User Tag List

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1731 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

Australia would be 'worst blokes in the world' if they celebrated like Kohli, says Justin Langer

The Indian pace bowling contingent of Ishant Sharma, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Shami and in particular, offspinner Ravichandran Ashwin, did well to keep the lid on the Australian batsmen picking up seven wickets on Day 2 of the first Test at Adelaide on Friday.

Ashwin was the pick of the bowlers with three wickets in his 33 overs going for 50 runs. For most part of the day, run-scoring proved difficult for Australia. The run-rate never exceeded 3.0 in any of the three sessions.

Australia’s defensive mindset in their own backyard was surprising to Sachin Tendulkar. “#TeamIndia should make the most of this situation and not lose their grip. The defensive mindset by the Australian batsmen at home is something I’ve not seen before in my experience. @ashwinravi99 has been very effective and has played a role to help the team be on top, for now,” he tweeted on Friday.

Australia head coach Justin Langer conceded the run-rate was low, but he was happy with the approach adopted by the hosts, who are coming off a harrowing time in the aftermath of the ball-tampering scandal. However, he said that there won’t be any sort of antics like India captain Virat Kohli’s in the Test series. “If we did that at the moment we’d be the worst blokes in the world,” Langer told Fox Cricket on Saturday.

“It’s a fine line, isn’t it? That’s the truth of it. But I love seeing the passion.”

He did not hesitate to say that the Indian batsmen adopted the same approach and got bowled out. “But go back a day, against a very experienced Indian side, and they did the same thing. When they went for their big drives we got them all out,” Langer said.

“It’s got a lot to do with this wicket, it’s got a lot of grass on it … it’s really, really hard work, it’s nipping around, you never really quite feel like you’re in.”

According to Langer, Tendulkar, who played his first match against Australia in 1991, faced a different set of players as compared to the inexperienced batting side, evidently missing Steve Smith and David Warner, serving suspensions.

“The teams that Sachin would have played against started with Allan Border and David Boon, and Steve Waugh and Mark Waugh, and Ricky Ponting,” he said.

“Guys that had great Test match experience and they knew their game, were comfortable in their own skin and they knew what to expect. Whereas we’ve got a team at the moment who are very inexperienced in Test match cricket, particularly our batting side.

“They’re just fighting as hard as they can, they’re fighting their backsides off, they’re always looking to score but the wicket is tough, and it’s a slow outfield. That’s the beauty of Test cricket, it’s bloody hard work.”

Langer said that he needs to be patient with the side under Tim Paine. “We have to be patient with them. You can’t give these guys 30 or 50 matches of Test match experience. They have to earn it.”

He admitted though that Australia could have attacked Ashwin a little better. “Particularly our lefities, we need to have methods of scoring on both sides of the wicket,” he said.

“There’s areas we can get better at, but I’m definitely not getting caught up in this ‘we’re too slow, we’re not attacking enough’ business.”

https://www.cricketcountry.com/news/...mindset-775130

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nothing wrong with his celebration. He backs it up with performance anyway.

Only thing is he shouldn't screem up close in front of a batsmen. From a distance is fine but I think it's a bit disrespectful to screem in front of someone especially when they haven't disrespected you.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Australia would be 'worst blokes in the world' if they celebrated like Kohli, says Justin Langer

ADELAIDE: Australian coach Justin Langer says if his players were to celebrate wickets like Indian captain Virat Kohli does, they would now be seen as "the worst blokes in the world".

Langer also took umbrage at Sachin Tendulkar's "defensive mindset" tweet following Australia's slow batting on the second day of the opening Test against India.

Kohli was his usual animated self on Friday, celebrating Australian wickets with gusto. Langer said he "loved seeing that passion" but felt Australia players would be judged differently if they did the same.

"He's (Kohli) a superstar of the game and he's the captain. We've talked for as long as I can remember in Australian cricket teams that you want to keep the opposition captain down as much as possible. You love seeing that passion in sport," Langer said.

"Mind you I think if we did that at the moment we'd be the worst blokes in the world. It's a fine line isn't it?"

"That's the truth of it, but I love seeing the passion, that is great passion. But as I said there's a fine line."

The head coach did concede the team was playing to a different standard of scrutiny, a fallout of the ball-tampering fiasco in South Africa in March.

Earlier, Tendulkar wrote on his twitter handle, "TeamIndia should make the most of this situation and not lose their grip. The defensive mindset by the Australian batsmen at home is something I've not seen before in my experience."

The legendary batsman's comment did not go well with Langer, who defended his inexperienced batting line-up's approach.

"The teams that Sachin would have played against started with Allan Border and David Boon, and Steve Waugh and Mark Waugh, and Ricky Ponting," Langer said.

"Guys that had great Test match experience and they knew their game, were comfortable in their own skin and they knew what to expect."

"Whereas we've got a team at the moment who are very inexperienced in Test match cricket, particularly our batting side."

Tendulkar, who played his first match against Australia in 1991, and his last in 2013, faced a different era of Australian cricket compared to the current side that is rebuilding in the wake of the ball-tampering fiasco.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/66997278.cms

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dűr
    Runs
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Aussies phir ro rahe hain

Tazimi Sirdar

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Kohli would have been involved in Ball tampering I am pretty sure he would escape unscathed and people would defend him just because he is scoring runs and is King Kohli etc.
    How his crass behaviour is brushed under the carpet because he holds a lot of sway in World cricket

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Never seen an Aussie coach talk like this. Langer is under immense pressure after string of losses. Hpefully another 100-110 runs from our battets to add to the pressure

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    "That's the truth of it, but I love seeing the passion, that is great passion. But as I said there's a fine line."
    Don't cross the line

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Aussies did exactly as Kohli did, they will be as respected as Kohli is. But they are doing lots of other things.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TM Riddle View Post
    Aussies phir ro rahe hain
    Did you even read the article?

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dűr
    Runs
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    Did you even read the article?
    No I didn't.
    Are you telling me posters here read the thing fully before commenting?

Tazimi Sirdar

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gullycricket View Post
    If Kohli would have been involved in Ball tampering I am pretty sure he would escape unscathed and people would defend him just because he is scoring runs and is King Kohli etc.
    How his crass behaviour is brushed under the carpet because he holds a lot of sway in World cricket
    What wrong did Kohli do? He is celebrating after a wicket...whats wrong? Your Hassan Ali does it after every wicket and sometimes in border.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Venue
    Pune Maharashtra
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    So much hate is not good for your health mate

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Nothing wrong with his celebration. He backs it up with performance anyway.

Only thing is he shouldn't screem up close in front of a batsmen. From a distance is fine but I think it's a bit disrespectful to screem in front of someone especially when they haven't disrespected you.
    Not in this match with scores of 3 and 34.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol, what melodrama, Justin Langer!

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why has Sachin suddenly woken up? Never seen him comment on cricket except some congratulations here and there. Totally uncharacteristic of him. Unnecessary.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    442 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    Why has Sachin suddenly woken up? Never seen him comment on cricket except some congratulations here and there. Totally uncharacteristic of him. Unnecessary.
    He makes passing comments on the game all the time when India are playing.

Follow his Twitter.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TM Riddle View Post
    No I didn't.
    Are you telling me posters here read the thing fully before commenting?
    It doesn't take long to skim over.

Anyway, he's not complaining or anything. He said he enjoyed seeing Kohli's passion, just that in Australia's current situation they'd be criticized if they celebrated like that.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    What wrong did Kohli do? He is celebrating after a wicket...whats wrong? Your Hassan Ali does it after every wicket and sometimes in border.
    You still triggered by the border stunt?

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post

The Indian pace bowling contingent of Ishant Sharma, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Shami and in particular, offspinner Ravichandran Ashwin, did well to keep the lid on the Australian batsmen picking up seven wickets on Day 2 of the first Test at Adelaide on Friday.

Ashwin was the pick of the bowlers with three wickets in his 33 overs going for 50 runs. For most part of the day, run-scoring proved difficult for Australia. The run-rate never exceeded 3.0 in any of the three sessions.

Australia’s defensive mindset in their own backyard was surprising to Sachin Tendulkar. “#TeamIndia should make the most of this situation and not lose their grip. The defensive mindset by the Australian batsmen at home is something I’ve not seen before in my experience. @ashwinravi99 has been very effective and has played a role to help the team be on top, for now,” he tweeted on Friday.

Australia head coach Justin Langer conceded the run-rate was low, but he was happy with the approach adopted by the hosts, who are coming off a harrowing time in the aftermath of the ball-tampering scandal. However, he said that there won’t be any sort of antics like India captain Virat Kohli’s in the Test series. “If we did that at the moment we’d be the worst blokes in the world,” Langer told Fox Cricket on Saturday.

“It’s a fine line, isn’t it? That’s the truth of it. But I love seeing the passion.”

He did not hesitate to say that the Indian batsmen adopted the same approach and got bowled out. “But go back a day, against a very experienced Indian side, and they did the same thing. When they went for their big drives we got them all out,” Langer said.

“It’s got a lot to do with this wicket, it’s got a lot of grass on it … it’s really, really hard work, it’s nipping around, you never really quite feel like you’re in.”

According to Langer, Tendulkar, who played his first match against Australia in 1991, faced a different set of players as compared to the inexperienced batting side, evidently missing Steve Smith and David Warner, serving suspensions.

“The teams that Sachin would have played against started with Allan Border and David Boon, and Steve Waugh and Mark Waugh, and Ricky Ponting,” he said.

“Guys that had great Test match experience and they knew their game, were comfortable in their own skin and they knew what to expect. Whereas we’ve got a team at the moment who are very inexperienced in Test match cricket, particularly our batting side.

“They’re just fighting as hard as they can, they’re fighting their backsides off, they’re always looking to score but the wicket is tough, and it’s a slow outfield.
    That’s the beauty of Test cricket, it’s bloody hard work.”

Langer said that he needs to be patient with the side under Tim Paine. “We have to be patient with them. You can’t give these guys 30 or 50 matches of Test match experience. They have to earn it.”

He admitted though that Australia could have attacked Ashwin a little better. “Particularly our lefities, we need to have methods of scoring on both sides of the wicket,” he said.

“There’s areas we can get better at, but I’m definitely not getting caught up in this ‘we’re too slow, we’re not attacking enough’ business.”

https://www.cricketcountry.com/news/...mindset-775130
    He i
    has already started to give excuses. He don't deserve to be Aussie coach.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol at the "fine line" comment coming from an Aussie.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    764 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    These Aussies remind me of the side that took the field without the Packer players (Chappells, Lillee, Marsh, Pascoe, Hookes, Bright etc.) Except that batting line at least had Yallop and a young bloke named Border.

Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    These Aussies remind me of the side that took the field without the Packer players (Chappells, Lillee, Marsh, Pascoe, Hookes, Bright etc.) Except that batting line at least had Yallop and a young bloke named Border.
    But current Aus team has a fine bowling attack.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Langer clearly firing shots at ACB wanting smith and Warner back

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    He makes passing comments on the game all the time when India are playing.

Follow his Twitter.
    I had no idea. Will do so.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As much as I dislike Kohlis character, all he is doing is celebrating, ab it overt he top yes but the Aussies were not regarded as terrible blokes because they celebrated. It has to do with a number of different factors, such as ball tampering, really crude remarks made during the game (who remembers Clarke's "we'll break your ****ing arm"?) and at times racist fans.

Get over it Langer.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Usual Aussie antics, if someone calls them out play the victim card.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    india
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let ICC bring a new law that celebrations and appeal shouldn't exceed x decibel limit.
    And scaring opposition by facial expression should be banned.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Yes, there's a "fine line"... on the ball after using sandpaper.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barah_admi View Post
    As much as I dislike Kohlis character, all he is doing is celebrating, ab it overt he top yes but the Aussies were not regarded as terrible blokes because they celebrated. It has to do with a number of different factors, such as ball tampering, really crude remarks made during the game (who remembers Clarke's "we'll break your ****ing arm"?) and at times racist fans.

Get over it Langer.
    Absolutely. They’re playing victim again.

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This aussie side has the worst batting line up I have ever seen.....Zimbabwe should be queing up to play them too.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Some elite honesty right there

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes
    If Kohli was chucking he would have still continued to bowl with the same action
    If Kohli was tested positive,he wouldn't have faced any ban
    If Kohli was found guilty of fixing,he would have continued without having to wait for 5 years like someone
    Our board rules the World Cricket and you can do nothing about it

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanRyan10 View Post
    Yes
    If Kohli was chucking he would have still continued to bowl with the same action
    If Kohli was tested positive,he wouldn't have faced any ban
    If Kohli was found guilty of fixing,he would have continued without having to wait for 5 years like someone
    Our board rules the World Cricket and you can do nothing about it
    biradar not coming slow

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    764 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckler View Post
    But current Aus team has a fine bowling attack.
    As did the 1978 Aussies even without Lillee and Pascoe. Rodney Hogg took 41 England wickets in his first five tests.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don’t mind Kohli’s Celebration at all, however, it does irritate me when the broadcasters keep showing his celebrations from every possible angle.
    They don’t even show the bowlers celebrate their own wicket, lol.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakPremi View Post
    Not in this match with scores of 3 and 34.
    Look at his overall career. He can back his talk up.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    Unnecessary? Why? He can’t even write about India matches now?

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    502 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Feel like no one is reading the article..the context in which he is saying this is different.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    What a hypocrite this Langer is. During his era and when he played Aussies used to abuse the hell out of opposition, with some portions of the crowd being drunk off their *** and shouting obscenities. Big deal he celebrates however he wants to.

Now that his team is getting a proper beating lead by a guy who has given it with the bat, and shows them similar attitude, coach saheb has the audacity to cry foul.

Actually I'm glad Kohli is giving it to Aussies, and if I were him I'd take the crowd booing as a positive as well. Shows he's gotten under the skin of the Australians. In 20+ years they haven't faced a guy like him, one who can perform (tbh yet to, in this series, but he will) and also has the charisma and personality to play mind games. Think the West Indians were the last people to challenge Aussies like this on their own turf, Shoaib Akhtar as well.

This is why Kohli may end up as a bigger cricketing personality at the end of his career than Sachin. He performed with the bat, but was also way more polarizing because of his greater passion and intensity of the game.
    Last edited by Suleiman; 8th December 2018 at 18:59.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YousafTheBeast View Post
    Don’t mind Kohli’s Celebration at all, however, it does irritate me when the broadcasters keep showing his celebrations from every possible angle.
    They don’t even show the bowlers celebrate their own wicket, lol.
    They want to paint him as a villain to add fuel to the Aus vs India "rivalry".

Debut
    Jun 2012
    Venue
    In your head
    Runs
    Mentioned
    476 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Part of me thinks its a bit over the top but then another part of me takes sadistic satisfaction seeing the aussies get a taste of their own medicine.

Debut
    Nov 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingusama92 View Post
    Yes, there's a "fine line"... on the ball after using sandpaper.
    Ouch. that is going to leave a scar.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Australia need to stop concentrating on Kohli and not underestimate the rest of the Indian team. I feel as they are becoming obsessed with whatever Kohli does.

They also should remember they still have a world class bowling attack which can cause India problems.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Well whether you like it or not, Aussies have always had this thing against teams from the subcontinent. They look down upon us. They cant accept the fact that we can also sledge.

Aussies should be the last to give the world a lecture on how to behave.

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nothing new here. Kohli has been celebrating like this since I started watching him play, especially if the batsmen is a top order batsmen. Just because Australians are trying to “change”, doesn’t mean India need to change or stop celebrating.