Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1611 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)

[VIDEO] Naseem Shah back in training after suffering back injury [Update Post #50]

Spoke with Nasim earllier today and he has confirmed that he has unfortunately suffered a pretty bad back injury.

Mudassar Nazar mentioned it in his interview with PakPassion that Nasim was pushing his body a bit too much.

Nasim is in rehab and working with the coaches. He has started light training and he hopes to be fit for the Pakistan Super League.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Was always concerned about this happening. He has a very demanding action and it is very similar to Shane Bond who himself had plenty of back problems in his career

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Who was his coach?

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1611 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    He will remain at the National Cricket Academy for the next 2-3 months.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wouldn't surprise me if they start to alter his bowling action in the next 1-2 years.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't Amir had stress fracture in his U19 days ? He recovered well. Hopefully Naseem will recover quickly as well.

Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Can't say I'm surprised. His action clearly takes a toll on his body and from the impression his videos give he is not someone who is content bowling slow, he looked like someone who wants to bowl as fast as he could and rattle batsmen.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    What Mudassar Nazar said about him:

PakPassion.net: What are your thoughts on young pace bowlers such as Naseem Shah, Arshad Iqbal, Mohammad Hasnain and Muhammad Musa Khan?

Mudassar Nazar:
    All the names you have mentioned are fantastic and great additions to Pakistan cricket. We are very hopeful that they will all come through and have a bright future with the Pakistan team. As we have seen, Shaheen Shah Afridi has already made an impact and Musa Khan is also talked about a lot because he has gained exposure in the last two Under-19 tournaments at the international level. Unfortunately, Mohammad Hasnain got injured and had a setback, whilst Arshad Iqbal is an excellent prospect.

To me, Naseem Shah is bowling quicker than all of these bowlers and he is still very young but even he had a setback due to injury, mainly because he was trying to bowl quicker than what his body was ready for. Hopefully, at the NCA we will nurse him through like we did in the case of Umar Gul and Mohammad Amir. So, in terms of fast-bowling we are covered really well as you will see in a matter of 2-3 years’ time. The pleasing thing for me is that I have seen these guys develop from the time they were 16 when they were bowling around the 125-130 KpH mark and now they are touching speeds like 140-145 KpH. So, there is a gradual but definite progress there and I am very excited about their future prospects. I feel that they all bring different skill levels and talents to the mix and I am so glad that you mentioned these names, although I do wish we had similar things to say about new batsmen too, but unfortunately we don't.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Really dissappointed. Hope he is the same bowler when he recovers.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    What Mudassar Nazar said about him:
    Damn. Mudassar Nazar saw it before it happened.

Wish the young'un full recovery and expect him to come back stronger, InshaAllah.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    NB, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    People shouldn't hold high hopes for the kid.

If he does make a career, it'll be similar to Bond who he idolizes, 100 matches give or take, unless we want an inferior version of him which we don't really need.

Babar Azam: Runs 8032, Average 44, Top Score: 204, Fav fan: CricFan2012

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricFan2012 View Post
    People shouldn't hold high hopes for the kid.

If he does make a career, it'll be similar to Bond who he idolizes, 100 matches give or take, unless we want an inferior version of him which we don't really need.
    Knowing our history some senior guy will change his action. Obviously they want to play some cricket to earn some money at the least.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1848 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Unfortunate but could have seen it from a mile away.... I hope they don't completely remodel his action and make him a trundler

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Lots of posters called this.

The action was a disaster waiting to happen.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He might have to compromise a bit on that in dipping angle like Bond, Shinwari, Cummins Anwar Ali etc used to have. Not many bowlers last long with that action with arm coming from close to neck.

Yes but he can still maintain the speed if he remodels his action well.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He will have to completely remodel his action. The guys at the NCA will definetly change his action. He can have a decent career if he remodels his action. But his pace will definetly be reduced.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sher Khan View Post
    He will have to completely remodel his action. The guys at the NCA will definetly change his action. He can have a decent career if he remodels his action. But his pace will definetly be reduced.

You see this is an issue.

We are a limping democracy, a 3rd world country. We start kicking on as a country and than go even backward from where we started rising. This rubs on sports including Cricket aswell.

Cricket as a system and institution suffers aswell.

Naseem Shah’s Case is going to be a gamble at NCA.

If they try to remodel his action in Desi way it’s going to be a gamble. Might pay off or might go Anwar Ali’s or Zahid’s way. (Two different type of cases)

Nobody in Pakistan could fix Haris Sohail Under PCB’s & NCA’s umbrella. Ultimately he needed Dubai and United Kingdom to get him back into Professional Cricket.

If Naseem was in South Africa, Australia, New Zealand or England they would have sent him to any of the multiple high performance centres. First and foremost they would have tested his Action with latest biomechanics equipment. The ones we have at Lums is 1st gen equipment with little or no use in 2018 and after getting rotten and rusted for more than a decade PCB owns it with pride.

1. We do not have latest biomechanics equipment

2. We do not have biomechanist

3. We do not have a human movement expert

4. We do not have a highly qualified fast bowling Coach at NCA.

If any we just have Azhar Mehmood that too with Pakistan team.

Just look at the examples of Lockie Ferguson, Starc, Cummins, Pattinson & Ryan Harris. Especially Ryan Harris. Scientific, logical work has been done with them in High performance centres wrt their bowling actions, trainings to maximise their speeds, longevity and getting the best out of them.

Wrt fast bowlers we are still looking for natural talents like Waqar & Shoiab. That’s it.

Someone like Naseem has the ability to bowl quick at such a young age but He doesn’t have any professional setup to go and fix his action scientifically. We were just waiting for stress fractures to break him down.

Sameen Gul at age 15 was locking 140 kph at NCA. Stress fractures and ankle injury resulted in him losing pace (forever). Now he can barely touch 140 kph. I would say it was PCB’s failure.

We are atleast 20 years behind developed Cricketing nations.

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A serious back injury will probably take more than 2-3 months to recover from, I think his chances of playing in PSL are slim, let's just hope this doesn't end his career.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    A serious back injury will probably take more than 2-3 months to recover from, I think his chances of playing in PSL are slim, let's just hope this doesn't end his career.
    Hopefully he does an Usman Shinwari

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Saj any updates on the young lad and how his rehab is going??

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    492 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    His action has improved. Back injuries are natural at this age when you're bowling at that pace.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Waqar Younis had similar injury took him long time to recover and had to change his action but no drop in quality. Luckily he did not have any coach.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1611 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    @Saj any updates on the young lad and how his rehab is going??
    Received an update today.

He is still working on his rehab and strengthening with the fitness trainer at the NCA but isn't bowling yet.
    Last edited by Saj; 1st January 2019 at 20:00.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So who will change his bowling action? Hope he stays away from dangerous people.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1935 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Seems very serious injury that he is still not allowed to bowl yet

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1611 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Pakistan View Post
    So who will change his bowling action? Hope he stays away from dangerous people.
    Well he's not bowling again yet, so there's not even any thought yet on his bowling action.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What’s the latest? If he is not bowling at this stage. Then he is most definitely not taking part in the PSL.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1611 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Brief update.

Nasim's rehab and strengthening continues at the NCA.

He's still not bowling yet but he is confident he will be fit for the PSL.

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope he doesn’t force it too hard to play in this PSL 100%, he’s still young and will have many more PSL’s to play in so he shouldn’t risk anything.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So our next big overrated by fans superstar is injured before making his international debut

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1611 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iPakistani View Post
    Hope he doesn’t force it too hard to play in this PSL 100%, he’s still young and will have many more PSL’s to play in so he shouldn’t risk anything.
    Exactly.

No point risking his career for the sake of one edition of the PSL.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post

The part where he's training he looks to be in good shape, some muscle there. Looking like a real athlete.

Really hope PCB don't destroy his career.

Debut
    Jun 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nasim Shah injury update

Nasim Shah is the only reason I am looking forward to this year's PSL. I believe he has the most potential among the upcoming pacers and a good PSL may catapult him as a surprise package for the World Cup.

So is he on track to recovery and play in the PSL also lets just hope there is not much tinkering done with him and his skills remain the same after injury.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xoib View Post
    Nasim Shah is the only reason I am looking forward to this year's PSL. I believe he has the most potential among the upcoming pacers and a good PSL may catapult him as a surprise package for the World Cup.

So is he on track to recovery and play in the PSL also lets just hope there is not much tinkering done with him and his skills remain the same after injury.
    won,t get many games from QG.I know sarfaraz captaincy who likes to control runrate with trundle so he will play sohail tanvir,anwar ali, irfan junior over him

On the other hand musa is lucky .he will get maximum chance form united
    Last edited by saeed5646; 30th January 2019 at 11:28.

Debut
    Jun 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    won,t get many games from QG.I know sarfaraz captaincy who likes to control runrate with trundle so he will play sohail tanvir,anwar ali, irfan junior over him

On the other hand musa is lucky .he will get maximum chance form united
    he is one of the two emerging player so one has to play maybe they will start with Ghulam Muddasir due to Karachi bias but eventually he will get some games in.

Debut
    Jun 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why Hasnain and Arshad Iqbal are not picked could have been a good chance to bed these guys in like Shaheen last year.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    949 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Aaqib Javed will be licking his lips, and pulling out the “rehab tools”.

Hope the kid recovers under proper guidance.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xoib View Post
    he is one of the two emerging player so one has to play maybe they will start with Ghulam Muddasir due to Karachi bias but eventually he will get some games in.
    How ghulam mudassar in Quetta? He was signed by Lahore qalandars for a ten year contract.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    How ghulam mudassar in Quetta? He was signed by Lahore qalandars for a ten year contract.
    Well, he was picked by QG this year.

LQ and their contracts are yet another gimmick.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Has he modified his Action ?

If not than he is going to destroy his bright future because he will have back stress fractures again.

Pcb send him to some real centre of excellence in Aus, NZ, SA or UK.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1611 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Mohammad Hasnain has replaced injured pacer Naseem Shah in the Quetta Gladiators squad for the HBL PSL 2019, which commences on 14 February. In a repeat of the 2016 final, the Gladiators will take on Peshawar Zalmi in their tournament opener on 15 February in Dubai.

Naseem, who impressed the Quetta Gladiators team management with his performances for the Pakistan U19 and ZTBL on the domestic circuit, was one of the most talked-about emerging picks at this year’s HBL PSL Player Draft.

The 16-year-old pacer from Lower Dir is currently going through a rehabilitation programme at the National Cricket Academy in Lahore where the experts feel he will require more time to recover from his lower back injury.

“I am obviously gutted that I will not be taking part in the HBL PSL 2019. My focus right now is on making a proper recovery so I can play for a long time to come and I am working hard with NCA staff to overcome this injury,” Naseem said.

Hasnain, 18-year-old from Hyderabad, will be looking to make his mark in the Quetta Gladiators team under the captaincy of Sarfaraz Ahmed after having missed out the 2018 edition for Islamabad United due to an injury.

“I am excited with the opportunity to play in HBL PSL 2019 for Quetta Gladiators and I can’t wait to share the dressing room with the leading stars of international cricket,” said Hasnain.

“We have so many seniors in our team including our captain Sarfaraz Ahmed, Dwayne Bravo, Shane Watson, Sohail Tanvir and Sunil Narine. This is nothing short of a dream coming true for an aspiring cricketer like myself.

“Last year was an extremely frustrating experience for me and I can feel for Naseem and what he must be going through,” Hasnain said.
    Last edited by MenInG; 6th February 2019 at 16:33.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    BANGLORE
    Runs
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    i hope he get a proper chance .
    hardly soo.. as he always prefer his friends over everyone

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1611 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Naseem is gutted but he understands that his career is more important than one season of the PSL.

He says he will be with the QG squad to experience what the PSL is like.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Spoke with Nasim earllier today and he has confirmed that he has unfortunately suffered a pretty bad back injury.

Mudassar Nazar mentioned it in his interview with PakPassion that Nasim was pushing his body a bit too much.

Nasim is in rehab and working with the coaches. He has started light training and he hopes to be fit for the Pakistan Super League.
    Serious Injury and will be fit for PSL ?? that will be the fastest recovery ever from a serious injury. On par with Ahmed Shahzad returning to field in the same Odi innings from which he was taken on stretcher.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1611 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketAXEpert View Post
    Serious Injury and will be fit for PSL ?? that will be the fastest recovery ever from a serious injury. On par with Ahmed Shahzad returning to field in the same Odi innings from which he was taken on stretcher.
    See post 42.

He's not fit for PSL.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's okay guys his very young. He can play the domestic season and be more prepared for the next PSL. No need to risk himself for one PSL. Especially as its a world cup year and their is no chance for him to get into the side now.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Great news!!!! Really looking for this kid to get in PSL

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    Great news!!!! Really looking for this kid to get in PSL
    What great news? He is not playing Psl.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1935 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hmm, haven't really paid attention to this kid. Where's all the hype coming from?

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He looks a natural athlete and run up is so much smoother than Hasnain

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this young boy faster than Husnain Haris?

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Some more footage of his session today.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Is he bowling again

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaid_ahmed View Post
    Is this young boy faster than Husnain Haris?
    Yes according to Mudassar Nazar

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1611 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    Is he bowling again
    Yes he is bowling again.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Yes he is bowling again.
    IA the lad lives up to the hype.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes he is bowling again.
    Any chance he plays tomorrow?

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1611 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ataullah View Post
    Any chance he plays tomorrow?
    No he's not in the squad.

He and Saim Ayub are just with the Quetta Gladiators sqaud for the experience and training etc.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    No he's not in the squad.

He and Saim Ayub are just with the Quetta Gladiators sqaud for the experience and training etc.
    Have you seen him bowl live in the nets?

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hope naseem will play Pakistan cup