Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

"I've played ODIs alongside Sarfaraz as a batsman and that can happen in future" : Mohammad Rizwan

Wicketkeeper-batsman Mohammad Rizwan, who is awaiting his return to the national squad, believes that Pakistan captain Sarfraz Ahmed cannot be blamed for his non-inclusion in the team.

Speaking to journalists in Karachi during the pre-tournament press conference of Emerging Teams Asia Cup, the batsman said he will play whenever playing for Pakistan will be in his fate.

“I don’t think like that,” he said when asked if he finds himself unlucky that the national team is currently led by a wicketkeeper and that blocks his way to the national squad.

“I have played enough ODIs with Sarfraz as batsman and that can happen in future too as there are teams travelling with two wicketkeepers,” he said.

“But I don’t think I’m not playing for Pakistan because of Sarfraz. I will play whenever it’s written for me,” he added.

The 26-year-old wicketkeeper-batsman from Peshawar expressed his delight on current form and said that he’s in the best form of his career.

“I’m at my peak at the moment. I have never scored so consistently before and I’m happy that my hard work is paying me back,” Rizwan said.

“I will continue to perform and that’s my job. It’s up to selectors where they find me fit to be included in national team.”

EMERGING TEAMS ASIA CUP:

Pakistan took another step towards the revival of international cricket on Thursday when it was announced that four teams will be in action at two different venues of the city on the inaugural day (December 6) of ACC Emerging Teams Asia Cup.

Pakistan is hosting pool B teams that includes Pakistan, UAE, Bangladesh and Hong Kong for the event – which is co-hosted by Sri Lanka.

Pakistan will take on Hong Kong at National Stadium while UAE will face Bangladesh at the Southend Club Ground on opening day.

Test Cricketer Mohammad Rizwan, who’s leading Pakistan’s side, said that his team has eyes on the final of the tournament.

“We have our eyes on the final in Colombo,” Rizwan told media in Karachi.

“Teams like UAE, Hong Kong and Afghanistan can be dangerous as their emerging squads are not much different from the main team but we are confident of a good show here,” he said.

He expressed his delight to be playing at home ground.

“For long our home grounds were not actually ours but now steps are being taken and it’s good to be wearing green at home,” he said.

Hong Kong captain Aizaz Khan said that his side has produced some good results recently and has the capacity to surprise any team.

“We have played some good cricket recently and we are looking forward to a good competition in Karachi,” Khan said.

The PCB has made foolproof security arrangements for the event which will continue will 9th December in Karachi as it sees the tournament as an opportunity to showcase its capability to host top-level cricket at its grounds.

And the arrangements has impressed Bangladesh captain Nurul Hassan who committed that to convey positive report back to his board.

“It’s a nice place to play cricket, I hope other teams also start touring Pakistan and I will also tell my board about the arrangements made here,” he said.

https://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/201...national-side/

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    What is this useless tournament

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Interesting. I didnt know about the emerging teams asia cup. Is any tv channel covering this in the UK?

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He can replace Asif Ali in ODI

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ummii View Post
    Easily.

Asif Ali has no place in International Cricket.

Debut
    May 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If he takes of in international cricket he may aswell replace Sarfraz.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by j_kazmi View Post
    If he takes of in international cricket he may aswell replace Sarfraz.
    I wish but unfortunately, it is not going to happen soon. What I am seeing right now he could get a call for RSA tour.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I hope he's improved his game play against spin, otherwise he's not worth it.

Pakistan is that kid who never studies for his exams but is surprised when he fails.

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Dublin
    Runs
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like Rizwan. He seems to have a good temperament, which most Pakistani batsmen lack. He does have technical issues but at least they can be improved.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He looked so much better in the psl. After the world cup sarfraz should retire from tests at least and rizwan comes in , though I would want sarfraz to retire from Odis too.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    662 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rizwan can't hold a bat properly against anything over 130kph.

Stop glorifying him, he's just like Sarfraz.

Maybe even inferior as a batsman.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post

He got better average than Asif Ali and can be a better ODI player than Asif, we can invest more on Asif just because he is a power hitter with the average of 20s.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    He's saying, "Let me in the team you bums, how awkward will be for you Sarfraz when you select me and I outperform you and eventually edge you out". But more politely.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    509 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Clearly can play instead of walking wicket Asif Ali.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    291 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I love this notion that once you've seen how a player bats, there is no possibility of him improving. Sure he looked poor with the bat against Australia, but his recent form is incredible and definitely worthy of a run with the national team.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post

Did you watch the recent Pak A vs NZ A series?

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has left the selectors with no choice but to select him or end up looking clueless and unjust.