Venue
    Caracas
    Runs
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Worst Australian cricket team in the history of cricket

Is this the worst Australian Cricket Team ever to take field? Aaron Finch opening, Tim Paine captaining. Apart from Starc, Cummins, Hazlewood and Lyon none are fighters.

How can Australia find gun players like Langer, Haydos, Gilly and Punter. Has the quality dropped in Sheffield Sheild or Selectors are doing an incompetent job.

Its sad to see Australia playing cricket like this, growing up Aussies were a team that I admired. Walked the talk and nowadays they remind me of Andy Flowers Zimababwe.

Discuss.

Self belief and hard work will always earn you success - Kohli
    What we think we become - Buddha

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    Central Valley Area, CA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive seen practically the same posts from you in different ways. You finally managed to start a topic on it this time. Are you just going around screaming this so every one gets to look at your opinion?

IMO, youre only going this far to downplay the effort by the opposing team. I highly doubt this is the worst australian team in their history.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Caracas
    Runs
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSensible View Post
    Ive seen practically the same posts from you in different ways. You finally managed to start a topic on it this time. Are you just going around screaming this so every one gets to look at your opinion?

IMO, youre only going this far to downplay the effort by the opposing team. I highly doubt this is the worst australian team in their history.
    Youre probably new in Cricket and havent watched how Australia used to play back in 90, 2000 or even 2010. You wont understand. Being an Australian Cricket teams fan, this is sad to see.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSensible View Post

To be honest it definitely is from atleast
    in the past 30 years

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Their batting is severely depleted with Warner and Smith gone.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the worst for sure.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Wish BD or PCT toured this team right now, would had gotten an idea about SC bowling.

In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1845 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Yes, Im sure @Robert would agree: Australia was really weak in the period 1985-88, but they could occasionally score 350+.

This Aussie team has more chance of going to the moon than scoring 350.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    Yes, Im sure @Robert would agree: Australia was really weak in the period 1985-88, but they could occasionally score 350+.

Still they managed to draw a test in UAE, where they scored 362..

-Virat Kohli

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kashmere Gate, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Or you can say finally Australia find themselves on the other side of the evolutionary phase, with their young team trying to get better while the opponents are in their peak.

Theyve been challenged in the past too. Australias has had unreal peaks at home but a lot of defeats too. The series isnt over yet and they might still end up on the winning side despite clearly being the inferior of the two sides like they did in 2003-04 and 2007-08 as well against a India.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    Or you can say finally Australia find themselves on the other side of the evolutionary phase, with their young team trying to get better while the opponents are in their peak.

They’ve been challenged in the past too. Australia’s has had unreal peaks at home but a lot of defeats too. The series isn’t over yet and they might still end up on the winning side despite clearly being the inferior of the two sides like they did in 2003-04 and 2007-08 as well against a India.
    If only we had DRS back then.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2282 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    I've never seen a weaker Australian batting line up in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beyond pathetic batting line-up. Lower order scoring 50% of the runs. Only reason match reached 5th day because the bowlers were decent.

India will have to play like grade schoolers to lose this series.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Australia is at an all-time low.

Even in the mid-80s, they were lacking talent but did not have the stigma of scandal attached to them.

Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dr
    Runs
    Mentioned
    488 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Haha excuses are out. Loving it.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Wonder which Aussie team drew in UAE, was it the worst Aussie line up or suddenly they posted above 350 and stepped on moon?

-Virat Kohli

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    690 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The bowling attack is one of the strongest they've ever had. Collectively. Batting is weak no doubt.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    While I agree India have been brilliant and congratulations to them. No.1 side in the world

But Australia batting is so poor. A bunch of no names. Mominul Haque and Tamim Iqbal has same number of centuries as whole AUS team combined. They need Warner and Smith, two best test batsmen in the world

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With Warner and Smith it's likely they would've won but without them they are on par with Pakistan currently both weak batting line ups.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Brisbane, Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    Wonder which Aussie team drew in UAE, was it the worst Aussie line up or suddenly they posted above 350 and stepped on moon?
    What does this have to do with PAK, a No.7 ranked team who can't even beat NZL at home?

That doesn't change the fact that this is an Aussie team that is not only weakened by the losses of Warner and Smith, but also is mentally shot and a far cry from the aggressive teams in the past. Winning in AUS is as much a mental game as it is a physical one and when you take the aggression out of AUS cricket, it's like taking away an entire aspect of their play.

Still congrats to India , who are heads and shoulders above Aus at this moment.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    343 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Their bowling unit is top class here, but batting is weak.

I won't call it worst Aus side. I have not seen many Aus side bat 140 overs to draw a match in past. This team did it in UAE. In this test , Indian bowlers punched above their weight otherwise Aus would have won here.

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would still spank most teams in Australia.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    933 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I can bet my biwi and bangla that if Pakistan or any other Asian team toured them instead of India, they wouldn’t have won this game. England and South Africa may have challenged them we’ll never know.

NZ would’ve lost too.

Eng, SA and India are the top test teams and their touring proves it.

Congrats to India. Every series they are giving us Pakistan rivals less and less things to make fun of, the gulf is widening.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MeanAndGreen View Post
    What does this have to do with PAK, a No.7 ranked team who can't even beat NZL at home?

That doesn't change the fact that this is an Aussie team that is not only weakened by the losses of Warner and Smith, but also is mentally shot and a far cry from the aggressive teams in the past. Winning in AUS is as much a mental game as it is a physical one and when you take the aggression out of AUS cricket, it's like taking away an entire aspect of their play.

True, was just replying to a poster who made a claim..they can
    't score 350..

-Virat Kohli

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    That was a very strong team especially without Cummins and hazlewood.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    343 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MeanAndGreen View Post

With 30 runs win?

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Sep 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Their bowling attack is probably the best bowling combination of this decade
    How much I would kill to have an awesome pace attack of Hazlewood , Starc, Cummins. Probably the best possible attack of the decade to play together.

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Dublin
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A good effort from Australia today to get it close but, whereas with former Australian teams you would have started to get nervous every time a partnership started to build, you could sense with this team that they were never going to win. They don't know how to win.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not the best team talent or skill wise but they showed grit and determination today. Almost won an almost impossible game. Kudos to them! Great effort!

“I am not young enough to know everything.”

― Oscar Wilde

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ravisurya View Post
    That was a very strong team especially without Cummins and hazlewood.
    Lmao, so they drew in UAE without Cummins and Hazlewood?

This might be another case of Kohli's men (specially bowlers) making teams look worse than they are.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackShadow View Post

This might be another case of Kohli's men (specially bowlers) making teams look worse than they are.
    The 30 run margin is flattering. Aussies were always behind and it was just an enterprising innings from the tail with 'dont care' attitude. But india needs to sort their tail problem soon. India's tail needs to wag and they need to get the opposition tail out early. If not for the tail, England series would have been so different

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackShadow View Post

We all agree the Aussie batting isnt the best anymore but to dismiss it as the weakest team ever just reeks of jealousy.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes, I’m sure @Robert would agree: Australia was really weak in the period 1985-88, but they could occasionally score 350+.

I am sure this Aussie team would be waiting for Pakistan to tour them so that they can show your team that nothing has changed for 20 years as far as your team is concerned.

And I get so high.. And I just can't feel it....

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    782 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Yes, this is the weakest Aussie batting line ever. Even when shorn of their Packer players they had Yallop, the young AB and Kim Hughes.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    343 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Yes, this is the weakest Aussie batting line ever.
    Combined that with one of the stronger bowling line up. Where would you rank this team?

Aus hardly get to play their best bowling side, but Aus did play the best bowling unit here.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Deep in their hearts everyone knows this isnt the best Australian side of even the current cricketers let alone from the past

But India can only beat whats in front of them

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Newark
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the weakest batting line up not the weakest team.
    They would still beat most of the teams at home.
    For India Pujara had to bat out of his skin to earn a victory of small margin.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Deep in their hearts everyone knows this isnt the best Australian side of even the current cricketers let alone from the past

But India can only beat whats in front of them
    Absolutely i as an indian feel the same way. They are not the full strength team due to bans and the guys playing are short in confidence

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am glad that India eventually took those last couple of wickets, it would have been a travesty if Australia had stolen the match after playing so hopelessly throughout.

Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They were weaker in the mid-late 80s. This Aussie bowling unit has scary potential and alone will compensate for the weaknesses in batting. So coming to OP, no this isn't the weakest Aussie team in the history of cricket, weakest in the last 30 odd years-yeah. But that is because from 1995 to 2008 the Aussie team was GOAT and 6-7 years on either side there were remnants/sparks/seeds of the peak greatness which ensured they were among the top bracket, though almost never the undisputed best.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is the same bowling attack that spit roasted England's batting lineup in Ashes last year. So there's that.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Worst team would be one that has no bowling attack and no batting line up. This Australian team boasts of a formidable bowling attack. In batting, they are missing Smith and Warner, that is all. This team looks weak only infront of teams like India, England and South Africa.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I m sorry, but this Australia team is on Par with Srilanka at the moment.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    782 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Yes, I’m sure @Robert would agree: Australia was really weak in the period 1985-88, but they could occasionally score 350+.
    Sure, because they had Border, with Marsh, Boon, Jones and Steve Waugh coming through.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    782 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AMSS View Post
    This is the same bowling attack that spit roasted England's batting lineup in Ashes last year. So there's that.

Well, I would argue that England’s batting in the Ashes was their worst of all time - Cook on his last legs, Bairstow handicapped with the gloves, no Stokes, #2 and #3 not up to it, and Moeen unable to get a run.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1845 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Sure, because they had Border, with Marsh, Boon, Jones and Steve Waugh coming through.
    Exactly.

Whereas this Aussie tam has just lost at home to India, after losing 3 of its last 4 Tests by at least an Innings and 300 runs, one of which was to a weak Pakistan team.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This series will basically prove how utterly rubbish Pakistan were in their home season just now. We shouldn't really be disappointed with a series to NZ, considering we let this nonsense Australian side draw a test match at our home.

On evidence of this first match, I believe India have the opportunity to blank the Aussies. India didn't play their best game, yet it was good enough to knock the stuffing out of Australia. The margin of defeat flatters the host, this was a comprehensive pounding.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1845 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Bassim View Post
    I am sure this Aussie team would be waiting for Pakistan to tour them so that they can show your team that nothing has changed for 20 years as far as your team is concerned.

I wouldn’t bank on it.

Two years ago in Australia the Pakistanis almost won the First Test and threw away a certain draw in the Second Test (after declaring).

And that was a Nine Man Pakistan team which was carrying two washed-up geriatric has-beens, one of whom (Misbah) scored less runs than Mohammad Amir or Sohail Khan.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't comment as I am following cricket just from post 2000.

Since 2000, yes, this is the weakest.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I wouldn’t bank on it.

Two years ago in Australia the Pakistanis almost won the First Test and threw away a certain draw in the Second Test (after declaring).

And that was a Nine Man Pakistan team which was carrying two washed-up geriatric has-beens, one of whom (Misbah) scored less runs than Mohammad Amir or Sohail Khan.
    Pakistan would be whitewashed with 9 Australian players.

If Australia can draw a test in UAE, they can definitely eat up Pakistan in Australia.

But its good for the spiritual heart to believe in positive things (as you are doing now) because reality usually is very bitter and hurtful.

And I get so high.. And I just can't feel it....

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rahulrulezz View Post
    Their bowling attack is probably the best bowling combination of this decade
    How much I would kill to have an awesome pace attack of Hazlewood , Starc, Cummins. Probably the best possible attack of the decade to play together.
    I don't think so. Steyn, Phillander and Morkel are the best of this decade.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It indeed is one of the worst, if not the worst. However, in place of India, if Pakistan or Sri Lanka had toured Australia, they would have lost this series even without Smith and Warner. India atleast can and should win or draw this series at the minimum.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think they're weak. They're only missing out two guys. one is out of form warner and the other one is smith. they can still smash anyteam (except SA) atm in Australia.

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you can't blame them. They are still at least competing.

If you take out Kholi and Pujara you are left with your Rohits and Rahuls.
    If you take out Kane Williamson and Boult you are left with your Colin de Grandhommes and Southees.
    If you take out Yasir Shah and Azhar Ali you are left with your Hafeezs and Sarfarazs.
    If you take out Shakib, Mushy, and Tamim you are left with your Mominuls and Arifuls.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    India, playing without Kohli defeated South Africa in South Africa in this year itself. Rohits and Rahuls are potential all time India greats. The fact that they are not regulars in this team shows the depth of batting of this Indian team.
    Last edited by latecut; 10th December 2018 at 14:22.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    May be but who cares...anyway Keep it going India.
    Pak Fan.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Whereas this Aussie tam has just lost at home to India, after losing 3 of its last 4 Tests by at least an Innings and 300 runs, one of which was to a weak Pakistan team.
    Wrong. The Aussie team that lost to Pakistan did not have their main bowlers who are back in the current team.

If anything, the performance of this team in UAE even without their main bowlers was better than the pre-ban Smith and Warner team which lost 9 straight in Asia.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    "worst Australian team" in history- is it a coincidence that this thread came up after Indian win in the first test ? If this team was the worst then how do you describe the Australian team that played against Pakistan in UAE ? That team did not even have its main pacers. That team was weaker than this team.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1848 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Packer affected Ausi team in late 70's was the worst.

Aaj ka kaam kal karo, Kal ka kaam parson. Aisi bhi jaldi kya hai, Jab jeena hai barson.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our neighbours on either sides of the border seems to be more hurt than the Aussie fans

Their reactions makes this win even more sweeter

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    and the worst aus side ever drew the Test in UAE against us.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BDfanforever View Post
    you can't blame them. They are still at least competing.

If you take out Kholi and Pujara you are left with your Rohits and Rahuls.
    If you take out Kane Williamson and Boult you are left with your Colin de Grandhommes and Southees.
    If you take out Yasir Shah and Azhar Ali you are left with your Hafeezs and Sarfarazs.
    If you take out Shakib, Mushy, and Tamim you are left with your Mominuls and Arifuls.
    Even with their key players Pakistan and Bangladesh are ranked 7th & 9th respectively
    Maybe without their "big names" they would be losing to Afghanistan/Ireland/Zimbabwe

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    370 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    World class bowling attack but weak batting line up. Add Smith and Warner back into the team and I would say it's a strong team. But this batting line up isn't good at all.

We wouldn't beat this Australian team in Australia so our fans shouldn't be downplaying India's win.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are missing just two players, if any team becomes useless team by missing two players then country has big problems.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jadaja View Post
    They are missing just two players, if any team becomes useless team by missing two players then country has big problems.
    India too missed Kohli in a few tests during the last one year (I can readily recall two occasions), but India still went on to win those tests, one of these tests was Johannesburg test against South Africa.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by latecut View Post
    India too missed Kohli in a few tests during the last one year (I can readily recall two occasions), but India still went on to win those tests, one of these tests was Johannesburg test against South Africa.
    No Kohli did play in that match.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/1...-in-sa-2017-18

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    india
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But starc, cummins, hazle, lyon is much better than post-lillee and pre-mcgrath attack for sure.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes ..it is the weakest Australian batting line up of last 30 years. But still this team would white wash any Asian team (bar India) at home. So it is still good enough .

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1848 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rudra View Post
    But starc, cummins, hazle, lyon is much better than post-lillee and pre-mcgrath attack for sure.
    They still have good bowlers back then.
    Australian bowling (1985-1993) (min 50 wickets)
    Player Span Mat Wkts Avg Econ SR 5W 10W
    TM Alderman 1988-1991 19 91 22.18 2.51 52.8 9 1
    BA Reid 1985-1992 27 113 24.63 2.67 55.2 5 2
    SK Warne 1992-1993 21 84 26.19 2.2 71.1 3 0
    MG Hughes 1985-1993 51 208 27.78 2.92 57 7 1
    TBA May 1987-1993 16 62 28.98 2.38 72.8 3 0
    CJ McDermott 1985-1993 51 201 29.17 3.01 58 9 2
    GF Lawson 1985-1989 18 62 36.95 2.85 77.7 2 0
    SR Waugh 1985-1993 61 52 44.92 2.82 95.5 2 0
    GRJ Matthews 1985-1993 29 54 49 2.77 106 2 1

Aaj ka kaam kal karo, Kal ka kaam parson. Aisi bhi jaldi kya hai, Jab jeena hai barson.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashraful_Rox View Post
    Is this the worst Australian Cricket Team ever to take field? Aaron Finch opening, Tim Paine captaining. Apart from Starc, Cummins, Hazlewood and Lyon none are fighters.

How can Australia find gun players like Langer, Haydos, Gilly and Punter. Has the quality dropped in Sheffield Sheild or Selectors are doing an incompetent job.

Its sad to see Australia playing cricket like this, growing up Aussies were a team that I admired. Walked the talk and nowadays they remind me of Andy Flowers Zimababwe.

Discuss.
    Starting this thread when it became clear that India would win reeks of utmost bias.
    If this thread was started before the game started, then we would have seen genuine replies.

Debut
    Nov 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    premature , wait till the series is over .

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    india
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pak also touring SA which will be depleted compared to team we faced. No ABD, morkel, lungi. Especially, Abd the the difference, the game changer.

Pak should win 3-0 easily otherwise be prepared to get scolded from your neighbours.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    They are still 100 times better than teams like Bangladesh lol It is their own den.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This Australian team is certainly weak without Smith and Warner. Nobody can argue against that.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BaankeJi View Post
    This Australian team is certainly weak without Smith and Warner. Nobody can argue against that.
    India also depends on Kohli a lone. He didn't even score in this match. Yet India won it. Because someone else stepped up. They don't have a warner.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Manitoba
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    By the time series is won by India that is by 4th test pretty sure some fans will come up with Argentinian birth certificates of Australia players to discredit Indian win

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mp812rediff View Post
    By the time series is won by India that is by 4th test pretty sure some fans will come up with Argentinian birth certificates of Australia players to discredit Indian win
    It is pretty rubbish. It is very hard to win a test against a team in their home ground. Take Bangladesh for example. Even though they are by far the worst team ever to play test cricket still manage to eke out a win against teams like England Australia.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The series is far from over.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can not say it is the weakest in history. That is too much of hyperbole.
    Weakest in last 4-5 years is more like it. I don't think anyone will have any problems in accepting that.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes when there is no smith/warner

as a test side

when you got finch and marsh in the xi

you know you're struggling