disability in life is a bad attitude. -Scott Hamilton

  17. #17
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    2,732
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saurav View Post
    Karthik has been good yes but looking at the future its better to invest in younger players

    Rishab won us the game playing like that.You can't have it both ways.He will learns as he grows.Reminds me of Sehwag atm
    You certainly can. That's exactly why people like ABD and Buttler are regarded as great players. Not because of their crazy shots but because of their reliability. If Pant keeps batting like this without using any brain, he will just become another Maxwell, not ABD.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    335
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Manish Pandey should not be selected in this format again
    This guy doesn't even have a great IPL record still gets picked because of one off performances

    We need to play allrounders instead of specialist batsmen who score at a 120 SR

  19. #19
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    16,650
    Mentioned
    501 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_outsider View Post
    You certainly can. That's exactly why people like ABD and Buttler are regarded as great players. Not because of their crazy shots but because of their reliability. If Pant keeps batting like this without using any brain, he will just become another Maxwell, not ABD.
    Hes young,will learn by batting with seniors.Today's knock with Dhawan would have helped him for sure

    Its unfair to compare him to AB and Buttler.Both debuted at older age and yet took time to start finishing matches


    The only disability in life is a bad attitude. -Scott Hamilton

  20. #20
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    2,732
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saurav View Post
    Hes young,will learn by batting with seniors.Today's knock with Dhawan would have helped him for sure

    Its unfair to compare him to AB and Buttler.Both debuted at older age and yet took time to start finishing matches
    Yes that is what I am hoping for. That he will learn and grow. He certainly has the time to do so.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    16,650
    Mentioned
    501 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_outsider View Post
    Yes that is what I am hoping for. That he will learn and grow. He certainly has the time to do so.
    Yes.both him and Rahul have immense talent but very high risk games.Rahul should have matured by now

    Also I'm hoping Pant gets the gloves going forward.Might help his confidence


    The only disability in life is a bad attitude. -Scott Hamilton

  22. #22
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    5,805
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanRyan10 View Post
    Manish Pandey should not be selected in this format again
    This guy doesn't even have a great IPL record still gets picked because of one off performances

    We need to play allrounders instead of specialist batsmen who score at a 120 SR
    I guess he is considered to be a like for like for Kohli. He will be the first to go when Kohli gets back

  23. #23
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Montreal
    Runs
    1,265
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratz India on beating West Indies C team at home

  24. #24
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    6,954
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pant played well i think.Talent to look for.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,179
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Time to arrange ODI series against Zim D to boost averages.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    48
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saurav View Post
    Nice match.Finally good to see Pant performing

    Krunal looks like a part timer and should be batting higher if hes playing

    Dissapointed with Rahul again.Too much talent for the shots he plays

    Pandey,Karthik have no business being in the team
    Karthik has been better than pant or dhoni,what are you talking about
    With manish pandey out both of them can play

  27. #27
    Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    10,180
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricketlover11vns View Post
    Karthik has been better than pant or dhoni,what are you talking about
    With manish pandey out both of them can play
    Karthik has been the one of the average indian players who wore the cap. He is not the future. After remaining decade in the arena, he achieved nothing. Once in a blue moon he fires. Even Pakistani batsman has more quality and consistency than him.

    We don't need a batsman who is worse than Pakistani batsman.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    2,592
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    Karthik has been the one of the average indian players who wore the cap. He is not the future. After remaining decade in the arena, he achieved nothing. Once in a blue moon he fires. Even Pakistani batsman has more quality and consistency than him.

    We don't need a batsman who is worse than Pakistani batsman.
    Don't you know that there is a thing called Govt. Employee Policy in India? (Just like there was Seniority Policy in Pakistan)

  29. #29
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    2,732
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    Karthik has been the one of the average indian players who wore the cap. He is not the future. After remaining decade in the arena, he achieved nothing. Once in a blue moon he fires. Even Pakistani batsman has more quality and consistency than him.

    We don't need a batsman who is worse than Pakistani batsman.
    Karthik has been really good in T20s lately.

    Look at his T20 stats since his comeback last year. They are outstanding. SR of 150+

    If he can maintain this form, he can make a claim to play the 2020 T20WC.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    436
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nextover666666 View Post
    Congratz India on beating West Indies C team at home
    If you look at the last few bilateral and multilateral series, Indians have rested regulars and fielded new faces. So it has never been the first XI Indian side. For instance, in this match, Kohli, Bumrah, Kuldeep Yadav were missing and so it was an India C team.

    By the way, this West Indies side are the world champions in this format, with their captain the standout performer in that tournament.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    10,680
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    pant played well i think.Talent to look for.
    I am not impressed with the way he threw his wicket away in the end. If he wants to play the same role as Dhoni then he should learn to take responsibility. Also he tries too hard to hit the ball.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    6,954
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good thing is that India tried new faces.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    1,191
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This games proves once again (which everyone knew) that Manish Pandey is a mental midget and should never ever play for India.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •