Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Azhar Ali re-signed by Somerset for 2019 season, to be available for first-class and List A games

He will be available for both County and One-Day matches.

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Bury
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Oh this is fantastic news. I honestly don’t care one bit about his slow strike rate and inability to rotate strike...valid but overstated criticisms. He puts a price on his wicket and scores ugly runs but gets there more often than not. Playing English county will only help him develop further.

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very happy for Azhar. He comes in for a lot of criticism but he has made a solid contribution to Pakistan cricket over the years. With all the emphasis on white ball cricket the stint with Somerset will be a good opportunity for him. Somerset see his value not only as a player but as a leader.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will be keeping a close eye on his performance here. This should be a good experience for him, and a chance for him to regain form. If he flops for Somerset I think we may see him dropped from the Pakistan side

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    664 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Hopefully he will retire and can focus on plenty of county cricket, hes not going to improve at international level.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Somerset can keep him.

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think one of the first things you learn about playing short pitched bowling is too keep your eye on the ball and if you decide to sway out of the way keep your hands low. I personally think his reaction times have gone. He'll be ok on dead pitches, as long as the game is not on the line, but anything with any pace or bounce forget it. A shadow of the batsmen who scored at Old Trafford and the MCG

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1788 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by samiakh View Post
    I think one of the first things you learn about playing short pitched bowling is too keep your eye on the ball and if you decide to sway out of the way keep your hands low. I personally think his reaction times have gone. He'll be ok on dead pitches, as long as the game is not on the line, but anything with any pace or bounce forget it. A shadow of the batsmen who scored at Old Trafford and the MCG
    the way he played today vs Olivier I thought was dangerous for him!

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A relegation request this from Somerset