Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    There will be a few at the PCB who will be worried about this appointment especially those who have made a career out of doing nothing.

In addition I see some of the media already after Wasim when he hasn't even started in the role yet.
    Rashid latif was not happy during his caught nehind show with DR.Nomazn Niaz @MMHS.Was giving rediculous excuses not to hire foreign staff.
    Last edited by DRsohail; 11th December 2018 at 22:44.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2019 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    Rashid latif was not happy during his caught nehind show with DR.Nomazn Niaz @MMHS.Was giving rediculous excuses not to hire foreign staff.
    Then, someone should explain him that WKhan isn't a foreigner!!!!! Also, Dr. Niaz talks lot in his own way, but doesn't bother to answer any questions, doesn't close any argument, just slides past smoothly - if Latif has a valid concern, they should definitely discuss it fair a open.

I am a Bangladeshi, living in Toronto - at first sight of the job description, I wrote here that PCB is trying to hire someone from outside, because I don't see any capable local for the job. May be, instead of explaining WK's nationality (he holds a PAK Passport & speaks Urdu/Punjabi, which I am sure "critics" are not aware), someone in a live telecast should ask Latif regarding the JD, scopes, expectations ... and ask him point blank - where are the gaps and if Latif thinks there are more to add/modify, or he can explain why it's not adequate . Then Latif might suggest who is best fit in PAK.

I am sure, the "concern" is around "how a foreigner can crack the ultimate code of PAK cricket....", but someone should explain first what are the PAK codes that a guy with WK's background can't understand. Maqbool Dhudhia was BCB's CEO for 5 years, and he could do a fantastic job from his ZIM origin, without ever coming to BD prior to appointment.

If Ehsan Mani has decided to hire a CEO, he must give him the authority and backup as well, otherwise no point hiring a top professional here. I am sure PCB is matching WK's UK standard compensation package, may be higher considering that the guy is moving from his UK base. But he is not here for the money for sure - PCB better use him with proper dignity, and protect him from undue criticism, otherwise next PCB CEO might be Dinesh Ramdhin equivalent .......

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1076 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Nobody should take seriously the opinion of a man who selected a player in Jahid Ali for PSL despite a List A SR of 69 and never playing a T20.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Nobody should take seriously the opinion of a man who selected a player in Jahid Ali for PSL despite a List A SR of 69 and never playing a T20.
    Sadly these players have influence and they run their mouths for gaining extra.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1611 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    There will be plenty not happy with his appointment, particularly those in the media and at PCB who know that their freebies will stop, their jobs and performances will be properly analysed and those who have been earning money for doing nothing at the PCB for many years.

They should all quite rightly be worried.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1611 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Well there sadly is a culture in Pakistan cricket of people feeling threatened and worried when someone from the 'outside' offers ideas and opinions. The insecurity smells of nepotism and a lack of professionalism.

I recall speaking with a UK based professional in his line of work who had offered to help PCB with some 'issues'. When he contacted PCB the help out, the guy who was supposed to be doing the work and had made a total mess for years told PCB officials to not allow him to help at all.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    These guys enjoying the freebies in the PCB have only been able to survive there because of political connections

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lets see what happens. have seen threads with high hopes for whatmore, mickey, inzimam, mani, sarfraz which later turn out to be sore. keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best but will not surprised if story repeats itself.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    It was apparently a very close tie between Dr Nauman Niaz and Wasim Khan for this post. So I won't be surprised Dr Nauman and Rashid Latif not happy about this move. Sour Grapes
    Last edited by Saj; 12th December 2018 at 01:33.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Wasim is a relative of a very close friend of mine. He is a nice guy and very comeptent. He'll do a good job if he is given the opportunity to do so. He'll take no prisoners too. Dont mess with a Raja lol.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1935 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    LAHORE: The Supreme Court’s decision announced on Saturday directing the federal and provincial governments to set deadline for those civil servants having foreign nationalities or permanent residence permits to either rescind their current status or resign from the service immediately may create problems for the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chairman Ehsan Mani and the newly appointed managing director Wasim Khan.

The PCB is also a statutory body and the decision of the Supreme Court applies on such organisations as well.

A bench of the Apex court on Saturday announced the detailed judgment in the dual nationalities’ case which says: “The acquisition of foreign nationalities and permanent residence permits etc by citizens during employment in the government service or autonomous/semi-autonomous statutory bodies/organizations and companies etc which are owned/controlled/governed by the federal and/or provincial governments, indicates, prima facie, and indeed in many cases (but not all) is, an intention to securely dispatch ill-gotten gains procured during service and to relocate their families and/or themselves during service and/or after retirement. Such individuals deserve no leniency.”

Dawn learned that initial discussion in the PCB was also held over this issue but it remained undecided about the impact of the decision on the Board.

“This is intended to send a strong signal to all officials in the employment of the government of Pakistan at any level that they must not deceive Pakistan by breaking the trust that they have been bestowed upon by virtue of their office,” the judgment adds.

The judgment was made by Chief Justice of Pakistan Mian Saqib Nisar while Justice Ijazul Ahsan was the other member at the special bench that announced the reserved verdict at the Lahore registry.

According to PCB’s constitution that came into force on July 10, 2014 through a government’s notification: “Statutory Regulation Ordinance S.R.O.43 (KE)/2014. In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (1) of section 3, read with section 4, of the Sports (Development and Control) Ordinance, 1962 (XVI of 1962), the Federal Government is pleased to make the following Constitution of the Pakistan Cricket Board.”

Since both Mani and Wasim have been the residents of the UK, cricket and law experts believe that both officials can come under the spotlight in view of this decision of the Supreme Court.

Mani took charge as the PCB chairman on Aug 20 this year while Wasim is set to join the Board in February 2019.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1451649/sc...ect-mani-wasim

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    LAHORE: The Supreme Court’s decision announced on Saturday directing the federal and provincial governments to set deadline for those civil servants having foreign nationalities or permanent residence permits to either rescind their current status or resign from the service immediately may create problems for the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chairman Ehsan Mani and the newly appointed managing director Wasim Khan.

The PCB is also a statutory body and the decision of the Supreme Court applies on such organisations as well.

A bench of the Apex court on Saturday announced the detailed judgment in the dual nationalities’ case which says: “The acquisition of foreign nationalities and permanent residence permits etc by citizens during employment in the government service or autonomous/semi-autonomous statutory bodies/organizations and companies etc which are owned/controlled/governed by the federal and/or provincial governments, indicates, prima facie, and indeed in many cases (but not all) is, an intention to securely dispatch ill-gotten gains procured during service and to relocate their families and/or themselves during service and/or after retirement. Such individuals deserve no leniency.”

Dawn learned that initial discussion in the PCB was also held over this issue but it remained undecided about the impact of the decision on the Board.

“This is intended to send a strong signal to all officials in the employment of the government of Pakistan at any level that they must not deceive Pakistan by breaking the trust that they have been bestowed upon by virtue of their office,” the judgment adds.

The judgment was made by Chief Justice of Pakistan Mian Saqib Nisar while Justice Ijazul Ahsan was the other member at the special bench that announced the reserved verdict at the Lahore registry.

According to PCB’s constitution that came into force on July 10, 2014 through a government’s notification: “Statutory Regulation Ordinance S.R.O.43 (KE)/2014. In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (1) of section 3, read with section 4, of the Sports (Development and Control) Ordinance, 1962 (XVI of 1962), the Federal Government is pleased to make the following Constitution of the Pakistan Cricket Board.”

Since both Mani and Wasim have been the residents of the UK, cricket and law experts believe that both officials can come under the spotlight in view of this decision of the Supreme Court.

Mani took charge as the PCB chairman on Aug 20 this year while Wasim is set to join the Board in February 2019.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1451649/sc...ect-mani-wasim
    This is a tricky one. While it can be questioned that people with dual nationalities may unfairly exploit it, but foreign Pakistani nationals want to give back to their home country and having to give up their foreign passports may be a barrier because these individuals still want that security and second option in case things in Pakistan turn for the worst

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many in PCB will be happy, @MMHS last night I heard Khalid Mahmood criticising Mani and so was Yahya.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1611 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    This will only affect those who gained dual nationality whilst in the role.

It will not affect Mani or Wasim Khan.

Try again.....

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    This will only affect those who gained dual nationality whilst in the role.

It will not affect Mani or Wasim Khan.

Try again.....
    So far have seen the likes of Rashid Latif, Nauman Niaz, Khalid Mehmood and some Geo Super reporters criticize the appointment and some ludicrous reasons ie the guy being British will not have an understanding of the Pakistani culture and environment, running a county side is no where near comparible to running the pcb, how loyal will be be to Pakistan given his dual nationality, he is just in it for the fat paycheques, perks and that he can get away with things in Pakistan that he wouldn't be able to get away with in the west

I mean like lol, I can understand why PCB employees might have fears and why someone like Nauman Niaz who was apparently number two in the running for the role will have sour grapes but why do ex test cricketers and people like Khalid Mehmood have something to fear or gripe given that they are not in the pcb?

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    790 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    A lot of speculation going on here I see but as I wrote earlier there is almost an 80-90% chances that this might not work at all and will leave a bad taste, bringing us back to square 1 a year later to where we are right now.

Pakistani sports bodies (PCB, PHF, PFF) are one of the most (if not the most) politicized and lobbied groups I've ever known or read about. Sub governing bodies that are attached to PCB like KCCA and LRCA are toxic and have members that literally have so much power (yet are almost unknown) is baffling in a almost mafia like manner.

Recently, I personally spoke with an opening batsmen from the Emerging cup tournament and this guy was supposed to be in the PSL (hands down) yet at the last minute he was snubbed because a high ranking official from the Pindi Region made a call to the second biggest franchise in PSL and consequently the son of this High Ranking official was selected while the emerging cup opener was left to rot in domestics.

These types of politics; you can't stop by just holding a position in the PCB as people will go over your head and pull strings that are based on person to person relationships and contacts which have spawned for over decades. A 2-3 year stint by someone who will land into this mess and probably face opposition from day 1, as he isn't part of the 'crowd' will fail 9 times out of 10 against such odds.

Wasim might be a very competent administrator but he will face an uphill battle from all corners as he will most definately be seen as an outsider and therefore would have to either mend 'his' ways or frustratingly leave in the end.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1611 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    So far have seen the likes of Rashid Latif, Nauman Niaz, Khalid Mehmood and some Geo Super reporters criticize the appointment and some ludicrous reasons ie the guy being British will not have an understanding of the Pakistani culture and environment, running a county side is no where near comparible to running the pcb, how loyal will be be to Pakistan given his dual nationality, he is just in it for the fat paycheques, perks and that he can get away with things in Pakistan that he wouldn't be able to get away with in the west

I mean like lol, I can understand why PCB employees might have fears and why someone like Nauman Niaz who was apparently number two in the running for the role will have sour grapes but why do ex test cricketers and people like Khalid Mehmood have something to fear or gripe given that they are not in the pcb?
    The issue is that there are a lot of people involved in Pakistan cricket who have had it easy and what I mean by that is that they have made a living for many years doing very little.

Now with Wasim Khan looking like he wants to actually see and look at what people are doing at the PCB, those individuals are going to feel threatened, so they will go to their friends in the media and in politics to try and make Wasim's life as difficult as possible in the role.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does any one know how much PCB will be paying Wasim Khan for his services?

Good luck to him and I wish him all the best

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by We Bleed Green View Post
    Does any one know how much PCB will be paying Wasim Khan for his services?

Good luck to him and I wish him all the best
    Sami ul Hasan the PCB Media manager is getting Rs 1 million per month. Wasim Khan is probably getting Rs 2 million per month.

Fair enough you want the best professionals from the market, pay them above market wages and be competitive.