User Tag List

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1757 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

"It saddens me that even after such a good performance by me, we didn't win the series" : Yasir Shah

Yasir Shah speaking on TV

"Obviously one feels happy about your personal performance, especially since I have become man of the series after a long time"

"I tried to bowl with a good line and keep my bowling action repeatable - this is also something I practiced on in the nets as well"

"Along with Azhar Mahmood, I looked at my videos and worked on my action etc which is why my rythm came back"

"I always work on my own bowling and dont worry about who has taken more wickets than me or not, I just do my best"

"It saddens me that even after such a good performance, we did not win the series"

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    291 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    To be honest, Yasir let Pakistan down badly in the third innings this test match, he did not rise to the occasion but then again he was up against Kane Williamson as well who is no bum either.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Montreal
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blame is clearly on openers and Pakistan batting has really let us down

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Really sad!!!

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yasir is a human being he did all he could he won us the 2nd test. In first test we gifted them wickets and thats it.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    To be honest, Yasir let Pakistan down badly in the third innings this test match, he did not rise to the occasion but then again he was up against Kane Williamson as well who is no bum either.
    Blame is definately on Yasir right? Because Pakistan couldnt chase 280 so blame it on Yasir.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    291 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarwar89 View Post
    Yasir is a human being he did all he could he won us the 2nd test. In first test we gifted them wickets and thats it.
    Sure he is human but he failed to counter the world class batting of Williamson in his own conditions, the quality of a bowler is assessed on how he fares against the best.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    291 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CadPakFan View Post
    Blame is definately on Yasir right? Because Pakistan couldnt chase 280 so blame it on Yasir.
    Not blaming but Williamson made him look like a club bowler on a Day 4 pitch in the UAE which will hurt Yasir's reputation

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure he is human but he failed to counter the world class batting of Williamson in his own conditions, the quality of a bowler is assessed on how he fares against the best.
    Shane warne failed against Laxman 281. It can happen tht is cricket.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yasir was brilliant but this series eventually belongs to Willimason now. A couple of fifties, a 28* with no one to support and a special series defining century.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    291 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarwar89 View Post
    Shane warne failed against Laxman 281. It can happen tht is cricket.
    Warne had a very rubbish record against India, in fact it is used against him whenever the discussions of Warne vs Murliatharan take place.
    Last edited by MenInG; 7th December 2018 at 19:33.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    But captain failed to take the review when the ball had some zip and we were at top that was the turning point plus there were lot of plays and misses against Kane by yasir initially once settled on this ground it is hard to get out. The review which sarfaraz saved first latter used in half an hour to lose it

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for him his record has been overshadowed,
    Our bowlers are the very reason we are in the 10. IF Inzamam had played politics there also we would've been finished.

Credit to bowling coach Azhar Mahmood and Arthur for their role in their progress.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Can't blame Yasir, a quality batting side in SC conditions would have score 450+ and ended up bowling their second innings in slightly less batting friendly conditions.

The batsmen are to blame - Azhar threw it away when he needed to go big, Shafiq doesn't have the drive after he reaches his ton, hence why his top score in tests is just 137.

If you open the batting with Imam and Hafeez, well you simply deserve to lose before the commencement of the contest.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One more review not taken by Sarfi & shah like 1st test of Australian series cost us another test.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    It was shocking to lose the 1st Test from a comfortable position. This time we knew it will be difficult chasing 200 on the final day.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    He tried his best, but he needed help from the other end and he didn't get it.

The likes of Zafar, Asghar, Bhatti or even Irfan the sla would have made a huge difference.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    343 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yasir was below his standards on 4th day pitch. NZ ran away with this test on 4th day after being 60/4. Game was lost right there.

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    OZtRaLeYah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Warne had a very crap record against India, in fact it is used against him whenever the discussions of Warne vs Murliatharan take place.
    Muralitharan had just a terrible record in India avg 42 odd with the ball..

"Everything else seems so superfluous." ~ Albert Einstein on the Bhagavad-Gita

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    While what Yasir said may be true, this is not the time for a team player to say it. A team needs to pull together in times of adversity.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffet View Post
    Yasir was below his standards on 4th day pitch. NZ ran away with this test on 4th day after being 60/4. Game was lost right there.
    Pakistan missed a review of Nichols early on, when I think he was on 8 or 9. After that the team just didn't bowl well. Think Yasir was quite tired and Sarfaraz didn't try anything else like use Haris or Hafeez. But the bowling on the 4th day wasn't great.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yasir drops williamson on Bilal on the 4th day just after lunch. Had Yasir caught that easy chance we would have seen a different result in this match
    Last edited by sully3; 7th December 2018 at 19:18. Reason: wrong day

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What? Game was lost when Pakistan surrendered the chance to get a big lead. NZ knew one good partnership and whatever lead they could get would destroy Pakistan mentally. You can't expect Yasir to run through NZ every innings. What are the other players, more specifically the batsmen, supposed to do? Stand around and take the plaudits for the performance of one bowler?

Abbas won Pakistan the series against Australia. Yasir almost did here too. The batsmen were nowhere to be found in either of these series. Shameful and all six of these batsmen should cry themselves to sleep tonight. Losers.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have nothing to apologize for.

29 wickets in a 3 match Test series is a wonderful effort.

The usual culprits have done it again.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Glasgow/Scotland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We really need a dynamic person as our chief selector, big fan of inzi as a player but as a CS he picked his nephew for both formats when he was not even amongst the top 10 domestic performers which means Inzi proved to everybody that pcb is run the same old way🤦🏽*♂️
    INZI MUST GO simply for playing Hafeez v the Kiwis

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yasir was outstanding its just a shame the batsmen were a shambles once again and keep repeatingly being picked

Some hard questions need to be answered by inzy and co on his selection methods

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Williamson is a class player. Yasir is a human, not in every game he can pick up 5+ wickets.

If you Can Believe In Something, Than why not believe In Yourself.

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yasir Shah is a top spinner and one of the best in the world no doubt. However, how can a professional cricketer gloat about ...good performance by me...? Your performance was obviously not effective enough to win the series.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was looking like a club bowler on day 4 pitch with figure of 100-2. That shouldn't be figure for a top spinner at home even on day 1 let alone on day 4.

In the end he picked 4 wickets and figure of 130-4 look much better but it was as useless as it can get.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    One man army and he did the best he could. Abbas' injury affected the team as well. Pak needs to get better in chasing. They dominated the game for 3 days but gave up as soon as WIlliamson put a big score

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats Life for a Pakistani bowler

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    343 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    What? Game was lost when Pakistan surrendered the chance to get a big lead. NZ knew one good partnership and whatever lead they could get would destroy Pakistan mentally. You can't expect Yasir to run through NZ every innings. What are the other players, more specifically the batsmen, supposed to do? Stand around and take the plaudits for the performance of one bowler?

Abbas won Pakistan the series against Australia. Yasir almost did here too. The batsmen were nowhere to be found in either of these series. Shameful and all six of these batsmen should cry themselves to sleep tonight. Losers.
    Agree that batting was poor, but I hardly expect good batting from this line up. I did expect NZ to get a low total after they were 60/4. You can simply say that I rate Yasir and don't rate Pakistani batting.

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    370 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wonderful effort by him. But the team who won the series was the 1 who picked 2 spinners who made the team on bowling merit? Bilal doesn't make the team on bowling merit and needs to be replaced.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not blaming but Williamson made him look like a club bowler on a Day 4 pitch in the UAE which will hurt Yasir's reputation
    In a series where Yasir was comfortably Pakistan's best player I think you're being very naive. Opposition players find ways to nullify threats, match circumstances change so to expect tier 1 performances every single game is unrealistic. He's contributed heavily in all games and was staggeringly good in one of those.

He also has shattered a very old record by racing away to 200 wickets.

You really need to pick on another player to fault for this series.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlizeeFan View Post
    He was looking like a club bowler on day 4 pitch with figure of 100-2. That shouldn't be figure for a top spinner at home even on day 1 let alone on day 4.

In the end he picked 4 wickets and figure of 130-4 look much better but it was as useless as it can get.
    Why did he look poor? Was he bowling long hops and getting trashed by the NZ batsmen? Please elaborate rather than use the usual banal commentary we see from all fickle Pakistani fans.

Sarfraz changed the tactics and made him bowl negatively early, who's fault is that? The NZ batsmen battened down the hatches and said "thou shall not pass", sometimes it's ok to give the opposition credit. NZ played very very well, this performance was more about their batsmen showing patience and courage than our bowlers failing.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BDfanforever View Post
    Yasir Shah is a top spinner and one of the best in the world no doubt. However, how can a professional cricketer gloat about “...good performance by me...”? Your performance was obviously not effective enough to win the series.
    Is it gloating to tell it as it is? If he played terribly and said so we wouldn't bat an eyelid about the comment, but since the role is reverse everyone is kicking up a fuss about it.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree that batting was poor, but I hardly expect good batting from this line up. I did expect NZ to get a low total after they were 60/4. You can simply say that I rate Yasir and don't rate Pakistani batting.
    That's hardly fair. So since you rate Yasir, you expect him to run through NZ every single time he bowls? Its Pakistan v New Zealand, not Yasir Shah vs New Zealand.

Yasir got 29 wickets in 3 games. That is the performance of an absolute lion-hearted champion. The six batsmen were only good enough to nullify that performance and bring shame upon this cricketing nation.