User Tag List

Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Azhar Ali is one of the best players in the world, you get to learn a lot from him" : Asad Shafiq

Asad Shafiq speaking to the press today:

"I would like to thank the Almighty that I was able to score today - the team needed it and so did I"

"I was getting starts from the last 5-6 matches such as 45,65,85 but I wasn't able to convert them"

"I am happy that I converted the innings to hundred and contributed to the team as well"

"There is no pressure but Azhar Ali and I have a responsibility to play a role after retirements of Misbah-ul-Haq and Younis Khan and to play some big innings"

"In the previous Test, I was out on a bad shot and that was in my head"

"We will try and keep a grip on this game as the match progresses"

"We will do our best to get them out quickly as playing the 4th innings is never easy here"

"In the last few games we have not been able to deliver as a batting unit"

"So its in our minds that if we get into that situation again, how will we handle it"

"and we have prepared ourselves for that but we will try to make sure that we have the smallest possible target"

"After Azhar Ali's wicket, it was crucial for me to stay there and if another big partnership had developed then our lead would have been bigger, and this was our plan"

"But unfortunately I was out soon after and we could not get a good partnership together, but these things happen"

"We should give credit to our bowlers that they bowled really but what is in our hands is to get them out as soon as possible"

"In the past we have seen that whenever Azhar Ali makes a hundred, I follow after that, so I was telling him that make your hundred so it can be my turn after that!"

"It was great satisfaction for both of us as a partnership was required for the team"

"He is one of the best players in the world you get to learn a lot from batting alongside him"

"Yes runouts do have an effect on the game and this type of misunderstanding can happen at any time in the game"

"Its in everyone's mind that getting run out in a Test match is a crime"

"In Yasir Shah's case, his shoe got stuck and if that hadnt happened, he would have made it"

"Yes, this is discussed and if you look at the comparison between performance of our tail with others, then you will see that we are behind"

"So our tailenders are focussing on their batting but hopefully they will try and make this better as when runs are scored by the tailenders then the opposition team feels demoralized by the fact that bowlers are able to score runs like that"

"Yes, the match is in our control but we will have to bowl very well and in very tight areas and lines"

"We will have to keep a check on runs scored by the opposition"

"Our bowlers like Yasir, Shaheen, Hasan have all bowled very well in the first innings"

"It doesn't bother me how I am seen by others as my only goal is that whenever I play, I play for Pakistan, that my contributions should be ones that help the team"

"I never think about how people are presenting me or what they are saying about me, I don't care"

"My only aim to play cricket is to help my team and benefit Pakistan"

"Our plan is to get them out as soon as possible, as its difficult to play in the 4th innings here as the ball spins a lot"

"But based on our bowling quality, and how our spinners and fast-bowlers are bowling we would like to have a target that is achievable"

"And if they do score more runs then our batting has enough strength to chase any target"

"All the other batsmen are good as we saw how Babar Azam and Haris Sohail played in the last match, also will mention Sarfaraz Ahmed"

"The contributions of Misbah-ul-Haq and Younis Khan are very big and we try to make sure that we do not feel the effects of the space created by their departure"

"There can be no comparison with them as they were one of the best players for Pakistan"

"We will try to apply all what we have learnt from them and to serve Pakistan as a better batting unit"

Someone asks what is the fitness position with Imam ul Haq - Shafiq responded

"Physical or mental positions?"

"Sir, he is fit in both aspects"

"Look it happens that there are bouncers and you get hit by balls, but this is part of life of every batsmen"

"and the batsman has to cope with it and I feel that his character is very strong and he is able to handle all this, and God Willing he will come out of this as well"
    Last edited by MenInG; 5th December 2018 at 16:00.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1731 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Good day for Asad but needs to do more in the next innings!

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan left maybe a 100 runs out there. I think if someone could've batted with Sarfraz, he could've scored quickly and a lead of 150 would've been suffice.

As things stand, if NZ can score 200+ in this innings Pakistan will be in trouble. Pakistan needs to keep them below 150.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Asad needs to bring consistency in his game and also score runs when it makes a difference. Don't remember his runs making much of difference a lot of times.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny thing about Shafiq is that he always looks in sublime touch yet somehow always manages to find ways to get out. I think he deserves credit for a very good innings today but it could have been so much more

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    He’s talking as if Azhar is his senior or something

Till how long will Asad play the role of the upcoming player unwilling to take responsibility

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hate when batsmen throw it away after getting to a 100. Asad needs to learn from Azhar. You need to go at least that extra mile after scoring a century

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    He’s talking as if Azhar is his senior or something

Till how long will Asad play the role of the upcoming player unwilling to take responsibility
    Exactly , he is acting as a newcomer . At this stage of career , he should not be learning from anyone but other juniors should be learning from him but alas that won’t happen.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm worried about this game!!!!

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NZ are not going to go away easily and that just makes me nervous in a 4th innings chase

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve