Instagram

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 91
  1. #1
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    27,596
    Mentioned
    1267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    Haris Sohail ruled out of South Africa tour due to knee injury




    He requires a further 3-4 weeks to recover.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  2. #2
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    406
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    is this the same knee that kept him out for 2 yrs?

  3. #3
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    12,421
    Mentioned
    1849 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Now go back to the original plan and play Shadab instead of Yasir and Faheem instead of a sixth batsman!

  4. #4
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    27,596
    Mentioned
    1267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ami View Post
    is this the same knee that kept him out for 2 yrs?
    No.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  5. #5
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    15,202
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great!
    Just when he was finding some kind of form and looked the part this happened! With him and babar you could at least hope. He plays pace and he plays pace well which for our mega weak batting line up means a lot.

    Must say the fitness levels of the PAK players is really poor. Just look at the list of the players.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    167
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bring in Saad now. This is the last series before WC. He must debut here.
    Last edited by Zeeraq; 2nd January 2019 at 21:00.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    2,019
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really feel for Harry.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    901
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Heart breaking really.. so basically one of our best 2 batsmen is out.. all hopes on Babar now...

  9. #9
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    529
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just when he was settling in ODI sequad and test. Its shame we will not be able to see harris babar combo in odis

  10. #10
    Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    2,252
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That 400-balls innings.
    Doing exercise or net practice for hours is totally different thing as your body is not under mental stress.
    Batting for 10 hours in a match is where you also have mental stress factor.
    Wish him a speedy recovery.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    2,633
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PCB Media Release :

    Haris Sohail ruled out of South Africa tour - Middle-order batsman yet to recover from knee injury

    Cape Town January 2: Left-handed middle-order batsman Haris Sohail has been ruled out of the on-going tour of South Africa due to a right knee injury.

    Haris was not available for selection for the Boxing Day Test in Centurion while he is also out of contention for the remainder of the tour due to the same injury.

    The batsman will return home shortly while a replacement if any will be announced later.

    PCB will setup Harris’ appointment (if needed) with the best orthopaedic surgeon recommended by the National Cricket Academy’s panel of doctors for further assessment, analysis and treatment.

    Further updates on the matter will be provided in due course.
    Last edited by MenInG; 2nd January 2019 at 18:34.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    234
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Maybe chance for saud shakeel/ Saad Ali.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    158
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carrying an injured player for 19 days and declare him unfit just before the 2nd test. Where is Mohsin Khan and the rest of cricket committee? Is there anyone in PCB to question the selection committee or the team management? Trying to fool the rest of the world.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    257
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistani pride View Post
    Great!
    Just when he was finding some kind of form and looked the part this happened! With him and babar you could at least hope. He plays pace and he plays pace well which for our mega weak batting line up means a lot.

    Must say the fitness levels of the PAK players is really poor. Just look at the list of the players.
    It’s not about fitness, he had an unsuccessful surgery which is causing the dislocation of his kneecap and immense pain

  15. #15
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    97,495
    Mentioned
    1761 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by a_tahir View Post
    It’s not about fitness, he had an unsuccessful surgery which is causing the dislocation of his kneecap and immense pain
    Its not the same knee.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  16. #16
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    4,733
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Terrible news, our only real batsman other than Babar is out of the tour. He almost cemented his place in the ODI lineup but now won't play while likes of Imam, M Hafeez and S Malik will enjoy free rides.

    Best wishes for his recovery, he along with Fakhar and Babar will be our only hope at the World Cup in terms of batting.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    406
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khwaja78 View Post
    Carrying an injured player for 19 days and declare him unfit just before the 2nd test. Where is Mohsin Khan and the rest of cricket committee? Is there anyone in PCB to question the selection committee or the team management? Trying to fool the rest of the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by a_tahir View Post
    It’s not about fitness, he had an unsuccessful surgery which is causing the dislocation of his kneecap and immense pain
    Lack of professionalism.
    No side in the world will do this...as I keep saying these people dont take Pakistsn cricket seriously.
    They should have shown some courage and left the injured/unfit players like Fakhar, Abbas, Shadab at home.
    And when Haris got injured call in for replacement.
    They're so desperate and panicky ...cant seem to think straight.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    5,759
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once he recovers he really needs to do some strength training for his knees.

    Time to bring in Saud Shakil or Saad Ali in the squad. But with the current squad, I would prefer Faheem replacing Shafiq and Shadab replacing Yasir. If they really want to play Yasir then they should drop one of the pacers.

    5 bowlers and deep batting is a must in overseas tour. It was one of the reasons we won the first test against in England.
    Last edited by Titan24; 2nd January 2019 at 17:50.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    19
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Once he recovers he really needs to do some strength training for his knees.

    Time to bring in Saud Shakil or Saad Ali in the squad. But with the current squad, I would prefer Faheem replacing Shafiq and Shadab replacing Yasir. If they really want to play Yasir then they should drop one of the pacers.

    5 bowlers and deep batting is a must in overseas tour. It was one of the reasons we won the first test against in England.
    Good analysis

  20. #20
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    13,105
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saud should be called up. Get a feel of things before the ODI series aswell.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    5,759
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsalan Pro View Post
    Terrible news, our only real batsman other than Babar is out of the tour. He almost cemented his place in the ODI lineup but now won't play while likes of Imam, M Hafeez and S Malik will enjoy free rides.

    Best wishes for his recovery, he along with Fakhar and Babar will be our only hope at the World Cup in terms of batting.
    Imam was the only one other then Shan to score a 50 in 2nd innings of the first match. Dont remember many other 23 year old Pakistani openers scoring 50s in SA.

    Yes he isnt a beast in ODIs but he has decent technique and does good under pressure. Also not much options available.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    5,759
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dani594 View Post
    Good analysis
    Thanks.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    27,596
    Mentioned
    1267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ami View Post
    Lack of professionalism.
    No side in the world will do this...as I keep saying these people dont take Pakistsn cricket seriously.
    They should have shown some courage and left the injured/unfit players like Fakhar, Abbas, Shadab at home.
    And when Haris got injured call in for replacement.
    They're so desperate and panicky ...cant seem to think straight.
    Why should Fakhar, Abbas and Shadab have been left at home? They are all fit now. They had minor injuries and have recovered. No team drops players for a whole series if they have short-term injuries.

    As for Haris, not selecting another middle-order batsman was a mistake right from the start.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  24. #24
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    5,759
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsalan Pro View Post
    Terrible news, our only real batsman other than Babar is out of the tour. He almost cemented his place in the ODI lineup but now won't play while likes of Imam, M Hafeez and S Malik will enjoy free rides.

    Best wishes for his recovery, he along with Fakhar and Babar will be our only hope at the World Cup in terms of batting.
    Among the upcoming openers, I really like the look of Rizwan Hussain for lois. His basic technique is much more solid than Farhan and he looks like a natural timer. But he needs to perform really well in PSL to be in contention as world cup is now just months away. Otherwise Imam or Shan are most likely batting partners for Fakhar.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    1,782
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about calling up Salahuddin?

  26. #26
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    234
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    They should know flyout someone who was on the radar for debut in odis so that he can have knowledge about conditions rather than sending anyone for one test

  27. #27
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    4,733
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Imam was the only one other then Shan to score a 50 in 2nd innings of the first match. Dont remember many other 23 year old Pakistani openers scoring 50s in SA.

    Yes he isnt a beast in ODIs but he has decent technique and does good under pressure. Also not much options available.
    Test and ODIs are different formats, I never said to drop Imam from Tests especially when he has scored a fifty in his last innings against a quality bowling attack in difficult conditions.

    Imam can not be considered a good ODI player with his strike rate in this modern era, when has he performed under pressure? against Bangladesh where we still lost or minnows like Afghanistan, Ireland and Zimbabwe. He has struggled against every other team and can't perform against big teams.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    13,736
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's hard to recover from knee injuries. I have one myself currently and it's better than it was before, but it's still problematic and flares up from time to time. And funnily enough while I didn't injure my left knee, sometimes that has issues too, maybe because it takes too much of the load from the right knee. It's like your whole body is unbalanced and prone to other injuries. I'm pretty sad for it myself, so I can kind of sympathise with Haris here.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    1,836
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This man is too unreliable can't risk him for the World Cup either

  30. #30
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    577
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haris was not injured before the tour...he got injured in SA...Bakwaas posters

  31. #31
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    5,759
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsalan Pro View Post
    Test and ODIs are different formats, I never said to drop Imam from Tests especially when he has scored a fifty in his last innings against a quality bowling attack in difficult conditions.

    Imam can not be considered a good ODI player with his strike rate in this modern era, when has he performed under pressure? against Bangladesh where we still lost or minnows like Afghanistan, Ireland and Zimbabwe. He has struggled against every other team and can't perform against big teams.
    Agreed and second part lf my post was regarding ODIs. At the moment he hasn’t transformed himself completely in LOIs but what other options do we have. Imam just needs to develop bit more zones where he can play the shots, he has the right basics as an opener and batsman.

    You have to remember that world cup is just months away. I am all in for developing Rizwan Hussain or may be Zeeshan Malik but is there enough time now.
    Last edited by Titan24; 2nd January 2019 at 18:28.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    76,396
    Mentioned
    5020 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    He is overweight. As long as he doesn’t shed the excess kilos, his knees will continue to fail him. He needs to cut down his body fat percentage to compensate for his heavy frame.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    4,733
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Agreed and second part lf my post was regarding ODIs. At the moment he hasn’t transformed himself completely in LOIs but what other options do we have. Imam just needs to develop bit more zones where he can play the shots, he has the right basics as an opener and batsman.

    You have to remember that world cup is just months away. I am all in for developing Rizwan Hussain or may be Zeeshan Malik but is there enough time now.
    Yes, with World Cup coming too soon we will have to carry him and hope he develops into a good batsman, which I said earlier. Maybe we could have tried Haris as an opener as he is a good player of fast bowling in the 15 games available before the World Cup but now 5 games are gone for him.

    With Shan Masood's terrific List A form, he too deserves to play ahead of Imam in the next few ODI series. After World Cup, Sharjeel can also be given a chance

  34. #34
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    23,690
    Mentioned
    1795 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Unfortunate guy. He is at an age now that I am afraid he might not recover fully ever. Overweight and I guess he has some sort of knee arthritis (any specialist can shed more lights in this @Junaids, @Mamoon, @DRsohail), for which he is actually never fit - will always struggle after few games. If he is taken to World Cup, I doubt he can survive 9 games in 5 weeks. Premature end of a potential great career.

    As for Test squad, it was a blunder not to pick an extra middle order and an extra fast bowler. For a 3 Tests series, with couple of players in doubt, they should have gone with 17 players, if not 18 (they made 18 men squad for 2 Tests in UAE!!!!). Also, if think tank isn’t sure about playing Shadab for first 2 Tests, I don’t think they’ll play him at J’burg either. In that case, Shadab shouldn’t have been selected.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    40,303
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think thats it for his career.


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  36. #36
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    12,295
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bad news, but it's partly his fault. He has never been fit.

    I hope he is back for the Aus. series. Now when Hafeez/Malik fails in SA he can replace him.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    76,396
    Mentioned
    5020 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Unfortunate guy. He is at an age now that I am afraid he might not recover fully ever. Overweight and I guess he has some sort of knee arthritis (any specialist can shed more lights in this @Junaids, @Mamoon, @DRsohail), for which he is actually never fit - will always struggle after few games. If he is taken to World Cup, I doubt he can survive 9 games in 5 weeks. Premature end of a potential great career.

    As for Test squad, it was a blunder not to pick an extra middle order and an extra fast bowler. For a 3 Tests series, with couple of players in doubt, they should have gone with 17 players, if not 18 (they made 18 men squad for 2 Tests in UAE!!!!). Also, if think tank isn’t sure about playing Shadab for first 2 Tests, I don’t think they’ll play him at J’burg either. In that case, Shadab shouldn’t have been selected.
    According to reports, it is his other knee. This is obviously more concerning because it could be a degenerative issue, which clearly is very bad news for his career. However, that cannot be determined without proper diagnosis.

    Nevertheless, what is beyond any doubt is that he is overweight and needs to a proper fitness regime if he is to prolong his career into his mid 30’s let alone late 30’s.

  38. #38
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    243
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haris is really unfortunate in terms of injuries and incidents. Just when he was getting a permanent spot both in Test and ODIs, his other knee gets injured too. Hope he recovers soon.

    But this would get Inzi out of a pickle. With Haris's last ODI inning and his test form afterwards, there would have been calls for his inclusion in the final eleven, which would have been difficult in presence of both Imam and Hafeez in the team. But now that Haris is out of contention, both Imam and Hafeez can continue and we will have to bear with the same boring lineup once more.

  39. #39
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    23,690
    Mentioned
    1795 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    According to reports, it is his other knee. This is obviously more concerning because it could be a degenerative issue, which clearly is very bad news for his career. However, that cannot be determined without proper diagnosis.

    Nevertheless, what is beyond any doubt is that he is overweight and needs to a proper fitness regime if he is to prolong his career into his mid 30’s let alone late 30’s.
    Thanks Mamoon. I know it’s other knee which is bigger concern - both his knees are unable to carry his body weight, which is at least 10-12 KG more. He is like 5’11” I guess, at this age his ideal weight shouldn’t be over 70-71 KG, I can stress it to 75 max; I believe his weight is over 85kg, if not close to 90KG.

  40. #40
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    76,396
    Mentioned
    5020 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Thanks Mamoon. I know it’s other knee which is bigger concern - both his knees are unable to carry his body weight, which is at least 10-12 KG more. He is like 5’11” I guess, at this age his ideal weight shouldn’t be over 70-71 KG, I can stress it to 75 max; I believe his weight is over 85kg, if not close to 90KG.
    And his bowling career could be over as well.

  41. #41
    Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    158
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Once he recovers he really needs to do some strength training for his knees.

    Time to bring in Saud Shakil or Saad Ali in the squad. But with the current squad, I would prefer Faheem replacing Shafiq and Shadab replacing Yasir. If they really want to play Yasir then they should drop one of the pacers.

    5 bowlers and deep batting is a must in overseas tour. It was one of the reasons we won the first test against in England.
    Pak Fans are being taken for a ride here. Looks like this senior parasitic mafia [Azhr, Sarfraz, Shafiq] will play all 3 tests and lose 0-3. Then for ODI series, Inzamam will select his family team comprising of Hafeez and Imam again. PSL will start and everyone will be successfully diverted towards the circus with help of media.

    The chief selector is acting like the manager of the board, why Imran Khan nominated Mani for chairman, should've made Inzi the adhoc chief with Shakeel Shaikh as member of cricket committee.

    If chief selector can push his family and friends, Shakeel Sheikh's innocent son Arsal deserves a go as well.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    641
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty sure Harris will become injured just before WC. He has a knack of picking injuries at crucial junctures

  43. #43
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    11,203
    Mentioned
    934 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    This guys is his knee’s bunny

  44. #44
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    1,578
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Déjŕ vu.

    Already happened to him back in 2013.

  45. #45
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    97,495
    Mentioned
    1761 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    No Coach/Selector will knowingly select a player if he is not well - it just isnt worth it - so can we just accept that its bad luck and move on?

    Injuries happen to a lot of people and to think Haris Sohail has been hiding it is rather silly.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  46. #46
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    140
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistani pride View Post
    Great!
    Just when he was finding some kind of form and looked the part this happened! With him and babar you could at least hope. He plays pace and he plays pace well which for our mega weak batting line up means a lot.

    Must say the fitness levels of the PAK players is really poor. Just look at the list of the players.
    I don't think lack of fitness have anything to do with knee injuries. ACL and MCL injuries are common sports injuries and can happen to anyone. It takes about a year to recover, if he does all his rehab and prevent scar tissues from forming. We don't know what type of injury he is carrying.

  47. #47
    Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    158
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    No Coach/Selector will knowingly select a player if he is not well - it just isnt worth it - so can we just accept that its bad luck and move on?

    Injuries happen to a lot of people and to think Haris Sohail has been hiding it is rather silly.

    Fact is he was fit when he left Pakistan with the team. He was the mainstay and the team depended on him.

    Has a history of complaining just before the test match about his knee. Is kept with the team throughout the week to see whether he takes part in practice which he does'nt. Knee injury take a lot of time than 4-5 weeks so he should be dropped from the team till the World Cup. Will that happen?

  48. #48
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    27,596
    Mentioned
    1267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khwaja78 View Post
    Fact is he was fit when he left Pakistan with the team. He was the mainstay and the team depended on him.

    Has a history of complaining just before the test match about his knee. Is kept with the team throughout the week to see whether he takes part in practice which he does'nt. Knee injury take a lot of time than 4-5 weeks so he should be dropped from the team till the World Cup. Will that happen?
    What on earth do you mean 'complaining before the Test match'?

    You literally have no knowledge of what happened but you see a conspiracy in it anyway.

    The only thing that should be in focus here is Inzamam's failure at doing his job. He knew that Haris has a history of injuries yet he sent ZERO middle-order backup.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  49. #49
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    1,679
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I feel sorry for the guy. He's lost at least 4-5 years from his test career.

    However we must wonder why there no other back up middle order players were selected? Awful stuff but what more can one expect from Inzi?

  50. #50
    Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    158
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    What on earth do you mean 'complaining before the Test match'?

    You literally have no knowledge of what happened but you see a conspiracy in it anyway.

    The only thing that should be in focus here is Inzamam's failure at doing his job. He knew that Haris has a history of injuries yet he sent ZERO middle-order backup.

    Have been following team practice sessions almost regularly. Haris Sohail has been absent since last many days but they announced it just today, within 24 hours before the match begins, why?

    Inzamam has been doing the same thing for the last 2 years.

    As the match starts, media is going to divert focus from Inzamam back to Sarfraz and coach Arthur.

  51. #51
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    6,163
    Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Call up Saud, please.

  52. #52
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    13,736
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    What on earth do you mean 'complaining before the Test match'?

    You literally have no knowledge of what happened but you see a conspiracy in it anyway.

    The only thing that should be in focus here is Inzamam's failure at doing his job. He knew that Haris has a history of injuries yet he sent ZERO middle-order backup.
    I mean he did send Shan and given our issues in SA, think it's probably better if someone like Shan plays who can bat top order. It's not like we're missing batsmen in the squad, we've got one extra with Haris.

    We chose to have in the squad an extra wicketkeeper, a batting spinner. Which seem fair enough choices.

    The only glaring thing I can see is 5 fast bowling options. 4 is a must, but then you'd probably have to drop Faheem. And I think the reason why 5 were picked as Abbas was a concern so if we wanted to go with a 4 fast bowler attack and Abbas was still injured, we'd be able to.

    Even if we had another middle order bat in the squad with Haris's injury he wouldn't play, Masood would still play as would Imam. In addition had Imam failed last test, he was the most likely to face the chop hence, it would have made sense to bring a batsman who could replace him as opener if needed to in Masood.

    I think the biggest issue is the middle order of Asad, Azhar, Sarfraz not performing. And it's unlikely any will be dropped midway in a series regardless.

    I think Inzi made a mistake last test series where we picked far too many fast bowlers when we only played 2 in a team. But this time, not sure the squad picks are the issue. I can see the logic behind all the picks.

  53. #53
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    27,596
    Mentioned
    1267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khwaja78 View Post
    Have been following team practice sessions almost regularly. Haris Sohail has been absent since last many days but they announced it just today, within 24 hours before the match begins, why?
    I would advise you to not take 'experts' on TV too seriously. Spouting garbage conspiracy theories to increase their ratings is what they specialise at.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  54. #54
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    243
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khwaja78 View Post
    Have been following team practice sessions almost regularly. Haris Sohail has been absent since last many days but they announced it just today, within 24 hours before the match begins, why?

    Inzamam has been doing the same thing for the last 2 years.

    As the match starts, media is going to divert focus from Inzamam back to Sarfraz and coach Arthur.
    What does this has to do with your allegations, i.e. history of complaining about his knee before start of a test. What are you arriving at?

  55. #55
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    699
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel Haris's career will always feel unfulfilled till he does something to curb his knee issues. He has already missed out on nearly three years of international cricket and as pointed out by Mamoon his weight is definitely the cause for this.

    It's kinda ironic that the last time he was in South Africa in 2013 he suffered from a similar knee injury and then had to wait 4 years to make his test debut.

  56. #56
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    23,552
    Mentioned
    370 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Awful news. He needs to be replaced. Can’t believe inzi didn’t select a back up middle order batter.

  57. #57
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    27,596
    Mentioned
    1267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    Last edited by Abdullah719; 2nd January 2019 at 23:06.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  58. #58
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    13,722
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big disappointment. Pathetic by Inzi to not select back up for middle order. Will affect the ODI squad too. I think on current form, Mohammad Rizwan should stay in South Africa, his role can be as a batsman as he's been too good recently, doesn't have to be in the team just as a back up keeper

  59. #59
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    70,416
    Mentioned
    1518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Hearing that he should be back in 3-4 weeks if he stays clear of the PCB doctors.



  60. #60
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    6,069
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khwaja78 View Post
    Have been following team practice sessions almost regularly. Haris Sohail has been absent since last many days but they announced it just today, within 24 hours before the match begins, why?

    Inzamam has been doing the same thing for the last 2 years.

    As the match starts, media is going to divert focus from Inzamam back to Sarfraz and coach Arthur.
    Probably because they waited until the day before for him to regain his fitness. Same thing with Ashwin in AUS.

  61. #61
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    19,997
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Let me state here, that i’ve always doubted whether Haris will be part of any long term plans. I also find that this wholeinjury saga is a bit hazy. The pcb did some stuff for him which now some people in his orbit claim messed up his inury further. For what it’s worth, I think he is overweight and doesn’t have the stamina for the game.

  62. #62
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    103,995
    Mentioned
    664 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Hearing that he should be back in 3-4 weeks if he stays clear of the PCB doctors.
    That means he will be out for a year then

  63. #63
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    7,031
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chalo ji. This man should just retire. Fed up with his injuries.


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  64. #64
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    14,770
    Mentioned
    670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Sad.

    Our best batsman along with Babar Azam. But his injury will keep him out of the team.

    Wasted talent. Already lost 4-5 years.

  65. #65
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    70,416
    Mentioned
    1518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    The guy is distraught and annoyed at the same time.

    Distraught at the injury and annoyed with some mediawalas saying that he is faking the injury.



  66. #66
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    9,638
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That means Pakistan wont be able to draw a single test match in South Africa in this decade?

  67. #67
    Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    5,672
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Sad.

    Our best batsman along with Babar Azam. But his injury will keep him out of the team.

    Wasted talent. Already lost 4-5 years.
    He is a bigger loss than Baber would be. Obviously for the mid to long term Babar is the better option, but for a game to be played just tomorrow and i had to pick our best bat, i would pick harris


    If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

  68. #68
    Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Jeddah, Melbourne
    Runs
    1,570
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    Let me state here, that i’ve always doubted whether Haris will be part of any long term plans. I also find that this wholeinjury saga is a bit hazy. The pcb did some stuff for him which now some people in his orbit claim messed up his inury further. For what it’s worth, I think he is overweight and doesn’t have the stamina for the game.
    Did you even watch his centuries against AUS and NZ? Played over 350 balls for both of them in that UAE heat against proper fast bowlers. He has the stamina and the fitness. His knees probably have some sort of genetic/chronic issue.

  69. #69
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    97,495
    Mentioned
    1761 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    The guy is distraught and annoyed at the same time.

    Distraught at the injury and annoyed with some mediawalas saying that he is faking the injury.
    I wish the captain would speak about some of the bakwas being said about his player.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  70. #70
    Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    23,448
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any news on who the replacement will be?

  71. #71
    Debut
    Nov 2016
    Runs
    153
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Umar Amin should go...........

  72. #72
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    27,596
    Mentioned
    1267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boi View Post
    Any news on who the replacement will be?
    Nothing so far.

    Maybe Inzi will decide there's too many batsmen there already


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  73. #73
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    877
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Nothing so far.

    Maybe Inzi will decide there's too many batsmen there already
    He'll probably send Mohammad Nawaz or someone.

  74. #74
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    70,416
    Mentioned
    1518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boi View Post
    Any news on who the replacement will be?
    No replacement as yet. The guys already in South Africa are good enough.



  75. #75
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    648
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boi View Post
    Any news on who the replacement will be?
    If PCB are sending someone from Pakistan then it’ll more likely be a player who’ll feature in the ODI series, as a way to reduce costs of tickets and hotel rooms etc. The only player that comes to mind is

  76. #76
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    97,495
    Mentioned
    1761 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    INJURY UPDATE - Haris Sohail to start rehabilitation programme next week

    Lahore, 10 January:

    Pakistan batsman Haris Sohail will resume training at the National Cricket Academy in Lahore next week after returning home following the recurrence of a right knee injury, which he sustained during a three-day practice match in South Africa.

    Haris will start his rehabilitation programme on Monday, 14 January, under the supervision of Dr Sohail Saleem, who will provide regular updates to the Pakistan cricket team physiotherapist Cliffe Deacon.

    Haris said: “It is never a great feeling to abort an international tour due to an injury. It was actually heart-breaking as I was looking forward to the Tests, until I had a recurrence during my innings of 73 not out against Cricket South Africa Invitation XI in the build up to the Centurion Test.

    “We had anticipated that I will recover in time for the second Test, but after it emerged that the injury will take more time to heal, it was appropriate for me to return home and start my rehabilitation programme in Lahore. I am hopeful that I will recovery completely within the next four weeks.

    “The disappointment of missing out on the Tests was compounded by some misreporting in a section of the press. I want to assure to all my fans, colleagues and selectors that I am fully committed to my cricket and the Pakistan cricket team, and will leave no stone unturned during my rehabilitation programme so that I am back on to the field fully fit.”


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  77. #77
    Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    349
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder how players like Haris who are so injury prone and fragile survive domestic cricket where you don't have the luxury of rehabilitation programs and teams of physios taking care of you.

  78. #78
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    103,995
    Mentioned
    664 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    I wish the captain would speak about some of the bakwas being said about his player.
    I think the captain right now needs to keep quite and worry about himself and be thankful hes still captain.

  79. #79
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    13,722
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    INJURY UPDATE - Haris Sohail to start rehabilitation programme next week

    Lahore, 10 January:

    Pakistan batsman Haris Sohail will resume training at the National Cricket Academy in Lahore next week after returning home following the recurrence of a right knee injury, which he sustained during a three-day practice match in South Africa.

    Haris will start his rehabilitation programme on Monday, 14 January, under the supervision of Dr Sohail Saleem, who will provide regular updates to the Pakistan cricket team physiotherapist Cliffe Deacon.

    Haris said: “It is never a great feeling to abort an international tour due to an injury. It was actually heart-breaking as I was looking forward to the Tests, until I had a recurrence during my innings of 73 not out against Cricket South Africa Invitation XI in the build up to the Centurion Test.

    “We had anticipated that I will recover in time for the second Test, but after it emerged that the injury will take more time to heal, it was appropriate for me to return home and start my rehabilitation programme in Lahore. I am hopeful that I will recovery completely within the next four weeks.

    “The disappointment of missing out on the Tests was compounded by some misreporting in a section of the press. I want to assure to all my fans, colleagues and selectors that I am fully committed to my cricket and the Pakistan cricket team, and will leave no stone unturned during my rehabilitation programme so that I am back on to the field fully fit.”
    I really hope he is fit for the PSL

  80. #80
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    2,805
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was good player, but too injury prone, was never had good fitness. Time to move on from him and invest on other younger and fitter players. He is no Pujara anyway.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •