Instagram



Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 117
  1. #1
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    13,760
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    JIT report on Asif Ali Zardari looting in Sindh - It's even worse than initially thought

    So @Mamoon and others, the JIT has laid bare the Trillions stolen. The Sindh govt which should be dismissed straight away, was at the heart of the looting and did not co-operate with JIT and the whole of the PPP top leadership need to be jailed. This indeed Is a day when PK won.

  2. #2
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    30,311
    Mentioned
    1396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Zardari and Omni groups, Bahria Town barred from trading properties under investigation

    The Supreme Court of Pakistan on Monday banned the trading and transfers of the properties of the Zardari Group, Bahria Town and Omni Group which are mentioned in a report submitted by the joint investigation team (JIT) probing the fake bank accounts case.

    PPP co-chairman Asif Ali Zardari’s legal team — led by Farooq H. Naek and Lateef Khosa — appeared before a two-judge bench comprising Chief justice of Pakistan Mian Saqib Nisar and Justice Ijazul Ahsan at the Lahore registry.

    As the hearing started, Chief Justice Nisar ordered that the summary of the JIT report be shown on a projector in the courtroom.

    The chief justice berated the Omni Group owners, including Anwar Majeed who is one of the co-accused in the case.

    "It seems that the haughtiness of Omni Group's owners has not diminished," Justice Nisar remarked. "[They have] embezzled the nation's billions and are still misbehaving."

    Meanwhile, the JIT's findings linked the fake bank accounts to Zardari, claiming that the PPP co-chairperson's personal expenses were also paid through the accounts' funds.


    Bilawal House's expenses were paid through fake accounts: JIT report

    The report stated that payments for the upkeep of Bilawal House's pets and for 28 sacrificial goats was also made through the said fake bank accounts.

    The chief justice expressed his surprise at the finding, saying: "The pet dogs' food and Rs2.7m payment of sacrificial goats was also made by Omni Group?"

    Furthermore, the JIT report claimed that the expenses of Zardari family's residences in both Karachi and Lahore — commonly known as Bilawal House — were paid through fake bank accounts.

    The chief justice asked if the Bilawal House in Lahore was built according to the law. To this, the JIT head replied that the Zardari Group had obtained Rs53.4 billion in loans, of which Rs24bn was secured from the Sindh Bank, even though the bank could only have advanced a Rs4bn loan.

    "Who owns the Bilawal House in Lahore?" asked the judge.

    "At first, it was a gift but the gift was later returned and half the payment was made to Bahria Town," the JIT head answered.

    "Does it means that this is a troika of Bahria Group and Zardari Group?" the chief justice asked.

    "They switched companies and made payments every time," the JIT rep said.

    The chief justice pointed out that a payment of Rs15,000 for Bilawal's lunch was made by Omni Group. "This is not a major payment ... maybe he (Bilawal) is a shareholder but then he should declare it."

    The JIT representative apprised the court that Bahria Icon Tower in Karachi was erected illegally on government land, adding that the 60-story skyscraper also encroaches on some of Bagh Ibne-Qasim's land.

    When the judge asked who the owners of the said tower were, the JIT rep said that "Zardari Group holds 50 per cent shares in it, whereas Bahria Group and Dinshaw are also its shareholders."

    "Who is this Dinshaw?" the judge asked.

    "He is Asif Ali Zardari's frontman."

    Regarding Zardari's sibling Faryal Talpur, the JIT report claimed that Rs1.2bn went into her account, from which land was procured in Tando Allahyar and Lahore.

    Subsequently, the chief justice issued notices to Zardari, real estate tycoon Malik Riaz and his son-in-law Zain Malik, and ordered that the JIT's report be forwarded to all the accused. The top judge instructed Zardari's counsel to submit his reply on the report.


    FIA told to contact interior ministry for ECL placements

    The Federal Investigation Agency (FIA), whose JIT had compiled the report, asked the court to put the names of all the accused on the Exit Control List (ECL).

    The chief justice told the FIA official to approach the interior ministry, saying that "they will take a decision regarding the ECL".

    The judge, during the hearing today, asked about Bahria Town's Riaz, warning him to attend the hearing or else face arrest. "We are not dependent on anyone; if he doesn't come then we can have him arrested."

    "Bahria's employees are not being paid, their electricity bills are not paid ... do [they think] we don't get it?" the judge asked.

    "Now they themselves, and not the prosecution, will have to prove all this."

    Towards the end of the hearing, the top judge remarked that the JIT's report cannot be deemed "final and complete". He suggested that Sindh Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah should bring all the documents and set up a camp office in Islamabad.

    At one point, Majeed's lawyer Advocate Shahid Hamid contended the Supreme Court's right to hear the case against Omni Group, telling the top judge that "you cannot conduct a criminal trial."

    "We can under Article 184," Justice Nisar countered.

    Later on, Justice Nisar also inquired about the whereabouts of model Ayyan Ali, who has been absconding from trial in a currency smuggling case after fleeing abroad under false pretenses.

    "Where is Ayyan Ali?" the top judge asked. "Did she leave Pakistan because she was unwell? If someone goes out of the country due to health concerns, is there a way to bring them back?"

    The case was adjourned till December 31.


    PPP rejects JIT report, dubs it 'ludicrous'

    PPP rejected the JIT's report, with its leader Bilawal Bhutto Zardari, through his spokesperson, dubbing the report's findings "ludicrous".

    "Stories were created of money laundering worth billions but the report made is about breakfasts, laundry bills and sacrificial goats," the spokesperson said.

    Bilawal also expressed his disappointment at the Supreme Court's decision to not take notice of the JIT report's leakage, adding: "Even the family court gets its orders implemented. The Supreme Court is the top-most court."

    Last week, the banking court extended the interim bail of former president Zardari and his sister Faryal Talpur till Jan 7.

    Besides the ex-president and his sister, real estate tycoon Malik Riaz’s son-in-law Zain Malik and 14 other bankers and businessmen have been booked in the case pertaining to alleged laundering of Rs4.14 billion through 29 ‘fake’ bank accounts, while former chairman of the Pakistan Stock Exchange Hussain Lawai, Taha Raza, Anvar Majeed and Abdul Ghani Majeed have been detained for their alleged involvement in facilitating the transactions.

    The FIA had detained ex-PSE chief Lawai and Taha Raza in July for allegedly facilitating opening of 29 ‘fake’ bank accounts in three private banks. A case was later registered against all the suspects under Sections 419 (cheating by impersonation), 420 (cheating and dishonestly inducing delivery of property), 468 (forgery for purpose of cheating), 471 (using as genuine a forged document) and 109 (abetment) of the Pakistan Penal Code read with Section 5(2) of Prevention of Corruption Act, 1947 and Sections 3 and 4 of the Anti-Money Laundering Act, 2010.

    https://www.dawn.com/news/1453347/za...-investigation


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  3. #3
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    30,756
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Did people really have low expectations? What was everyone smoking?

  4. #4
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    13,760
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Did people really have low expectations? What was everyone smoking?
    We know the amount was in billions but this is close to a trillion.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    9,958
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Mamoon running out of masters to serve!!

    Altaf, Nawaz and now Zardari..... comeuppance.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    13,760
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    @Mamoon running out of masters to serve!!

    Altaf, Nawaz and now Zardari..... comeuppance.
    I was expecting him to be here quickly as his latest hero Billo is involved. But @Mamoon has disappeared, maybe I should add IK in the title. This is looting on a staggering scale by AZ, Faryal Talpur, Malik Riaz and his brother with the explicit connivance of the Sindh govt.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    4,991
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The basic error in the thinking of you guys is that Pakistan's economy is in such a bad state because Zardari and NS stole money. You all miss the basic fact that the reasons for the lack of development of modern industries in Pakistan are very different.

    You all don't seem to have the ability to understand how the world works, and the real reasons your country is lagging behind. If most of your countrymen think like you, there will be no economic development, and at the end of IK's term you will still be where you are now, with no modern industries and looking to SA, China, IMF etc. for bailouts.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    13,760
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    The basic error in the thinking of you guys is that Pakistan's economy is in such a bad state because Zardari and NS stole money. You all miss the basic fact that the reasons for the lack of development of modern industries in Pakistan are very different.

    You all don't seem to have the ability to understand how the world works, and the real reasons your country is lagging behind. If most of your countrymen think like you, there will be no economic development, and at the end of IK's term you will still be where you are now, with no modern industries and looking to SA, China, IMF etc. for bailouts.
    That didn't just steal billions, they have destroyed whole institutions and hence the double damage to the economy. You will notice that all Billo fans are here but don't have the courage to post.

  9. #9
    Debut
    May 2006
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    2,936
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    The basic error in the thinking of you guys is that Pakistan's economy is in such a bad state because Zardari and NS stole money. You all miss the basic fact that the reasons for the lack of development of modern industries in Pakistan are very different.

    You all don't seem to have the ability to understand how the world works, and the real reasons your country is lagging behind. If most of your countrymen think like you, there will be no economic development, and at the end of IK's term you will still be where you are now, with no modern industries and looking to SA, China, IMF etc. for bailouts.
    The basic error in your thinking is how you greatly oversimplify everything. Let's just say what are you saying is true. Does that make Zardari and NS innocent? Does it mean they should not be prosecuted.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    30,756
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Grotesque corruption at all levels followed by lack of fear of any accountability let alone accountability itself is the major reason why the third world is the fifth world right now

  11. #11
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    8,171
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When is this man gonna be thrown in prison? The whole world knows he's guilty as sin.


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    4,991
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsan17 View Post
    The basic error in your thinking is how you greatly oversimplify everything. Let's just say what are you saying is true. Does that make Zardari and NS innocent? Does it mean they should not be prosecuted.
    Sometimes the truth and the important facts are not complicated. Sure, throw NS into the jail if it makes you feel better. The fate of a country of 200 million is more important than that of one man. Just be sure to get someone who will actually take your country to the economic development that its people deserve.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    4,991
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    That didn't just steal billions, they have destroyed whole institutions and hence the double damage to the economy. You will notice that all Billo fans are here but don't have the courage to post.
    They destroyed institutions??? You need a reality check. The institutions of Pakistan killed between 200,000 to 3 million in the Bangladesh War. Pakistani institutions have always had the Army as the sole arbiter and most powerful force. NS has been the only civilian who had enough backbone to confront the Army. In losing him, Pakistanis are oblivious of the value they are losing.

    The guy was stuck in a cell of 6 feet length after the 1999 coup. He could have retired to a comfortable life abroad. But the came back again to confront the Army.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    13,760
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    They destroyed institutions??? You need a reality check. The institutions of Pakistan killed between 200,000 to 3 million in the Bangladesh War. Pakistani institutions have always had the Army as the sole arbiter and most powerful force. NS has been the only civilian who had enough backbone to confront the Army. In losing him, Pakistanis are oblivious of the value they are losing.

    The guy was stuck in a cell of 6 feet length after the 1999 coup. He could have retired to a comfortable life abroad. But the came back again to confront the Army.
    The Indians and our Army. It gives you guys nightmares. Just compare what we spend to what you spend in order to destroy us. Can you give the comparative figures for the 2. A guy that came back to confront the army? he and his supporters couldn't confront a mouse- they are the biggest cowards around.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    2,987
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    They destroyed institutions??? You need a reality check. The institutions of Pakistan killed between 200,000 to 3 million in the Bangladesh War. Pakistani institutions have always had the Army as the sole arbiter and most powerful force. NS has been the only civilian who had enough backbone to confront the Army. In losing him, Pakistanis are oblivious of the value they are losing.

    The guy was stuck in a cell of 6 feet length after the 1999 coup. He could have retired to a comfortable life abroad. But the came back again to confront the Army.
    Confront the army ? No, he only came back for more looting and plundering. He and his daughter have actually gone quiet in the last few months in the hope of getting some sort of deal. But you can carry on your anti army propaganda if it suits you.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    4,991
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    The Indians and our Army. It gives you guys nightmares. Just compare what we spend to what you spend in order to destroy us. Can you give the comparative figures for the 2. A guy that came back to confront the army? he and his supporters couldn't confront a mouse- they are the biggest cowards around.
    You are funny. You think your Army does India damage, while your country is close to bankruptcy and doesn't have modern industries due to the combination of feudal elites and the Army elite.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    4,393
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    They destroyed institutions??? You need a reality check. The institutions of Pakistan killed between 200,000 to 3 million in the Bangladesh War. Pakistani institutions have always had the Army as the sole arbiter and most powerful force. NS has been the only civilian who had enough backbone to confront the Army. In losing him, Pakistanis are oblivious of the value they are losing.

    The guy was stuck in a cell of 6 feet length after the 1999 coup. He could have retired to a comfortable life abroad. But the came back again to confront the Army.
    Army didnt play the right right role in the past but at least today the courts are working independently. Army had sidelined themselves through the Zardari and most of NS term and we can see what mess the political mafia created. We were on the verge of bankruptcy and the nuclear assets were in danger.

    NS didnt come back to confront Army and save Pakistan but to save his own looted wealth and top it up. He knew there are millions who would still vote for him and he cashed on it big time. He lied and lied and lied during the investigations.

  18. #18
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    907
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People will only see and believe what they want to. They'll go to any length to defend their own hypotheses.

    A lot of the Pakistanis have also become used to being exploited under the term 'itna toh chalta hai yaar'.

    Best is to let them be as there's no way they'll even revisit their opinions.

    Pakistan is on the right track to end corruption. We should all be proud of that.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    38,549
    Mentioned
    1783 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Time for @Mamoon to look for another corrupt politician to bow before.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    13,760
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    You are funny. You think your Army does India damage, while your country is close to bankruptcy and doesn't have modern industries due to the combination of feudal elites and the Army elite.
    I go any website and all Inds post about Our Army and ISI. I wonder why? And friend your country has 100mns in absolute poverty. Sort your own problems out before lecturing us.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    13,760
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Time for @Mamoon to look for another corrupt politician to bow before.
    Has he appeared yet on this thread. Billo was his man, or was it was it Maryam? Before that it was NS and then it was SS, I wonder if the readers can spot a pattern?
    Last edited by Bewal Express; 25th December 2018 at 16:47.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    13,760
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Here is the link to this JIT report. No wonder AZ wanted the 18th Amendment. The scale of looting is mind boggling. It runs into billions of dollars.
    http://www.supremecourt.gov.pk/web/page.asp?id=2506

  23. #23
    Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    31,306
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PPP singlehandedly destroyed interior Sindh and Sindh overall. You just have to see the state of the place to see the devastation of the PPP.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    102,692
    Mentioned
    1842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)



    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  25. #25
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    13,760
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post

    Where has @Major, @Mamoon etc gone?

  26. #26
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    30,756
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I wish IK was a dictator who could just single handedly take down Sharif and Zardari on his own without needing the NAB, Court's. These institutions just slow things down and these crooks know how to exploit all the loopholes

  27. #27
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    13,760
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    I wish IK was a dictator who could just single handedly take down Sharif and Zardari on his own without needing the NAB, Court's. These institutions just slow things down and these crooks know how to exploit all the loopholes
    So far he has taken down Altaf and NS, he is about to take down AZ and he still needs to deal with Malik Riaz. IK is like the terminator.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    3,232
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This is kind of stuff that boils (a true patriot's not a munafiq's) blood.

    These people have literally and systematically punished Sindh's poors stealing food and water from their children's mouths and stashing it in Switzerland.

    I don't think you can be more cruel than that.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    3,232
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    So far he has taken down Altaf and NS, he is about to take down AZ and he still needs to deal with Malik Riaz. IK is like the terminator.
    It seems like there was a race between Shareefs and Bhuttos/Zardaris: who can steal more money


  30. #30
    Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    4,393
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Cant wait to see Zardari and his sister behind bars. Apparantely its not financial corruption that annoys me about them, it is the mass killings and murders they have also been involved in.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    13,760
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhenSultansBowled View Post
    It seems like there was a race between Shareefs and Bhuttos/Zardaris: who can steal more money

    As much as I hate the Sharif's, I think Bhutto/Zardaris won. Even the Sharif's don't open their Bank such as the Summit Bank. These families are absolutely evil, how much do they need?

  32. #32
    Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    5,162
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    All 172 suspects in fake bank accounts case to be placed on ECL: Information Minister

    Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry on Thursday announced that the federal cabinet has decided to place on the exit control list (ECL) all 172 suspects named in a joint investigation team's report in the fake bank accounts case.

    "I was watching [PPP co-chairperson] Asif Ali Zardari say that he does not take the JIT seriously," recalled the minister. "Hopefully, he will take it seriously after today. In the upcoming days he will know the seriousness of this inquiry.

    "This is not purana Pakistan where the two big [players] make a deal. Now, each and every penny will be accounted for."

    Chaudhry explained that the decision was taken because "this money belongs to the people of Pakistan."

    https://www.dawn.com/news/1453906/al...ation-minister

  33. #33
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    13,760
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeeraq View Post
    Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry on Thursday announced that the federal cabinet has decided to place on the exit control list (ECL) all 172 suspects named in a joint investigation team's report in the fake bank accounts case.

    "I was watching [PPP co-chairperson] Asif Ali Zardari say that he does not take the JIT seriously," recalled the minister. "Hopefully, he will take it seriously after today. In the upcoming days he will know the seriousness of this inquiry.

    "This is not purana Pakistan where the two big [players] make a deal. Now, each and every penny will be accounted for."

    Chaudhry explained that the decision was taken because "this money belongs to the people of Pakistan."

    https://www.dawn.com/news/1453906/al...ation-minister
    A long overdue move. And to think that some on here hailed Billo as a new voice- He is knee deep in the looting

  34. #34
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    3,232
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    A long overdue move. And to think that some on here hailed Billo as a new voice- He is knee deep in the looting
    But he spoke elegant posh English accent during his address. Even in these modern times (some) Pakistani people have minds of servants/slaves

  35. #35
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    13,760
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhenSultansBowled View Post
    But he spoke elegant posh English accent during his address. Even in these modern times (some) Pakistani people have minds of servants/slaves
    Do you remember when @Major @Mamoon etc were drooling over this crook. As the saying goes the Acorn doesn't fall far from the tree.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,387
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    PPP leadership is not in thre right mind to threaten some "institution". a word of advice for them, leave the Politics, if you cant handle the outcome.


    The Griffins ....

  37. #37
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    3,232
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonewarrior View Post
    PPP leadership is not in thre right mind to threaten some "institution". a word of advice for them, leave the Politics, if you cant handle the outcome.
    When you confront a liar or a thief, just right before admission of guilt there is a small window of time when they turn aggressive. It is a sign of desperation and it means they are about to go down crying.

    Nooras did exactly the same thing.

    Hammer of law is coming down baby. And y'all bet it will come down hard crushing all cockroachs. Way to go NAB

  38. #38
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    1,874
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    The basic error in the thinking of you guys is that Pakistan's economy is in such a bad state because Zardari and NS stole money. You all miss the basic fact that the reasons for the lack of development of modern industries in Pakistan are very different.

    You all don't seem to have the ability to understand how the world works, and the real reasons your country is lagging behind. If most of your countrymen think like you, there will be no economic development, and at the end of IK's term you will still be where you are now, with no modern industries and looking to SA, China, IMF etc. for bailouts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    Sometimes the truth and the important facts are not complicated. Sure, throw NS into the jail if it makes you feel better. The fate of a country of 200 million is more important than that of one man. Just be sure to get someone who will actually take your country to the economic development that its people deserve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    They destroyed institutions??? You need a reality check. The institutions of Pakistan killed between 200,000 to 3 million in the Bangladesh War. Pakistani institutions have always had the Army as the sole arbiter and most powerful force. NS has been the only civilian who had enough backbone to confront the Army. In losing him, Pakistanis are oblivious of the value they are losing.

    The guy was stuck in a cell of 6 feet length after the 1999 coup. He could have retired to a comfortable life abroad. But the came back again to confront the Army.


    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    You are funny. You think your Army does India damage, while your country is close to bankruptcy and doesn't have modern industries due to the combination of feudal elites and the Army elite.
    “The Genius”

    Relax, we will be fine.

  39. #39
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    3,232
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slipcatch View Post
    “The Genius”

    Relax, we will be fine.
    "Sure, throw NS into the jail if it makes you feel better."
    This is kind of mentality that won't let the 3rd world join the 1st world.

    If a room is dirty; you first throw out the dirtiest stuff and in the end vacuum it.
    Last edited by WhenSultansBowled; 28th December 2018 at 02:32.

  40. #40
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    30,311
    Mentioned
    1396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)


    Honestly, some of the comments from the PPP supporters in this left me speechless.

    There is no cure for delusion...


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!


  41. #41
    Debut
    May 2006
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    2,936
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhenSultansBowled View Post
    "Sure, throw NS into the jail if it makes you feel better."
    This is kind of mentality that won't let the 3rd world join the 1st world.

    If a room is dirty; you first throw out the dirtiest stuff and in the end vacuum it.
    You have to read behind the lines and find the intent here. The individual who posted that is full of conspiracy theories and whataboutism arguments with respect to the army. He just wants to take shots at the army if there is a remote connection to the army.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    5,162
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Zardari, Bilawal and CM Murad Shah among 172 fake accounts case suspects placed on ECL

    A list of 172 people, named as suspects in the fake accounts case, who have been placed on the Exit Control List (ECL) was acquired by DawnNewsTV on Friday.

    The list includes the names of well-known politicians, public servants, lawmakers, businessmen, bankers and public servants. Some prominent names include:

    Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari, PPP chairman and MNA
    Asif Ali Zardari, MNA and PPP co-chairman
    Faryal Talpur, MPA and PPP leader
    Murad Ali Shah, Sindh chief minister
    Qaim Ali Shah, MPA and former Sindh chief minister
    Abdul Ghani Majeed, Omni Group
    Anwar Majeed Khawaja, Omni Group
    Muhammad Arif Khan, Omni Group
    Ali Kamal Majeed, Omni Group
    Khawaja M. Salman Younis, Omni Group chief officer
    Nimr Majid Khawaja, Omni Group
    Malik Riaz, Bahria Town CEO
    Ahsan Raza Durrani, Summit Bank president
    Hussain Lawai, Summit Bank president
    Bilal Shaikh, Sindh Bank president
    Ahsan Tariq, Sindh Bank president
    Syed Ali Raza, National Bank of Pakistan president
    Ali Azeem Ikram, SECP executive director

    Earlier this week, a joint investigation team (JIT) probing money laundering of billions of rupees through fake bank accounts told the Supreme Court that a close nexus had been found between a troika of Zardari Group, Bahria Town and Omni Group. In a report, submitted to a two-judge bench headed by the chief justice, revealed that at least 29 bank accounts had been identified as fake which had been used for money laundering of Rs42 billion.

    Yesterday, Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry had announced in a press conference that the federal cabinet had decided to place all 172 of the suspects named in a joint investigation team's report in the fake bank accounts case on the ECL.

    Chaudhry explained that the decision was taken because "this money belongs to the people of Pakistan".

    https://www.dawn.com/news/1454092/za...-placed-on-ecl

  43. #43
    Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    6,089
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Eagerly waiting to see these corrupt looters in jail. PPP is cancerous.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    13,760
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aukhan View Post
    Eagerly waiting to see these corrupt looters in jail. PPP is cancerous.
    Hopefully, you are right. I hope they create a prison big enough for these looters. IK took Altaf down when nobody had the courage to mention his name, he has taken down NS when they said it couldn't be done, he is about to take down AZ and Malik Riaz. If IK does nothing else, he has done PK a great favour by chopping off the head of the Mafioso.

  45. #45
    Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    6,089
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    Hopefully, you are right. I hope they create a prison big enough for these looters. IK took Altaf down when nobody had the courage to mention his name, he has taken down NS when they said it couldn't be done, he is about to take down AZ and Malik Riaz. If IK does nothing else, he has done PK a great favour by chopping off the head of the Mafioso.
    It would be great if he manages to do all this.

    Altaf committed political suicide himself on 22nd August but he needs to be brought back through Interpol. This guy needs to pay for all his sins. He has destroyed three generations of Urdu speaking people and will continue to do so until he is alive. He still has alot of support here which is a shame.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    13,760
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aukhan View Post
    It would be great if he manages to do all this.

    Altaf committed political suicide himself on 22nd August but he needs to be brought back through Interpol. This guy needs to pay for all his sins. He has destroyed three generations of Urdu speaking people and will continue to do so until he is alive. He still has alot of support here which is a shame.
    But you may remember that there was a time when no Politician in PK even mentioned his name until Khan Sahib had enough. Malik Riaz is so powerful that TV channels don't even mention his name in the same breath as the SC proceedings. Like all Politicians, IK has and will mistakes but he is sincere and patriotic.

  47. #47
    Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    6,089
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    But you may remember that there was a time when no Politician in PK even mentioned his name until Khan Sahib had enough. Malik Riaz is so powerful that TV channels don't even mention his name in the same breath as the SC proceedings. Like all Politicians, IK has and will mistakes but he is sincere and patriotic.
    Yes, i remember back then MQM had Karachi under Altaf's finger and he had the courage to call these thugs out. I used to blindly support his stances at that time.

  48. #48
    Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Jeddah, Melbourne
    Runs
    1,609
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post


    Honestly, some of the comments from the PPP supporters in this left me speechless.

    There is no cure for delusion...
    Why am I not surprised?

    I'm 99% sure majority of these poor jiyalas won't even know the full form of JIT. You can clearly see that Waseem bhai is having fun conversing with these guys. Sad to see though.

    I really hope their next generation has better awareness, a logical mind and enough literacy to identify right from wrong.

  49. #49
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    30,311
    Mentioned
    1396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadi Rizvi View Post
    Why am I not surprised?

    I'm 99% sure majority of these poor jiyalas won't even know the full form of JIT. You can clearly see that Waseem bhai is having fun conversing with these guys. Sad to see though.

    I really hope their next generation has better awareness, a logical mind and enough literacy to identify right from wrong.



    Amazing 'logic' on display.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  50. #50
    Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Jeddah, Melbourne
    Runs
    1,609
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post



    Amazing 'logic' on display.
    Sherry Rahman aap please apni foundation theek se laga ke ayen ye kya aap politics main par gayi hai. Aap k bas ki baat nahi hain yeh mushkil mushkil baatein. Aap Nabila's jayen, aapko wohi suit karta hai.
    Last edited by Hadi Rizvi; 28th December 2018 at 18:50.

  51. #51
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    2,287
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, what is the process from this point on? And what will be the final legal conclusion if these crimes are proven in a court of law?

  52. #52
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    13,760
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barah_admi View Post
    So, what is the process from this point on? And what will be the final legal conclusion if these crimes are proven in a court of law?
    They go to SC again, and like with Panama scandal, NAB will file cases. Knowing how slow the process is we are going to see a decision in Apr 2020.

  53. #53
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    2,287
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    They go to SC again, and like with Panama scandal, NAB will file cases. Knowing how slow the process is we are going to see a decision in Apr 2020.
    Yes, but that is just how the westernised legal system works.

    What is the maximum legal sentence on such a case in Pakistan?

  54. #54
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    13,760
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barah_admi View Post
    Yes, but that is just how the westernised legal system works.

    What is the maximum legal sentence on such a case in Pakistan?
    It doesn't have to, the courts can sit for longer hours and crack down on things like it's my birthday, can you not announce the verdict as you will spoil the day for me.

  55. #55
    Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    5,162
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barah_admi View Post
    So, what is the process from this point on? And what will be the final legal conclusion if these crimes are proven in a court of law?
    Next hearing is on 31st December and most of the people named in this cases are issued notices to appear in person. This case is much bigger then Panama and it may possibly bring the downfall of the half of the bigwigs in Sindh.

    Asif Ali Zardari, Faryal Talpur(Asif Ali Zardari's sister), Bilawal Bhutto, Malik Riaz(Bahria Town owner), Murad Ali Shah(current Chief Minister Sindh), Qaim Ali Shah(Former Chief Minister Sindh), Anwar Majeed & co.(Asif Ali Zardari's front man & group) are involved.

    From undeclared foreign properties ,illegal land allotments, money-laundering, fake loans, kickbacks in Sindh public sector development, bank established for illegal activities(YES you heard that right) and much more - there is a plethora of material.

    The JIT have stated that it is just the tip of the iceberg as Sindh government is not cooperating with them and they didn't have enough time to investigate everything in detail as it involves more than 11,000 accounts. JIT have also recommended to file 16 references in trial court.
    Last edited by Zeeraq; 28th December 2018 at 20:00.

  56. #56
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    13,760
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeeraq View Post
    Next hearing is on 31st December and most of the people named in this case are issued notices to appear in person. This case is much bigger then Panama and it may possibly bring the downfall of the half of the bigwigs in Sindh.

    Asif Ali Zardari, Faryal Talpur(Asif Ali Zardari's sister), Bilawal Bhutto, Malik Riaz(Bahria Town owner), Murad Ali Shah(current Chief Minister Sindh), Qaim Ali Shah(Former Chief Minister Sindh), Anwar Majeed & co.(Asif Ali Zardari's front man & group) are involved.

    From undeclared foreign properties ,illegal land allotments, money-laundering, fake loans, kickbacks in Sindh public sector development, bank established for illegal activities(YES you heard that right) and much more - there is a plethora of material.

    The JIT have stated that it is just the tip of the iceberg as Sindh government is not cooperating with them and they didn't have enough time to investigate everything in detail as it involves more than 11,000 accounts.
    Just imagine if the Nooras would have won the election and what would happened to these cases. Just look at how quickly the 2 set of crooks have together. Nooras are going in TV shows protesting the Sindh mafiias innocence

  57. #57
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    2,287
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeeraq View Post
    Next hearing is on 31st December and most of the people named in this cases are issued notices to appear in person. This case is much bigger then Panama and it may possibly bring the downfall of the half of the bigwigs in Sindh.

    Asif Ali Zardari, Faryal Talpur(Asif Ali Zardari's sister), Bilawal Bhutto, Malik Riaz(Bahria Town owner), Murad Ali Shah(current Chief Minister Sindh), Qaim Ali Shah(Former Chief Minister Sindh), Anwar Majeed & co.(Asif Ali Zardari's front man & group) are involved.

    From undeclared foreign properties ,illegal land allotments, money-laundering, fake loans, kickbacks in Sindh public sector development, bank established for illegal activities(YES you heard that right) and much more - there is a plethora of material.

    The JIT have stated that it is just the tip of the iceberg as Sindh government is not cooperating with them and they didn't have enough time to investigate everything in detail as it involves more than 11,000 accounts. JIT have also recommended to file 16 references in trial court.
    Very interesting. I will be following this as best I can, because if it works out the way lots of people hope it does, and these people are proven guilty in a court of law, it would greatly benefit the country.

  58. #58
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,387
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    meanwhile, at Benazir bhutto grave,,
    they are clearly chanting, Benazir ka Qatil,,,,,, Zardari..

    @Zeeraq @Abdullah719


    https://www.facebook.com/PakistanCyb...2307196842438/


    The Griffins ....

  59. #59
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    3,232
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonewarrior View Post
    meanwhile, at Benazir bhutto grave,,
    they are clearly chanting, Benazir ka Qatil,,,,,, Zardari..

    @Zeeraq @Abdullah719


    https://www.facebook.com/PakistanCyb...2307196842438/
    I will never understand why the heck would Benazeer marry a guy like Zardari How could Bhutto father would commit such a blunder.

    Inna Lillahi wa Inna Ilayhi Rajiun. May Benazeer rest in peace.

  60. #60
    Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    3,193
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The End is all but inevitable for Zardari and his cronies. The man has to be the undisputed champion of money laundering. This low life has literally looted life out of Pakistan.



  61. #61
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    13,760
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaaik View Post
    The End is all but inevitable for Zardari and his cronies. The man has to be the undisputed champion of money laundering. This low life has literally looted life out of Pakistan.
    @Mamoon, it's seems that your man Billo is in big trouble.

  62. #62
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    12,519
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Zardari family has had it coming

    Visited interior sindh a few months ago before the elections, and stopped by a few towns. Horrible situation there, in regards to roads and other infrastructure. Didn't have the time to check hospitals and such but I'm pretty sure they would have been worse.
    Last edited by Arham_PakFan; 29th December 2018 at 22:14.

  63. #63
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    2,987
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All these crooks will soon pay for their sins inshAllah. Imran Khan is steering this country in the right direction.

  64. #64
    Debut
    May 2010
    Runs
    8,662
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Seems like PTI wants to form government in Sindh now. Don't know how that will work with the current number game.

  65. #65
    Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    2,369
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Strike! View Post
    Seems like PTI wants to form government in Sindh now. Don't know how that will work with the current number game.
    A different CM, a member of PPP who is in contact with PTI and has support of 30-40% PPP MPAs. Something they call an "asset".

    Against the ethics though. Guess one needs to beat someone at his game.

  66. #66
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    13,760
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by last_knight View Post
    A different CM, a member of PPP who is in contact with PTI and has support of 30-40% PPP MPAs. Something they call an "asset".

    Against the ethics though. Guess one needs to beat someone at his game.
    Their game is simple- get into power and steal everything. Just reading snippets of the JIT report shows that this is a organised criminal enterprise. Even the Nooras didn't setup a Bank to launder.

  67. #67
    Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    2,369
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    Their game is simple- get into power and steal everything. Just reading snippets of the JIT report shows that this is a organised criminal enterprise. Even the Nooras didn't setup a Bank to launder.
    Nooras are incompetent at every thing long term.
    Zar-dari is street smart.

  68. #68
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    13,760
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by last_knight View Post
    Nooras are incompetent at every thing long term.
    Zar-dari is street smart.
    As the mafia found, you can hide bodies but not wealth.

  69. #69
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    30,756
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    In addition to this case, I would reopen the benazir murder case

  70. #70
    Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    2,369
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh well, this fake account thing turning out to be very convoluted network. Deeper than folklore mafias.

  71. #71
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    30,756
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Apparently this is the most sophisticated evil genius money laundering operation in history where it can actually be taught as a powerful case study in Business school.

    There is no way they could have pulled it off without the permission of the Federal Govt ie PML-N, State Bank of Pakistan, FIA, FBR. A massive clean up is needed.

    33% of Sindhs Budget from 2008 to 2018 has been looted and plundered in this manner

  72. #72
    Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    4,393
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Apparently this is the most sophisticated evil genius money laundering operation in history where it can actually be taught as a powerful case study in Business school.

    There is no way they could have pulled it off without the permission of the Federal Govt ie PML-N, State Bank of Pakistan, FIA, FBR. A massive clean up is needed.

    33% of Sindhs Budget from 2008 to 2018 has been looted and plundered in this manner
    I think the 33% could be a massive understatement because I cannot see where the 67% went?

  73. #73
    Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    6,089
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Can PTI implement governor Raj in Sindh or topple Sindh government somehow?

    Sindh needs to be saved from these cronies by hook or by crook.

  74. #74
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    13,760
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aukhan View Post
    Can PTI implement governor Raj in Sindh or topple Sindh government somehow?

    Sindh needs to be saved from these cronies by hook or by crook.
    As far as I can see, not ATM. But if they are convicted then it will be possible.

  75. #75
    Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    5,162
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Cabinet to wait for SC written order regarding removal of names from ECL: Fawad Chaudhry

    Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry on Thursday said the federal cabinet has rejected the recommendations of the interior ministry to remove the names of 20 individuals from the Exit Control List (ECL).

    He was addressing a press conference following a federal cabinet meeting in Islamabad.

    The information minister said that the law ministry had informed the cabinet that the Supreme Court's written order pertaining to the removal of names from the ECL has not been issued as yet.

    Chaudhry said a cabinet committee has been formed, which includes Minister for Law and Justice Barrister Dr Farogh Naseem, Minister of State for Interior Shahryar Afridi, Prime Minister's Special Assistant on Accountability Shahzad Akbar and the Interior Secretary Azam Suleman Khan. This committee will review the issues pertaining to the 172 names, looking at the roles of each person, following which it will present its recommendations to the cabinet.

    The minister added that once the written orders of the SC are issued, the cabinet will also seek the committee's guidance regarding whether a review appeal of the court order should be submitted or not.

    A visibly disturbed Supreme Court on December 31 had ordered the federal cabinet to reconsider its “hasty decision” of placing the names of 172 individuals, including Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah and other Pakistan Peoples Party stalwarts, on the ECL.

    The court had taken up the report of a joint investigation team (JIT) constituted to probe fake bank accounts revolving around a 2015 inquiry into the suspicious transactions when ‘benami’ accounts were identified.

    On the recommendations of the JIT, the federal cabinet had in its meeting on Dec 27 last year decided to place the names of 172 individuals on the ECL, including Asif Ali Zardari, Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari, Faryal Talpur, Murad Ali Shah, Farooq H. Naek and several other leaders and provincial ministers belonging to the PPP.

    But the apex court had asked the federal cabinet to reconsider the decision in its next meeting and decide the matter after due application of mind instead of merely relying on the JIT recommendations.

    “The JIT report is not a holy scripture,” the chief justice had obser*ved, adding that a sitting chief minister was being stigmatised.

    https://www.dawn.com/news/1456684/ca...fawad-chaudhry

  76. #76
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    13,760
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeeraq View Post
    Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry on Thursday said the federal cabinet has rejected the recommendations of the interior ministry to remove the names of 20 individuals from the Exit Control List (ECL).

    He was addressing a press conference following a federal cabinet meeting in Islamabad.

    The information minister said that the law ministry had informed the cabinet that the Supreme Court's written order pertaining to the removal of names from the ECL has not been issued as yet.

    Chaudhry said a cabinet committee has been formed, which includes Minister for Law and Justice Barrister Dr Farogh Naseem, Minister of State for Interior Shahryar Afridi, Prime Minister's Special Assistant on Accountability Shahzad Akbar and the Interior Secretary Azam Suleman Khan. This committee will review the issues pertaining to the 172 names, looking at the roles of each person, following which it will present its recommendations to the cabinet.

    The minister added that once the written orders of the SC are issued, the cabinet will also seek the committee's guidance regarding whether a review appeal of the court order should be submitted or not.

    A visibly disturbed Supreme Court on December 31 had ordered the federal cabinet to reconsider its “hasty decision” of placing the names of 172 individuals, including Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah and other Pakistan Peoples Party stalwarts, on the ECL.

    The court had taken up the report of a joint investigation team (JIT) constituted to probe fake bank accounts revolving around a 2015 inquiry into the suspicious transactions when ‘benami’ accounts were identified.

    On the recommendations of the JIT, the federal cabinet had in its meeting on Dec 27 last year decided to place the names of 172 individuals on the ECL, including Asif Ali Zardari, Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari, Faryal Talpur, Murad Ali Shah, Farooq H. Naek and several other leaders and provincial ministers belonging to the PPP.

    But the apex court had asked the federal cabinet to reconsider the decision in its next meeting and decide the matter after due application of mind instead of merely relying on the JIT recommendations.

    “The JIT report is not a holy scripture,” the chief justice had obser*ved, adding that a sitting chief minister was being stigmatised.

    https://www.dawn.com/news/1456684/ca...fawad-chaudhry
    AZ must be distraught these days with Ayaan waiting in Dubai.

  77. #77
    Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    5,162
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ishaq Dar, Hussain Nawaz and Hassan Nawaz escaped and never came back to face criminal trials, it's good government is asking Supreme Court for written order because are they willing to take responsibility that the accused won't escape and will face criminal trials?

  78. #78
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    13,760
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeeraq View Post
    Ishaq Dar, Hussain Nawaz and Hassan Nawaz escaped and never came back to face criminal trials, it's good government is asking Supreme Court for written order because are they willing to take responsibility that the accused won't escape and will face criminal trials?
    But doesnt it put democracy at risk when these criminals cant enjoy their loot abroad.

  79. #79
    Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    4,393
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Why is Zardari not behind bars as yet. Has there been a deal?

  80. #80
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    5,617
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza619 View Post
    Why is Zardari not behind bars as yet. Has there been a deal?
    His case is not over yet. Its not even started properly.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •