Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Sowmya should only open. Seems to prefer pace. At the world cup I think BD should have a top 5 of

Sowmya
    Tamim
    Mush
    Liton
    Mahmudullah

And hope for the best.
    Soumya should be kicked out of the team. He has got enough chances. Garbage player who doesn't have an ounce of gray matter in his head.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RainMan_ View Post
    Apart from kohli, Smith, Williamson and root, I don't think there is any other middle order batsman in the world who is better than mushy.

He has single handedly has won so many matches for us that I have lost count of it. Amazing player
    Plenty of World class players out there but yeah Mushy is a much improved player in ODIs. One of the best keeper-batsmen in the world. Our best batsman easily in tests and ODIs

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    698 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    I would have Riad at 6/7
    Actually I missed shakib. Shakib at 5, mahmudullah at 6 and maybe riyad at 7? I have never rated imrul.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    698 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Soumya should be kicked out of the team. He has got enough chances. Garbage player who doesn't have an ounce of gray matter in his head.
    I meant if at all he plays he should open.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalin View Post
    Looks like you're forgetting some one
    Lol, no. Overall Mushy is on a different level as a player.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Actually I missed shakib. Shakib at 5, mahmudullah at 6 and maybe riyad at 7? I have never rated imrul.
    Imrul is a minnow-basher. He has scored a lot of runs lately but only against Afghanistan and Zimbabwe. Failed against Pak and India in the Asia Cup.

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When will BD get to 100 rating points?

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Venue
    London, United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BANGLADESH won by 5 wickets and 89 balls left.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1935 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Bangladesh [196-5 (35.1)] have defeated West Indies [195-9 (50] by 5 wickets to win the 1st ODI in Dhaka; Mushfiqur Rahim remaining not out on 55* after Mustafizur Rahman & Mashrafe Mortaza took 3 wickets each;

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Izzat baal baal bach gaya. Win inside 35 overs is commanding, but I would have liked to see them chasing this 2 down, may be inside 40 overs. Liton & Shakib needs to be given gono dholai - won't be this easy every time, but they'll keep doing same thing. Shakib plays like this and he can back that with his bowling, a little swagger isn't bad; but this fool Liton needs mental conditioning. He has the quality to become first ODI double centurion for BD, then still averages 21 after 21 games

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sowmya should only open. Seems to prefer pace. At the world cup I think BD should have a top 5 of

Sowmya
    Tamim
    Mush
    Liton
    Mahmudullah

And hope for the best.
    Subaru Soumya
    Tesla Tamim
    Mustang Mushy
    Lamborghini Liton
    Mercedes Mahmudullah

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes we have dominated in this game and won the gane with 15 overs to spare, but I think we shouldn't have lost this many wickets. Quite a few of our batters gifted their wickets to the windies bowlers.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Venue
    London, United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mushy at 3 would slp many things up in the bating line up. But if he prefers 4. Then Sarkar at 3, keep TamLi (TAMIM and Liton), opening left right combo. We can have 2 of the 3 going aggressive hard, tam could be the sensible one anchoring the innings, he too can unleash too and score fast. Top 3 will be so attacking, mushy at 4 settling and calming things.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BDfanforever View Post
    When will BD get to 100 rating points?
    If we beat Kiwis 5-0 in Kiwiland, easily will reach there. Winning WC can take us to 2nd spot, if other results go accordingly - I have checked that in predictor.

However, it can end behind ZIM as well in reverse prediction mood

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    698 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Imrul is a minnow-basher. He has scored a lot of runs lately but only against Afghanistan and Zimbabwe. Failed against Pak and India in the Asia Cup.
    Yeah that's why I don't rate him. Any chance sabbir will make it to world cup squad?

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Venue
    London, United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mushy at 3 would slp many things up in the bating line up. But if he prefers 4. Then Sarkar at 3, keep TamLi (TAMIM and Liton), opening left right combo. We can have 2 of the 3 going aggressive hard, tam could be the sensible one anchoring the innings, he too can unleash too and score fast. Top 3 will be so attacking, mushy at 4 settling and calming things. You need to score big next World Cup pitches will be flat, big scores will be needed so I'd go with that front 3. Add Saifuddin down the order which gives another bowling option.

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    If we beat Kiwis 5-0 in Kiwiland, easily will reach there. Winning WC can take us to 2nd spot, if other results go accordingly - I have checked that in predictor.

However, it can end behind ZIM as well in reverse prediction mood
    We'd be lucky to win 1 game in Kiwi land, Big Boy Oshane was wreaking havoc I wonder how they will face Boult.

We shouldn't have lost against AFG and that match against Windies.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah that's why I don't rate him. Any chance sabbir will make it to world cup squad?
    He might return if he performs in BPL. But I don't see much need of him given that Riad bats at 7 and actually performs.

Sabbir should just play T20Is

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Embarrassing performance from wi yet again. They r no match for us.

We should invite Nz for an odi series. The kinds of form we r in, we'll easily Banglawash them.
    Try to keep your mouth shut and enjoy the victories of BD instead of pulling legs of others.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Might make it, but guy first needs to get married - only thing that can help him is tight slap from his wife in bedroom. Ariful isn't bad back-up either and Mosaddek has won 2 crucial games in Emerging cup; Mithun is another option and young Zakir is very good for top 3, we can even think of Mominul at 3 as well.

So, batting isn't that big a headache. But, if we are to play WC with 20 overs of finger spin and 30 overs from Mash, Mustafiz & Rubel - may God bless us with His mercy.
    Last edited by MMHS; 9th December 2018 at 18:52.

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We don't need another batsman, we need genuine pace bowlers. It took IND so long time to find pace bowlers like Bumrah, Shami, Ishant 2.0. It will take BD even more long time probably.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He might return if he performs in BPL. But I don't see much need of him given that Riad bats at 7 and actually performs.

Child abuser shabbir should be in jail. There is no way he should be allowed to come anywhere near of this team. He's toxic and a bad role model for the younger players.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    698 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Might make it, but guy first needs to get married - only thing that can help him is tight slap from his wife in bedroom. Ariful isn't bad back-up either and Mosaddek has won 2 crucial games in Emerging cup; Mithun is another option and young Zakir is very good for top 3, we can even think of Mominul at 3 as well.

So, batting isn't that big a headache. But, if we are to play WC with 20 overs of finger spin and 30 overs from Mash, Mustafiz & Rubel - may God bless us with His mercy.
    We don't need another batsman, we need genuine pace bowlers. It took IND so long time to find pace bowlers like Bumrah, Shami, Ishant 2.0. It will take BD even more long time probably.
    I think you need one more guy with experience which is why I mention sabbir. And he wasn't too bad a player done tune back. But yes I hope he has sorted his attitude issues out.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shakib should bat at 3. Dont have any faith on imrul,liton and somya. I have more faith on mithun and saifuddin than all of them.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saifuddin should be another pacer and lower order hitter.he should be tried in NZ.
    Last edited by Nil Dhumrojal; 9th December 2018 at 19:01.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think you need one more guy with experience which is why I mention sabbir. And he wasn't too bad a player done tune back. But yes I hope he has sorted his attitude issues out.
    Experience? He isn't much of a match winner in longer formats. And he has only 4 years of experience in international cricket

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Venue
    London, United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BD has so many options now for batting positions I even forgot about Sabbir who I think should be part of LOI, and WC squad, instead of Kayes/Mithun. TamLit, Soumya top 3 - no need for another opener Kayes but give the guy a run now as he scored heavily against Zimba and under some pressure situations too - credit where it's due but we all know come against better teams KYes can't score quickly enough batting first nor will be effective in big run chases. Sabbir adds more fire power with the bat plus has experience of being part of two or three Icc LOI WC, CT.
    Last edited by Hasan2K8; 9th December 2018 at 19:05.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan2K8 View Post
    BD has so many options now for batting positions I even forgot about Sabbir who I think should be part of LOI, and WC squad, instead of Kayes/Mithun. TamLit, Soumya top 3 - no need for another opener Kayes but give the guy a run now as he scored heavily against Zimba and under some pressure situations too - credit where it's due but we all know come against better teams KYes can't score quickly enough batting first nor will be effective in big run chases. Sabbir adds more fire power with the bat plus has experience of being part of two or three Icc LOI WC, CT.
    Zakir is much better option than soumya,imrul and liton. Even mithun would be better than them if given proper chance. Saifudding would be better lower order bat and very good 4th pacer.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BD's pace attack is a worry. Rubel can be spanked any day by a good team. Mash has been inconsistent off late. We should keep ready two back up pacers for WC. I liked that guy Khaled who played against Zimb. We can try Ebadat,he has raw pace. We can try Shafiul, he hadn't pace but accurate. Taskin has lost his early day's mojo,he has to perform in domestics to get chance again . Overall we don't have a good pace atrack., This may cause a lot of sufferings in WC

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    BD had it before India did right after 2015 WC. The chucking saga probably ruined Taskin but he was a very good prospect. Rubel is decent but I don't see any progress. He is good but he was 4 years ago as well. He just didn't go to the next level.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think posters (expected ones ) are again jumping the guns and going on a bragging spree by just beating a hapless Windies team at home. This grandeur of delusion will be ripped into shreds moment BD steps outside Dacca or face any half decent opposition at home. Playing 3 seamers but opening the bowling with 2 spinners may work in doctored home pitches or teams poor against spin, but we all know it wont work everyday. So enjoy the win but pls spare us the horror about how BD is now a top team etc. Until BD wins a tournament or an Asia cup or even a tri series...they are still not a team that deserve my respect.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    I think posters (expected ones ) are again jumping the guns and going on a bragging spree by just beating a hapless Windies team at home. This grandeur of delusion will be ripped into shreds moment BD steps outside Dacca or face any half decent opposition at home. Playing 3 seamers but opening the bowling with 2 spinners may work in doctored home pitches or teams poor against spin, but we all know it wont work everyday. So enjoy the win but pls spare us the horror about how BD is now a top team etc. Until BD wins a tournament or an Asia cup or even a tri series...they are still not a team that deserve my respect.
    Doctored spin wicket when 7 of the wickets were to our Pacers

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    None of us is seeking for your respect

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mushfiqur is one of the most improved and impact player in last few years. He averages 48 @ SR of 84 in last 3 years ODIs .Great performance.

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    honestly I can't see what's the problem with doctored pitches?

ﺳُﺒْﺤَﺎﻥَ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪِ ﻭﺍﻟْﺤَﻤْﺪُﻟﻠّﻪِ ﻭَ ﻻ ﺍِﻟﻪَ ﺍِﻟَّﺎ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪُ ﻭَ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪُ ﺍَﻛْﺒَﺮُ
    PCL 3 FC CHAMPIONS | Loose Cannons CC | #CannonsFire

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smbhayi View Post
    Bigger question is why are we talking about doctor pitches here. Our Pacers took 7 of the west Indies wicket, spinners took 2. We played more professionally.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bigger question is why are we talking about doctor pitches here. Our Pacers took 7 of the west Indies wicket, spinners took 2. We played more professionally.
    Pacers like who? 6 of those 7 wickets were taken by Mash and Fizz who relies on cutters 80% of their deliveries. And pitches like these help cutters where ball grips. There was only 1 genuine pacer playing today for BD and he went for 61 runs in 10 overs.

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see brother @Canford Cliffs at it again.
    Last edited by BDfanforever; 9th December 2018 at 21:14.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pacers like who? 6 of those 7 wickets were taken by Mash and Fizz who relies on cutters 80% of their deliveries. And pitches like these help cutters where ball grips. There was only 1 genuine pacer playing today for BD and he went for 61 runs in 10 overs.
    Comments without seeing the match. Brilliant

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1935 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    DHAKA, Bangladesh- The WINDIES lost by 5 wickets in the first One Day International against Bangladesh at the Sher-E-Bangla National Cricket Stadium in Dhaka. WINDIES posted 195/9 in 50 overs, Bangladesh reached 196/5 in 35.1 overs.

The WINDIES won the toss and elected to bat first on a pitch that looked like it wouldn’t offer much for batting second. Kieran Powell and Shai Hope opened the batting for the men in maroon, but once again they couldn’t get a solid foundation going. Powell was the first to go when Shakib Al Hasan had him caught for 10. Hope was joined by Darren Bravo and the pair had a very slow rebuild to the innings.

The pair dealt in singles and two’s while keeping the total ticking over. However, on 19 Bravo going long was spectacularly caught by a diving Tamim Iqbal. WINDIES 65/2 after 20.4 overs. Hope didn’t last too long after as he was dismissed by Masharafe Mortaza for a hard fought 43. In-form batsman Shimron Hetmyer never got going, backing away in an attempt to cut the ball, he was bowled by Mehidy Hasan Miraz for 6. Interim Captain Rovman Powell came to the crease to partner with Marlon Samuels. The pair took the WINDIES past 100 but Powell’s cameo at the crease ended on 14 when his opposite number had him caught by Liton Das.

Marlon Samuels continued his slow and patient innings, knocking the ball around, he picked up two fours in the process of reaching 25 before Rubel Hossain had him caught by a backward-running Liton Das. WINDIES 127/6 in 39.2 overs. Roston Chase and Keemo Paul provided the most explosive and highest partnership of the WINDIES innings taking the team to defendable total. Paul struck 2-sixes, while Chase had one of his own as they combined for 51-runs together before Mustafizur Rahman removed both batsmen across 2 overs.

Kemar Roach remained on 5 not out and with him Oshane Thomas on 0 not out. WINDIES 195/9 in their 50 overs. Masharafe Mortaza finished with 3/30 while Mustafizur Rahman had 3/35.

196 required for victory, Bangladesh went after the small total fearlessly. Tamim Iqbal Liton Das opened the batting for the home team. Roston Chase, holding consistent line and length in his deliveries was rewarded with the first wicket, when he had Tamim caught by Bishoo for 12. Oshane Thomas the gentle giant, reminiscent of WINDIES pacers of the glory days, steamed in a scattered the stumps of Imrul Kayes for 4. Bangladesh 42/2 in 8.4 overs.

Just when Liton Das looked set to bring up another half-century and take his team home with Mushfiqur, Keemo Paul lit his stumps up, sending him back to the dugout for 41. Mushfiqur and Shakib Al Hasan posted a 57-run partnership that saw some lofty blows from Shakib. He struck 4-fours on the way to 30 off 26 balls, but Rovman Powell introduced himself into the attack and struck the first delivery, he had Shakib caught behind of a slim edge.

Roston Chase returned in the dying stages of the match to pick up with the wicket of Soumya Sarkar for 19. Mushfiqur reached another half-century, together with 14 from Mahmudullah, the pair saw their team home to take a 1-0 lead in the 3-match ODI series.

Both teams will meet again on Tuesday, December 11 in the second ODI at the Sher-E-Bangla National Cricket Stadium in Dhaka.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smbhayi View Post
    There are no doctored pitches in ODIs. You only lose ODIs if you're a weaker team. Home advantage in ODIs died in 2000s.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I would really like to see a full series between Pak and Bang. It would be a close series. Bangladesh are much better team now.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza619 View Post
    I would really like to see a full series between Pak and Bang. It would be a close series. Bangladesh are much better team now.
    Bangladesh is very likely to win in Asia, they are the only Asian team to consistently trouble India in ODIs.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza619 View Post
    Yes it will be a fascinating series. It is Pakistan's turn to invite us in UAE for a full seties as the last full series between us was played in BD.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Need to get rid of Imrul Kayes, we should pick him when we are playing Afghanistan and Zimbabwe though.

Tamim
    Liton
    Shakib
    Mushfiq
    Mithun
    Soumya
    Riyadh
    Miraz
    Mash
    Rubel
    Mustafiz

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Venue
    London, United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashraful_Rox View Post
    Need to get rid of Imrul Kayes, we should pick him when we are playing Afghanistan and Zimbabwe though.

Tamim
    Liton
    Shakib
    Mushfiq
    Mithun
    Soumya
    Riyadh
    Miraz
    Mash
    Rubel
    Mustafiz
    Exactly my XI except I'd have Soumya at 3 as he plays pace better, can take advantage of pp 1 if he goes in early. Later on plenty of spin be around not utilising him early on is a no no for me.
    I'd take Imrul out include Saifuddin at 7, Mahmdullah 6. Shakib 5. You got good hitters 5,6 and 7.