Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1934 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)

Foreign players who have confirmed that they will travel to Pakistan for PSL games

Quetta Gladiators

Islamabad United

Luke Ronchi was also seen at the PSL draft

Peshawar Zalmi

Darren Sammy is the team captain and will be there

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1934 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)

Last edited by Abdullah719; 25th November 2018 at 02:12.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think most of the overseas players signed up will play. Don't see Waston changing his mind. Anyone know if Roussow will ?

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    I think most of the overseas players signed up will play. Don't see Waston changing his mind. Anyone know if Roussow will ?
    Roussow went last year, so it’s expected he’ll go this year
    Watson only question mark for Quetta as Fawad Ahmed shouldn’t have any problem

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Australian players like Watson rarely travel to Pakistan

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1609 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    2 huge bits of good news for QG.

We might even see them with a decent team for matches in Pakistan this time around.

Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Great to see players agreeing to this
    The West Indian players have been good for psl which is still a rookie league
    I’m sure even the likes of Ian bishop will come to commentate as I’ve not checked which commentators are coming to Pakistan

The seasoning and planning of the psl seems to be working

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles"

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    TX
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I hope all players have agreed to play in Pakistan behind the scenes. With likes of Chris Lynn not getting picked up by a team could be because he didn't agree to go to Pakistan. If everyone goes then I am sure Shane Watson doesn't want to be the lone ranger to sit out.

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Great news for Pakistan and Pakistani fans.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedz View Post
    Roussow went last year, so it’s expected he’ll go this year
    Watson only question mark for Quetta as Fawad Ahmed shouldn’t have any problem
    Will be a bit embarrassing for him. Goes to Australia, claims asylum on the basis that he canít stay go back to Pakistan as his life is in danger then goes off to play the PSL in Pakistan.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Colin Munro, Colin Ingram, Ravi Bopara, Sikandar Raza of KK are confirmed to visit Pakistan.

All of Zalmi's players will play in Pakistan (including Pollard and Malan)

Joe Denly of The Sixth Team visited Pakistan last year, other than him none of the players confirmed their availability..

The foreign IU players will visit Pakistan, including Bell(as confirmed by Saj), Phil Salt, Delport, Ronchi, Samit Patel, Parnell and Zahir Khan.

Most of the QG foreign contingent will play in Pakistan. Only Shane Watson is unconfirmed.

None of the LQ players are confirmed to play in Pakistan yet.
    Last edited by Arham_PakFan; 26th November 2018 at 11:19.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    The Pakistani govt should announce the highest military and civilian awards to these players. Their services and the role they played in helping to bring back international cricket to Pakistan should not be forgotten

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    511 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    The Pakistani govt should announce the highest military and civilian awards to these players. Their services and the role they played in helping to bring back international cricket to Pakistan should not be forgotten
    Why not change the city names in their honor. Quetta -> Sunietta

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    These are some really good step forward for bringing cricket back to pakistan .i think from next years we can host asian team(apart from india) at home with W.i also

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You've just gone too far.

If you Can Believe In Something, Than why not believe In Yourself.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    SW Uk
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do the players get paid a extra special bonus especially if the play in pakistan

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arham_PakFan View Post
    Colin Munro, Colin Ingram, Ravi Bopara, Sikandar Raza of KK are confirmed to visit Pakistan.

All of Zalmi's players will play in Pakistan (including Pollard and Malan)

Joe Denly of The Sixth Team visited Pakistan last year, other than him none of the players confirmed their availability..

The foreign IU players will visit Pakistan, including Bell(as confirmed by Saj), Phil Salt, Delport, Ronchi, Samit Patel, Parnell and Zahir Khan.

Most of the QG foreign contingent will play in Pakistan. Only Shane Watson is unconfirmed.

None of the LQ players are confirmed to play in Pakistan yet.
    I thought LQ players would travel other than ABD.

Also Steve Smith unfortunately will not being travelling to Pakistan so you can rule him out now.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ARK Rafay View Post
    You've just gone too far.
    Not at all, it will send a message that we will never take for granted what they did for Pakistan Cricket in our time of greatest need.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not at all, it will send a message that we will never take for granted what they did for Pakistan Cricket in our time of greatest need.
    Equal to the greats of Major Aziz Bhatti, Rashid Minhas, Mohammad Sarwar, Tufail Mohammad, Shabbir Sharif, Mohammad Hussain, Mohammad Mahfooz, Mohammad Akmran, Karnal Sher Khan and Lalak Jan?

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The way I see it, majority of players from every team except the sixth team and LQ will travel to Pakistan.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    PCB should thump their authority here - donít allow any player not willing to travel PAK. I think, itís left with very few players now and it has nothing to do with security or death threats. There are several white players willing to travel and I donít think AB, Smith, Watson (& few others), are special target here that they should get some extra khatir. They are doing this only because they feel they can get away with this (& they have IPL contracts).

If PCB doesnít stand bold here, they are basically insulting all those foreigners willing to travel PAK. Just for their honour, PCB must resist to serve few players.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    PCB should thump their authority here - don’t allow any player not willing to travel PAK. I think, it’s left with very few players now and it has nothing to do with security or death threats. There are several white players willing to travel and I don’t think AB, Smith, Watson (& few others), are special target here that they should get some extra khatir. They are doing this only because they feel they can get away with this (& they have IPL contracts).

If PCB doesn’t stand bold here, they are basically insulting all those foreigners willing to travel PAK. Just for their honour, PCB must resist to serve few players.
    This I think is on the franchises, the PCB just provides a platform for the franchises and players to excel in. It is up to the franchises to decide which foreign players they select and whether they can convince them to come to Pakistan. Anyone who gives his word to come to Pakistan but bails out at the last minute should have to reimburse the franchise 50% of his wages to deter others from doing the same.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1609 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Of the Lahore Qalandars players I have had confirmation that Anton Devcich and Brendan Taylor have confirmed they will play PSL matches in Pakistan.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Of the Lahore Qalandars players I have had confirmation that Anton Devcich and Brendan Taylor have confirmed they will play PSL matches in Pakistan.
    Good stuff. Glad to see Taylor back.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Am shocked to see so many foreign players agreeing to play in Pakistan, looks like PCB's hard work and endeavor in the last 3 years are finally bearing fruit. Credit must go to Najam Sethi. More and more foreign players come to Pakistan, the more the likes of ABD, Smith, Watson and co look stupid for their refusal to tour.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lamichanne will likely come as well.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PCB should thump their authority here - don’t allow any player not willing to travel PAK. I think, it’s left with very few players now and it has nothing to do with security or death threats. There are several white players willing to travel and I don’t think AB, Smith, Watson (& few others), are special target here that they should get some extra khatir. They are doing this only because they feel they can get away with this (& they have IPL contracts).

If PCB doesn’t stand bold here, they are basically insulting all those foreigners willing to travel PAK. Just for their honour, PCB must resist to serve few players.
    Unfortunately, PSL needs big names like AB, Smith, Watson more which is why they are not in the position to dictate terms. They are basically the three biggest names in the tournament. Well, atleast AB and Smith are. PCB would rather have them for 10 games than none at all.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedwoodOriginal View Post
    Unfortunately, PSL needs big names like AB, Smith, Watson more which is why they are not in the position to dictate terms. They are basically the three biggest names in the tournament. Well, atleast AB and Smith are. PCB would rather have them for 10 games than none at all.
    No, it has to be a national issue. If PSL & itís franchise are not part of PAKís national interest then you canít blame other boards. No name is bigger than the game itself and no SL is bigger than PAKís national interest.

If PCB keeps compromising on this for a T20 league, then you should expect hosting ZIM, Kenya & Maldwips for couple more decades at least. You are expecting to bully other boards for playing in PAK, despite knowing that the issue is not at their hand, then your board canít resist for few extra mileage of few names when no one but those players can take their call (no board is going to stop these freelancers travelling to PAK). When Packer pulled 17 AUS players for WSC, ACB (CA) had two options - either say sorry to Kerry Packer & Ian Chappell or what they did - ban all 17 players for good and play some no names for 2 years, which resulted a 1-5 Ashes at home and almost the unthinkable- IND of 70s losing the 5th Test at Adelaide by 45 runs, failing to make it 3-2, away ... until Packer boys came back with their tail coiled in between legs.

In any circumstances, I canít accept PCBís stand here. Itís a double standard, and I tell you - itíll cost them one day. You can honour AB or Smith for their skills (may be pay them high as icon), but you canít make two separate classes on non cricketing issues - thatís disrespectful.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Venue
    Pune Maharashtra
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    You mean to say Nishan-E-Pakistan to every foreign player travelling to Pakistan..

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I think giving them an unexpected one time good sum of money would be the best reward. They will be delighted and thode who didn't come will regret

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You do make some excellent points and there is an argument for BOTH sides, im undecided on how I stand with this but having seen how succesfull the PSL final has been in Pakistan and that too without too many big name players, obviously Sammy is very well known but we didnt have too many other big names and yet it was a success.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    NB, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    They get paid more, any one who is not paranoid would take this offer.

Babar Azam: Runs 8032, Average 44, Top Score: 204, Fav fan: CricFan2012

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Agree. I don't feel it's totally on the franchises. PCB can remove players that are not willing to come to Pakistan from the list.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Another thing people forget, Pakistan have our own stars that are big if not bigger than some of the foreing players. Many Pakistani would rather see Hasan Ali than Watson. That is the advantage we have over say the BPL or CPL perhaps.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, it has to be a national issue. If PSL & it’s franchise are not part of PAK’s national interest then you can’t blame other boards. No name is bigger than the game itself and no SL is bigger than PAK’s national interest.

If PCB keeps compromising on this for a T20 league, then you should expect hosting ZIM, Kenya & Maldwips for couple more decades at least. You are expecting to bully other boards for playing in PAK, despite knowing that the issue is not at their hand, then your board can’t resist for few extra mileage of few names when no one but those players can take their call (no board is going to stop these freelancers travelling to PAK). When Packer pulled 17 AUS players for WSC, ACB (CA) had two options - either say sorry to Kerry Packer & Ian Chappell or what they did - ban all 17 players for good and play some no names for 2 years, which resulted a 1-5 Ashes at home and almost the unthinkable- IND of 70s losing the 5th Test at Adelaide by 45 runs, failing to make it 3-2, away ... until Packer boys came back with their tail coiled in between legs.

In any circumstances, I can’t accept PCB’s stand here. It’s a double standard, and I tell you - it’ll cost them one day. You can honour AB or Smith for their skills (may be pay them high as icon), but you can’t make two separate classes on non cricketing issues - that’s disrespectful.
    I think you need to understand that there is a difference between big name players and those who aren't. Big name players are the real crowd-pullers and this rings true for nearly every T20 league besides BBL. There is a reason why nobody is interested in or talking about Mzansi Super League and why so many people watch the IPL. And T20 leagues in general are about making as much money as possible and exposing your local talent to the best players you can rope in so naturally the same applies to PSL. They have to compromise on this because having AB or Smith for a limited time is better than not having AB or Smith at all. As for the separate classes part; these kind of things are irrelevant imo when the primary aim of any T20 league is money generation. The same is not true for an international series which is a completely different proposition.

The Packer analogy makes no sense to me here. That was basically introduced as a rebel league, something similar to ICL from few years back. And if I'm not wrong, it was running co-currently with international cricket as opposed to in a separate window.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, it has to be a national issue. If PSL & itís franchise are not part of PAKís national interest then you canít blame other boards. No name is bigger than the game itself and no SL is bigger than PAKís national interest.

If PCB keeps compromising on this for a T20 league, then you should expect hosting ZIM, Kenya & Maldwips for couple more decades at least. You are expecting to bully other boards for playing in PAK, despite knowing that the issue is not at their hand, then your board canít resist for few extra mileage of few names when no one but those players can take their call (no board is going to stop these freelancers travelling to PAK). When Packer pulled 17 AUS players for WSC, ACB (CA) had two options - either say sorry to Kerry Packer & Ian Chappell or what they did - ban all 17 players for good and play some no names for 2 years, which resulted a 1-5 Ashes at home and almost the unthinkable- IND of 70s losing the 5th Test at Adelaide by 45 runs, failing to make it 3-2, away ... until Packer boys came back with their tail coiled in between legs.

In any circumstances, I canít accept PCBís stand here. Itís a double standard, and I tell you - itíll cost them one day. You can honour AB or Smith for their skills (may be pay them high as icon), but you canít make two separate classes on non cricketing issues - thatís disrespectful.
    I'm not happy about this whole situation either but as the PSL grows and becomes a bigger league I'm 100% sure this policy will change. PCB's aim in this case is gradually increasing confidence of foreign players and it is working because besides 5-6 international players, all are coming to Pakistan this time around. Last year, Bravo and Narine both declined to come to Pakistan, this year they agreed.

Plus, when the entire tournament takes place in Pakistan which is probably going to happen in the 2020 edition, the players that will be signed will obviously be signed for the entire tournament. The hope is that this 2019 edition goes a long way in convincing players that Pakistan is safe for cricket.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    I see most posters here are confused on foreign player's issue (about visiting PAK). I am clear about my stand here - PSL is not a no name Hong Kong Sixer, or Masters League or T10 Emeritus cup; at least it shouldn't be. It's the premium T20 tournament of Ranked 1 T20 nation and the most popular format of 23 crore cricket mad country, and into it's 4th year - even Sobers or Bradman shouldn't be big enough to bully PSL is this regard.

If there was a genuine threat/issue of security - then PCB should take the ownership and avoid any risk (of ringing foreigners), otherwise there can't be 2 rules. I always say that PAK's current isolation was entirely PCB's fault - they brought an International team (the then World Runners up) to prove their credibility (so hat 2011 WC can be played in PAK), then had to rescue players with helicopter and whole world watched that live. Who was behind that, I don't care - PCB & PAK Govt. failed to protect their guests.

Same mistake is made here - PCB is caught in between on their stance. My interpretation of the situation is that PCB themselves are confused regarding their role here & not confident enough; therefore have left it on players (so that, later responsibility/blame) doesn't fall upon them. This doesn't give positive message to global audience like me, who can analyze the situation in an open mind.

I give 3 examples regarding similar situations. First was Mumbai incident when I believe some T20 tournament was taking place in IND (Mumbai itself, Kamran was staying in that Oberoy Hotel), and ENG team was scheduled to tour IND. After that incident, BCCI/IND Govt.'s stand was clear - they allowed players to leave, do their home work and ensured that if ENG is to play IND, it has to be as per schedule & in IND. And, it is not about BCCI's riches, neither Indian bullying, rather they were clear on what they are doing and where they stand. Same BCCI, couple of years later shifted entire IPL to SAF despite risk of massive financial loss, because they again knew exactly what's the situation and where they stand - better be safe than sorry.

IND might be cricket finical power house, but I can give similar example with BCB. After Holy Artizan attack which cost 23 foreigner's life; BCB themselves were clear about their stand - AUS tour was cancelled. BCB could have easily arranged that tour in IND or SRL, but that would have set a bad precedence; rather they brought ECB & CA in confidence and both countries visited for full tour very next year (ENG just 4 months later).

I'll not be surprised if few players decline to tour PAK next year (from players willing to travel this year), because the message I get here is that, it's not about security issues or PAK's national interest; rather bargaining power of few individuals!!!!!!

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see most posters here are confused on foreign player's issue (about visiting PAK). I am clear about my stand here - PSL is not a no name Hong Kong Sixer, or Masters League or T10 Emeritus cup; at least it shouldn't be. It's the premium T20 tournament of Ranked 1 T20 nation and the most popular format of 23 crore cricket mad country, and into it's 4th year - even Sobers or Bradman shouldn't be big enough to bully PSL is this regard.

If there was a genuine threat/issue of security - then PCB should take the ownership and avoid any risk (of ringing foreigners), otherwise there can't be 2 rules. I always say that PAK's current isolation was entirely PCB's fault - they brought an International team (the then World Runners up) to prove their credibility (so hat 2011 WC can be played in PAK), then had to rescue players with helicopter and whole world watched that live. Who was behind that, I don't care - PCB & PAK Govt. failed to protect their guests.

Same mistake is made here - PCB is caught in between on their stance. My interpretation of the situation is that PCB themselves are confused regarding their role here & not confident enough; therefore have left it on players (so that, later responsibility/blame) doesn't fall upon them. This doesn't give positive message to global audience like me, who can analyze the situation in an open mind.

I give 3 examples regarding similar situations. First was Mumbai incident when I believe some T20 tournament was taking place in IND (Mumbai itself, Kamran was staying in that Oberoy Hotel), and ENG team was scheduled to tour IND. After that incident, BCCI/IND Govt.'s stand was clear - they allowed players to leave, do their home work and ensured that if ENG is to play IND, it has to be as per schedule & in IND. And, it is not about BCCI's riches, neither Indian bullying, rather they were clear on what they are doing and where they stand. Same BCCI, couple of years later shifted entire IPL to SAF despite risk of massive financial loss, because they again knew exactly what's the situation and where they stand - better be safe than sorry.

IND might be cricket finical power house, but I can give similar example with BCB. After Holy Artizan attack which cost 23 foreigner's life; BCB themselves were clear about their stand - AUS tour was cancelled. BCB could have easily arranged that tour in IND or SRL, but that would have set a bad precedence; rather they brought ECB & CA in confidence and both countries visited for full tour very next year (ENG just 4 months later).

I'll not be surprised if few players decline to tour PAK next year (from players willing to travel this year), because the message I get here is that, it's not about security issues or PAK's national interest; rather bargaining power of few individuals!!!!!!
    This is exactly my feeling. There should be no double standards one for thier franchises and another for foreign boards. Even in ipl say no foreign players play we would still watch it like for it has become a part of India’s entertainment. I will give an anology with our film industry though Bollywood movies are famous in all over India still local film industries of south India run in full mode. Hindi films will never replace our local industry, we are sure now. If it was me I would play whole PSL in Pakistan as the main purpose of this league games are entertainment to folks of the land.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haroon Lorgat has been assigned the duty to convince ABD to visit Pakistan by LQ

Meri Barbaadiyan Durust Magar...
    Too Bata Kya Tujhe Sawaab Mila...

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1609 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    LQ are in talks with de Villiers to try to convince him to play in Pakistan. Let's see.......

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    LQ are in talks with de Villiers to try to convince him to play in Pakistan. Let's see.......
    Please ABD. Hope other Saffers can help convince him. Unlikely to happen but would be a great sight.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    PSL should be hosted completely in Pakistan

Those matches held in UAE graveyard are boring. T20 matches need big big crowd

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I won't be surprised if PCB/LQ shell out millions + President level security to convince ABDV to travel Pakistan.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Venue
    Pune Maharashtra
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If PCB able to convinced ABD to travel to Pakistan then SA surely will be the first team to travel to Pakistan for full series

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    PSL should be hosted completely in Pakistan

Those matches held in UAE graveyard are boring. T20 matches need big big crowd
    Agreed, but it's going to be a gradual process.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    450 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Off topic, but will the 2023 world cup only be hosted by India, or will it be co hosted by sri Lanka, Bangladesh and India? Dream is to be able to get 1-2 Pakistan games hosted by Pakistan at least.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    Off topic, but will the 2023 world cup only be hosted by India, or will it be co hosted by sri Lanka, Bangladesh and India? Dream is to be able to get 1-2 Pakistan games hosted by Pakistan at least.
    It will completely be held in India

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    450 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    It will completely be held in India
    Wow. All 50 over world cups should be co hosted. 2019 should've had Scotland and Ireland in for a couple of games, 2023 with Bangladesh and Sri Lanka hosting some, and when South Africa hosts one, it should have some games in Zimbabwe.

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wow. All 50 over world cups should be co hosted. 2019 should've had Scotland and Ireland in for a couple of games, 2023 with Bangladesh and Sri Lanka hosting some, and when South Africa hosts one, it should have some games in Zimbabwe.
    You should forget that since 2011, 50 overs WC is being held in Big 3 only. India, Australia (Co-Host New Zealand) and England. The cycle continues

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    You should forget that since 2011, 50 overs WC is being held in Big 3 only. India, Australia (Co-Host New Zealand) and England. The cycle continues
    What? The has been just 1 ODI WC since the 2011 WC. And even that WC was co-hosted by India, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka.

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasnít arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    450 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    What? The has been just 1 ODI WC since the 2011 WC. And even that WC was co-hosted by India, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka.
    He means for the near future, it's all big 3.

2019 WC: England
    2020 WT20: Australia
    2021 WT20: India
    2023 WC: India

I have no problem with the big 3 getting majority of the matches, as they are some of the biggest market, but I do think some of the games should go to neighboring countries.

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Even if they did go back to the co-hosting model, it would be hard to see Pakistan getting matches in 2023 with India being the main host-maybe if they arrange co-hosting rights with Afghanistan/Pakistan in the UAE. Then again Afghanistan loves Indian money so they'd find a way to get it outright.

Only way this changes is if Pakistan does go back to full-time hosting in Pakistan with no player refusing to travel by 2022.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apart from your analysis I would like to also point out that for Mumbai incident the attackers were blamed to be from Pak which was readily accepted by our ex PM. Moreover even the attack on SRL team was by pak based ppl which overall portrays a bad image in worlds view of one country. India and Bangladesh can state that its a one off incident

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He means for the near future, it's all big 3.

2019 WC: England
    2020 WT20: Australia
    2021 WT20: India
    2023 WC: India

I have no problem with the big 3 getting majority of the matches, as they are some of the biggest market, but I do think some of the games should go to neighboring countries.
    Of course. I'll be the first one to stand up and say that matches should be shared between all countries of the sub-continent in the 2023 World Cup. Being way too greedy is not good at all. If not Pakistan (for obvious reasons), I'd really like for the matches to be shared between India, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka.

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasnít arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    450 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Of course. I'll be the first one to stand up and say that matches should be shared between all countries of the sub-continent in the 2023 World Cup. Being way too greedy is not good at all. If not Pakistan (for obvious reasons), I'd really like for the matches to be shared between India, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka.
    And if they don't want to do that, they could implement a system where the big 3 get the 50 over world cups all to themselves, but the WT20s can be hosted by a smaller country only, say South Africa, New Zealand, West Indies.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1934 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Milton, Ontario
    Runs
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to Sameen Rana interview yesterday, Carlos Braithwaite will be playing the Pakistan leg of PSL this season for sure as he has confirmed it. Also he said that negotiations with AB are still going on to convince him to play in Pakistan and he hasn’t declined it yet. Sameen also advised that so far not a single foreign player has advised LQ management that he won’t be coming to Pakistan.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 8th December 2018 at 00:16.

Politics and sports don't mix!!

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    PCB MUST be strict on this - any player not willing to travel shouldn't be allowed to play in PSL.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hailian View Post
    According to Sameen Rana interview yesterday, Carlos Braithwaite will be playing the Pakistan leg of PSL this season for sure as he has confirmed it. Also he said that negotiations with AB are still going on to convince him to play in Pakistan and he hasn’t declined it yet. Sameen also advised that so far not a single foreign player has advised LQ management that he won’t be coming to Pakistan.
    So Devcich, Braithwaite and Taylor from LQ have confirmed so far. Interesting about Braithwaite because he didn't travel to Pakistan for the WI T20 series.

Ab, Anderson and Lamichanne are not confirmed. Pretty sure that Lamichanne will play because Asian players generally don't have nakhre

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Milton, Ontario
    Runs
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arham_PakFan View Post
    So Devcich, Braithwaite and Taylor from LQ have confirmed so far. Interesting about Braithwaite because he didn't travel to Pakistan for the WI T20 series.

Ab, Anderson and Lamichanne are not confirmed. Pretty sure that Lamichanne will play because Asian players generally don't have nakhre
    Braithwaite was more interested in playing IPL that time. Lamichanne would be travelling for sure, he wont be rude this early in his career

Why you think Anderson is not ready? Given Ronchi, Duminy and Hales traveled to Karachi last year and Ronchi visit to attend the draft last month I don't think so Anderson will have a problem. He had poor IPLs in the past and to make it better he should travel to Pakistan to gain experience of the conditions.

Politics and sports don't mix!!

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Which foreign players have agreed to play in Pakistan in PSL?

Can't find a list anywhere.
    I know AB has and a couple if others but is there a full list?

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not many, since PSL is happening at the worst time possible. Many International teams are playing with each other. This time I think PSL will be below par compared to BPL
    Last edited by xricket; 10th February 2019 at 20:18.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xricket View Post
    Not many, since PSL is happening at the worst time possible. Many International teams are playing with each other. This time I think PSL will be below par compared to BPL
    He is asking about the players which are playing in PSL and are available for the knockouts and finals.

Every foreign player which is playing other than maybe Watson, Russouw and Andre Russel are coming and most of them came last year as well.
    Last edited by Titan24; 10th February 2019 at 20:22.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1478 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Lahore, 10 February 2019: The popularity of the HBL Pakistan Super League’s is growing fast among overseas players. In the fourth edition of the tournament, starting from February 14 in Dubai, at least, 40 foreign players will be traveling to the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Pakistan to entertain the cricket loving crowd.

Among new faces, the South Africa legend AB de Villiers, who holds the record for the fastest ODI century and half-century, is the biggest draw this season along with New Zealand’s Colin Munro, who has the highest strike-rate in T20 Internationals.

Sandeep Lamichhane, a rising leg-spinner from Nepal, will also be making his maiden appearance in the HBL PSL this season whereas the ICC World T20 2016 hero Carlos Brathwaite is also set to make his tournament debut.

As has been the case in the short history of HBL PSL, the largest contingent of overseas talent is coming from England with 12 players, followed by West Indies (eight), Australia (six), South Africa (five), New Zealand (four), Zimbabwe (two) and, Nepal and Wales (one each).
    Last edited by shaaik; 10th February 2019 at 22:23.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    727 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Lahore, 10 February 2019: The popularity of the HBL Pakistan Super League’s is growing fast among overseas players. In the fourth edition of the tournament, starting from February 14 in Dubai, at least, 40 foreign players will be traveling to the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Pakistan to entertain the cricket loving crowd.

Among new faces, the South Africa legend AB de Villiers, who holds the record for the fastest ODI century and half-century, is the biggest draw this season along with New Zealand’s Colin Munro, who has the highest strike-rate in T20 Internationals.

Sandeep Lamichhane, a rising leg-spinner from Nepal, will also be making his maiden appearance in the HBL PSL this season whereas the ICC World T20 2016 hero Carlos Brathwaite is also set to make his tournament debut.

As has been the case in the short history of HBL PSL, the largest contingent of overseas talent is coming from England with 12 players, followed by West Indies (eight), Australia (six), South Africa (five), New Zealand (four), Zimbabwe (two) and, Nepal and Wales (one each).

If you can get a list from somewhere would be cool.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 10th February 2019 at 22:29.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1478 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    If you can get a list from somewhere would be cool.
    There's between 40 and 45 overseas players in the PSL squads in total. I think pretty much all of them will go besides maybe Watson.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    There's between 40 and 45 overseas players in the PSL squads in total. I think pretty much all of them will go besides maybe Watson.
    Watson's family didnt give him permission to go, or else he didnt have any issues

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    He is asking about the players which are playing in PSL and are available for the knockouts and finals.

Every foreign player which is playing other than maybe Watson, Russouw and Andre Russel are coming and most of them came last year as well.
    Wasn't rossouw traveled last year for quetta?

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1478 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny_majoka View Post
    He did.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny_majoka View Post
    He skipped the 2nd edition final but I think was there last year, hopefully he will be there this year as well.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really impressive that other that almost every foreign player is coming including the likes of Munro, ABD etc.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1609 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    I still say any foreign player not willing to play in Pakistan should not be picked by the PSL franchises.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I still say any foreign player not willing to play in Pakistan should not be picked by the PSL franchises.
    That isn't practical, can't dilute the value of the league by acting tough on big names.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1609 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    That isn't practical, can't dilute the value of the league by acting tough on big names.
    There are players who come the Pakistan stage will take their money and run. Does the PSL really need such players.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    US
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    100% spot on. PSL needs to make it clear who is running the show. What happened in first 3 seasons with QG should not happen again.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Edmonton-Lahore Canada-Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is honestly great to see!!!! Most of the players are travelling to Pakistan which is just great to see. Next step should be to make the stadiums in Pakistan International Quality. Even Gadaffi Stadium the lighting there when a match is being broadcasted is not great. Hopefully before PSL 5 we can have a couple more stadiums renovated to INTL quality.

IN PAKISTAN LIES OUR DELIVERANCE,DEFENCE, AND HONOUR.
    -Muhammad Ali Jinnah

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1478 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Sarfaraz appears to have confirmed that the QG foreign players besides Watson will go.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This I think is on the franchises, the PCB just provides a platform for the franchises and players to excel in. It is up to the franchises to decide which foreign players they select and whether they can convince them to come to Pakistan. Anyone who gives his word to come to Pakistan but bails out at the last minute should have to reimburse the franchise 50% of his wages to deter others from doing the same.
    This i agree with. It has happend couple of times where a team made it to the playoffs and the performing foreign players decided to head back home. Unfair for the franchises, unfair for PSL, unfair for you guys who lives in pakistan. There is nothing wrong with selecting to not travel to pakistan but make it clear before the begining of the tournament. Not half way through it

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1934 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post

Why has Watson been picked? Been giving him money for 3 years straight now and he can't make a token appearance in Pakistan? Dump him.