[VIDEO] Yasir Shah - Brutal spell of 8/41 against New Zealand


Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 75 of 75
  1. #1
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    107,140
    Mentioned
    676 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    [VIDEO] Yasir Shah - Brutal spell of 8/41 against New Zealand

    Never seen anything like this ever from a spinner in such a short space of time.

    8 overs - 1/31

    4.3 overs - 7/10

    Pure Magic, Leg spin bowling at its best! Take a bow! fantastic.

    Lionel Messi of Cricket


    ==


    .
    Last edited by MenInG; 26th November 2021 at 14:38.

  2. #2
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    44,173
    Mentioned
    613 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Probably the best spell of leg spin bowling in the last 15 years.


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    16,037
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is incredible. His spell in the last test, when Nicholls and Watling battled it out, was equally awesome.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    35,002
    Mentioned
    639 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone better be uploading the 4.3 overs of 7/10 in 4K quality then!

  5. #5
    Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    6,885
    Mentioned
    512 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Brilliant stuff from him.

  6. Google Ad Manager-
  7. #6
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    107,140
    Mentioned
    676 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Anyone know the most wickets by 1 bowler in a day in test cricket?

    Yasir has 9 now.

  8. #7
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    107,140
    Mentioned
    676 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Jim laker took 9 wickets in one day vs England back in 1956.

  9. #8
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    1,803
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brilliant spinner. And few people wanted Shadab Khan to replace him just bcoz he can bat a bit.

  10. #9
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Runs
    9,509
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JibranAnsari View Post
    Probably the best spell of leg spin bowling in the last 15 years.
    Last 15 years? Shane Warne was still weaving magic then. Just see the 2005 Ashes.


    If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?
    Vince Lombardi

  11. #10
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    980
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very soon he will be quickest to 200 Test wickets breaking Grimmetís record.

    This will be best achievement by a pakistani in test arena along with muhammad yusufís 1788.

  12. #11
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    16,037
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Werenít there calls for Yasir to be dropped?

  13. #12
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    980
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amjid Javed View Post
    Anyone know the most wickets by 1 bowler in a day in test cricket?

    Yasir has 9 now.
    Johnny Briggs 15
    Johnny Briggs 12

  14. #13
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    19,178
    Mentioned
    910 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Brilliant spell.

    Though NZ made some basic mistakes as well, they're not school kids to play leg spin like that!

    Excellent UAE-specific bowler.

  15. #14
    Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Bury
    Runs
    2,942
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Excellent bowling. He’s now using the top spinner more and flighting the ball. One of the kiwis looked out twice before he was actually bowled through the gate. He’s deceiving them in flight more now.

  16. #15
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    107,140
    Mentioned
    676 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abid Z View Post
    Excellent bowling. He’s now using the top spinner more and flighting the ball. One of the kiwis looked out twice before he was actually bowled through the gate. He’s deceiving them in flight more now.
    Hes also gone back to bowling with good control, rather then rubbish stuff against Australia.

    Slight variations in armory can cause lots of damage.

  17. #16
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    107,140
    Mentioned
    676 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    10 wickets in a day, fantastic effort and bowling!

  18. #17
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    2,732
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amjid Javed View Post
    10 wickets in a day, fantastic effort and bowling!
    First Pakistani to do so.

    Well done Yasir Shah. Top class performance!

  19. #18
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    2,480
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where are the posters gone who wanted Shadab to replace Yasir in tests , that Shadab who looks worse than partimers in tests

  20. #19
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    39,754
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    This is the first time I have seen him attack the left handers from over the wicket on a prolonged basis, normally he goes around the wicket to the lefties immediately.

    Perhaps that has made the biggest difference?

  21. #20
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    30,763
    Mentioned
    1044 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    This is the first time I have seen him attack the left handers from over the wicket on a prolonged basis, normally he goes around the wicket to the lefties immediately.

    Perhaps that has made the biggest difference?
    This is nothing new. Shah has been the best spinner in the world for years now and at his best, he blows everyone else right out of the water.

    Hoping he gets 15 wickets in the match.


  22. #21
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    4,049
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    This is nothing new. Shah has been the best spinner in the world for years now and at his best, he blows everyone else right out of the water.

    Hoping he gets 15 wickets in the match.
    Yes with an average of 40+ in sena he blows
    your bubble.

  23. #22
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    19,178
    Mentioned
    910 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    This is nothing new. Shah has been the best spinner in the world for years now and at his best, he blows everyone else right out of the water.

    Hoping he gets 15 wickets in the match.
    Yasir is a UAE specialist.

    Very poor outside Asia.

  24. #23
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    38,434
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What a performance. Very sad to have missed it.

  25. #24
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    30,004
    Mentioned
    2653 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    @Abdullah719

    Bro., pls put an extended clip of his bowling in this Test after it ends. I guess he has a genuine chance of 15 wickets here and that clip should cover few more jaffer balls than his wickets only.

  26. #25
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    3,888
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Abcd

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Yasir is a UAE specialist.

    Very poor outside Asia.
    Match winning spells at oval and lords.
    Last edited by Ahmed216; 26th November 2018 at 19:14.

  27. #26
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    3,888
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    Yes with an average of 40+ in sena he blows
    your bubble.
    Best spinner in the world ashwin must have won many tests on his own in SENA.

  28. #27
    Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    5,437
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)


  29. #28
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    2,416
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Couldn't watch it. Should have been treat to watch.


  30. #29
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    25,683
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed216 View Post
    Match winning spells at oval and lords.
    yes but but thats London and we dont win outside of London..so therefore Londond doesnt count and neither does the UAE becasue erm..well thats just the way it is..take out all the wickets Yasir has got and he has zero wickets against anybody..useless spinner.

  31. #30
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    3,726
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    An atg spell. It was the bowling, not the pitch playing tricks for him.

    The way he transforms from a decent looking leggie to an absolute master sending down live cobras when his tail is up with a single wicket is quite extraordinary.

    That was utter destruction.

  32. #31
    Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    11,461
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He looked threatening but NZcounter attacked him in the second go. Thst round goes to latham and taylor


    Kut khani hai to aa jao idher, khushbo laga ke!

  33. #32
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    19,178
    Mentioned
    910 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed216 View Post
    Match winning spells at oval and lords.
    Agarkar and I think Wasim too have centuries at lords.

    Does that mean they're excellent bats?

    One of them was decent, but overall, not a convincing performance. And on subsequent tours he'll get further thrashed.

    Will be poor in SA as well.

  34. #33
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    19,178
    Mentioned
    910 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
    He looked threatening but NZcounter attacked him in the second go. Thst round goes to latham and taylor
    The way Taylor, Henry got out were school boy errors. Probably out of concentration.

  35. #34
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    16,037
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Brilliant spell.

    Though NZ made some basic mistakes as well, they're not school kids to play leg spin like that!

    Excellent UAE-specific bowler.
    Iím sure you yourself would have survived that spell from Yasir, considering you have figured out the basic mistakes the NZ batsmen made.

    In all seriousness, some of those deliveries were unplayable.

  36. #35
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    22,848
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Whatever helps him to get in the right state of mind for South Africa is fine for me.

  37. #36
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    39,754
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Yasir struggles whenever he gets counter attacked.

  38. #37
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    3,888
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Agarkar and I think Wasim too have centuries at lords.

    Does that mean they're excellent bats?

    One of them was decent, but overall, not a convincing performance. And on subsequent tours he'll get further thrashed.

    Will be poor in SA as well.
    But agarkar and wasim didnt score many centuries even in home conditions which is why they were never rated as good batsmen.
    every spinner needs a bit of assistance from the surface. And Yasir is no different.
    I expect him to come good in cape town on SA tour

  39. #38
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    4,049
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed216 View Post
    Best spinner in the world ashwin must have won many tests on his own in SENA.
    Ashwin is mediocre but so is yasir

  40. #39
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    19,178
    Mentioned
    910 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    I’m sure you yourself would have survived that spell from Yasir, considering you have figured out the basic mistakes the NZ batsmen made.

    In all seriousness, some of those deliveries were unplayable.
    Yes, Taylor and Henry dismissals were too soft, I or any other decent spin player would've defended just fine.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed216 View Post
    But agarkar and wasim didnt score many centuries even in home conditions which is why they were never rated as good batsmen.
    every spinner needs a bit of assistance from the surface. And Yasir is no different.
    I expect him to come good in cape town on SA tour
    You have too high hopes.

  41. #40
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    14,340
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Amazing. If we go on to win the match might be the biggest matchwinning performance in tests I've seen from Pakistan.

  42. #41
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    25,683
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Mediocre spinner..each wicket was a fluke..I mean you just needed to watch the ball right? and then smack it into the stands..

  43. #42
    Debut
    Nov 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    1,580
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any video link for todays wickets ?

  44. #43
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    23,887
    Mentioned
    563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazing stuff. Some big test and opportunity awaits in SA for Yasir. Performing there and making the team win can enhance his stature in this era further.

  45. #44
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    39,754
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sshakir411 View Post
    Only Indians have the nerve to call 191 wickets in 32 games mediocre. Yet the same Indians light up on fire if someone talks about how Sachin padded up stats without winning too many games.
    I have seen the likes of Jadeja taking 3-4 even 5 wickets in test matches on the fast turning, bouncing tust bowls of India, they should be the last one calling any of our spinners mediocre.

  46. #45
    Debut
    Nov 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    1,580
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    I have seen the likes of Jadeja taking 3-4 even 5 wickets in test matches on the fast turning, bouncing tust bowls of India, they should be the last one calling any of our spinners mediocre.
    Bilal is mediocre .

  47. #46
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    30,004
    Mentioned
    2653 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    If Yasir was a bit smarter than "mixing wife's pill", and a lot younger (say about 6 years), he was the ideal candidate for Test Captaincy - a top bowler who would make in every Test XI on merit, and someone who can lead from the front. I believe, he had a far better batting potential than averaging 12 in Test, had he worked on his batting; but probably his fitness level (& age) didn't help.

    I for one actually believe it's lot, lot.......lot easier to improve Yasir's batting average to close to Shadab level (at max, at 29 level now, I won't put it in 30s), than Shadab's bowling average to Yasir's level (that's like bringing 58 to 29 level)

    Should be an eye opener for SAF tour - no posedu all-rounders please. 6 bats & 7th one keeps (& bats as well), 4 bowls and hold all 11 accountable for the core purpose they are in - 6 batsmen on batting (not for 10-12 overs added sweetener) and 4 bowlers to take 20 wickets (not for 10-12 extra runs) .... and Captain to lead from the front (... & keep from the back).

  48. #47
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    99,343
    Mentioned
    879 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Very good bowling.

    He got the drift , and induced mistakes in Batsman . Terrific bowling.

  49. #48
    Debut
    Nov 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    1,580
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a 5th bowling option is a must for all good Test teams .

  50. #49
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    16,037
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Yes, Taylor and Henry dismissals were too soft, I or any other decent spin player would've defended just fine.
    Wow. What are you doing behind a computer screen?

  51. #50
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    16,037
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    Mediocre spinner..each wicket was a fluke..I mean you just needed to watch the ball right? and then smack it into the stands..
    Found out today we have better players of spin than Taylor or Nicholls here on PP.

    On a side note, I feel sad about engaging with clueless teenagers time and again on this forum

  52. #51
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    131
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent bowling
    Was he tiring at the end of day and bowling short lengths?

  53. #52
    Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    7,504
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohli, The King of Chase View Post
    Couldn't watch it. Should have been treat to watch.

    I couldnt watch it either. Was on my way to work when it all happened.

  54. #53
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    93
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surprised only 6 players have taken 200 wickets from Pak. Even India has 9

    A Kumble 619
    N Kapil Dev 434
    Harbhajan Singh 417
    R Ashwin 336
    Z Khan 311
    ** Bedi 266
    I Sharma 256
    ** Chandrasekhar 242
    J Srinath 236

    Even NZ has 6!!!
    Last edited by Zeeraq; 27th November 2018 at 20:51.

  55. #54
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    85,753
    Mentioned
    2231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Special bowling from a special bowler.

    Whilst he bowled brilliantly in the first innings, my favourite dismissal was the Williamson one in the second innings.



  56. #55
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    39,754
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket_cfa View Post
    Excellent bowling
    Was he tiring at the end of day and bowling short lengths?
    Yes, Taylor took him to the cleaners at the end.

  57. #56
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    15,183
    Mentioned
    764 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)



    LEGEND

  58. #57
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    38,434
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    If Yasir was a bit smarter than "mixing wife's pill", and a lot younger (say about 6 years), he was the ideal candidate for Test Captaincy - a top bowler who would make in every Test XI on merit, and someone who can lead from the front. I believe, he had a far better batting potential than averaging 12 in Test, had he worked on his batting; but probably his fitness level (& age) didn't help.

    I for one actually believe it's lot, lot.......lot easier to improve Yasir's batting average to close to Shadab level (at max, at 29 level now, I won't put it in 30s), than Shadab's bowling average to Yasir's level (that's like bringing 58 to 29 level)

    Should be an eye opener for SAF tour - no posedu all-rounders please. 6 bats & 7th one keeps (& bats as well), 4 bowls and hold all 11 accountable for the core purpose they are in - 6 batsmen on batting (not for 10-12 overs added sweetener) and 4 bowlers to take 20 wickets (not for 10-12 extra runs) .... and Captain to lead from the front (... & keep from the back).
    Agree with this. 4 bowlers for SA.

  59. #58
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    107,140
    Mentioned
    676 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    14 wickets in match, hopefully wicket in last game will help his bowling in last game of series.

  60. #59
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    5,145
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is already a Pakistani legend, hope he will end as a legend of the game.

  61. #60
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    11,020
    Mentioned
    1038 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn, just watched his spell!

    Lethal spin bowling.

  62. #61
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    30,763
    Mentioned
    1044 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    Ashwin is mediocre but so is yasir
    Did you even watch him bowl in the last match? How about his performance in England in 2016?


    لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

  63. #62
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    2021
    Runs
    45,026
    Mentioned
    2450 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Single handily destroyed us.

    Some people really under value what they have, so many hype up Boult on here but he's never run through a team like Yasir did, and Yasir has done this so many times. He has an absurd amount of 5fers in a really short Test career.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  64. #63
    Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    Republic of Wadiya
    Runs
    22,630
    Mentioned
    2692 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    That was some spell. That ball to Taylor wowzaa!

  65. #64
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Montreal
    Runs
    2,868
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    Ashwin is mediocre but so is yasir
    Mediocre is only for Indian bowlers. Yasir is test cricket is like Lionel messi he is a great

  66. #65
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    162,408
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    The Yasir Shah of old....

    What happened to him? Will he ever return to his former glory?


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  67. #66
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    3,454
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    The Yasir Shah of old....

    What happened to him? Will he ever return to his former glory?
    Hopefully yes but seems unlikely under Powerpoint selector. He could still be unleashed on UAE, SL or Bangladeshi wickets and he would churn out fivers for fun.

  68. #67
    Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    7,504
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    The Yasir Shah of old....

    What happened to him? Will he ever return to his former glory?
    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyRabbit View Post
    Hopefully yes but seems unlikely under Powerpoint selector. He could still be unleashed on UAE, SL or Bangladeshi wickets and he would churn out fivers for fun.
    The chances of Yasir Shah getting back his old form is the same as Mohammad Amir bowling at 90 mph again.

    Donít think we can blame the selection committee here. Yasir Shah has flopped badly many a times now. He just doesn't have it in him anymore.

  69. #68
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    1,865
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    The Yasir Shah of old....

    What happened to him? Will he ever return to his former glory?
    He got old. He's 35 and well past his prime and seemingly injured all the time as well.

  70. #69
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    3,454
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza619 View Post
    The chances of Yasir Shah getting back his old form is the same as Mohammad Amir bowling at 90 mph again.

    Don’t think we can blame the selection committee here. Yasir Shah has flopped badly many a times now. He just doesn't have it in him anymore.
    Pakistani wickets are usually the least spin friendly wickets in subcontinent. Just throw him in a test in Ban, SL or India(impossible) and he'll get his groove back. He's just suffering from lack of game time and injuries. Hopefully he can get some FC under his belt.

  71. #70
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    94,671
    Mentioned
    7519 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)
    In spite of his fitness issues and the fact that he is clearly past his prime, he remains the best Test spinner in Pakistan by a country mile.

    A disgraceful decision to drop him. Wasim continues to prove how awful a selector he really is.

  72. #71
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    17,875
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    In spite of his fitness issues and the fact that he is clearly past his prime, he remains the best Test spinner in Pakistan by a country mile.

    A disgraceful decision to drop him. Wasim continues to prove how awful a selector he really is.
    He had a fractured thumb

    It has been horrible to watch the minnow level spin in this match.

  73. #72
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    94,671
    Mentioned
    7519 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shah_1 View Post
    He had a fractured thumb

    It has been horrible to watch the minnow level spin in this match.
    I donít know, we are not sure of the extent of his injury. He was dropped previously as well even though he affirmed that he was fit enough to play.

    It has been obvious for.a while that Mr. PowerPoint doesnít like Yasir and has looked to find excuses to end his career.

    There is zero talent when it comes to spin bowling reserves. Yasir is still invaluable to the team in Asian conditions.

  74. #73
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    39,754
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Yasir Shah cost Pakistan the first West Indies test with his ineffective spin bowling. He has been on the decline for a while. Even Nauman has been more effective than him in the last few test matches.

  75. #74
    Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Bury
    Runs
    2,942
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Can somebody please explain (factually) why yasir is not playing has he been dropped or is he injured? Will he be back for the other matches if he’s in the squad.

  76. #75
    Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    1,911
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Yasir Shah cost Pakistan the first West Indies test with his ineffective spin bowling. He has been on the decline for a while. Even Nauman has been more effective than him in the last few test matches.
    Yes people donít see Yasir isnít he same as a few years ago Nauman isnít great either doesnít turn the ball much long term will struggle against better teams.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •