Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This match is Pakistan's best chance to win, with Faf out doubts over amla and makram,you should win, and if even then you can't win then well I dunno how it will abode for the future.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    2 changes will happen
    Rizwan for Fakhar
    Faheem for Yasir

New Era of Team Pakistan

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Faheem and Shadab should play. Don't know what has happened to Mickey

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think our players should all feign sickness instead of humiliating themselves further. Hope it rains bucket loads for five days
    Last edited by PakLFC; 8th January 2019 at 11:04.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think shadab was injured, that is why they didnt play 5 bowlers as per MA

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Plenty of rain forecast. But there’s still a few days to go.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by last_knight View Post
    Will come back to it later. You can bookmark it.
    It's easy to decipher this logic though.
    He might not play in the 3rd Test but I doubt the ODI squad will be the reason if he isn't selected

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    You can't drop someone after they score 88. Anyway, there are no other replacements for him in the squad, and he is the third highest run scorer for Pakistan in the series.
    I'm seeing it from the POV that this guy can't offer much value going further (88 runs were obviously for himself only). And what's the point of a having a squad if you can't even replace one single player?

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Faheem needs to get a game.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Most likely there will be 3 changes and could even be 4.

Fakhar, Yasir and Shaheen(due to workload) will be replaced by Shadab, Faheem and Hasan.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I think this test match build up needs controversy. Pakistan cricketers have become too nice over the last few years.
    We are not here to win trophies for best behaved team or cleanest uniforms or "elite honesty" rubbish whatever its called.

Mickey or Sarfaraz should accuse the saffers of pitch tampering and say we would beat them easily in UAE.

All this nice nice play with meek shafiq and azhar types is not helping.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsalan Pro View Post
    Most likely there will be 3 changes and could even be 4.

Fakhar, Yasir and Shaheen(due to workload) will be replaced by Shadab, Faheem and Hasan.
    I would love Shaheen to be rested and would rest him myself as you can see from my post, but knowing our stupid management, won't surprise me if he plays

Debut
    Nov 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some interesting comments from Gibson about the kind of pitches they want [ fast & bouncy ] & from Mickey about his looking for 5 bowling options here . Pakistan must ensure they take 20 wickets economically & should feel more confident about batting after 294 in last Test .
    I hope hosts too drop a batsmen & add Keshav to the 11 .
    Any one checked the weather forecast ?

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope Mickey plays Shahdab in place of Yasir. Yasir has taken 1 wicket in 2 tests. Shahdab at least can bat. Plus Mohd Rizwan can play in Place of Fakhar Zaman. Faf Du pleissi got 1 match ban. Only if Pakistan would have been so lucky and Sarfraz got the 1 match ban. we could then have given the in form Rizwan a chance as Wicketkeeper batsman.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    5 pacers sounds good

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The difference has been length the pak bowlers have bowled and the way pak batters have batted, TBH you have to be a bit fuller here just over good length, rather than the oooh and aah length you bowl that is the same thing India did in first 2 matches and plus you have to be assured of ur off stump look to leave as many deliveries outside off stump and be decisive in ur footwork, you don't exactly have to play hook or pull let the bowlers bowl to you rather than going after them.
    Last edited by Bubby; 9th January 2019 at 07:43.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1846 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Time for some big selection decisions coming up for Mickey and Sarfaraz.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    ELGAR APPOINTED PROTEAS STAND-IN CAPTAIN; MALAN PUT ON STANDBY FOR MARKRAM

Wednesday, 09 January 2019

CRICKET SOUTH AFRICA (CSA) today announced the appointment of Dean Elgar as stand-in captain of the Standard Bank Proteas in place of Faf du Plessis for the final Castle Lager Test match against Pakistan, starting at the Bidvest Wanderers Stadium on Friday.

The selectors have also put uncapped World Sports Betting Cape Cobras opening batsman Pieter Malan on standby for Aiden Markram, who has a right thigh injury sustained while fielding in the previous Test match at PPC Newlands.

Markram will undergo a fitness test tomorrow to determine whether he can play.

“The appointment of Elgar as stand-in captain is part of our strategy to develop our pool of leaders,” commented CSA National Selection Panel (NSP) convener Linda Zondi. “We have previously used Aiden Markram and Quinton de Kock in this role in ODI matches and Dean has previously captained the Proteas at Test match level against England at Lord’s in 2017.

“Pieter Malan has an outstanding track record in four-day domestic cricket over the past two seasons, having made more than 1700 runs including 7 centuries. He has also made the step up to South Africa A level, first against Australia and then against India A on the sub-continent,” concluded Mr. Zondi.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    I was just about to post that Amla is fit, but Pieter Malan has been called up for Aiden Markram.

This Test really should be Pakistan’s chance to break the Southern Hemisphere hoodoo.

They need to go in at full strength, which means Amir and SSA must play.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    666 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    Plenty of rain forecast. But there’s still a few days to go.
    2 full days play will be enough for SA to wrap up a 3-0 win.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    666 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Time for some big selection decisions coming up for Mickey and Sarfaraz.
    Is sarfraz going to do everyone a favor and drop himself?

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    5+2+3 is no brainer for Pakistan. Mickey admit, the reason he did not play Faheem because Shadab was not fit. At this point he does not have confidence to play Faheem as lone allrounder, with two things get better. But then he should have been developing him in uae.

We lost in uae because of batting collapses. England would have lost series against India, if they hated allrounfers as much as Pakistanis do. When you have brittle batting lineup, you got to find other ways. In test cricket theee are too many runs in down order, since ICC doesn’t want reverse swing to be factor, you got invest in lower order, plus in west you always make more runs after 35/40 overs. Most Pakistanis, media and ex players don’t get those basis of test cricket. Our ex had not done much either, they were collapsing in sa and AUS as well without investing in allrounders.

I hope we will invest in allrounfers even in uae and also pay attention to FC lot more than what we have done so far, T20 to test is not working and neither is uae

Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Excited Hamza ready to go if selected

Wednesday, 09 January 2019

Standard Bank Proteas batsman, Zubayr Hamza, doesn’t want to look too far ahead, but admits the possibility of making his debut in the third Castle Lager Test match against Pakistan at Bidvest Wanderers Stadium is an exciting thought. Hamza was selected as the reserve batsman in the squad, and the suspension of Faf du Plessis has opened up an opportunity for the 23-year-old to make his first run at international level.

“I haven’t received confirmation if I am playing or not,” Hamza said at the Wanderers on Wednesday. “If given the chance that would be great, I have really enjoyed my time so far, the training has been intense and everyone has been welcoming. I have felt comfortable in the team surrounding, if given the chance I am looking forward to it. There is a lot of excitement at the moment.”

Hamza has had a sterling run at franchise level over the last two years, and boasts 3648 runs in 52 first-class matches with an average of 49, including nine centuries. Although he is lacking in match time after missing out on the Mzansi Super League (MSL) and a round of CSA four-day matches since he has been with the squad, he remains confident about his preparation and form.

“The month off (from the MSL) gave me perspective and I focused on working on myself and on my game,” he explained. “Yes I haven’t started off too well this season with franchise cricket but I don’t feel out of form. I still feel like I’m batting well and that I have a lot to offer. The runs and performances haven’t shown it but that is not how I feel, I have been batting well. I have been training well with the world-class coaching staff that we have here, I have learnt a lot so far.”

The Rondebosch Boys High School graduate grew up looking up to stars like Jacques Kallis, AB de Villiers and Hashim Amla, but says he has been feeding off most of the players in the squad on what it takes to perform at international level. If selected, his personal brief will be to keep it simple and to rely on the formula that has brought him past success.

“I have learnt a lot from every individual in the team, whether it is on the field or off the field,” he said. “For me, I’d like to stay true to myself and stick to the game plans that have got me to this position. I will try to be self-confident and have self-belief.

“I have tucked under a few guys wings so far,” he admitted. “I’ve been leeching as much information as I can about what it takes to perform at this level, but I have also combined that with my own mixture to try and perform as an individual.”

If Hamza is the only debutant in the playing XI, he will be the 100th cap for South Africa since readmission.

Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Any room of complacency needs to be ironed out: South Africa’s stand-in captain Dean Elgar

Stand-in South African captain Dean Elgar said on Thursday he had given a “blunt message” to his players ahead of the third and final Test against Pakistan, starting at the Wanderers Stadium on Friday.

“I spoke to the team yesterday and I told them that any complacency needs to be ironed out,” said Elgar, who is standing in for the suspended Faf du Plessis. Elgar said South Africa were determined to complete a 3-0 clean sweep against the tourists.

There is a personal reason for Elgar to get a win as captain. His only previous international captaincy was in the first Test against England at Lord’s in 2017 when Du Plessis flew home to be at the birth of his first child.

South Africa were beaten in that match and Elgar admitted that he found the experience “chaotic”.

“It was the start of a very big series with all the hype and media commitments, so I wasn’t really able to enjoy it,” he said. (ALSO READ: Disrupted South Africa seek clean sweep against Pakistan)

“This time we’ve got the series in the bag and although it’s still a massive goal to win 3-0 there is a little less stress. I’m hoping to enjoy this experience.”

Elgar said South Africa had been in position to finish off opponents in the final Tests of previous series, notably against India last year, but had let the opportunities slip.

South Africa will move up to second place on the International Cricket Council (ICC) Test rankings, which Elgar said he regarded as “a massive opportunity”.

Elgar said he was “pretty sure” opening batting partner Aiden Markram would play after undergoing a fitness test on Thursday. He also hinted that South Africa would again opt to play four fast bowlers on a pitch which has usually favoured them.

“It looks a good wicket and hopefully it will have pace and bounce.”

If South Africa went the all-seam route, Elgar said he would be aware of the problem of keeping up with the required over rate, following Du Plessis’s ban for a second over-rate offence in 12 months.

“I will have to bowl a few overs,” he said of his left-arm spin, “and (off-spinner) Aiden (Markram) may have to bowl a few overs too.”

As an opening batsman, Elgar said he had been “mightily impressed” with Pakistan’s fast bowlers. “They come out with some fire. When conditions suit them, potentially they are up there with the best.”

Pakistan batsman Azhar Ali said that although his team were disappointed to have lost the series, they hoped to bring their “A game” to the Wanderers.

“Every Test match you play outside (the UAE) is important for us. Hopefully, we can win this Test match and it will be very good for us, especially with the one-dayers coming up.”

Pakistan play a series of five one-day internationals after the Tests.

“Any tour of South Africa you learn a lot,” said Azhar. “It is always tough. We tried to plan for it and practise for it but unfortunately it did not go to plan. But there are still some things we think we have achieved. A few of the batsmen got stuck in and showed they can play on these wickets.”

Despite being Pakistan’s most experienced batsman, Azhar has had a poor series, with only 44 runs in four innings.

“Coming into this series I had good confidence and the way I was playing in nets and in the side (warm-up) game I felt very good,” he said.

“Unfortunately, I didn’t perform but I still have one game to play and hopefully I can convert that good touch in the middle.”

Azhar said the Wanderers pitch looked better for batting than those for the first two Tests. “It looks a better track. Yes, it has grass but in terms of cracks, I think they will widen much later than in the first two Test matches.”

https://www.cricketcountry.com/news/...n-elgar-789675

Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Proteas opener Aiden Markram passed fit to face Pakistan at the Wanderers

Proteas opener Aiden Markram has been passed fit to face Pakistan in the third and final Test match at the Wanderers but South Africans will have to wait until before the toss on Friday morning to find out if uncapped Cobras batsman Zubayr Hamza will make his debut.

Markram hurt his thigh while fielding in the second Test in Cape Town but he has won the race to take his place at the top of the batting order with stand-in captain Dean Elgar as the Proteas look to register a 3-0 whitewash over Pakistan.

Speaking at his pre-match press conference on Thursday‚ Elgar said the cricket fans will have to wait a little bit longer to find out if the highly-rated Hamza will become Proteas Test 100 to replace regular captain Faf du Plessis who is suspended.

“We have a good headache at the moment because we can either go with the four seamer option or we go back to three seamers and one spinner‚” said Elgar‚ adding that whoever is going to replace Du Plessis will be a direct swap at number five.

“This morning he (Markram) went through some serious fitness tests because you have to take that stuff seriously.

"I think he managed to get through everything like everyone expected him to but he is doing another one and after that they will make a call. I am pretty sure that he will be in a good space to play.

“Elsewhere‚ I don’t think we going to shift around the batting line-up too much.

"I think players have earned their places at respective positions. Whoever comes in for Faf will be a direct swap for that position.”

Hamza is the favourite to fill that huge void that has been left by Du Plessis and his chances are favoured by the fact that South Africa is expected to attack Pakistan with four seamers like they did in the New Year’s Test win in Cape Town.

The only scenario that will stop Hamza from making his debut is if Gibson and Elgar go the unconventional route of playing with four seamers and spinner Keshav Maharaj at this venue that promises pace and bounce.

“To win we have to put out our best side for these conditions which generally does offer our seamers more‚" he said.

"That has been our strength so far in the series.

"To change playing with four spinners is going to be a big call and I am not saying it is totally out of the picture but you guys will have to wait and see on Friday.

“If we go with four seamers‚ I will have to bowl a few overs in every session and if Aiden is fit he will also have to come in as a bowling option. We just have to box clever and do with what we have.”

Elgar‚ who will draw from his only captaincy experience against England at Lord’s two years ago‚ said he expects Pakistan to be more determined as they will be looking to avoid a whitewash.

“We want to win this series 3-0 and the summer 5-0 with the two Tests we have against Sri Lanka later‚" Elgar said.

"We are playing at home which is a massive advantage for us.

"But it is not a dead rubber because we have a massive opportunity to get up the rankings.

"They have so much still to play for as a side because they have been hurt a bit throughout this series and that is the nature of playing against South Africa in South Africa.

"I am pretty sure that they will come back stronger but if we stick to our game plans we will shut them out.”

https://www.timeslive.co.za/sport/cr...the-wanderers/

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hearing on social media that Shaheen is also injured .. God help Team Pakistan

Debut
    Nov 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cricinfo : Pitch and conditions
    The conditions at the Wanderers made headlines for all the wrong reasons during India's visit last year, and given the potential ramifications for another poor pitch rating, the curator may look to err on the side of caution. The tracks here during the Mzansi Super League were sometimes a little dry, and in the last first-class game played at the Wanderers, first-innings runs were important. At this time of year, afternoon thunderstorms are always a possibility.

Rain interruptions might be a factor here i guess . Are we in for 2-0 ?

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We want to win 3-0 – Elgar
    CSA Media Release
    Thursday, 10 January 2019

Dean Elgar intends to continue the Standard Bank Proteas’ winning form when he steps in as captain for the third Castle Lager Test match against Pakistan at Bidvest Wanderers Stadium on Friday. The Proteas hold a firm 2-0 series lead, and have their eyes set on claiming a 3-0 whitewash.

A win will take the Proteas to No.2 on the ICC Test rankings, and closer to their prized goal; the No.1 position currently occupied by India. Elgar, who addressed the media at the Wanderers on Thursday, has stressed the importance of guarding against complacency, and emphasised the determined desire to take a clean sweep.

"That is a big message I put out to the squad yesterday,” he said of complacency. “ Even though we have the series in the bag, we have been in that position before and we have let it slip. We let it slip here against India which actually hurt quite a lot. Hopefully that past experience is a learning experience for all of us. My message to the squad is quite straightforward; if there is any complacency in the squad we have to iron out that crease right now. We have a massive goal as a side, we want to win here 3-0.”

Elgar says he has learnt a lot since his maiden captaincy stint against England in 2017 – he stood in for Faf du Plessis who was away on paternity leave – and will lean on the experience of the senior players to make sure there is consistency with the leadership within the camp.

“The whole experience in England was a lot more chaotic,” he admitted. “It was the start of the series against England, who are a tough Test-playing nation, take nothing away from Pakistan. On that occasion it was hectic, I remember running around at Lord’s, doing media with a lot of reporters, that was quite intimidating.

“I am a lot older now,” he said. “I would like to think that I have learnt a lot more during my past experiences and dealing with the press in South Africa is a breeze,” he joked. “This time around we have the series in the bag but there is still a massive goal for us going into this Test match. We still want to drive home the final nail, which I feel we deserve because we have played great cricket throughout the series.”

Aiden Markram has recovered from a right thigh injury and has been passed fit for selection, this gives the selectors a fully fit squad of players to select from.
    Last edited by shaaik; 10th January 2019 at 21:28.

Debut
    Nov 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disturbing to note visitors wish to add to their batting by replacing Yasir with Shadab & hosts too looking for just 4 bowling options & might consider dropping the long nosed Enforcer for Maharaj

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    696 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Elgar - 'Stick to our game and we'll blow Pakistan out of the water' . Wow! Pakistan should be hurt by that. They don't think your team is any threat at all

'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Elgar - 'Stick to our game and we'll blow Pakistan out of the water' . Wow! Pakistan should be hurt by that. They don't think your team is any threat at all
    That's the harsh reality. We can not score more than 180 there on the first three days.

Hope Pakistani players take this as a challenge. But we supporters now how bad we are faring right now.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    696 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Pakistan View Post
    That's the harsh reality. We can not score more than 180 there on the first three days.

Hope Pakistani players take this as a challenge. But we supporters now how bad we are faring right now.
    Even so that's a very arrogant statement by their stand in skipper. SA captains don't usually make such statements. Becoming like Aussies.

'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even so that's a very arrogant statement by their stand in skipper. SA captains don't usually make such statements. Becoming like Aussies.
    He said "stick to our game and we'll blow Pakistan out of the water". I can see why some would find the bit about blowing them out of the water a bit unsportsmanship and disrespectful, but it's a non-issue really.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah... noone is hurt ... just another day at the office

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    What happened to Lungi Ngidi?

Dropped?

Have some Sehwag in your life.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    What happened to Lungi Ngidi?

Dropped?
    Knee injury.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Knee injury.
    Ah. Think he's a good prospect, but need to see him more, especially on pitches outside of South Africa to verify whether he's Steyn class.

Also since he's a black cricketer, the crowds there absolutely adore him like they do with Temba Bavuma (cue the "Temba! Temba!" chants).

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    743 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffet View Post
    Already very weak SA batting will be weaker in the last test. Good chance for Pakistan to win.
    Think you're underestimating the 'brilliance' of Pakistan's batting.

Politics trumps intelligence (pun intended).

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Ah. Think he's a good prospect, but need to see him more, especially on pitches outside of South Africa to verify whether he's Steyn class.

Also since he's a black cricketer, the crowds there absolutely adore him like they do with Temba Bavuma (cue the "Temba! Temba!" chants).
    He was superb against India in the test series last year

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    He was superb against India in the test series last year
    In South Africa, sure. Let's see if he is picked for the India tour later in the year and see if he's indeed good on pitches where he has to put in some effort, or go the Rabada way.

FWIW he has played IPL so India may not be too alien to him.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No replacement announced for Haris Sohail lmaoo

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Shafiq, Azhar, and Imam playing potentially their last test matches for a while

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Wow. Is he the captain with Faf out? That's extreme trash talk for a South African.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    U.K
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    Wow. Is he the captain with Faf out? That's extreme trash talk for a South African.
    Temporary captain chants anyone???

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I guess Faheem, Rizwan & possibly Shadab (if fit) will be selected...

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza619 View Post
    I guess Faheem, Rizwan & possibly Shadab (if fit) will be selected...
    With Shaheen out and Yasir dropped, they'll have to pick Shadab and Hasan Ali at the least.

Faheem will probably also make it.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Its about time PCB create separate pathways for players to play in separate formats. Our players are breaking down like house of cards because there is too much work load for the limited player pool.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    696 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    Yeah he is . Bit surprised really.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    943 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Elgar is a chooza, this is not his line of work. Leave the trash talk to the real bad boys, stick to your block block block brand of cricket.