Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomaskutty View Post
    I knew we were going to lose at Perth as soon as I hear Shastri say after Adelaide 'To hell with the nets'

Who speaks like that with still 3 tests to go?
    I heard that and LOLled for 5 minutes afterwards.

Big mouth doing what he does best.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    everyone thought India could win in South Africa.. Lost 1-2.

everyone, and someone thought India will humiliate England, lost 1-4

Some people thought (yea a lot of people smartened up) thought India will smash Australia...and now it's 1-1

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Caracas
    Runs
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I knew we were going to lose at Perth as soon as I hear Shastri say after Adelaide 'To hell with the nets'

Did he actually say this? Maybe Media is making it up

Self belief and hard work will always earn you success - Kohli
    What we think we become - Buddha

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashraful_Rox View Post
    He did, he lost his mind when India won the first match. Some say he used a lot of swear words in his native language

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Oh my he never ceases to amuse me

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh come on ..just get pant and we might not have a day five

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    We still need one more new batsman in that scenario. Don't tell me it's Rohit.
    Ideally you should have -

Shaw, Pujara
    Vihari, Kohli, Rahane
    Rohit, Pant
    Ashwin, Shami, Sharma, Bumrah

I think Rohit on any given day is better than your other batsmen

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    782 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Lots of premature wrist slitting here. I back India to win on the spin track at Sydney.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Lots of premature wrist slitting here. I back India to win on the spin track at Sydney.
    But facing Lyon for Indian batsmen > facing Ashwin/Jadeja for Australian batsmen. I think you are in for a surprise.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even if we draw the series it would be majorly disappointing. This is our best bowling line up ever and Australia's worst batting line up atleast in the last 3 decades. If we can't win the series it will be a huge shame!

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This should be the team for boxing day
    Shaw
    Rohit
    Pujara
    Kohli
    Rahane
    Vihari
    Pant
    Ashwin
    Shami
    Ishant
    Bumrah

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He did say it. There are some quotes you hear and think 'Yep, that's definitely him.

John 3:16

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pant is a gonner this over against Lyon..what is he trying to do?

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    That's a candidate for the worst shot in the history of test cricket.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    782 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by battler View Post
    Even if we draw the series it would be majorly disappointing. This is our best bowling line up ever and Australia's worst batting line up atleast in the last 3 decades. If we can't win the series it will be a huge shame!
    Think positive thoughts. This is just one match and you won the one before.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Caracas
    Runs
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    “Get out this ball and you get to go the disco tonight; there’s a good circuit in Perth on a Monday night” - Last ball sledge

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think positive thoughts. This is just one match and you won the one before.
    Will have to win at MCG. Sydney might be a complete road and a draw could be on the cards.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    “Get out this ball and you get to go the disco tonight; there’s a good circuit in Perth on a Monday night” - Last ball sledge
    Lovely sledge for the rockstars out there

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Caracas
    Runs
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think Kohli will give a dressing room speech which will inspire hanu & pant to win the match

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It will be 1-1 good competitive series so far. Definitely India are a better side but not playing as well as they should.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I think Kohli will give a dressing room speech which will inspire hanu & pant to win the match
    At best we'll get to 30 within the target and then choke.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Now imagine if Kohli had said the same to Paine, this same sledge would have been be called cringe worthy, obnoxious, lack of respect blah blah. Right now its Saint Paine sledging, so all good.

Not that I am complaining. Need this banter all through the test, makes for a great viewing.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    782 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Will have to win at MCG. Sydney might be a complete road and a draw could be on the cards.
    Not many drawn tests these days as batters donít know how to occupy the crease. Neither of these batting lines looks like it will last long. But you have one excellent batter to their none. Back your bowlers to take 20 wickets.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At best we'll get to 30 within the target and then choke.
    I'd be over the moon if we get to within 30 off the target. That would require some effort! Pant looks a walking wicket and our tail is well the worst. Vihari though looks solid but not much he can do alone.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketindiafan View Post
    Now imagine if Kohli had said the same to Paine, this same sledge would have been be called cringe worthy, obnoxious, lack of respect blah blah. Right now its Saint Paine sledging, so all good.

Not that I am complaining. Need this banter all through the test, makes for a great viewing.
    Yeah, sledging/banter is only acceptable and even termed as funny or hilarious when done by the fair skinned.
    Even the people on this forum seemingly approve of this notion

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Caracas
    Runs
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I liked Kohli's sledging but getting physical I didn't like it man. Kohli's sledging was clever 'I am the best in the world and you're a temporary captain'

Kohli should stick to sledging Smith as both are equal. Paine is like a nobody infront of King Kohli

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

By the way this doesnt even sound like a sledge , I am sure even the batsman would be unfazed by the unsharpness of the sledge.

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPZGlij1M_skse838V7O5iw

A Joke on Youtube Comments.

Australia- We are missing Warner and Smith.

India- We are playing Rahul and Vijay.

Australia- Ok, let’s call it even

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I liked Kohli's sledging but getting physical I didn't like it man. Kohli's sledging was clever 'I am the best in the world and you're a temporary captain'

Kohli should stick to sledging Smith as both are equal. Paine is like a nobody infront of King Kohli
    Kholi is unusual in a sense that I have not seen many great players sledging average players. Usually when the likes of warne etc sledged they made the other players insecure or inferior where Kholi pretty much gave Tim pain a compliment by comparing him with himself.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shastri showed his side of the mickey with this selection.

When home team is playing 3 fast bowlers and 1 spinner, why would you try to be oversmart and go with 4 pacers. Especially when you have pretty decent spinners.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a pity that Indian opening pair don't contribute in any innings. They needed good contributions from top 3 to win this. Now no chance, the series will be 1-1. In next test India should play both Ashwin and Jadeja with 3 pacers. Rahul should be dropped.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Caracas
    Runs
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakhs View Post
    Kholi is unusual in a sense that I have not seen many great players sledging average players. Usually when the likes of warne etc sledged they made the other players insecure or inferior where Kholi pretty much gave Tim pain a compliment by comparing him with himself.
    Paine didn't curse, his sledging has been very cheeky. I was anti Paine beginning of the series but he seems like a likable fella. When Kohli charged towards him, he simply moved away and later on Kohli complaints to the umpire

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would like to see Indian tail putting up a fight tommorow.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Paine didn't curse, his sledging has been very cheeky. I was anti Paine beginning of the series but he seems like a likable fella. When Kohli charged towards him, he simply moved away and later on Kohli complaints to the umpire
    To be honest Kholi has not done much wrong in terms of sledding I am just surprised by his choice of player to sledge. Tim Pain is not really a big player compare to himself or even that important for Australia he was never likely to average say more than 30 over a series.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Shastri showed his side of the mickey with this selection.

When home team is playing 3 fast bowlers and 1 spinner, why would you try to be oversmart and go with 4 pacers. Especially when you have pretty decent spinners.
    fair comment!

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KP From India View Post
    Would like to see Indian tail putting up a fight tommorow.
    Are pigs allowed in the tailender's corner in the Indian dressing room?

Can they fly?

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oligochaetes View Post

Some people thought (yea a lot of people smartened up) thought India will smash Australia...and now it's 1-1
    It is still not! I am praying Lord Almighty to pour rains tomorrow

Debut
    Nov 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On a thread here , i had said Australia 3-1 or 2-1 before the start of series & i will stick to that .
    This Test could have been lot closer if Ashwin was replaced by Jadeja .

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I'll be glad if India survives 40+ overs.. let them earn their victory.. but knowing Kohli & Shastri they most likely to attack from the beginning..

ﺳُﺒْﺤَﺎﻥَ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪِ ﻭﺍﻟْﺤَﻤْﺪُﻟﻠّﻪِ ﻭَ ﻻ ﺍِﻟﻪَ ﺍِﻟَّﺎ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪُ ﻭَ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪُ ﺍَﻛْﺒَﺮُ
    PCL 3 FC CHAMPIONS | Loose Cannons CC | #CannonsFire

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Manitoba
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This test match is lost for India.

Although in cricket its not over till last ball, a miracle possibility like Pant-Vihari scoring 175 runs on this track is 0.01% possible and 99.99% not possible.

However team changes now seem inevitable.

In my opinion, Kohli should now gamble and play Pandya instead of Vijay and Bhuvi should replace KL Rahul.
    Even if Hardik and Bhuvi open ( a shot in the dark /wild experiment), they will most likely have a better opening stand than what KL & Vijay seem tcapable of managing based on their current form. Atleast both will contribute something with the ball if not as openers. .
    Kuldeep Yadav instead Umesh Yadav, because even if Kuldeep fails he will leak less runs than Umesh for sure. But atleast there is higher posibbility Kuldip might pick bunch of wickets if Aussie flounder against legspin.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No chance for India. Pant is reckless at the moment and won't stay long. The tail is very weak also.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    343 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    No team is likely to chase 280-290 against this Aus attack on current surface in 4th inning. India has two young batsmen with extremely poor tail to follow. They may not add even 50 runs here.

Only good thing Indians can do is to bat for a long time. Set a target to bat 40-50 overs or something like that. Keeping Aus out as long as possible will help Indian in the next test. Likelihood of doing that is very slim because Indian tails simply can't block for many overs.

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Australia likely to win, on an uneven and imo bad wicket. I am not making any excuses but Perth used to be an iconic place to watch cricketing contests. I know the pitch had slowed from the late 90s onwards but it was still lively for much of the last decade.

Now, in a new stadium, with this drop in rubbish, we have a pitch that at times rises sharply and at others barely gets up. Poor, poor, poor.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffet View Post
    No team is likely to chase 280-290 against this Aus attack on current surface in 4th inning. India has two young batsmen with extremely poor tail to follow. They may not add even 50 runs here.

Only good thing Indians can do is to bat for a long time. Set a target to bat 40-50 overs or something like that. Keeping Aus out as long as possible will help Indian in the next test. Likelihood of doing that is very slim because Indian tails simply can't block for many overs.
    Yes, we need to frustrate them and retain some momentum going into the next test instead of folding like a flat tyre.

It's what Australia did in Adelaide, getting within 50 or so runs of our total.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, we need to frustrate them and retain some momentum going into the next test instead of folding like a flat tyre.

It's what Australia did in Adelaide, getting within 50 or so runs of our total.
    Pant is simply not going to last that long. If the bowlers don't get him he'll do something silly himself. He is yet to mature as a batsman. I don't expect this match to last beyond an hour tomorrow.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This loss will demoralise India big time. I still cant figure out why Rohit Sharma and Bhuvenesh Kumar didnt play

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    370 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Australia will wrap this up. No team or player is chasing this score on this surface against this attack.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    Central Valley Area, CA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll bet Kohli and co. will stay too stubborn to realize their continuing selection mistakes and do more of the same. As a reactionary captain, he'll add a spinner this time though.

If he were half as smart with captaincy IQ as he is with his bat, India would be in a much much better position.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Pant is simply not going to last that long. If the bowlers don't get him he'll do something silly himself. He is yet to mature as a batsman. I don't expect this match to last beyond an hour tomorrow.
    He scored a giant ton during that impossible run chase at The Oval, did he not?

He should attack and see where he gets to.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barah_admi View Post
    Australia likely to win, on an uneven and imo bad wicket. I am not making any excuses but Perth used to be an iconic place to watch cricketing contests. I know the pitch had slowed from the late 90s onwards but it was still lively for much of the last decade.

Now, in a new stadium, with this drop in rubbish, we have a pitch that at times rises sharply and at others barely gets up. Poor, poor, poor.
    It's been a great match, with wicket that has started to go a bit up & down on Day 4. Good wicket.