Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarwar89 View Post
    Regardless of what ever kiwiz score, on this pitch i am expecting Pak to score 450+
    This is not relevant to the thread but it's nice to see another Sarwar on the forum . Guess what the 's' in as-95 stands for ;)

Aanay do!

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How on earth has Somerville survived today?

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    207 runs in a days cricket.
    today nz scored 229 with 14 extras if we remove that only 215 scored by nz using 7 wickets difference of 8 runs makes a team pathetic and other team gritty

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan would need a lead of 100 minimum and that is very much possible. Provided Kiwiz score 275. Means our batters need to put 375-400 here. Day 2/3 are generally best for batting in Abu Dhabi.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan would need a lead of 100 minimum and that is very much possible. Provided Kiwiz score 275. Means our batters need to put 375-400 here. Day 2/3 are generally best for batting in Abu Dhabi.
    I expect Pakistan to restrict them below 250 in the 1st session. 1 wicket more wicket tomorrow morning and Ajaz and Boult will follow up as next.

If you Can Believe In Something, Than why not believe In Yourself.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Kiwis have recovered well from the time I left at lunch. If they can end the day 7 down, probably an even day.
    No way an even day. Pak were all over Kiwis with the exception of Williamson inning. Couple dropped catches and many near misses pushed them to 229 runs. It does not mean Pak would bat better but today belonged to Pak, well bowled and well captained.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by as-95 View Post
    This is not relevant to the thread but it's nice to see another Sarwar on the forum . Guess what the 's' in as-95 stands for ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by ARK Rafay View Post
    I expect Pakistan to restrict them below 250 in the 1st session. 1 wicket more wicket tomorrow morning and Ajaz and Boult will follow up as next.
    Lets assume Kiwiz do score 275. That is 46 runs away. It will take them 20 overs to do it.

Add 2 overs for change over.

Pak will have around 68 overs to bat tomorrow. In that scenario with a Run rate of say 2.2 by tomorrow stumps Pak should be around 150/3 Max.

Day 3. They need to bat till deep after tea. That is another 75 overs. Run rate 2.75 that is 190 odd runs. 210 + 150 = 360 Lead around 85-90.

Makes Day 4 the decisive day. If kiwiz all out under 220. Then its pakistanís match.

Debut
    Nov 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    & if visitors set a target of 170 ?

Debut
    Nov 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could not watch the match today & end day report on cricinfo says pitch taking alarming turn for day 1 . Is that true ?

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1725 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakPremi View Post
    No way an even day. Pak were all over Kiwis with the exception of Williamson inning. Couple dropped catches and many near misses pushed them to 229 runs. It does not mean Pak would bat better but today belonged to Pak, well bowled and well captained.
    OK, dominant day by PAK - should win by a batting once here.

However, I thought score at the end of the day is 229/7, donít think couple of drop catches & many near misses makes it better day than runs on board. I in fact would have been more worried that amount of chances created on Day 1, suggests itís not that easy wicket to bat, yet they went to put 229 with 3 wickets at hand and a set batsman to guide the tail, on a used wicket where 2 weeks before 153 in 1st innings was enough.

For the first time, in my life I am reading that a day belonged to bowling side because of couple of drop catches & many near misses!!!!

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    658 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Lets hope we can bat well in 1st inns and not mess up trying to get a lead like 1st test.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My view on the game is a little different, I think if NZ scores 275+ then it is winning this game. A touring team gets to bat first and scores 275+ then doesn't matter how the pitch is, it has given itself a very good chance to win the game. Plus Pakistan's traditional problem of chasing, means even a 250+ total in first inning is not bad. Tomorrow morning, I am putting money on NZ win.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

However, I thought score at the end of the day is 229/7, don’t think couple of drop catches & many near misses makes it better day than runs on board. I in fact would have been more worried that amount of chances created on Day 1, suggests it’s not that easy wicket to bat, yet they went to put 229 with 3 wickets at hand and a set batsman to guide the tail, on a used wicket where 2 weeks before 153 in 1st innings was enough.

For the first time, in my life I am reading that a day belonged to bowling side because of couple of drop catches & many near misses!!!!
    Did you read my full message I said Pak bowling were completely dominating kiwis and it no way implies that Pak would bat better, but a score like 229 for 7 cannot be a equal day, even if one says the pitch was tough to bat. They were lucky not to lose more.
    Last edited by PakPremi; 3rd December 2018 at 14:33.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1725 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakPremi View Post
    Did you read my full message I said Pak bowling were completely dominating kiwis and it no way implies that Pak would bat better, but a score like 229 for 7 cannot be a equal day, even if one says the pitch was tough to bat. They were lucky not to lose more.
    I have read your post by every word - twice before posting. But I doubt if you had read my initial post before responding. Here is once more -

Kiwis have recovered well from the time I left at lunch. If they can end the day 7 down, probably an even day.

229/7 looks flattering indeed, but not so when 153 was enough 2 weeks back, on what looks to be a better wicket then.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    682 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

However, I thought score at the end of the day is 229/7, don’t think couple of drop catches & many near misses makes it better day than runs on board. I in fact would have been more worried that amount of chances created on Day 1, suggests it’s not that easy wicket to bat, yet they went to put 229 with 3 wickets at hand and a set batsman to guide the tail, on a used wicket where 2 weeks before 153 in 1st innings was enough.

It's not the same pitch as the 1st test of this series. This was the pitch on which OZ played i think.

'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1725 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    It's not the same pitch as the 1st test of this series. This was the pitch on which OZ played i think.
    Still used wicket. This is the same venue where in last 10 weeks, 3 Tests, few T20s & several ODI had been played - itís impossible to maintain the wicket squire with so many games played in short span. It takes over a week to recover from the spike marks of an ODI, even if the wicket was unused.

I saw morning session & last few overs - the way ball was spinning & new ball kicking, just wait & see the fun. In UAE, major problem for batting side is that itís impossible on these dead slow wickets on lash large out field to do the Hetmyer job. 2.5, at max 2.75 is the expected scoring rate batting 2nd and for PAK you can take some discount on that rate.

If Kiwis do score ~275, means PAK will need to bat 100+ overs just to match 1st innings - I hope they do so, against an over rated Kiwi fielding 😝.
    Last edited by MMHS; 3rd December 2018 at 15:04.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still used wicket. This is the same venue where in last 10 weeks, 3 Tests, few T20s & several ODI had been played - itís impossible to maintain the wicket squire with so many games played in short span. It takes over a week to recover from the spike marks of an ODI, even if the wicket was unused.

I saw morning session & last few overs - the way ball was spinning & new ball kicking, just wait & see the fun. In UAE, major problem for batting side is that itís impossible on these dead slow wickets on lash large out field to do the Hetmyer job. 2.5, at max 2.75 is the expected scoring rate batting 2nd and for PAK you can take some discount on that rate.

If Kiwis do score ~275, means PAK will need to bat 100+ overs just to match 1st innings - I hope they do so, against an over rated Kiwi fielding 😝.
    If you are saying it is a Nagpur type Rank Turner. Then that is completely incorrect.

It is a 400 wicket.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1725 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    If you are saying it is a Nagpur type Rank Turner. Then that is completely incorrect.

It is a 400 wicket.
    You mean Pune, I guess.

In UAE, one big problem is that you can't score quickly. ut today Kiwis have batted 90 overs and it's possible to bat 100+ overs - that's ~250 max in UAE. In IND/BD/SRL, even on rank turners, batsmen can play shots and get proper value for timing on the fast out field. If a team bats 4 session, indeed it's expected to get ~400 there. Not sure about 400 here, but I believe PAK can bat for 4 sessions 1st time - depends on scoring rate that's between 275 to 325. The way Bilal was turning the ball, I think Patel will trouble PAK; haven't seen the other spinner, but same thing I wrote about Patel before 1st Test.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You mean Pune, I guess.

In UAE, one big problem is that you can't score quickly. ut today Kiwis have batted 90 overs and it's possible to bat 100+ overs - that's ~250 max in UAE. In IND/BD/SRL, even on rank turners, batsmen can play shots and get proper value for timing on the fast out field. If a team bats 4 session, indeed it's expected to get ~400 there. Not sure about 400 here, but I believe PAK can bat for 4 sessions 1st time - depends on scoring rate that's between 275 to 325. The way Bilal was turning the ball, I think Patel will trouble PAK; haven't seen the other spinner, but same thing I wrote about Patel before 1st Test.
    Scoring rates can vary session to session, Babar Azam, Hafeez and Sarfaraz can bat with a very decent strike rate.
    Imam Harris and Azhar are slow starters.
    Asad Shafique is 50/50.

Pak managed to bat 5.5 sessions in Dubai. There is no reason why they cant do it in 1st innings over here. Patel was largely ineffective until Babar azam run out in 1st Test.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like an even-steven position. If NZ can get to 300 then it will be NZ advantage with Pak chances to lose more than a win here! Interesting match! Again no crowd!!

Debut
    Nov 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone believe hosts can score 400 on this surface in 1st innings ?

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    We won't chase more than 100 in the 4th innings. Our only hope is to get a 150 lead and keep NZ to 250 2nd innings.

Debut
    Nov 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GLORY OF '92 View Post
    We won't chase more than 100 in the 4th innings. Our only hope is to get a 150 lead and keep NZ to 250 2nd innings.
    150 lead , lol so you expect a 425 ish kind of score

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ILcricket View Post
    Does anyone believe hosts can score 400 on this surface in 1st innings ?
    I think 350 maximum

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Scoring rates can vary session to session, Babar Azam, Hafeez and Sarfaraz can bat with a very decent strike rate.
    Imam Harris and Azhar are slow starters.
    Asad Shafique is 50/50.

Pak managed to bat 5.5 sessions in Dubai. There is no reason why they cant do it in 1st innings over here. Patel was largely ineffective until Babar azam run out in 1st Test.
    This is a different surface than Dubai. NZ pacers also come into play here and there is sharp turn for spinners

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yah whats wrong in that?

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed216 View Post
    This is a different surface than Dubai. NZ pacers also come into play here and there is sharp turn for spinners
    Sharp turn for our spinners only so far.

New zealand do not have quality spinners of that pedigree. This pitch is actually better than the Dubai pitch.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed216 View Post
    I think 350 maximum
    I agree

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting to see how we go with the bat. We need to wrap this rapid

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Plan should be to wrap up the NZ innings in the first half hour and bat at least five sessions , aiming for 350-375.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Plan should be to wrap up the NZ innings in the first half hour and bat at least five sessions , aiming for 350-375.
    That won't be enough. Only if Pakistan get a 300 run lead, do they stand a 50-50 chance of winning.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imshally81 View Post
    hahaha @Aman
    Context.

Name one HOME team who has barely scored 200 runs on the first day of a Test after being 0-1 down in a series.

NZ despite losing a lot more wickets still managed 20 more runs than Pakistan.

Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Horse View Post
    today nz scored 229 with 14 extras if we remove that only 215 scored by nz using 7 wickets difference of 8 runs makes a team pathetic and other team gritty
    Again context.

Give me one home team who has barely scored 200 runs on the first day's play at home after being 0-1 down in a series.

Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    good stuff from yasir again. A bit concerned we bowl him too much

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    Again context.

Give me one home team who has barely scored 200 runs on the first day's play at home after being 0-1 down in a series.
    India vs Australia 2nd test last year...

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickCrick View Post
    India vs Australia 2nd test last year...
    Actually scored under 200

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Aman looks like your boys are doing well. This CDG is the biggest hack I have seen though.

When are you guys touring BD?

Debut
    Nov 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good day for Pakistan. Well done to Watling for surviving, but he needed to do a better job of rotating the strike and putting away the bad balls. 42 off 180 isn't good enough, he missed out on a good 30 or 40 runs, which could prove crucial in the 4th innings.

Debut
    Nov 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sharp turn for our spinners only so far.

New zealand do not have quality spinners of that pedigree. This pitch is actually better than the Dubai pitch.
    The ball was pitching on a good length and rolling through at ankle height in the first session - this is definitely a tougher pitch than Dubai if only because of the variable bounce.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Two tests were won by team batting first. Let's see if trend continues here.

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    658 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    Good day for Pakistan. Well done to Watling for surviving, but he needed to do a better job of rotating the strike and putting away the bad balls. 42 off 180 isn't good enough, he missed out on a good 30 or 40 runs, which could prove crucial in the 4th innings.
    Azhar and sohail havent batted yet, get ready for hslf volleys and half trackers been dead batted tomorrow.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amjid Javed View Post
    Azhar and sohail havent batted yet, get ready for hslf volleys and half trackers been dead batted tomorrow.
    And get ready for that to be applauded and defended to the hill because saying the harsh truths is not allowed on PP.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another match in which Pakistan will be batting in the fourth innings. Second innings lead has to atleast 150 and then Pakistan to try to get them out with in 250 runs in the 3rd innings. This match is shaping up to be another interesting one

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is always heart stopping when we are chasing anything over a 100. We need to keep New Zealand to under 300 in the first innings. Yasir Shah was again our trump card.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.