Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Khurram manzooor is playing at 11 from 60 and Usman at 1 from 15.What a partnership going on In Pak VS ENg A.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hafeez doesn't need to hit boundaries here as well right now when Imam is striking so beautifully. Hafeez should just see out today and is doing well.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Connecticut
    Runs
    Mentioned
    677 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Good to see Imam doing well here. Finally a player who has the guts to take the attack to the opposition under pressure.

I've never lost a game I just ran out of time. Micheal Jordan

Debut
    Sep 2009
    Venue
    Great Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imam’s performances under pressure are a big tick for any player especially a youngster. Played well in Ireland under pressure also in Asia cup he was the lone warrior.

Definitely needs to improve his pacing of innings in ODIs but other than that he has shown a lot of potential with solid technique and temperament. If he can keep working hard he can surpass the expectations of many.

Debut
    Jul 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would still want him to do just ok for Pak to win this series but not good enough to get selected for SA.That is just a wishful thinking. This guy has some serious lobby behind him and I know that for fact since we have a close family relationship to a person who has been been involved with KCCA for decades. Eventhough he is not from Karachi, that circle has inside knowledge.

Best of The Best : Tendulkar - Wasim - Gilchrist

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Azhar fails in this innings too, will the management give Saad a chance? I don't think so.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imam haters in hiding

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1787 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shariqnoor View Post
    Imam is the first Pakistani opener in the last 10 years that I've seen who thinks based on match situations. He has a good match awareness about him. You just should've seen his innings against Ireland when Pakistan was chasing a similar target like today and were 14/3. Imam counter-attacked and was about 50 off 64 balls or something with 7-8 boundaries. He realized that counter attacking was the way to go then when the ball was seaming all around. He has a very good cricketing brain.

I wouldn't advocate for Imam to be in the ODIs if we had a clone of Fakhar on the bench. But we don't. He's a good investment in ODIs as well. Pakistan needs one batsman to play out the 50 overs and when Imam does that, he invariably ends up with a 90ish SR. That is good enough. In ODIs, the ball has to be carried by Babar Azam who comes in at 3, not Imam. Babar should be the one who needs to accelerate.
    He is not a LO opener - I hope he proves me wrong. Can't say exactly how, but probably after watching lots of cricket, somehow I can get an idea about the strength of a batsman - games counted by balls and surrounded by single stopping fielders is not his area. He can improve in future with ample chances, but there should be better ODI prospect. Mike Atherton could match anyone with his stroke play - but in couple of years time he (& ECB) realized that ODI is not his game. Imam is in same mould - it has nothing to do with shot play - Aussies hardly played Slater in ODI, when he used to bat Test in ODI tempo.

First instinct of an ODI batsman should be - "busy", try to steal a single at every ball; Imam is not tuned to that.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Salman4. View Post
    If Azhar fails in this innings too, will the management give Saad a chance? I don't think so.
    Senior tag is holy.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Jul 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Azhar Ali will not be dropped until after SA series..A GIVEN!

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricVet View Post
    I would still want him to do just ok for Pak to win this series but not good enough to get selected for SA.That is just a wishful thinking. This guy has some serious lobby behind him and I know that for fact since we have a close family relationship to a person who has been been involved with KCCA for decades. Eventhough he is not from Karachi, that circle has inside knowledge.
    Who is him? Imam or Hafeez?

Debut
    Jul 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hafeez

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    999 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    Khurram manzooor is playing at 11 from 60 and Usman at 1 from 15.What a partnership going on In Pak VS ENg A.
    Must be like watching paint dry.

Looking at the England Lions - they named a very strong bowling attack. J Overton and Porter are good future prospects while Wood and Bess have Test caps.

So a good test of this Pakistan A batting lineup, will expose the duds.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imam in Tests: SR 130+

Imam in ODIs: SR 60

I find it amusing.

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sydney, Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Outfield seems ridiculously quick now

Debut
    Jul 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hafeez ACTUALLY has a very respecting circle in Karachi. I do not know the reason though but they think Hafeez is a good player. I do not doubt his cricket knowledge as well but, this guy is a bottler to me in tough conditions

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Must be like watching paint dry.

Looking at the England Lions - they named a very strong bowling attack. J Overton and Porter are good future prospects while Wood and Bess have Test caps.

So a good test of this Pakistan A batting lineup, will expose the duds.
    Shan is back scoring 8 so lets hope Saud Shakil show some fight and score runs.

Debut
    Jul 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by angrypathan View Post
    Outfield seems ridiculously quick now
    It is now november so less moisture in the air - drier grass
    Last edited by CricVet; 18th November 2018 at 18:52.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fight back by Pakistan. Sultans of UAE are back in style. Favorite to win it comforrrrrtttably

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Great stuff from Imam. Gaining that psychological edge was so important. He completely shut NZ out. Dude has a great cricketing mind.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Time to drop Hasan Ali and Yasir Shah??

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1787 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Great day's cricket. 139 to win tmro and it'll be a new day - lots of cricket to play here.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nightwatchman Hafeez did a splendid job here.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    It is over I think. Either of Williamson or Raval will probably get a hundred and Taylor does not miss out in consecutive innings. Lower-order and the tail might join the party as well.

2-0 vs Sri Lanka, a drawn Test vs Australia without Smith and now this potential defeat. Apparently, we do not deserve our number 7 ranking and captaincy is not an issue. Everything is water under the bridge as long as we don't lose a series to England.
    Genius. We drew test but won series

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    Great stuff from Imam. Gaining that psychological edge was so important. He completely shut NZ out. Dude has a great cricketing mind.
    Glad that someone else also recognizes his game sense which most of our players from of last decade have been lacking and the ones which had little of that lacked ability. Imam is a good balance of skills and intelligence. He needs to sharpen his skills further for LOIs and I am sure he will.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Glad that someone else also recognizes his game sense which most of our players from of last decade have been lacking and the ones which had little of that lacked ability. Imam is a good balance of skills and intelligence. He needs to sharpen his skills further for LOIs and I am sure he will.
    Imam is a limited player especially against spin but he has a sharp mind and is a pressure player and for a team like Pakistan where we struggle batting under pressure such players are valuable.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    Shot selection was much better today too.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    Shot selection was much better today too.
    I don't think shot selection is a problem for him. He's too smart for that. It's mainly intent. He's often stuck in polar mindsets, either fully defensive or offensive. He plays high quality shots but he wastes far too many balls in-between. But when he plays with purpose, those useless periods in-between become more productive.

I just think he's been overcoached mentally and just needs that simple message of "playing with intent" drilled into his head.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Hasan Ali's massive differing fortunes between ODI and T20 Cricket clearly show how much of a difference reverse swing makes. By eliminating reverse swing from odi cricket, batsmen have it so much easier over the bowlers.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Hasan Ali's massive differing fortunes between ODI and T20 Cricket clearly show how much of a difference reverse swing makes. By eliminating reverse swing from odi cricket, batsmen have it so much easier over the bowlers.
    He was good with the new ball as well. Doesn't get the new ball in ODI or T20's.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    Imam is a limited player especially against spin but he has a sharp mind and is a pressure player and for a team like Pakistan where we struggle batting under pressure such players are valuable.
    Yes he isnt a complete player at the moment that he can be but he is just 23 and definitely can improve.
    Last edited by Titan24; 18th November 2018 at 19:45.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scoring 175 will be difficult for Pakistan.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BaankeJi View Post
    Scoring 175 will be difficult for Pakistan.
    139 more are needed 10 wickets in hand.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think any team can challenge Pakistan now in UAE. South Africa are having terrible time in Asia anywhere, Australia just lost 0-1 and Kiwis will probably lose the series as well.

England just won a series in SL but Pakistan will be wary of this and I don't see Pakistan losing to England anytime nearby in UAE. Pakistan has that edge over England. Since 2012,the record is like 8-3 in favour of Pakistan. That loss in SL probably came when they were filling up the place of legend Khan and saviour Misbah.
    Last edited by Ab Fan; 18th November 2018 at 20:57.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Great performances from our bowlers, we should be able to win from here but you never know

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    370 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think we will win from here. I have always said Imam will be a good test player. Keep him away from LO.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    I think, PAK has played well here - one poor shot from Sarfraz at critical moment cost at least 50 runs, which probably has kept Kiwis slightly still in this game. Santner is not Herath.
    Santner is not even playing

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure why but two of my messages and two of SatfiBabarHaris messages responding to each other have disappeared. There was nothing controversial in them just light hearted jokes like D&G brigade.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Pakistan win this, they should win the series easily. When was the last time we won a test match where Abbas took two or fewer wickets in both innings combined. Azhar Ali will likely hit a 100 in next two games, and Abbas will take more wickets. Hafeez will have one of those 150+ innings that suddenly come from no where in UAE, and confirm his spot for next few matches.

A lead of 140 with six wickets in hand was NZL's best chance to win this test match. They still have an outside chance, but they let the game slip away (after first fighting back immensely). If NZL lose this test, they'll likely lose the series 3-0.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I should add that Hasan, Yasir and Abbas bowled really well throughout. So it was more of them scything through NZL batting line, rather than NZL letting the game slip.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am very very impressed with the positive intent shown at the start of Pakistan’s innings. That was not only good in terms of achieving the the target score but a message was delivered to the new Zealand players that we wil dominate you. Pure masterclass!

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I don't like to brag before we have won. Imam looks OK when he knows what he needs to do. I think setting a target for him is harder. He will learn.

Hafeez is a must in Asia and anywhere the conditions are similar.

Azhar is our best test bat and will come good. People calling for his ouster are being emotional.

We need people like Haris and babar to seal their places by hitting some big scores consistently. Once they do that we can look beyond Azhar but not now.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    I don't like to brag before we have won. Imam looks OK when he knows what he needs to do. I think setting a target for him is harder. He will learn.

Hafeez is a must in Asia and anywhere the conditions are similar.

Azhar is our best test bat and will come good. People calling for his ouster are being emotional.

We need people like Haris and babar to seal their places by hitting some big scores consistently. Once they do that we can look beyond Azhar but not now.
    Azhar is our best batsman, no doubt. But he needs to start taking responsibility. As an established player, his returns since MisYou retired have been appalling. This is his time and he should make it count.

Same goes for Asad

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    PK should win and win well. The pitch is offering a little but not anything that should confuse our experienced Middle order.

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Rawalakot, Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I was expecting a good performance from Hassan Ali on 3rd day due to his reverse swing ability and he did that.. Now Pak is in a good position to win this game..