Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    A minnow against whom you have lost 4 of the last 5 ODIs and 2 of the last 3 T20Is.

Also this minnow has a lot of money.
    Which is why the BPL had payment controversies for multiple seasons due to which they had to be officially reprimanded and criticized by FICA in public and had to even postpone the BPL for a few years. Yes, lots of money indeed. Such a big money spinner that Australia chose to cancel their bilateral home series because the tourists were considered unprofitable to the hosts

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1727 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Just so we are clear about it

To refer to people from Bangladesh, use the word Bangladeshi

Also as mark of respect, either use full name of country or BD for short. Do not shorten in any other way.

Thanks

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Which is why the BPL had payment controversies for multiple seasons due to which they had to be officially reprimanded and criticized by FICA in public and had to even postpone the BPL for a few years. Yes, lots of money indeed. Such a big money spinner that Australia chose to cancel their bilateral home series because the tourists were considered unprofitable to the hosts
    BPL had payment issues at first but now it has been sorted.

Also it is failure of Australia to not have money

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    BPL had payment issues at first but now it has been sorted.

Also it is failure of Australia to not have money
    Failure of Australia? The Broadcasters weren't willing to pay enough money to see Bangladesh to play in Australia. Why is that Cricket Australia's fault?

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Failure of Australia? The Broadcasters weren't willing to pay enough money to see Bangladesh to play in Australia. Why is that Cricket Australia's fault?
    Attendance of India Australia match is all time low. Now tell me that India is not lucrative anymore.

Australia aren't doing well when it comes to maintaining the popularity of cricket. AFL more popular these days

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Attendance of India Australia match is all time low. Now tell me that India is not lucrative anymore.

Australia aren't doing well when it comes to maintaining the popularity of cricket. AFL more popular these days
    It's day 1 of the first test in a long tour - hold your horses. In any case, gate revenue pales in feedback to the value of broadcast rights of any India - Australia series, be it in India or Australia.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gate money is only a small fraction of total money. Millions of TV watchers in India and elsewhere are watching this match. There is no likelihood of CA cancelling tours of India to Australia anytime soon.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    It's day 1 of the first test in a long tour - hold your horses. In any case, gate revenue pales in feedback to the value of broadcast rights of any India - Australia series, be it in India or Australia.
    Yea but popularity of cricket in Australia isn't there anymore

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Yea but popularity of cricket in Australia isn't there anymore
    Regardless of the validity of that claim, it's hardly the reason why Bangladesh weren't invited to tour.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Regardless of the validity of that claim, it's hardly the reason why Bangladesh weren't invited to tour.
    Bangladesh toured Australia 9 years back. We are a far more improved side and have much money financial power.

So what CA's excuse then?

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Bangladesh toured Australia 9 years back. We are a far more improved side and have much money financial power.

So what CA's excuse then?
    It's not CA per-se, perhaps the broadcasters weren't feeling to charitable this time around?

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's not CA per-se, perhaps the broadcasters weren't feeling to charitable this time around?
    So broadcasters were okay with a tour of a weak BD side but not a much improved one?

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    So broadcasters were okay with a tour of a weak BD side but not a much improved one?
    For whatever reason, yes.

2008 was a long time ago, and FTPs were adhered to more strictly back then.

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its still is a good indicator of how many people might be watching on their TV. Broadcast in India is irrelevant because one can say broadcast rights in Bangladesh would also earn good money.

Nonetheless, its very unprofessional of CA to cancel a scheduled tour. If BD becomes a top 5 test team and Australia still canceling the tour you know that would be a suspect. What excuse would Pak or Aus say then, we cant make revenue hosting a top 5 team with 160 million people?

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sri Lanka current Rankings: Test 7/10, ODI 8/10

Australia Overall GDP $1.2 Billions
    Bangladesh overall GDP $687 Billions
    Sri Lanka overall GDP $280 Billions

However somehow hosting Sri Lanka is more profitable for CA and Pak.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BDfanforever View Post

It doesn't make sense to host a country in the UAE when there is no security risk at all to that country in Pakistan. That country was once a part of Pakistan as well.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BDfanforever View Post

You are trying to pull a fast one, comparing Australia's nominal GDP with Bangladesh's GDP on PPP basis. Bangladesh nominal GDP is $ 287 billions only.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It doesn't make sense to host a country in the UAE when there is no security risk at all to that country in Pakistan. That country was once a part of Pakistan as well.
    The same was told about Lanka, there was no risk to them because they are friendly neighbors? Result? Guys like samaraweera being shot

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    How did you decide there is no security threat? Isnt that BD's decision?

Why is that country no more a part of Pakistan?

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by latecut View Post
    You are trying to pull a fast one, comparing Australia's nominal GDP with Bangladesh's GDP on PPP basis. Bangladesh nominal GDP is $ 287 billions only.
    No, I wasnt sure I was looking at PPP on my mobile. Nonetheless, PPP is a better indicator than nominal. Also, I meant to say $1.2 trillions for Australia.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Also I find it hilarious when Pakistan fans say that it is not worth hosting us despite the fact that

-Pakistan rank only one spot ahead of us in ODIs and Tests if I am not mistaken.
    -In Asia Cup there were far more BD fans than Pak fans in BD v Pak encounter.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Just so we are clear about it

To refer to people from Bangladesh, use the word Bangladeshi

Also as mark of respect, either use full name of country or BD for short. Do not shorten in any other way.

Thanks
    Spot on.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Good question, let me give you my honest answer here - hope you can digest.

First of all, no place in earth is full proof - if people can die inside Pentagon from terrorist attacks, no one can garuntee full proof safety.

But, security proofs has lot to do with credibility, probably more than capability. PCB (PAK as a state) has lost itís credibility & I can tell you, there is a genuine lack of trust in PAKís security agencies. Any country is capable of protecting 25 foreigners for 8 weeks, unless there is a neuclear attack, but it doesnít give confidence when you are not sure about the motive of the guy protecting you. Got angry - I give you a classic example: one of the strongest military in world and an unique intelligence service (ISI is probably only national intelligence agenncy in world without any control from civil Administration) .... yet Usama Bin Laden lived within shooting distance of PAKís military academy - for 5 years, with biwi, bacchho. What do you make of this - PAKís security agencies are incompetent, novice, corrupt .... or there is a strong sect among the agencies, who are motivated with different ideology? You might not agree, but enough for someone (cricket boards) accountable for national teamís safety.

Last time, when SRL team was attacked, I read couple of alarming excuses - 1. Our rangers tried, 9 people died .... but the attack was so well planned and executed with proficiency that not much could be done - come on, few goons with Kalashnikov, open fiered for 3-4 minutes on a highly secured convoy at the heart of the most secured metro of PAK, and then left with job well accomplished!!!!!! 2. Proper security couldnít be ensured because of the strike by opposition- Punjab police was busy to manage riots!!!!!!! Do you think, these are professional excuses? Those people attacking SRL team actually didnít want to hurt players, rather they just made sure that PAK is exposed to global audiences; otherwise they could have used hand Grenades & mortar shells to wipe out the entire convoy.

I donít think, bringing Iran or Palestine helps here much, apart from some desperate effort of victimisation - the amount of support PCB or PAK cricket has revived from ICC and its members ... they actually donít deserve it. From fixing, doping to illegal substances trafficking PAK cricket has created enough trouble around to be boycotted. Add to that the antics of your board and itís office bearers .... imagine the treatment SAF & itís cricketers received 50 years back. Filing case, threatening, withdrawing from tour .... what else do you expect? ICC gave PCB a life line to convince teams touring PAK in WC 2011 (boycotting to travel in WC is not new - we have seen that in 1996 & 2007), and SLCB came with good spirits in PCBís help ... then they were thrown in front of wolves!!!! Come on, think what would be your reaction if you were not a Pakistani.

I can categorically write here in records that your board chairmen are liars. They manipulate situations for cheap media mileage and sell it to naive fans. Sethi got humiliated by BCCI and that tool Zaka Ashraf is still fooling lots of PAK Passioners here. One of my relative was BCB director & he was in that meeting itself where a possible BD tour to PAK was discussed - and I can tell you that, for every commitment, BCB covered it with a clause - ďsubject to Govt clearanceĒ. In fact they canít commit any foreign tour without noc from foreign office, which is a standard procedure everywhere. Zaka Ashraf told you guys at airport that BD will tour PAK, but forgot to mention -ďsubject to Govt clearanceĒ.

Players were called to report for tour practice, national selectors were instructed to pick only players willing to travel ... until someone got a stay order from High Court on the tour, considering PAKís state as a travel destination. And, it was a proper trial - against BCBís lawyers, they brought Journalists, foreigners, NGO workers, security experts, diplomats in the witness box - and this will be the case every time BCB agrees to send a team under national colour. Instead of helping PAK, BCB actually needs help from PAK in regard to itís status as a touring destination... these bulling wonít work and I really feel sorry for those desperate souls who think BCB is following BCCiís instructions here. Youíll have to keep believing for many, many years in that route unfortunately.

Unless, PAKís status is changed as a high risk country, donít think 1-2-5 or 10 years matter much here. You probably carry a British passport - try travelling sometimes with PAK passport .... almost every airport, you should realise what I am telling, if you havenít gone through that yey. Still, whatever scope was there, your arrogant board has made sure that PAK is alone here .... otherwise donít ever think that ENG & AUS toured BD within few months of a major attack at the heart of Dhaka only because they had financial crisis, a possible threat of BCB boycotting them or as some trolls like to belive here - upsetting BCCI, by not touring BD��.

And, first of all - start changing own perception- even BCCI isnít your enemy, otherwise they can shut out cricket for PAK - these days no one messes with FTP or pre agreement - BCCI can offer counter tours with their C & D teams and still itíll earn more money to share than your UAE model home tours. PAKís most frequent tour partners are SRL, WIN & ZIM .... I hope you can understand what BCCI can get out of them by comiting one tour every year - he it Indian B, C or D squad. Start to belive that your board is the most incompetent, corrupt, manipulative and arrogant- that day, things might start to change. Itís the PAK people can help PAK cricket by shaping PCB .... bulling, cursing, defaming BCB wonít help much.
    I normally don't post until there is something weird so forgive me for intruding.

I agree with everything you said except the bold part.

I consider myself an extensively travelled man from Zurich to NYC to Seattle to Vancouver to Kuala Lumpur to Beijing or name any other country.

I have never felt any perception of being treated differently.

I even had the audacity to wear a shirt saying "Everybody Lies" ( House MD quote) while travelling through airport security of NYC and the baggage and line check officer just made a humorous remark and let me go through routinely.

Infact, I have seen more people on US passports undergoing scrutiny than my overstamped Pakistani passport.

And I get so high.. And I just can't feel it....

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First of all, no place in earth is full proof - if people can die inside Pentagon from terrorist attacks, no one can garuntee full proof safety.

But, security proofs has lot to do with credibility, probably more than capability. PCB (PAK as a state) has lost itís credibility & I can tell you, there is a genuine lack of trust in PAKís security agencies. Any country is capable of protecting 25 foreigners for 8 weeks, unless there is a neuclear attack, but it doesnít give confidence when you are not sure about the motive of the guy protecting you. Got angry - I give you a classic example: one of the strongest military in world and an unique intelligence service (ISI is probably only national intelligence agenncy in world without any control from civil Administration) .... yet Usama Bin Laden lived within shooting distance of PAKís military academy - for 5 years, with biwi, bacchho. What do you make of this - PAKís security agencies are incompetent, novice, corrupt .... or there is a strong sect among the agencies, who are motivated with different ideology? You might not agree, but enough for someone (cricket boards) accountable for national teamís safety.

Last time, when SRL team was attacked, I read couple of alarming excuses - 1. Our rangers tried, 9 people died .... but the attack was so well planned and executed with proficiency that not much could be done - come on, few goons with Kalashnikov, open fiered for 3-4 minutes on a highly secured convoy at the heart of the most secured metro of PAK, and then left with job well accomplished!!!!!! 2. Proper security couldnít be ensured because of the strike by opposition- Punjab police was busy to manage riots!!!!!!! Do you think, these are professional excuses? Those people attacking SRL team actually didnít want to hurt players, rather they just made sure that PAK is exposed to global audiences; otherwise they could have used hand Grenades & mortar shells to wipe out the entire convoy.

I donít think, bringing Iran or Palestine helps here much, apart from some desperate effort of victimisation - the amount of support PCB or PAK cricket has revived from ICC and its members ... they actually donít deserve it. From fixing, doping to illegal substances trafficking PAK cricket has created enough trouble around to be boycotted. Add to that the antics of your board and itís office bearers .... imagine the treatment SAF & itís cricketers received 50 years back. Filing case, threatening, withdrawing from tour .... what else do you expect? ICC gave PCB a life line to convince teams touring PAK in WC 2011 (boycotting to travel in WC is not new - we have seen that in 1996 & 2007), and SLCB came with good spirits in PCBís help ... then they were thrown in front of wolves!!!! Come on, think what would be your reaction if you were not a Pakistani.

I can categorically write here in records that your board chairmen are liars. They manipulate situations for cheap media mileage and sell it to naive fans. Sethi got humiliated by BCCI and that tool Zaka Ashraf is still fooling lots of PAK Passioners here. One of my relative was BCB director & he was in that meeting itself where a possible BD tour to PAK was discussed - and I can tell you that, for every commitment, BCB covered it with a clause - ďsubject to Govt clearanceĒ. In fact they canít commit any foreign tour without noc from foreign office, which is a standard procedure everywhere. Zaka Ashraf told you guys at airport that BD will tour PAK, but forgot to mention -ďsubject to Govt clearanceĒ.

Players were called to report for tour practice, national selectors were instructed to pick only players willing to travel ... until someone got a stay order from High Court on the tour, considering PAKís state as a travel destination. And, it was a proper trial - against BCBís lawyers, they brought Journalists, foreigners, NGO workers, security experts, diplomats in the witness box - and this will be the case every time BCB agrees to send a team under national colour. Instead of helping PAK, BCB actually needs help from PAK in regard to itís status as a touring destination... these bulling wonít work and I really feel sorry for those desperate souls who think BCB is following BCCiís instructions here. Youíll have to keep believing for many, many years in that route unfortunately.

Unless, PAKís status is changed as a high risk country, donít think 1-2-5 or 10 years matter much here. You probably carry a British passport - try travelling sometimes with PAK passport .... almost every airport, you should realise what I am telling, if you havenít gone through that yey. Still, whatever scope was there, your arrogant board has made sure that PAK is alone here .... otherwise donít ever think that ENG & AUS toured BD within few months of a major attack at the heart of Dhaka only because they had financial crisis, a possible threat of BCB boycotting them or as some trolls like to belive here - upsetting BCCI, by not touring BD��.

And, first of all - start changing own perception- even BCCI isnít your enemy, otherwise they can shut out cricket for PAK - these days no one messes with FTP or pre agreement - BCCI can offer counter tours with their C & D teams and still itíll earn more money to share than your UAE model home tours. PAKís most frequent tour partners are SRL, WIN & ZIM .... I hope you can understand what BCCI can get out of them by comiting one tour every year - he it Indian B, C or D squad. Start to belive that your board is the most incompetent, corrupt, manipulative and arrogant- that day, things might start to change. Itís the PAK people can help PAK cricket by shaping PCB .... bulling, cursing, defaming BCB wonít help much.
    You explained every facet of the matter. Thanks. It should be enough for everyone and I request everyone willing to comment in this thread to read this post before making comment.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan had lost credibility worldwide to provide sufficient security to national cricket team. If BD isn't willing to travel Pakistan( and the decision is justified) why you don't play with us in UAE? Do you think that there is security risk to WI? If not why you play them at UAE?

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would love to see a Bangladesh vs Pakistan test match right now either in Bangladesh or the UAE. But especially Bangladesh, given the pitches there offer support for good cricket.

It would be a fascinating contest. Pakistan with YAsir, Abbas and Hassan Ali (and hopefully they play another spinner + Shadab) vs spin battery of Bangladesh.

Bangladesh have the more solid batting line up, but the result of the series will hinge on how they perform in pressure situations.

It would be a fantastic series.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dani2k View Post
    One of the endearing images of this sorry episode is that of Sanga consoling his pregnant wife as she wept inconsolably when they met at the Airport. We need to realize that sportsmen are not soldiers and the emotional toil that their near and dear have to undergo when such unfortunate incidents do happen. (Not to suggest that a soldier's life is any less or the emotional toil that his family has to go through if he is martyred).

When I saw pictures of gunmen coolly walking away I seriously wondered "what the heck!". Not sure if at all any serious investigation took place and anyone was arrested. It is unfortunate that a Pakistani fan cannot watch his own team in his soil and the public and players are poorer for that. Now that foreign teams are refusing to tour Pakistan and a former cricketer is running the country, why don't the fans put pressure on the government to address the matter and come out with something concrete?
    Yes, instead of telling us that the situation is much better, let us know what action was taken in this case. Were any arrests made ? Were there any prosecutions ? Any action taken ?

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hits the nail bang on head with full force.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1727 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by latecut View Post
    Yes, instead of telling us that the situation is much better, let us know what action was taken in this case. Were any arrests made ? Were there any prosecutions ? Any action taken ?
    You seem to have a lot have a lot of concern for Pakistan cricket so let me answer.

What happened in the past was sad. But we are now in 2018 and the answer to your question about security etc has been given many times before. Maybe some background reading would do the job.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter