Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He has a very compact technique. Brings the bat close to hit body when hitting in the V. Very un-Akmal

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tijnar View Post
    Babur is just playing to survive, in the process making runs
    if he is in surviving mode why he is playing with strike rate over 100?

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    From CI

21 fours by Babar Azam v Steyn this series - most by any batsman in a series v Steyn

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Epic batting. Most exciting Pakistani batting prospect in a long time.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    A mini victory by Babar. Hopefully it will give him confidence for the future SENA tours.

Personally, I already expected a 0-3 phainta and my only interest in this series was how Amir and Babar performed.

(I don't think Abbas has been 100% fit)

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Fantastic knock so far by Babar Azam.

Pity there is nobody to support him.

Have some Sehwag in your life.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    that was kohli esque shots
    Kojli can only dream some of those shots... Babar was such good!

Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    This was before the match

Name:  i.jpg
Views: 779
Size:  19.5 KB

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kashmiri Gate, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    that was kohli esque shots
    Kohli has never been able to slay Steyn like Bobby is doing. Pure swag!

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandarchowka View Post
    Kojli can only dream some of those shots... Babar was such good!
    WRONG you have no idea what you are saying. you should watch kohli batting
    Last edited by saeed5646; 12th January 2019 at 14:49.

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan-Italia-Deutschland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Relax guys. Kohli is on another level. Just hope Babar ends up half as good as Kohli is at the moment

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL. Steyn is in the twilight of his career, past his best by a long margin.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    Kohli has never been able to slay Steyn like Bobby is doing. Pure swag!
    even VIV richard SRT and Bradman cannot sly steyn like babar did

right?

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    695 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The Steyn Slayer continues on his merry way. And does it with such ridiculous ease

'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainul View Post
    still bowling with average speed of 140 and top speed of 148 and that too in Sa .i don,t think there is anything to LOL about

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Azzurri View Post
    Relax guys. Kohli is on another level. Just hope Babar ends up half as good as Kohli is at the moment
    no body is comparing him with kohli was just comparing some shot of babar with kohli

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    OZtRaLeYah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Babar destroying Steyn.....

"You want Philly, Philly ? " Nicholas Edward Foles

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    741 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tijnar View Post
    Babur is just playing to survive, in the process making runs
    Wow, talk about making a golden duck on debut - atrocious first post on PP!

No, Babar is not playing to survive, him along with Shan, are the only two Pakistani batsmen who have looked confident and assured at the crease in this series.

Politics trumps intelligence (pun intended).

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    741 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Yes he is past his best but definitely not by a long margin, he's still getting the ball to move and he's still bowling at an average of 87mph, which is lightening quick if compared to the modern test seamers.

Politics trumps intelligence (pun intended).

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steyn lost his mojo...he is bowling quick but it looks like he is spraying those nothing balls...i think his time is up in test cricket, its time for him retire...babar playing well but we have to consider that it's steyn who is in his last legs...

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    693 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    The Steyn Slayer continues on his merry way. And does it with such ridiculous ease
    Reminds me of Umar Akmal.

He was brutal against the fast bowlers. And played with so much ease against pace.

Akmal family is gifted!

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Babar heard on the the imaginary stump mic to Steyn: ďtum ne mere ustad aur hamare hero Hafeez ko isee jagaa zaleel kiya tha, ab hass ke dhikao? ď

(You ridiculed my hero and my batting guru Hafeez right here, letís see you laugh now)
    Last edited by Majid Khan; 12th January 2019 at 15:31.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Reminds me of Umar Akmal.

He was brutal against the fast bowlers. And played with so much ease against pace.

Akmal family is gifted!
    Babar's shot selection and batting intelligence are way superior to Umar's, though.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I said before, Babar is a remarkable talent, with good technique and I hope a high work ethic. He is the best t20 batsman n the planet, one of the top 5 ODI batsmen and now, slowly, turning into a top 10 test batsman, all before the age of 25.

The best batting talent Pakistan have had since a young Inzy. As long as he has the grit of Younis Khan, he may turn into the best ever.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    693 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammad10 View Post
    Babar's shot selection and batting intelligence are way superior to Umar's, though.
    Yes. Compared to current Umar.

But Umar would have offered us way more than all our batsmen in SA except Babar.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1824 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    So far in this series, Babar Azam has 92 runs against Dale Steyn in 78 balls with 19x4s !

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Kaptaan sahab got out just the way I said he would. Absolute trash way of playing.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Jhansi(uttar pradesh),India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Whats the use of this domination? Pak is getting destroyed in Sa?
    I am repeating the same question which some posters were asking when kohli was making runs for fun in overseas tour.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh lawd!

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moral victory in a 3-0 thrashing.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    After bahar hits out and scores, he should then settle down and go for a big innings. You have already hit a good bowler out of the attack but going wild throughout wont let you make big scores. Have seen many great innings in tests where batsmen started by counter attacking and then settled down to play long innings instead of just continuing. Bahar should think about this

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is the exact reason why Pakistan is good in T20 and not good in test. Fans and management are happy with flash in the pan performance. Yes Babar took steyn to the cleaners but he has not converted those starts to go on and get big scores. Would you rather him hit Steyn at SR of 110 or him go on and score 170? Babar scoring 170 would help his team more than him taking on Steyn.

It is also same with bowlers too, they bowl few gem of overs after long spells of mediocre performance. They need a coach who expects consistent performance from the team.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdman View Post
    This is the exact reason why Pakistan is good in T20 and not good in test. Fans and management are happy with flash in the pan performance. Yes Babar took steyn to the cleaners but he has not converted those starts to go on and get big scores. Would you rather him hit Steyn at SR of 110 or him go on and score 170? Babar scoring 170 would help his team more than him taking on Steyn.

It is also same with bowlers too, they bowl few gem of overs after long spells of mediocre performance. They need a coach who expects consistent performance from the team.
    He's been batting with tail enders for your information. Today he had a chance but played a poor shot.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khan12 View Post
    He's been batting with tail enders for your information. Today he had a chance but played a poor shot.
    Then he need to move up to 3, your best batsmen should play at 3 or 4.

Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiafan View Post
    After bahar hits out and scores, he should then settle down and go for a big innings. You have already hit a good bowler out of the attack but going wild throughout wont let you make big scores. Have seen many great innings in tests where batsmen started by counter attacking and then settled down to play long innings instead of just continuing. Bahar should think about this
    He had a brainfade today no doubt but in the previous 2 occasions he was batting with the tail and just trying to get as much runs as possible. Even then he didn't get out slogging, rather defending.

In the UAE he has shown the willingness to dig in and play long.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1824 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    still bowling with average speed of 140 and top speed of 148 and that too in Sa .i don,t think there is anything to LOL about
    Steyn was not all about pace, his speciality was his amazing ability to swing the ball both ways at such lightening pace. After recurrent injury and long lay off he seems to have lost the ability to swing comprehensively.Pace is not everything friend.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    384 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Babars bullying of Steyn has been a highlight of the series.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post

Utter domination. I saw Steyn smiling awkwardly yesterday after another boundary by Babar. It's like Babar is burying the ghosts of Steyn vs Hafeez out there. Revenge time!!

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiafan View Post
    He's following the same template that AB used to score a winning knock against India, its not a bad tactic on these decks and based on his position in the order.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1894 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Never had any doubts about his shot making ability & I can bet for India, he would have opened in ODI for sure. His next step, which is much tougher task is to convert this nice 50s & 70s into 100, may be 200. I donít think hitting boundaries is only sign of domination, rather a master batsman needs to dominate for hours, sessions & take the game away. Still brilliant stroke play & Think Tank needs to back him - first step is to promote him at 4 in Test & opening in LOs.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Steyn was not all about pace, his speciality was his amazing ability to swing the ball both ways at such lightening pace. After recurrent injury and long lay off he seems to have lost the ability to swing comprehensively.Pace is not everything friend.
    Did you even bother to watch steyn bowling for alteast 3 overs minus babar? .he still bowls good outswinger with odd one nip back of the seam .i don.t think he is that bad still 80 % of old steyn left in him

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Never had any doubts about his shot making ability & I can bet for India, he would have opened in ODI for sure. His next step, which is much tougher task is to convert this nice 50s & 70s into 100, may be 200. I donít think hitting boundaries is only sign of domination, rather a master batsman needs to dominate for hours, sessions & take the game away. Still brilliant stroke play & Think Tank needs to back him - first step is to promote him at 4 in Test & opening in LOs.
    You are right but for that, he needs to be placed up the order. Only yesterday he played a bad shot at 49. Before that in all innings he was batting with the tail.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Clearly you havent watched the match. Steyn was swinging and beating the bat of other players consistently.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steyn is well past his prime..so not a big deal ..

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Great strokeplay.

Though in the series it was more important to dominate olivier.

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Babar is a great talent. Anyone who knows something about batting could see years back. And him finding his feet in Test cricket was just a matter of time. I remember telling @babajee so many times in his threads to not worry about Babarís future at all.

But I request Pak fans to not overhype things and make him more self centered. He needs to take up more responsibility and bat responsibly for the team. Thatís what best batsmen do for their teams. With this current criterion, you guys are actually saying that Markram is better than Babar, because he actually performed better and he always faced the new ball against bowlers having a fresh start. Would you agree? I donít think heís as good as Babar at the moment.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Q View Post
    Babar is a great talent. Anyone who knows something about batting could see years back. And him finding his feet in Test cricket was just a matter of time. I remember telling @babajee so many times in his threads to not worry about Babarís future at all.

But I request Pak fans to not overhype things and make him more self centered. He needs to take up more responsibility and bat responsibly for the team. Thatís what best batsmen do for their teams. With this current criterion, you guys are actually saying that Markram is better than Babar, because he actually performed better and he always faced the new ball against bowlers having a fresh start. Would you agree? I donít think heís as good as Babar at the moment.
    Ever since I made that Umar comparison thread, Babar finally found his groove in test cricket

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Ever since I made that Umar comparison thread, Babar finally found his groove in test cricket
    Hahaha right.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1824 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Think Babar's vanity having the better of him in that review - he didnt want to be out to Steyn

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    He was doing brilliantly again. All the momentum was killed by Imam.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    To be fair, that was a nasty slow-one from Steyn.

Just the ATG showing his class to young Babar

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Think Babar's vanity having the better of him in that review - he didnt want to be out to Steyn
    I don't remember plumber decisions