Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inswing help

I am a natural outswing bowler. This winter I am working on my inswing, however I canít seem to bring it in if I bowl without my arm moving towards fine leg ie I cannot start outside off and bring the bowl in. Any help on the foot placement or arm movement is appreciated

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I haven't bowled medium pace in a very long time but I was a natural outswing bowler like you back in the day.

I finally learned how to swing it in a year or two back while messing about in the nets and the trick for me was to be a bit more chest on in my action for the inswinger. If you look at bowlers like Flintoff and Ntini who have very chest on actions, their stock delivery was bringing the ball back into the right hander.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
    I haven't bowled medium pace in a very long time but I was a natural outswing bowler like you back in the day.

I finally learned how to swing it in a year or two back while messing about in the nets and the trick for me was to be a bit more chest on in my action for the inswinger. If you look at bowlers like Flintoff and Ntini who have very chest on actions, their stock delivery was bringing the ball back into the right hander.
    Yes chest on works for me too. I am now working with a coach at the oval and he told me the problem is that I have a slingy arm action ala Malinga. I will need to have my arm higher if I wish to swing both ways without any noticeable change in my action. Thatís relearning how to bowl and I am feeling a bit mixed about it