Instagram

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 401 to 457 of 457
  1. #401
    Debut
    Nov 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    882
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    This saha puranam is frankly annoying. Whoever created the hype for such an average player like saha needs to be appreciated. Somehow it caught on.
    Saha is the best gloveman in India by a fair distance .

  2. #402
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    31,030
    Mentioned
    890 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    This saha puranam is frankly annoying. Whoever created the hype for such an average player like saha needs to be appreciated. Somehow it caught on.
    Just like Bevan hype no

  3. #403
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    4,343
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jagatk View Post
    No one is calling dhoni a great keeper against pace, that is another ** assumption on your part, my exact words were acceptable. Also every keeper drops a few but only pant seems to drop ever catch that isn't a dolly, last keeper who did that for us was parthiv, pant's keeping is a similar level which is mediocre.
    You are basically assuming saha would have taken that catch lol how is that not an assumption.

  4. #404
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    4,658
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    322/5 to 350 all out is more likely with saha than 400. Did you even check how much our tail contriibuted in this series and how Jadeja got bounced out twice in a row?
    Apparently you know nothing of Saha. Pujara and Saha had a partnership which turned an entire series in India's favor.

    http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8...-v-aus-2016-17

  5. #405
    Debut
    Nov 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    882
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    343 runs & 3 wickets on day 2 . Such pitches will kill cricket

  6. #406
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    4,343
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ILcricket View Post
    Saha is the best gloveman in India by a fair distance .
    YEa right lol Mongia and sadandand viswanath are the best i have seen. This guy is not even close.

  7. #407
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    4,658
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    Your assumption is saha would have taken that catch and taken all the 21 catches that pant took.
    It was a fairly straightforward catch that Pant dropped.

  8. #408
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,820
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    322/5 to 350 all out is more likely with saha than 400. Did you even check how much our tail contriibuted in this series and how Jadeja got bounced out twice in a row?
    So we are supposed to remember that jadeja was bounced out but forget his 81 runs, remember the tail doesn't score but forget a certain pujara was still batting, this is just beyond embarrassing now.

  9. #409
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    4,343
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    Apparently you know nothing of Saha. Pujara and Saha had a partnership which turned an entire series in India's favor.

    http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8...-v-aus-2016-17
    We are talking about playing hazlewood/cummins/starc in Australia. IF you really say Saha would have contributed in every innings like Pant did in this series and took all the 21 catches then you are making a much bigger assumption than i do

  10. #410
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    20,412
    Mentioned
    343 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ILcricket View Post
    343 runs & 3 wickets on day 2 . Such pitches will kill cricket
    Not sure why this pitch when Aus needed to push for a win. Green pitch would have been the best bet even if Aus batting is poor.


    "If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

  11. #411
    Debut
    Nov 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    882
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    YEa right lol Mongia and sadandand viswanath are the best i have seen. This guy is not even close.
    Try asking experts on twitter , desi ones like Manjrekar or VVS . Incidentally i am saying he is the best in Country at the moment , not all time .
    Last edited by ILcricket; 4th January 2019 at 12:25.

  12. #412
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    4,794
    Mentioned
    466 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Buffet

    Aus need to play 180 overs ( 2 days ) and score at 4 RPO to pile on around 750 runs and bowl out India cheaply !!

  13. #413
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    4,343
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    It was a fairly straightforward catch that Pant dropped.
    21 other catches he took?

  14. #414
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    20,412
    Mentioned
    343 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    We are talking about playing hazlewood/cummins/starc in Australia. IF you really say Saha would have contributed in every innings like Pant did in this series and took all the 21 catches then you are making a much bigger assumption than i do
    Pant actually scored valuable runs in every single inning and in this test he has killed any chance of Aus win by going big.


    "If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

  15. #415
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    4,343
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ILcricket View Post
    Try asking experts on twitter , desi ones like Manjrekar or VVS .
    YEa that is how hype was built. I have seen it with my own eyes. He is way too over-rated.

  16. #416
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    4,343
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffet View Post
    Pant actually scored valuable runs in every single inning and in this test he has killed any chance of Aus win by going big.
    ONly an idiot would replace pant with saha lol

  17. #417
    Debut
    Nov 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    882
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    YEa that is how hype was built. I have seen it with my own eyes. He is way too over-rated.
    I disagree completely .

  18. #418
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,820
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    You are basically assuming saha would have taken that catch lol how is that not an assumption.
    Yes and it's not assumption its common sense if a keeper has consistently taken difficult catches he isn't likely to drop regulation ones, i know you seem to be at uneasy with concept of common sense but try it sometimes.

  19. #419
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    31,030
    Mentioned
    890 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    It's not about who will replace whom but about underrating Saha.

  20. #420
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    4,343
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jagatk View Post
    Yes and it's not assumption its common sense if a keeper has consistently taken difficult catches he isn't likely to drop regulation ones, i know you seem to be at uneasy with concept of common sense but try it sometimes.
    Are you telling me Saha never dropped a catch or missed stumping?

  21. #421
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,820
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    Are you telling me Saha never dropped a catch or missed stumping?
    I am saying he won't be dropping as many catches as pant has dropped this series.

  22. #422
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    4,343
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    It's not about who will replace whom but about underrating Saha.
    Saha's saga is over. Pointless we are talking about him. This is his first year. I have seen Pappu patel, dhoni, kkd. This guy has done far better than all of them in his debut year. He has lot of room to improve. He is only 22. He is a quick learner. He will come around. So we have to stop talking about this stop gap keeper saha every chance like he is next best after slice of bread.

  23. #423
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    20,412
    Mentioned
    343 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    ONly an idiot would replace pant with saha lol
    Keepers normally get better with time and Pant is young.


    "If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

  24. #424
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    4,343
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jagatk View Post
    I am saying he won't be dropping as many catches as pant has dropped this series.
    Doing it year after year is one thing. Doing for a couple of years another. Gilly dropped lot of catchces and called it quits around the time he retired. This guy is already 34. What sort of reflex he will have.

  25. #425
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    97,372
    Mentioned
    1757 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Australia reach Stumps on Day 2 of a pretty one-sided contest (as it stands) on 24/0 in the first innings of the 4th Test


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  26. #426
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,820
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    Saha's saga is over. Pointless we are talking about him. This is his first year. I have seen Pappu patel, dhoni, kkd. This guy has done far better than all of them in his debut year. He has lot of room to improve. He is only 22. He is a quick learner. He will come around. So we have to stop talking about this stop gap keeper saha every chance like he is next best after slice of bread.
    You also said you have watched how kirmani was poor at start of his career, so its difficult to take your opinions seriously.

  27. #427
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    4,343
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffet View Post
    Keepers normally get better with time and Pant is young.
    Yes. We should not even talk about Saha. This guy is a game changer. Third most influential player in this series behind Pujara and Bumrah.

  28. #428
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,820
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    Doing it year after year is one thing. Doing for a couple of years another. Gilly dropped lot of catchces and called it quits around the time he retired. This guy is already 34. What sort of reflex he will have.
    Again assumptions galore, but using yours imagine how bad pant will be if he can't take these catches now.

  29. #429
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    4,343
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jagatk View Post
    You also said you have watched how kirmani was poor at start of his career, so its difficult to take your opinions seriously.
    Well then you don't know the history then. He was dropping a lot of catches, so many byes when he started.IT took a while before he became a better keeper.

  30. #430
    Debut
    Nov 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    882
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffet View Post
    Not sure why this pitch when Aus needed to push for a win. Green pitch would have been the best bet even if Aus batting is poor.
    Incompetent curator i guess . He said before the game that day 1 it will help the pacers , 2 & 3 will be a good batting deck & turn on day 4 & 5 . What we saw was movement off the deck & nice carry for first 75 minutes & after that it flattened out completely .

  31. #431
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    4,343
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jagatk View Post
    Again assumptions galore, but using yours imagine how bad pant will be if he can't take these catches now.
    Sorry you are passing your "assumption" as common sense. MIne is just assumption? lol

  32. #432
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    4,658
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    We are talking about playing hazlewood/cummins/starc in Australia. IF you really say Saha would have contributed in every innings like Pant did in this series and took all the 21 catches then you are making a much bigger assumption than i do
    India was 328/6 in reply to Australia's 451 when Saha came in to bat in the 3rd Test of a series that was tied 1-1 at that point. Conceding a first innings lead to Australia and then batting last was an almost sure loss. So the Pujara-Saha partnership did save India.

    Pant came in to bat when the Australian attack was already ground down by Agarwal, Vihari and Pujara and India was on top. Saha came in to bat when India was in dire straits.

    The third most influential player is Agarwal. If you don't understand that, you do not understand cricket.

    Think about the issues, I don't see any point in continuing this.
    Last edited by Napa; 4th January 2019 at 12:35.

  33. #433
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    20,412
    Mentioned
    343 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ILcricket View Post
    Incompetent curator i guess . He said before the game that day 1 it will help the pacers , 2 & 3 will be a good batting deck & turn on day 4 & 5 . What we saw was movement off the deck & nice carry for first 75 minutes & after that it flattened out completely .
    Agree with the bold part. Aus didn't need this road here. Even if Aus bats well, you can't do much in roads to force a result.


    "If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

  34. #434
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    4,343
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    India was 328/6 in reply to Australia's 451 when Saha came in to bat in the 3rd Test of a series that was tied 1-1 at that point. Conceding a first innings lead to Australia and then batting last was an almost sure loss. So the Pujara-Saha partnership did save India.

    Pant came in to bat when the Australian attack was already ground down by Agarwal, Vihari and Pujara and India was on top. Saha came in to bat when India was in dire straits.

    Think about the issues, I don't see any point in continuing this.
    Good. Yea no point in talking about players who will never play for India ever again. Let us focus on the future. He is the best option we have by some distance as a keeper batsman. With 8,9,10,11 = 10 runs at most Pant's role is immense.

  35. #435
    Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    17,646
    Mentioned
    813 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Damn this was brutal. I don't recognize this Australia.


    2 possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are terrifying.

  36. #436
    Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    18,111
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    ONly an idiot would replace pant with saha lol
    Agree. but only an idiot will also claim Saha is not a brilliant keeper which you are doing


    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain

  37. #437
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,820
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    Well then you don't know the history then. He was dropping a lot of catches, so many byes when he started.IT took a while before he became a better keeper.
    Yes just like how dhoni was a rubbish keeper and saha is overrated, do you have anything to back up these alt-facts, because literally anyone who has watched kirmani keep considered him India's best keeper and dhoni did not have question marks over his keeping until the fag end of his career.
    Last edited by jagatk; 4th January 2019 at 12:38.

  38. #438
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    4,343
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jagatk View Post
    Yes just like how dhoni was a rubbish keeper and saha is overrated, do you have anything to back up these alt-facts, because literally anyone who has watched kirmani keep considered him India's best keeper and dhoni did not have question Mark's over his keeping until the fag end of his career.
    You have to read lot of cricket books, history books.

  39. #439
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    4,906
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    This saha puranam is frankly annoying. Whoever created the hype for such an average player like saha needs to be appreciated. Somehow it caught on.
    Dude! Have you seen Saha keep? He is without a shadow of doubt the best pure WK out there in international cricket. His footwork, anticipation and hand eye coordination are brilliant for a WK.

    That does not mean he should be in the Indian team. He is 34, and even though he does score useful runs, we need a better batsman as a WK, due to our weak middle order. He is not the future, and it is time we invested in the future. Saha was always the interim solution for a few years until we had someone like Samson or any other keeper batsman mature. Samson did not show the performance in the first class arena to take the spot, but luckily for us Pant has. Nonetheless, Saha has been a great servant of Indian cricket and his keeping (and batting) has been crucial in maintaining our home record. But, since we have a brilliant talent now, which we did not have 4 years back, its time to invest in the future.

    Pant's keeping is not up to the mark, but he should be persisted with since he has all the potential to become a good WK and a perfect no.6 batsman. Pant needs to increase his WK skills in the next couple of years. We cannot afford dropped catches from WK or slip, if we want to win in the next set of tours abroad.

  40. #440
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,820
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    You have to read lot of cricket books, history books.
    Please do quote these books will you?

  41. #441
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    31,030
    Mentioned
    890 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    Saha's saga is over. Pointless we are talking about him. This is his first year. I have seen Pappu patel, dhoni, kkd. This guy has done far better than all of them in his debut year. He has lot of room to improve. He is only 22. He is a quick learner. He will come around. So we have to stop talking about this stop gap keeper saha every chance like he is next best after slice of bread.
    No its not pointless bhai.

    I have seen way too many posters constantly crap.ping on Saha needlessly even he was performing.

    Even arguing Pappu Patel is better. Lol.

    Agreed Pant is the future (his keeping needs work) and I hope he can play the tough knocks Saha has played (Nagpur, Gros Islet, Kolkata) when his team needs him the most.

    But there's no need to insult Saha who is one of the best keepers we can even dream of having.

  42. #442
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    4,343
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiafan View Post
    Agree. but only an idiot will also claim Saha is not a brilliant keeper which you are doing
    I said over-rated. Not worst.

  43. #443
    Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    6,838
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    India is making a history, this is much bigger than winning WC, test series win in AUS, that too a full series, things donít get better than that in Cricket!!!

    Congratulations India, their greatest achievement in Cricket

  44. #444
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    4,343
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    No its not pointless bhai.

    I have seen way too many posters constantly crap.ping on Saha needlessly even he was performing.

    Even arguing Pappu Patel is better. Lol.

    Agreed Pant is the future (his keeping needs work) and I hope he can play the tough knocks Saha has played (Nagpur, Gros Islet, Kolkata) when his team needs him the most.

    But there's no need to insult Saha who is one of the best keepers we can even dream of having.
    Pant is too good that he could even develop into a specialist batsman. He is not like KKD who wasted his talent. He had severe concentration issues. Pappu is pappu. Who dropped like 23 catches at one point costin 685 runs without scoring big runs. With so many genuinely talented middle order batsmen coming up we just have to focus on the future. Saha is last thing i expect to talk about. We have an opener to replace, couple of dodgy middle orders to replace, find a back up fast bowling resource for the current lot. Pant is the least of our worries. IF anything he is one of the best thing that happened to Indians. Entire Australian commies agreed that he improved every match. Today's catch was probably a tired attempt. HE probably would take it 9 out of 10 times even without gloves. He will get better over the years.

  45. #445
    Debut
    Nov 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    882
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiafan View Post
    Agree. but only an idiot will also claim Saha is not a brilliant keeper which you are doing
    True

  46. #446
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    4,343
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ishant Sharma, who bowled wonderfully in the morning session, suffered a dropped chance off his bowling of Day One of the first Test between India and Sri Lanka at Galle when wicketkeeper Wriddhiman Saha dropped an easy catch after Dinesh Chandimal edged behind.


    Wicketkeeper Wriddhiman Saha then dropped Ben Stokes twice on the second day and the left-handed batsman went on to punish India by scoring 128.

  47. #447
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    31,030
    Mentioned
    890 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Pant dropped a catch?

    Just saw.

  48. #448
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    31,030
    Mentioned
    890 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    Pant is too good that he could even develop into a specialist batsman. He is not like KKD who wasted his talent. He had severe concentration issues. Pappu is pappu. Who dropped like 23 catches at one point costin 685 runs without scoring big runs. With so many genuinely talented middle order batsmen coming up we just have to focus on the future. Saha is last thing i expect to talk about. We have an opener to replace, couple of dodgy middle orders to replace, find a back up fast bowling resource for the current lot. Pant is the least of our worries. IF anything he is one of the best thing that happened to Indians. Entire Australian commies agreed that he improved every match. Today's catch was probably a tired attempt. HE probably would take it 9 out of 10 times even without gloves. He will get better over the years.
    I dont hav issues with Pant.

  49. #449
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    3,054
    Mentioned
    424 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    Ishant Sharma, who bowled wonderfully in the morning session, suffered a dropped chance off his bowling of Day One of the first Test between India and Sri Lanka at Galle when wicketkeeper Wriddhiman Saha dropped an easy catch after Dinesh Chandimal edged behind.


    Wicketkeeper Wriddhiman Saha then dropped Ben Stokes twice on the second day and the left-handed batsman went on to punish India by scoring 128.
    Posters with goldfish memories read above.

    And pant was running around and smashing aussies for hours before coming out to keep.

  50. #450
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    1,303
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Pant’s drop!

    This name keeps on giving,
    Its pronounced as "Pa-aunt" and not "Pa-ent"

  51. #451
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,820
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JattMaula View Post
    Posters with goldfish memories read above.

    And pant was running around and smashing aussies for hours before coming out to keep.
    Problem isn't that pant dropped a catch it is that he has dropped nearly every difficult or even just not very easy chance he has gotten this series. Also no one has called saha a better batsman than pant.

  52. #452
    Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dŻr
    Runs
    14,863
    Mentioned
    488 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    Its pronounced as "Pa-aunt" and not "Pa-ent"
    It's pronounced Pant with a soft T.

  53. #453
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    31,030
    Mentioned
    890 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jagatk View Post
    Problem isn't that pant dropped a catch it is that he has dropped nearly every difficult or even just not very easy chance he has gotten this series. Also no one has called saha a better batsman than pant.
    Thats a cause for concern.

    Hope he improves.

  54. #454
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    12,389
    Mentioned
    1844 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    Thats a cause for concern.

    Hope he improves.
    I donít have a problem with Pant.

    Heís like Quinton De Kock: he is a batsman/goalkeeper, not a wicketkeeper.

    But outside Asia thatís no bad thing!

  55. #455
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    3,054
    Mentioned
    424 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jagatk View Post
    Problem isn't that pant dropped a catch it is that he has dropped nearly every difficult or even just not very easy chance he has gotten this series. Also no one has called saha a better batsman than pant.
    Someone should do analysis on dropped chances by Pant and previous keepers for us.

  56. #456
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    2,148
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Saha is officially 34, the age at which Dhoni retired from test cricket.

    He is an athletic keeper, mediocre batsman but his story is over as age is not on his side.
    Last edited by BreadPakoda; 4th January 2019 at 13:34.

  57. #457
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    870
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Congrats to Indians for winning the series 3-1. This series shows why batting leaders are so important to any side. Aussies without their best batsmen of this generation are running around like headless chickens. I feel even their bowlers have given up knowing fully well that their efforts wonít bear any fruit with their stupid batting line up.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •