Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    Worse than Anwar Ali. We should have invested in Aamer Yamin instead as a batting all-rounder.
    spot on... Yamin is much better with the bat and on Par with the ball.. skiddy and can bowl at the depth.. i think his stint in last year PSL with Wasim Akram as coach was also helped.. maybe he can break in the team after this year PSL (unfortunatly u have to bang in PSL to play international these days)

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny_majoka View Post
    Hassan Ali has done much Better than him as an all rounder.
    i have lost all faith hope and trust in Hassan Ali.. for me he is dead meat ... the fame got to his head and he has completly lost it ... his performance is seriously shameful to say the least

as a batsmen he was stupid in the WI game. rather than playing out overs with a batsmen on the other eand, the dofus wont slogging ... only if had played with some sense, pushed the game to 35/40 overs, we coul have lost with a smaller defecit and made it through to semis

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellu_Katta View Post
    spot on... Yamin is much better with the bat and on Par with the ball.. skiddy and can bowl at the depth.. i think his stint in last year PSL with Wasim Akram as coach was also helped.. maybe he can break in the team after this year PSL (unfortunatly u have to bang in PSL to play international these days)
    Not only is he technically more accomplished with the bat, he's mentally a lot tougher.

The problem with taking account of performances from other white ball domestic tournaments (outside PSL) in isolation, it's a lower standard of cricket than PSL, although it accounts for a bigger sample size.

Reason I say lower standard because there is more abundance of unfit, mediocre and older players outside PSL. The likes of Mukhtar Ahmed, Rifatullah, Sahbizada Farhan and etc will thrive in such substandard competitions, but they would flop in a higher profile PSL tournament, with each XI restricted to 7 Pakistanis, so essentially you're up against the best talent-pool in the country.

I believe Aamer Yamin needs to be given a role with the bat at 4 or 5 in his next PSL. He has the game to deliver and I'm sure he will.

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure what warrants a separate thread for this useless cricketer.

This just goes to show, play a few international games as a player with the PCT and doesnít matter your performance, you get your own thread.

Stop hyping this guy and move on. Itís best to invest in someone else now, to prep for the next World Cup.

This guy is done, his bowling was trash, less said about his batting the better.

He got way too many chances to prove himself, only to fail every time.

Debut
    Jan 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ARK Rafay View Post
    I'm talking about his LO cricket batting performances. It's nill. If stats means nothing, then where is his batting performances?
    I meant his bowling stats means nothing,he is a very average bowler even if he has progressed a lot(some guys were even saying he is better than our regulars bowler ect lol),if he wants to have a place in the team he needs to focus on his batting,the potential is here.

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Worse than Anwar Ali. We should have invested in Aamer Yamin instead as a batting all-rounder.
    Anwar is still one of the cleanest hitters in Pakistan. Its unfortunate that his bowling is so horrible, although not far off from Faheem's bowling

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not only is he technically more accomplished with the bat, he's mentally a lot tougher.

The problem with taking account of performances from other white ball domestic tournaments (outside PSL) in isolation, it's a lower standard of cricket than PSL, although it accounts for a bigger sample size.

Reason I say lower standard because there is more abundance of unfit, mediocre and older players outside PSL. The likes of Mukhtar Ahmed, Rifatullah, Sahbizada Farhan and etc will thrive in such substandard competitions, but they would flop in a higher profile PSL tournament, with each XI restricted to 7 Pakistanis, so essentially you're up against the best talent-pool in the country.

I believe Aamer Yamin needs to be given a role with the bat at 4 or 5 in his next PSL. He has the game to deliver and I'm sure he will.
    agree... but his place wont be above 5 at any point... i think we shld stick to 1)Fakhar 2)Imam 3)Babar 4)Harris Sohail .... if sarfraz stays he shld be no5 if rizwan comes in then it shld be no5 as well and also Yamin is probably best suited for no6 ... some1 like pandya or a poor man's stokes (currently)

we really need to get rid of hecks like Awai Zia, Mukhta, Sahabzada Farha and Riffatullah ... they are just wasting space and likes of Hassan Mohsin n Hammad Azam dont get enough chances

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coy0607 View Post
    Anwar is still one of the cleanest hitters in Pakistan. Its unfortunate that his bowling is so horrible, although not far off from Faheem's bowling
    doubt Anwar Ali is tht good...he is pure hitter .. like hassan ali .. on bowling, he is far worse than Faheem...

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
    Not sure what warrants a separate thread for this useless cricketer.

This just goes to show, play a few international games as a player with the PCT and doesn’t matter your performance, you get your own thread.

Stop hyping this guy and move on. It’s best to invest in someone else now, to prep for the next World Cup.

This guy is done, his bowling was trash, less said about his batting the better.

He got way too many chances to prove himself, only to fail every time.
    Yes he got his chances and failed miserably. And everybody also knows what his weakness are currently he is not international class, He should be re-assesed if he has improved after 2 years.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    agree... but his place wont be above 5 at any point... i think we shld stick to 1)Fakhar 2)Imam 3)Babar 4)Harris Sohail .... if sarfraz stays he shld be no5 if rizwan comes in then it shld be no5 as well and also Yamin is probably best suited for no6 ... some1 like pandya or a poor man's stokes (currently)

we really need to get rid of hecks like Awai Zia, Mukhta, Sahabzada Farha and Riffatullah ... they are just wasting space and likes of Hassan Mohsin n Hammad Azam dont get enough chances
    I agree he will bat at 6 if he cements a regular place in the Pakistan team, but he will need to prove his worth batting slightly higher up in PSL, otherwise I feel he won't be able to make enough impact and subsequently get noticed if he bats merely for a handful of overs, if you see what I mean?

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree he will bat at 6 if he cements a regular place in the Pakistan team, but he will need to prove his worth batting slightly higher up in PSL, otherwise I feel he won't be able to make enough impact and subsequently get noticed if he bats merely for a handful of overs, if you see what I mean?
    spot on... he isnt getting in as a bowler... bcz to be fair, there will be loads better than him... his only chance is to bat higher. problem is that his team wont let him...Khi normally play strong batting lineup with 2 colins, babar, chacha ifthikhar, rizwan/dunk ... after that imad as a captain will have the desire to push himself as a genuine no6 contender in the team by proving his batting.. meaning Yamin wont get to bat above no7.. and by tht time normally its the game end and he will have to slog...

i think lahore would have been a better place for him or if the managemnt of Khi can take a leaf from Isl United who regularly try to send players with batting potential up the order

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    spot on... he isnt getting in as a bowler... bcz to be fair, there will be loads better than him... his only chance is to bat higher. problem is that his team wont let him...Khi normally play strong batting lineup with 2 colins, babar, chacha ifthikhar, rizwan/dunk ... after that imad as a captain will have the desire to push himself as a genuine no6 contender in the team by proving his batting.. meaning Yamin wont get to bat above no7.. and by tht time normally its the game end and he will have to slog...

i think lahore would have been a better place for him or if the managemnt of Khi can take a leaf from Isl United who regularly try to send players with batting potential up the order
    From a career perspective, I agree he needs to move to a team eyeing a prospective 4 or 5 and this is something Lahore Qalanders clearly need, as their middle order reeks of instability.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From a career perspective, I agree he needs to move to a team eyeing a prospective 4 or 5 and this is something Lahore Qalanders clearly need, as their middle order reeks of instability.
    could be ideal for him if he can play a role that Samit Patel plays.... a bowler who can bowl at any stage i.e. open , middle or end and bat at any point, potentially permanent spot of no5

lahore need to get rid of some serious baggage ... ironically he was in lahore squad and lost us the game vs karachi which i saw in the stadium.. pollard hit him for 10 in last 2 balls

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aamir Yamin and Anwar Ali even Amadd Butt all showed potential but no body is like a Flintoff or stokes or even a Pandya. I actually had high hopes of Faheem to be fair to PCB they invested in him but he never blossomed.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1952 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Simply needs to work hard(er).

The Pakistan team management clearly saw something good in him, so they must not give up and continue supporting him, to make sure we get the best out of this investment.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Simply needs to work hard(er).

The Pakistan team management clearly saw something good in him, so they must not give up and continue supporting him, to make sure we get the best out of this investment.
    dont know why he doesnt force islamabad to make him bat at no4 for the entire tournament. his problem is short ball around chin height.. what has dean jones done for him to get that sorted in last 3/4 years... nothing.. what has grant flower done, nothing...

Problem is that by the time he comes in, he hasnt got the luxury to leave those balls as well.. he has to go hard at them.. which isnt helping him

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Rellu to produce an Allrounder who is a more than a capable batsman. Its up to the PCB management to order his team to make him bat at number 5 in all levels of the game. Only then he can be tested and get a batter bat.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    24 off 14 for Faheem in todayís Vitality Blast game vs Nottinghamshire.

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awful cricketer.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1619 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    4 overs, 0 wickets and 35 runs.

Not the best of nights for Faheem.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Mississauga , Ontario (originally from Islamabad)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Abysmal player, he wouldn't even make Afghanistan team.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was 1 maiden in his 4 overs so it was his other 3 overs which went for 35 runs. Atleast did little bit with the bat today.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Micky Arthur and the coaching staff wasted 2 years on him.

Unfortunately we're yet to have a reliable all-rounder since Razzaq/Azhar Mahmood. That's down to coaching, scouts and shocking selections.

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Really can't believe Mickey and management choose Faheem as AR over Amir Yamin

If you Can Believe In Something, Than why not believe In Yourself.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1619 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    First 2 overs 0 for 18
    Last 2 overs 2 for 8

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1504 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Finishes with 2/26 in his 4-over spell.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If there are actually people who have faith in this guy, playing T20s isn’t going to improve him. He needs time in the middle for long periods to improve his batting and same for bowling. Probably isn’t good enough but he won’t improve through playing too much T20.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1504 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    He was never really a bad bowler. His batting was the issue and remains a issue. He is not good enough to play as a bowler.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1952 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    In action tonight vs DERBY at 18:00 GMT

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His match tonight will be televised!

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1504 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

3.1-0-31-0.

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How embarrassing lol.

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This guy has gone downhill fast!

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Faheem Ashraf, Hassan Ali and Shadab Khan, the three members of the "selfie squad" has been in poor form for over a year now.
    PCB needs to get to the bottom of why this happened, these guys had such potential and probably still can redeem themselves if they get their sh*t together.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Even Northants don't rate his batting with him being scheduled to be in at 8.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    What a rubbish player he is. This is so embarrassing. Getting removed from the bowling attack. I don't want to ever see him in Pakistan colours again.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1952 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    In the squad for tonight's game vs Durham

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1952 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Faheemís bowling has never been a problem.

It is his batting.

But I believe he has the talent with the bat.

Just need to work harder on it.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Faheem in action vs Leicestershire today

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1504 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    4-0-18-1 today.

Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Faheem is like a seam bowling all rounder version of Shoaib Malik. Canít bat and canít bowl.

Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mueez View Post
    Faheemís bowling has never been a problem.

It is his batting.

But I believe he has the talent with the bat.

Just need to work harder on it.
    I donít know if you are talking about the same player I have seen play for Pakistan. His bowling is very innocuous..

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
    I don’t know if you are talking about the same player I have seen play for Pakistan. His bowling is very innocuous..
    People overrate him alot. He is a club level cricketer atm.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He barely makes it into domestic.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arsenal all the way!! (and Pakistan, of course!)

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1952 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    NOR 157/7 (20.0) CRR: 7.85

Lancashire opt to bowl

Faheem made 1!

Lets see what he does with the ball in hand

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1619 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    So nothing new then.

What an awful batsmen.

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!