Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well one thing is very clear for the batsmen now. There is only one gear that they need to use in the second innings. NO MORE cute shots, risky singles, chasing drives etc...... They only need to focus on survival.

Keep batting tommorow, the day after, just occupy time at the crease. Tire the SA bowlers.

Just defend like their lives depended on it.

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope our batsmen just block the hell out of it, instead of trying to win the match try and get their own averages up atleast.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Queen of Arabian Sea
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    Just see the dismissal of Amla WTH haha weirdest dismissal you will seein gully cricket
    I think Markrams is weirder. Amlas shuffle made it more dramatic compared to Markram.

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The things I would have done for another 421 balls innings by Haris Sohail in this 2nd innings for Pak. Hope Azhar somehow blocks a good 300-400 balls atleast.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1787 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    Feel sorry for these boys now. Sarfraz might not play the next test. Innings defeat is an absolute certain right now.
    Why you think that he won’t play next Test? Do you think he has that much self respect or personal pride? I doubt - a captain who wants to lead from example should restrain from biriyani addiction and get into such potato shape.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bantu View Post
    Sorry went offline for a bit.
    Quinton de cock’s blocked a ball which ballooned and almost fell onto the stumps (very close).
    One of the commentators asked Ramiz what if had bounced and hit the stumps . Ramiz said immediately “ Soft signal will be out and we know what happens after that” ...
    @Hitman

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Hermanus, South Africa
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The kid (Afridi) eyeing Faf?

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    690 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Shaheen seems to be inspired by Bowling at a similar pace anyway.

'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WengerOut View Post
    I think Markrams is weirder. Amlas shuffle made it more dramatic compared to Markram.
    You can't blame Markram That can happen. But Amla's dismissal is weird given how much he exposed his leg stump.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Manitoba
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalin View Post
    Chase?? I thought SAF are supposed to Chase
    Chase the lead down and build a lead for SA to chase.
    In hindsight, looks like Hafeez timed his retirement perfectly

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandiasza View Post
    The kid (Afridi) eyeing Faf?
    You really don't like him, do you

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Queen of Arabian Sea
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take that Sarfaraz haters

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    690 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Faf out

'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan’s only hope is by breaking the fingers of all these tailenders. Then again, I won’t be surprised if Markram has to roll his arm over and takes a 5fer instead.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    After the drop Faf went into a shell for no reason. He barely added anything after the drop. 10 runs may be.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boi View Post
    Pakistan’s only hope is by breaking the fingers of all these tailenders. Then again, I won’t be surprised if Markram has to roll his arm over and take a 5fer instead.
    Can happen with 145k bowlers. Doubt this will happen with 130k bowlers

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1787 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
    Well one thing is very clear for the batsmen now. There is only one gear that they need to use in the second innings. NO MORE cute shots, risky singles, chasing drives etc...... They only need to focus on survival.

Keep batting tommorow, the day after, just occupy time at the crease. Tire the SA bowlers.

Most of the PAK players actually play with that exact philosophy- hence this result. Only two players looked some what decent were Babar & Shan and they played shot. These Azhar Ali clones are UAE product - zero back foot game. And for a decade these type of “safe” players are sponsored by every Captain, coach & selectors; hence we see Azhar, Asad plying for a decade and Umar, Maqsood, Amin thrown out of the window.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Hermanus, South Africa
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    You really don't like him, do you
    Hehe, not really. He's a bit too young for test cricket, imho.

Got Faf though. Well done.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Pakistan’s only hope is by breaking the fingers of all these tailenders. Then again, I won’t be surprised if Markram has to roll his arm over and takes a 5fer instead.
    Markram? Amla's beard can turn up to bowl and pick up a 5fer.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you're hoping for physical injuries to opposition players just because your useless bowlers can't do jack?

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Burnley/Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Get abbad and amir on to rattle the tail

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    QdK has so much potential. Love watching him bat.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Faisalabadimunda View Post
    Yeah. Some chin music will do well here.

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Faisalabadimunda View Post
    The tail will play better than sarfaraz

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Hermanus, South Africa
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't call Philander "the tail" though. Not to his face

You can actually see he would be handy with the bat in another timeline.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandiasza View Post
    I wouldn't call Philander "the tail" though. Not to his face

You can actually see he would be handy with the bat in another timeline.
    He has a fairly solid technique. Looks at par with Ashwin as a batsman.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Burnley/Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Is this out?

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    So game gona finish tommrow

New Era of Team Pakistan

Debut
    Nov 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once Faf got out , i expected pace from at least 1 end trying to get the bowlers out . Sarfaraz does do things differently .

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Philander could get into our team as a batter alone.

Game will be over just after tea tomorrow

Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    What an idiotic review by Kaptaan Sahab. He has been atrocious in the last 2 sessions.

Dropped catch of Faf

No 3rd slip for De Kock when he was new at the crease. Edge went flying. Would have had him on 8.

Poor review here and early on off Amir's bowling.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Excited for PSL

New Era of Team Pakistan

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Most of the PAK players actually play with that exact philosophy- hence this result. Only two players looked some what decent were Babar & Shan and they played shot. These Azhar Ali clones are UAE product - zero back foot game. And for a decade these type of “safe” players are sponsored by every Captain, coach & selectors; hence we see Azhar, Asad plying for a decade and Umar, Maqsood, Amin thrown out of the window.
    You are right, simply blocking will not win test matches. Rotating strike, ramping up the scoring against the old ball etc. are vital for a successful innings.

But this game it's different. The Final innings is ripe for tuktuk'ing. Quite a few wickets in the first innings fell when batsmen were surprised by sharp bouncers. Now simply sway away, keep low arms.

Time for some 200 ball 50s.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1757 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    CSA media Release: DU PLESSIS AND BAVUMA BAT PROTEAS INTO COMMANDING LEAD

Friday, 04 January 2019

FAF DU PLESSIS and Temba Bavuma shared by far the biggest partnership of the Castle Lager Test Series to date to give the Standard Bank Proteas a first innings lead in excess of Pakistan’s first innings total on the second day of the second Test match at PPC Newlands on Friday.

The stand for the fifth wicket was worth 156 runs and that included the first instance of the series on surfaces that are by no means easy of a team batting through a session without losing a wicket. This happened between the lunch and tea intervals when they added 93 runs.

In the process Du Plessis scored his 9th Test century (103 off 226 balls, 13 fours), his first at Newlands and also his first against Pakistan.

The elusive second Test century again eluded Bavuma (75 off 162 balls, 10 fours) as both batsmen perished against the second new ball when batting conditions became a lot more testing with both batsmen carrying a significant number of bruises as their badges of honour.

Once again Bavuma demonstrated his ability to make important runs when it really counted. With the Pakistan seamers threatening throughout the morning session when the Proteas were able to score only 65 runs for the loss of the wickets of Hashim Amla and Theunis de Bruyn there was the real possibility of a repeat of the first Test scenario when the Proteas enjoyed only a slender lead.

But Bavuma and Du Plessis put that prospect to bed as they first wore down the Pakistani bowlers and then exacted full toll. This was a continuation of previous innings Bavuma has played under pressure, most of which have been abroad under foreign conditions.

Recent examples were seen at both Perth and Hobart in 2016 and at Wellington in New Zealand a year later.

Quinton de Kock then consolidated the Proteas position further with the fourth half-century of the innings to take the Proteas lead past the 200-run mark. He finished on 55 not out (72 balls, 7 fours) as the Proteas extended their lead to 205 with four wickets in hand.

Shaheen Afridi (3/112) was the most successful bowler but the fact that Yashir Shah was not able to fulfil a holding role, going for four runs to the over, put a heavy workload on all the seamers who have bowled 86 overs in the match between them to date.

The Sunfoil Education Trust (SET) has benefited to the tune of R323 000 from the number of fours and sixes hit and wickets taken by the two sides in the series with the running tally for the current match being R90 000. The players on both sides score income for the fund by hitting boundaries (R1 000) and sixes (R2 000) and taking wickets (R2 500)

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Nov 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought Shan could have bowled more during the day . Anyway , 382/6 is great on this pitch after being 149/4 at one stage . The best strategy for visitors should be to bowl the 3 pacers non stop for 20 overs tomorrow & hope that a few blows to body might tempt Faf to declare & not prolong what is frankly a overkill . Lead of 205 gets them a innings win in my opinion .

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    200+ lead on board. I'm betting for an innings defeat

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we'll probably fall less than what we did in the first innings

not sure what we expected to be honest

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbread View Post

The problem is with trying to block everything---balls that are not on the stumps and even bouncers.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1787 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    SAF must bat as long as possible tomorrow. I want to watch cricket on Saturday. This is unacceptable that 5 days Test will be finished inside 2.5 and weekends will be blank. Next Saturday no EPL game either. Vernon won’t get a better chance to hit a Test hundred - he must be supported and CSAF will be more than happy - they have lost 2 days gate already. PP should also be happy, otherwise SAF commis might go to Ian Chappell route.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Azhar is the key. It's alarming the way he's getting out to short stuff. He's much better than that. The awkward dismissals are because of his indecisiveness whether to leave or play. I think he will come good tomorrow as the scrutiny is probably at its highest.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My gut feeling says Pak will surprise us all.

Reality says no.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The batting as usual is to blame. Can't expect the bowling the save you every match.

We have fallen to almost minnow status as a batting side (if not already there) since the loss of YK and Misbah. Simply no mental strength.

What more can be said about our three seniors in Sarfraz, Azhar, and Shafiq.

Our captain will give himself a pass obviously with his lone 50 in many innings.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    999 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    I predicted a 3-0 whitewash before a ball was even bowled given Pakistan's weak batting lineup and poor historical record in South Africa. However even I am dismayed at the gutless display in this series where Pakistan have barely put the hosts under any sustained pressure apart from bowling in the 1st innings in Centurion.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    370 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Game over. Past ranting about this pathetic team. No fight at all.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mueez View Post
    My gut feeling says Pak will surprise us all.

Reality says no.
    I have been having that gut feeling for the past 10 years but it has never come true.
    I don't see why it will come true this time.
    This is the most unlikely of all possibilities

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't understand all the talk about Misbah and Younus.
    Have u all forgotten how they flopped last time in SA?
    Even if they were in their prime and in this team still we wouldn't have won.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    I predicted a 3-0 whitewash before a ball was even bowled given Pakistan's weak batting lineup and poor historical record in South Africa. However even I am dismayed at the gutless display in this series where Pakistan have barely put the hosts under any sustained pressure apart from bowling in the 1st innings in Centurion.
    Instead of resting or doing some practice, the SA players were playing football and Bavuma indirectly said in an interview to Ramiz Raja that there is more pressure in the football match they are playing amongst themselves than the actual test match against PAK. Even the SA commentator said the same thing.
    That is just the top level of humiliation.
    HUGELY disappointed
    Last edited by a_tahir; 5th January 2019 at 03:52.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The saddest part is that in conditions that are hot and dry, on a pitch which isn't really that bad apart from a couple cracks, the batsmen played rash shots and got themselves into childish positions. The bowlers have once again had to toil away. Even a line up as good as Pakistan's cant get a team out below 250 in a test so often.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barah_admi View Post
    The saddest part is that in conditions that are hot and dry, on a pitch which isn't really that bad apart from a couple cracks, the batsmen played rash shots and got themselves into childish positions. The bowlers have once again had to toil away. Even a line up as good as Pakistan's cant get a team out below 250 in a test so often.
    Pakistan should play how australia are playing right now. Just try to minimize the lead and lessen the embarrassment.
    No point of defending too much and losing wickets.
    Don't play rash shots, but just play sensible and aggressive shots

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barah_admi View Post
    Since when?

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pitch appears to have slowed a touch. We definitely need something special from one of the bowlers early on day 4 to get some momentum and then the batters need to get the demons out of theirs heads and ignore the ones on the pitch. Just dig deep and show some mettle.

It's interesting watching the highlights how many runs SA got behind the wicket, Pakistan when they were batting were actually managing to hit it in front of square on the legside, definitely have been working on pulls and cuts. If they can just find a way to play the steep bounce of Olivier, they might even pull this to day 5 and make SA regret not playing a specialist spinner..... imagine that!

Debut
    Nov 2018
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's ridiculous to see the criticism Asad Shafiq is getting, even when Pakistan are bowling, as if only he's the problem in this toothless side. How about criticising Coach's favourite Babar and Nephew Imam or their selection with the same severity? What so special Babar has done since his debut to escape criticism? Almost reaching 40 test innings and has scored only 1 century , carrying poor FC avg of around 35. How's he in the team? Asad, despite his inconsistency in last few series, showed his mettle abroad when he became only Pak batsman in recent history to score centuries on his maiden tours to Aus, SA and Eng. What's babar done? Failed in Aus in his very first tour, didnt get 1century on tours to NZ n Eng? Why has he become so favourite despite literally doing nothing in first 38 test innings of his career and how many other newcomer would have got the same amount of chances as Babar has got if they had failed in first 40 tests innings and scored only 1 century ?

Debut
    Nov 2018
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So before asking Asad to be dropped, there should be cries of Babar and Imam to be dropped. They are the one's who even failed to make their mark even in First Class. Averages of 34,35 in FC aren't good enough to get selected for tests. Just because he's 'Babar' - a flop in domestic - he shouldn't get an easy ride in the test team. We have far better Test batsmen than Babar waiting for their chances the likes of Fawad, Usman, Saad, Saud even Iftikhar. Imam with such an awful record shouldn't be in the team ahead of Abid Ali.
    After getting rid of those two 'Favourites' everyone can target Asad but for now it's ridiculous to make him a scapegoat and let Babar,Imam enjoy a free ride when they are failures even in domestic.

Ideally you can replace all of them as we have enough bench strength only if decide to utilise it.

Fawad, Usman, Saad/Saud can replace Babar and Asad... While Abid Ali can come in for Imam. Shan masood has such a poor record, his few innings shouldn't make him undroppable. Avgs in 20s in tests, 33 in FC are as poor as they can get. You are playing for Pakistan not for Bangladesh or Zimbabwe for God's sake.

Debut
    Nov 2018
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If fans can be so ridiculous to suggest that Sarfraz, Asad and Azhar are the problem but Amir, Imam, Babar, Shan are good enough to play test cricket then how can anyone question selection committee? Fans deserve such results/torture I think when they themselves support non performing 'favourites' or PSL stars in test.
    Such is the support for PSL bowlers like Shaheen and Hasan that no one bothers to mention real test match/long formats bowlers like Sadaf Hussain, Mir Hamza and Tabish khan.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Edmonton-Lahore Canada-Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Farhan93 View Post
    So before asking Asad to be dropped, there should be cries of Babar and Imam to be dropped. They are the one's who even failed to make their mark even in First Class. Averages of 34,35 in FC aren't good enough to get selected for tests. Just because he's 'Babar' - a flop in domestic - he shouldn't get an easy ride in the test team. We have far better Test batsmen than Babar waiting for their chances the likes of Fawad, Usman, Saad, Saud even Iftikhar. Imam with such an awful record shouldn't be in the team ahead of Abid Ali.
    After getting rid of those two 'Favourites' everyone can target Asad but for now it's ridiculous to make him a scapegoat and let Babar,Imam enjoy a free ride when they are failures even in domestic.

Ideally you can replace all of them as we have enough bench strength only if decide to utilise it.

Fawad, Usman, Saad/Saud can replace Babar and Asad... While Abid Ali can come in for Imam. Shan masood has such a poor record, his few innings shouldn't make him undroppable. Avgs in 20s in tests, 33 in FC are as poor as they can get. You are playing for Pakistan not for Bangladesh or Zimbabwe for God's sake.
    Wow is this hypocrisy at it's best or what... Not even going to try and argue anything here, because your own posts contradicts everything you are trying to say.

IN PAKISTAN LIES OUR DELIVERANCE,DEFENCE, AND HONOUR.
    -Muhammad Ali Jinnah