Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffet View Post
    When did being an Asian team and challenging Aus in Aus elevates a team to be a truly no 1? Now winning a series in Aus will be different.
    India is a no 1 side in ranikng, that is the biggest reason of calling them no 1. What I was trying to say that , no Asian team challenged the Aussies and win the series in Australia in last few decades. The way India is playing here, they can achieve that feat in this series which will put further weight beside there no 1 ranking. In recent times we see that any no 1 side isn't versatile in their performance and they are being home track bully, wins at home but looses abroad but somehow the ranikng system makes them no 1.

Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great day for us, pity Kohli got out so close to stumps. Pujara as usual doing his grinding role to perfection. Not to sound arrogant but I don't see how this Aussie team can chase above 220 on 4th/5th day track here. But to be absolutely safe I hope we can get another 100 runs in 40 something overs tomorrow. Target 270 in 4.5 sessions, let them take the bait.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's no way India can lose from here. But I think winning the toss was a real advantage.

John 3:16

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    And Rahane is our Asad Shafiq.
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket.mad View Post
    Poojara is our Azhar ali..strike rate of 33
    Difference is wherever,what pitches Asad and Azhar play on they play in same turtle way. This is Australia and India is playing here. Poojara and Rahane can play like this now ,no offence. Their overall SR is better than Azhar,Asad and I don't think they will play like this in India

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Some people called this a flat pitch!! Its sluggish, two paced, enough eam for pacers and sharp turn and bounce for spinners.

Another 100 or so to set 260 should be a good target for Australia.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    442 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    A big LOL at Rahul getting the 'Most Assured Player' sponsor plug in the post match show.

These guys have no idea.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    A big LOL at Rahul getting the 'Most Assured Player' sponsor plug in the post match show.

These guys have no idea.
    Tbf we were all very assured that he was going to get out playing a dumb shot, I say that should count.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    442 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jagatk View Post
    Tbf we were all very assured that he was going to get out playing a dumb shot, I say that should count.
    They burned the 'Most Dependable Player' on Pujara and they had to give this Assured thingy out as well so he was just at the right place at the right time haha.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They burned the 'Most Dependable Player' on Pujara and they had to give this Assured thingy out as well so he was just at the right place at the right time haha.
    One of rahul, Vijay or rahane needs to be dropped for shaw if ye is fit next game. Rather have the kid get a bit of experience than continuing with 3 who are destined to fail.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Warner and Smith missing is a huge loss for us, 12,000 runs between them, big hole to fill.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    499 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    One of rahul, Vijay or rahane needs to be dropped for shaw if ye is fit next game. Rather have the kid get a bit of experience than continuing with 3 who are destined to fail.
    There's Vihari as well.Rahane should definitely be gone.Shaw should come back but I'd drop Vijay than Rahul

The only disability in life is a bad attitude. -Scott Hamilton

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba Red View Post
    Warner and Smith missing is a huge loss for us, 12,000 runs between them, big hole to fill.
    You are right. Even a truck fully loaded with sandpaper won't be able to fill that big hole.

Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rahane averages 31.65 since 01 Dec 2016.

Interesting. I wonder why he is still in the team. Could give others a chance? Na?

Debut
    Nov 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    180/5 will bring Aus right back.
    i like your optimism . We still will have Rohit & Pant on crease .

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">As of now, India is in the driver’s seat and all set to take the game away. Australia need to bowl well in the first session tomorrow to stay in the game, otherwise they go to the next Test down 1-0. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/INDvAUS?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#INDvAUS </a></p>&mdash; Sachin Tendulkar (@sachin_rt) <a href="https://twitter.com/sachin_rt/status/1071338905369239552?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 8, 2018</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

When in Doubt- Act Stupid....... That's Pakistan Cricket for you.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    499 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomaskutty View Post
    There's no way India can lose from here. But I think winning the toss was a real advantage.
    Ofcouse they can. If Aus can bowl us out around 250,I expect them to chase it

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saurav View Post
    There's Vihari as well.Rahane should definitely be gone.Shaw should come back but I'd drop Vijay than Rahul
    Not a fan of vihari, scored a fifty but looked really streaky doing it.

Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dűr
    Runs
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    As opposed to Rahane's brilliant strokeplay and commanding presence on the pitch, you mean?

Tazimi Sirdar

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TM Riddle View Post
    As opposed to Rahane's brilliant strokeplay and commanding presence on the pitch, you mean?
    It's basically picking best of a bad bunch.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

These guys have no idea.
    As dumb as his shot was to get out, his aggression set the things rolling for us in the 2nd innings. We were going nowhere with 10 runs in 10 overs. That 43 from Rahul could be absolutely gold dust in the context of the game and series.

Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomaskutty View Post
    True that. And to think we lost 7/8 tosses in SA and Eng, we have been hard on the boys. Even chasing 180 runs in the 4th innings in modern era is a mighty tough task, more so overseas.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    682 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    So Australia have not successfully chased more than 200 in over a 100 years at the Adelaide Oval. I think that would make India slight favourites as long as we continue to bat two sessions.

'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    442 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckler View Post
    True that. And to think we lost 7/8 tosses in SA and Eng, we have been hard on the boys. Even chasing 180 runs in the 4th innings in modern era is a mighty tough task, more so overseas.
    It seems everytime we head overseas we tend to bowl first in the first innings of the first test.

Glad we could buck that trend with this game.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    So Australia have not successfully chased more than 200 in over a 100 years at the Adelaide Oval. I think that would make India slight favourites as long as we continue to bat two sessions.
    Ashwin has failed to lead the bowing unit on 3rd/4th day of away tests in SA and England. Which is why need a cushion of extra 30-40 runs. 270-275 will be great for us. Need a couple of 30s or 40s to get us there

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    682 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketindiafan View Post
    Ashwin has failed to lead the bowing unit on 3rd/4th day of away tests in SA and England. Which is why need a cushion of extra 30-40 runs. 270-275 will be great for us. Need a couple of 30s or 40s to get us there
    I'd be glad if they can get even more than that. I want us to bat 80 overs tomorrow. That would mean Australia are on the field for 140 overs and that is priceless. Even if it means that we score only 150-200 runs is fine by me.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India need to bat time tomorrow. Score at 1 RPO in the first session but lose no more than 1 wicket. Milk the tired bowlers in second session, and aim to bat for 15 overs in the third. A target close to 300 would be ideal. It means scoring 140 runs tomorrow which isn't hard but would require patience and application similar to Pujara-Kohli stand today.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    682 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AMSS View Post
    India need to bat time tomorrow. Score at 1 RPO in the first session but lose no more than 1 wicket. Milk the tired bowlers in second session, and aim to bat for 15 overs in the third. A target close to 300 would be ideal. It means scoring 140 runs tomorrow which isn't hard but would require patience and application similar to Pujara-Kohli stand today.
    This.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AMSS View Post
    Lol. People in stand will sleep snoring. It will hamper concentration of Indian batsman
    If Indian batsmen want to do that they need to consult Haris,Azhar and Asad over phone about how to score at this incredible rate

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    499 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Debut game overseas.Cant be too hard

He's a brilliant player of spin and has done well on A tours,so why not give him a go?

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    :akmal
    Last edited by Stalin; 8th December 2018 at 12:47.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by Stalin; 8th December 2018 at 12:50.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainul View Post
    Syed1 only comes out in situations to his liking. He will hide for few days now after NZ win, it may lengthen if India beats Aussies.
    He has gone into hiding.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    658 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Aslong as theres 2 full days play then india should win game from here.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Make or break for Rahane here.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    OZtRaLeYah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another 140 more runs and it's game.. 1-0 to India.....

"Everything else seems so superfluous." ~ Albert Einstein on the Bhagavad-Gita

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Romali_rotti View Post
    Another 140 more runs and it's game.. 1-0 to India.....
    If Ashwin can extract bounce out of the rough like Lyon did even 225 is very hard to chase here. Let us see

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    What you think will be target India would like to set from whr they hv enough time to pick 10 wickets
    Around 300. India would want to bat carefully in first session and then up scoring in second session. Having said that some batsmen don't have skill to bat defensively so they may simply go for runs. If they score some then it will be better for India.

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    India is a no 1 side in ranikng, that is the biggest reason of calling them no 1. What I was trying to say that , no Asian team challenged the Aussies and win the series in Australia in last few decades. The way India is playing here, they can achieve that feat in this series which will put further weight beside there no 1 ranking. In recent times we see that any no 1 side isn't versatile in their performance and they are being home track bully, wins at home but looses abroad but somehow the ranikng system makes them no 1.
    Got it.

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    It's a new drop in pitch so those stats are not really meaningful. Having said that it will be very hard to chase 250 here. Ashwin will be more than handy here and 250 runs will make sure that you get get there by simply slogging.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saurav View Post
    Ofcouse they can. If Aus can bowl us out around 250,I expect them to chase it
    It won't be easy chasing 250 here, but that's the best chance for Aus. I don't see Aus playing out a draw here. Ashwin is going to be all over Aus batsmen with close in fielders. Aus needs to take the last 7 wickets cheaply and keep India around or below 250.

Debut
    Nov 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a new drop in pitch so those stats are not really meaningful. Having said that it will be very hard to chase 250 here. Ashwin will be more than handy here and 250 runs will make sure that you get get there by simply slogging.
    Where has that optimism disappeared ? For Ind to feel safe , score of 270 in this innings is must as one flashy knock or a decent partnership can have a drastic impact on your field placement .We have 2 proper test bats at crease & 2 very dangerous hitters at 6 & 7 so 120 more from here look on .
    I suspect we might have some rain interruption on day 4 too . How many of you think a result still possible if we lose a session ?

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lyon is getting more and more difficult to face. Kohli's dismissal was an example of that. His balls are turning square now.
    Scoring 100 more runs is going to be difficult for India.

Debut
    Nov 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BaankeJi View Post
    Lyon is getting more and more difficult to face. Kohli's dismissal was an example of that. His balls are turning square now.
    Scoring 100 more runs is going to be difficult for India.
    With this biggish rough patch outside RHB's off , who in your opinion is better suited to exploit between the 2 spinners ?

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ILcricket View Post
    Where has that optimism disappeared ?
    Ball is turning square for Lyon.

Debut
    Nov 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rain around ? can we afford loss of a session ?

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    682 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Regardless if OZ could manage only 235 in their first dig, I doubt they can do a whole lot better on a pitch that's increasingly helping bowlers.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With this biggish rough patch outside RHB's off , who in your opinion is better suited to exploit between the 2 spinners ?
    Both are off spinners - so that patch will help both of them. It all depends on who can apply himself better.
    So far Lyon has done it very well.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rain around ? can we afford loss of a session ?
    We have already lost a session.
    Given that pitch is becoming bowler friendly now, loss of a session will not impact outcome of the game that badly.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ashwin's natural line to righties is far straighter than Lyon and Australia has more lefties too, Lyon's easily more suited.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Manitoba
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chepujara was wrongly given out twice. Luckily he reviewed

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another 100+ runs by the entire team is required.
    They should show some spine and fight.
    The team, because of various reasons lost 2 decent series already.
    They cannot afford another loss.
    That said vijay is a total misfit in the team.
    Rahane, should join with him in the nets along to improve bowlers' skills in training.
    They are both out of it. Mentally and skill-wise. One 30-40 here and there, not enough.

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    Zambia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol. People in stand will sleep snoring. It will hamper concentration of Indian batsman
    If Indian batsmen want to do that they need to consult Haris,Azhar and Asad over phone about how to score at this incredible rate
    Lolz.

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    hope India bats 70 overs tomorrow and scores 140+..

ﺳُﺒْﺤَﺎﻥَ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪِ ﻭﺍﻟْﺤَﻤْﺪُﻟﻠّﻪِ ﻭَ ﻻ ﺍِﻟﻪَ ﺍِﻟَّﺎ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪُ ﻭَ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪُ ﺍَﻛْﺒَﺮُ
    PCL 3 FC CHAMPIONS | Loose Cannons CC | #CannonsFire

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smbhayi View Post
    Then Aussies will draw the test. India needs to learn a lesson from NZ here. Take the score to 250 by lunch and go nuts for the next 15. Aussies need to start batting before tea.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smbhayi View Post
    Indians batting 70 overs should help Aus if rain comes.