Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1787 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Probably, with Warner suspended, best Test opener right now is Lankan Karuna - scoring big & scoring quite brisk as well. Among regulars, difficult to pick the worst, but I guess our Imrul will give a good fight with 2 PAK openers, Powel of WIN & the English opener Jennings.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pk trying to tire the kvi

Debut
    Sep 2009
    Venue
    Great Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Harris Sohail joins the party..

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    chokaa

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2575 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Guys take in, in the midst of all this, Azhar is actually playing quick for his standards.

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i am nearing to say"chakaa mar haris"

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    These kind of tactics use to work few years ago when the opposition use to capitulate on the 5th day, the only team that capitulates spectacularly is pak on the 4/5th day these days.

Get ur runs in the 1st innings at a healthy rate.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know things are bad when Azhar is the dominant partner in Test Matches.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1787 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    It's actually Haris is slower, making Azhar like Lamborghini !!! Must have been grilled properly for double blunder in last Test ..... unfortunately, instead of shot selection, he went to the usual route - defense means good technique & temperament.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New Zealand are a decent team and we are struggling with the bat so no one should be surprised. Itís a lose lose situation for Pakistan, you guys are slating the for them for getting stuck in and grafting it out there and if they get out trying to increase the strike rate then you guys would still moan! Our batsmen are not world beaters, accept that and maybe then you guys will be more forgiving.

Personally id be very happy if these two can build a solid foundation for the rest to capatlise on...

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This performance is anything but uplifting, after gutless debacle... 33 runs from 23 overs...When this torture is going to be over?

There is nothing alarming in wicket, not in bowling, utter surrender for no reason. There is no intend to take game forward 🙄🙄🙄

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sydney, Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    50 for Azhar, at a rapid pace for his standards

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1787 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yasir View Post
    This performance is anything but uplifting, after gutless debacle... 33 runs from 23 overs...When this torture is going to be over?

There is nothing alarming in wicket, not in bowling, utter surrender for no reason. There is no intend to take game forward ������
    I think, you are almost correct - just take out the "alarming" word - there is noting in this wicket for any one. Just dead slow, low and a life less sand bed which is squeezing the life out of Test cricket.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Azhar going @ 50 sr. Afridisque for his standards and capability.

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sydney, Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shot, got to punish those

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why criticise azhar still not hafeez imam harris

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sydney, Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Horse View Post
    Why criticise azhar still not hafeez imam harris
    Noone is criticising Azhar here, he's playing fine.

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sydney, Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sodhi's bowling average higher than Azhar's batting average

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by angrypathan View Post
    Sodhi's bowling average higher than Azhar's batting average
    not strange! what about haris?

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good batting by Azhar. Still the best that Pakistan has in lamba format cricket.

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sydney, Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1787 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    My standard prediction for UAE tracks is 201-2 after 90 overs in Day 1 - you can't bat, bow, catch or hit boundaries .... only thing you can do is dead bat against dart of medium pace. Looks like AzHari is on course.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Azhar bringing out his inner Afridi.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just realised that Haris is only playing his 9th Test Match. I think he still needs to be persisteted with for the time being.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by angrypathan View Post
    because of you if you don't mind

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sydney, Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Haris plays out the full toss this time

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Looks like someone told haris if you dont score its over for you buddy

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know things are bad when you are striking at 28 while your partner with a name, Azhar Ali, is striking at 52.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    I think, you are almost correct - just take out the "alarming" word - there is noting in this wicket for any one. Just dead slow, low and a life less sand bed which is squeezing the life out of Test cricket.
    But it is dry, expect it to turn a lot on day 4-5

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickCrick View Post
    New Zealand are a decent team and we are struggling with the bat so no one should be surprised. Itís a lose lose situation for Pakistan, you guys are slating the for them for getting stuck in and grafting it out there and if they get out trying to increase the strike rate then you guys would still moan! Our batsmen are not world beaters, accept that and maybe then you guys will be more forgiving.

Personally id be very happy if these two can build a solid foundation for the rest to capatlise on...
    Where were u hiding mate sensible posters are like a gem on this forum lately.

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Itís inability to rotate strike, which is major issue. YK used to do good job at rotating strike. Intend was there. We are now playing with 4 Misbah, not a single YK.

Kuch Shair Day Loog vhee Zalim San
    Kuch sanoo maran da shook see

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1787 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed216 View Post
    But it is dry, expect it to turn a lot on day 4-5
    It'll turn, but most people miss the key in UAE wicket - it's built on soft base, with little clay content and hardly any live grass root (in fact they probably kill the live grass with brine (salt water)). That makes the ball turn, but it's extremely slow turn, no bounce and ball doesn't hurry batsmen. On TV, it looks lots of things happening, but actually surviving isn't tough here (unless you try a Hasan or Bilal).

Just to explain it better, I am posting one of my post from the recent CTG Test -

"We should win this Test comfortably, but I don't think playing on such surface is helping our cause. I don't mind spinning tracks, but it shouldn't be such where on 2nd afternoon a 18 years old kid turns more than Murali. This is definitely hiding the core weakness of our cricket - bowling. I for one always will opt for wicket where good bowling & catching will be required for a direct result in 15 sessions.

Relayed Chittagong track actually is a fantastic cricket wicket with high clay %, built on a solid base, therefore these are like 350 sort of ODI wicket, with proper rolling & watering, on a lighting fast out field. But, if they don't water it properly and allow to dry the compact clay surface on a hard base, it's impossible to face spinners, particularly accurate finger spinners, once the surface starts to crack. This wicket has at least twice the bounce than usual UAE tracks, it's turning sharp on dry cracks & it's among the fastest Asian wickets because of the grass covering & hard base. The dryness is clearly evident, as the wicket is best for batting in morning session, with a little over night moisture bonding top surface.

This could have been a fantastic Test wicket with a bit a moisture left in it, and yet it would have turned definitely, but that won't have made the finger spinners like Murali, Bedi & Laker.
    Need better conditioned wickets - I won't mind if match referee sanctions some demerit points here; it's equally, if not worse wicket than the last Test here (SRL)."

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For SA tour I would like to see the following line up:-
    Fakhar
    Azhar
    Haris
    Babar
    Asad (Not entirely sure)
    Saad Ali
    Sarfraz
    Yasir
    Hasan Ali
    Abbas
    Amir/Shaheen

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Haris playing for a draw

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol Sabar sey kaam lean bhi jaban

Toss jitey hai tu match bhi jeet jayean ghey magar ahista ahista.
    Hum batting karen ghey lambi magar ahista ahista.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1787 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    It’s inability to rotate strike, which is major issue. YK used to do good job at rotating strike. Intend was there. We are now playing with 4 Misbah, not a single YK.

Rotating the strike needs 360 shot making ability with timing and placement, which clearly missing - it's a top hand job. But, to the support of PAK batsmen, they are groomed either on these dead slow wicket, where you need bottom to play shots, on even worse domestic wickets where you need luck as well to connect.

I think, Dean Jones (one of the best ever in rotating strike), once explained - taking singles are like net practice - you have 5 holes (gaps) and what you need is to adjust your body balance & footwork to get into position and guide almost every ball into one of those holes, on either feet using your wrists. Unless ball is coming on to bat, it's impossible to learn rotating strike - and it's a learned skill, not genetic .... otherwise some of the best ever rotators won't have come from PAK - Javed, Asif, Zaheer, Malik (Salim), Inzi, MoYo ..... even YK is a fantastic 4th innings player because he never allowed bowlers to target him for 10-12 balls at one go on 4th-5th day tricky wicket (somehow, it didn't work for him in ODI)- and these players learned their initial game batting in 600-700 sort of innings.

Umar started career with fantastic rotator, then UAE & PAK domestic wicket made him a "cow slasher" .... now probably that slasher word is also missing from there.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iddy View Post
    For SA tour I would like to see the following line up:-
    Fakhar
    Azhar
    Haris
    Babar
    Asad (Not entirely sure)
    Saad Ali
    Sarfraz
    Yasir
    Hasan Ali
    Abbas
    Amir/Shaheen
    We can keep shuffling this old roster around until the cows come home. Azhar to open, Azhar at one down. Subtract Hafeez, add Saad Ali. I the end it won't' matter. Whatever the bowling achieves, we have not one world class batsman. Rubbish.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It'll turn, but most people miss the key in UAE wicket - it's built on soft base, with little clay content and hardly any live grass root (in fact they probably kill the live grass with brine (salt water)). That makes the ball turn, but it's extremely slow turn, no bounce and ball doesn't hurry batsmen. On TV, it looks lots of things happening, but actually surviving isn't tough here (unless you try a Hasan or Bilal).

Just to explain it better, I am posting one of my post from the recent CTG Test -

"We should win this Test comfortably, but I don't think playing on such surface is helping our cause. I don't mind spinning tracks, but it shouldn't be such where on 2nd afternoon a 18 years old kid turns more than Murali. This is definitely hiding the core weakness of our cricket - bowling. I for one always will opt for wicket where good bowling & catching will be required for a direct result in 15 sessions.

Relayed Chittagong track actually is a fantastic cricket wicket with high clay %, built on a solid base, therefore these are like 350 sort of ODI wicket, with proper rolling & watering, on a lighting fast out field. But, if they don't water it properly and allow to dry the compact clay surface on a hard base, it's impossible to face spinners, particularly accurate finger spinners, once the surface starts to crack. This wicket has at least twice the bounce than usual UAE tracks, it's turning sharp on dry cracks & it's among the fastest Asian wickets because of the grass covering & hard base. The dryness is clearly evident, as the wicket is best for batting in morning session, with a little over night moisture bonding top surface.

This could have been a fantastic Test wicket with a bit a moisture left in it, and yet it would have turned definitely, but that won't have made the finger spinners like Murali, Bedi & Laker.
    Need better conditioned wickets - I won't mind if match referee sanctions some demerit points here; it's equally, if not worse wicket than the last Test here (SRL)."
    Thank you

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakPremi View Post
    Where were u hiding mate sensible posters are like a gem on this forum lately.
    Iím finding it hard disagree with you, although it is interesting to read how others perceive the same game.

Get to session 3 without losing a wicket then hopefully Haris can start shifting gears and capatlise on a tired bowling attack with Azhar carrying on as he is..

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rotating the strike needs 360 shot making ability with timing and placement, which clearly missing - it's a top hand job. But, to the support of PAK batsmen, they are groomed either on these dead slow wicket, where you need bottom to play shots, on even worse domestic wickets where you need luck as well to connect.

I think, Dean Jones (one of the best ever in rotating strike), once explained - taking singles are like net practice - you have 5 holes (gaps) and what you need is to adjust your body balance & footwork to get into position and guide almost every ball into one of those holes, on either feet using your wrists. Unless ball is coming on to bat, it's impossible to learn rotating strike - and it's a learned skill, not genetic .... otherwise some of the best ever rotators won't have come from PAK - Javed, Asif, Zaheer, Malik (Salim), Inzi, MoYo ..... even YK is a fantastic 4th innings player because he never allowed bowlers to target him for 10-12 balls at one go on 4th-5th day tricky wicket (somehow, it didn't work for him in ODI)- and these players learned their initial game batting in 600-700 sort of innings.

Umar started career with fantastic rotator, then UAE & PAK domestic wicket made him a "cow slasher" .... now probably that slasher word is also missing from there.
    That last line made me laugh 😂

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    664 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    16 runs in last 10 overs. We might salvage a draw in this test.

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sydney, Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sodhi gets away with arguably the worst delivery he'll ever bowl

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sydney, Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lazy running, 2nd time this over we've gotten away with it

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iím finding it hard disagree with you, although it is interesting to read how others perceive the same game.

Get to session 3 without losing a wicket then hopefully Haris can start shifting gears and capatlise on a tired bowling attack with Azhar carrying on as he is..
    Fact is with Younis Khan retiring we do not have a world class batsman in our team to take the game to opposition. Haris, Imam and Babar are early in their test careers. Of the three Babar is the likely candidate to be our world class batsman with ability to perform consistently and score big often. Our D&G brigade keep thinking bringing x y z will dramatically change our batting. The only two not playing on merit in this test are Hafeez and Bilal. Hopefully Fakhar will return in next test to replace him and Shaheen to replace Bilal as we have no other spinner in the squad unless they add Shadab to the squad.
    Last edited by PakPremi; 24th November 2018 at 16:08.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Haris Sohail is a having a net. Dreadful, brain dead batting from the player who should be our future.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ugly innings from Sohail.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1787 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Again full-toss almost got him .... via run-out; why this guy can't hit knee high juicy full-toss in gap?

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    664 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Sohail seems to become a number 11 type batsmen any time hes batting with Azhar.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    2.11 Current Run Rate. We will bat for the first 3 days!

If you Can Believe In Something, Than why not believe In Yourself.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amjid Javed View Post
    Sohail seems to become a number 11 type batsmen any time hes batting with Azhar.
    We must be the only team with 4 no 11 batsmen
    According to most posters: Azhar, Sarfraz
    Of course Abbas and new addition Haris
    So when opposition bat against us in similar way in tests they are Legends .

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    664 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    10 runs in last 10 overs.

Anyone would think we were playing on a minefield against warne and murali.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amjid Javed View Post
    Maybe Azharís fault

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1757 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Good session for Pakistan - main thing is not to lose further wickets

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Good session for Pakistan - main thing is not to lose further wickets
    Wow one more poster with understanding for test matches. Pak run rate maybe not be improving but sensible poster rate is definitely on up now.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 24th November 2018 at 17:35.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Horse View Post
    Maybe Azharís fault
    Misbah's fault his spirit is still slowly roaming around in UAE.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakPremi View Post
    Fact is with Younis Khan retiring we do not have a world class batsman in our team to take the game to opposition. Haris, Imam and Babar are early in their test careers. Of the three Babar is the likely candidate to be our world class batsman with ability to perform consistently and score big often. Our D&G brigade keep thinking bringing x y z will dramatically change our batting. The only two not playing on merit in this test are Hafeez and Bilal. Hopefully Fakhar will return in next test to replace him and Shaheen to replace Bilal as we have no other spinner in the squad unless they add Shadab to the squad.
    We donít have batsmen that are strong against spin, our best two batsmen Babar and Harris both struggle against spin. The bulk of the batting in test cricket is done against spinners, the sole reason why YK was so successful.

We need our domestic set up to changes, if it carries on then we will carry on producing similar batsmen and more worryingly lack of world class spin bowlers. So yes bringing in x y z wonít make massive changes in our batting performance until the underlying issue is managed.

I actually think this current team are better suited away from the UAE and wouldnít be surprised if we challeneged SAF.

The only change that I canít disagree with anyone on is Hafeez - he has been a passenger for too long and his inclusion is not allowing us to nurture someone new.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The question is can Pakistan bat this defensively to save a test match in 4th inning?

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    What a pathetic batting!!!!! Azhar will never known as quality batsman. Haris has lost his touch too.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's ironic that the last test saw a thriller (despite losing) from Pakistan.

And just the very next test, Pakistan looks like the most boring team in the world.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Are people actually watching this match? Turned the tv off 2 hours ago

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A might run rate of 2.

Pakistan really don't know how to drill the home advantage.

A place where they have been playing for 10 years, yet empty stands, no passion, no cheering as if this is a second grade club teams battling out over 5 days.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1757 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YousafTheBeast View Post
    Your loss. This is Test cricket.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YousafTheBeast View Post
    I have not even tuned in for a single ball so far, just saw the score when it was 40-2 and I didn't bother.

On top, have been occupied with other things so not watching but following here.
    Last edited by Deewana Mastana; 24th November 2018 at 16:47.

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even the likes of when Zim and Ban were playing the test series it had a bigger turnout than any of these games played in the UAE over the 2 series that Pak has played.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This session will determine how good this partnership is, score heavily without losing many wickets then it is a plan well executed..

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Baffled by Harris approach. Going nowhere

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deewana Mastana View Post
    Even the likes of when Zim and Ban were playing the test series it had a bigger turnout than any of these games played in the UAE over the 2 series that Pak has played.
    What are you doing here, why arenít you in UAE?

Such a stupid attention seeking comment!

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Is Inzi watching RR of this match? The guy is all talk. Really disappointed with him.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NZ should start bowling full-tosses consecutively now. That might give them a wicket.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's up with the wickets spinning so much from day one? First Lyon, and now Ish Sodhi.

Says a lot about Ajaz Patel (and Pakistan's mediocrity in the last test), when he is the only one going at 3.08 today

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pakistan require 63 runs by the end of the 66th over to achieve a RR of 3

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are you doing here, why aren’t you in UAE?

Such a stupid attention seeking comment!
    Read what you said again.

I do not need to tell you that I have been or not.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Posters here dont understand the quality of Haris' innings today. This is how a seasoned campaigner battles his way out of tough bowling spells or a rough patch. We all know such slow going is not a norm for Haris but he has curbed his instinct and grinded his way out. Batsmen like Shafiq would have thrown it away to get out of jail. This innings should tell you why he averages 50 in first class cricket.

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    What's up with the wickets spinning so much from day one? First Lyon, and now Ish Sodhi.

Says a lot about Ajaz Patel (and Pakistan's mediocrity in the last test), when he is the only one going at 3.08 today
    These are the types of wickets that Pakistan have asked for that spin from Day 1.

If they have not had a say at the wickets they have been playing on then who has and why.

Debut
    Sep 2009
    Venue
    Great Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Perfect batting display by Harris Sohail..

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From normally getting nice looking 30ís to scoring an ugly 50.. what Haris do you guys prefer?

Iím not jumping up and down with the 50 but if he can build this into a big 100 then iíd forget all about how he got the first 50..

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Posters here dont understand the quality of Haris' innings today. This is how a seasoned campaigner battles his way out of tough bowling spells or a rough patch. We all know such slow going is not a norm for Haris but he has curbed his instinct and grinded his way out. Batsmen like Shafiq would have thrown it away to get out of jail. This innings should tell you why he averages 50 in first class cricket.
    It is good to see Haris being the slow grinding type here as I was surpirsed to see Azhar going at 40+ out of the 2 as he normally goes at 30 otherwise.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    664 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Pakistan batsmen hoping new zealand will fall asleep here and forfeit the test match.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    664 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    From normally getting nice looking 30ís to scoring an ugly 50.. what Haris do you guys prefer?

Iím not jumping up and down with the 50 but if he can build this into a big 100 then iíd forget all about how he got the first 50..
    Hes only got to 50, lets not get carried away here.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Mazhar came up with some stats and from 2015 on Fakhar Zaman and Abid Ali have been the highest averaging opening bats in Pak FC cricket.

Abid Ali has done well for Pak A as well. Stats do not lie and tell us that Fakhar, Abid are the best options. How did we come up with Hafeez and Imam? Probably the worst opening pair ever.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.