Instagram


Pakistan World Cup 2019 Shirts

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 131
  1. #1
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    13,070
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    [VIDEO] Qatar defeat Japan to win the AFC Asian Cup 2019

    What a start for India , not just a win but trashed Thailand 4-1


    " you don't play for the crowd, you play for your country " - MSD

  2. #2
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    13,070
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVxWDr_Xktw

    Couple of very good goals ..a real chance of moving the KOs
    Last edited by jusarrived; 6th January 2019 at 20:13.


    " you don't play for the crowd, you play for your country " - MSD

  3. #3
    Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dr
    Runs
    14,949
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Sunil Chhetri leading from the front as usual.


    Tazimi Sirdar

  4. #4
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    13,070
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TM Riddle View Post
    Sunil Chhetri leading from the front as usual.
    Sunil was his usual , but I thot they played brilliantly as a team in the second half as good as I have seen our national team play . UAE and Bahrain would be tougher , but we wont be easy to beat .


    " you don't play for the crowd, you play for your country " - MSD

  5. #5
    Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dr
    Runs
    14,949
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jusarrived View Post
    Sunil was his usual , but I thot they played brilliantly as a team in the second half as good as I have seen our national team play . UAE and Bahrain would be tougher , but we wont be easy to beat .
    Yeah the overall coordination was quite good. Other than that I really liked the atmosphere as well. Wish we get to play a lot in such conditions.


    Tazimi Sirdar

  6. #6
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    104,141
    Mentioned
    1892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 601
Size:  48.0 KB


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  7. #7
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Montreal
    Runs
    1,631
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A day of upsets Jordan beating Australia was something special . Credit to Palestine who held off Syria too a scoreless draw despite being a man down as well

  8. #8
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    599
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats India. Saw the highlights, you played really well. Really a contender for 2026 World cup qualification

  9. #9
    Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    1,903
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which poverty tournament is this.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    599
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hafeezrocks View Post
    Which poverty tournament is this.
    Its second highest level international tournament. On par with Copa America, UEFA European Championship and african cup of nations. We dont know because we never qualify for it. Best in Asia compete here.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    US
    Runs
    8,360
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by B_Positive View Post
    Its second highest level international tournament. On par with Copa America, UEFA European Championship and african cup of nations. We dont know because we never qualify for it. Best in Asia compete here.
    Does Pakistan team has any matches scheduled in 2019? PFF is a mess!
    Last edited by iRfaN_LA; 7th January 2019 at 10:56.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    599
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iRfaN_LA View Post
    Does Pakistan team has any matches scheduled in 2019? PFF is a mess!
    Yes there should be a friendly with Singapore in JAN but its not official yet. I fear that PFF will get suspended again.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    104,141
    Mentioned
    1892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 516
Size:  49.3 KB


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  14. #14
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    599
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Philippines gave a tough fight man and Krygz almost grabbed points if not for their keeper. And Yemen well tough match it was against mighty Iran.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    13,070
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iraq vs Vietnam should be a cracker of a game . Two vastly improved teams .


    " you don't play for the crowd, you play for your country " - MSD

  16. #16
    Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    5,307
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Name:  AFC 8 Jan 2019'.jpg
Views: 463
Size:  20.7 KB

  17. #17
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    104,141
    Mentioned
    1892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 462
Size:  35.2 KB


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  18. #18
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    104,141
    Mentioned
    1892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    If you were asked to name the player sandwiched between Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi in the scoring chart for most international goals by active players then how quickly would you come up with India striker Sunil Chhetri?

    Chhetri scored twice against Thailand at the 2019 Asian Cup to reach 67 goals and overtake Argentina forward Messi's 65 to move second in the list.

    He is still a way off Ronaldo's 85 goals for Portugal but 34-year-old is also 20th on the all-time list - ahead of not only Messi but the likes of Ivory Coast striker Didier Drogba, Brazilians Ronaldo and Neymar, and Sweden's Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

    Chhetri's goals came in India's opening game of the Asian Cup, which is being held in the UAE, and gave his country their first win in the tournament in 55 years.

    But who is he?

    TOP ACTIVE INTERNATIONAL GOALSCORERS

    Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal) - 85 goals in 154 games

    Sunil Chhetri (India) - 67 in 105

    Lionel Messi (Argentina) - 65 in 128

    Neymar (Brazil) - 60 in 95

    India's Captain Fantastic
    Chhetri, who plays for Bengaluru Football Club, is nicknamed Captain Fantastic and has long been the standout star of what is generally a limited Indian national team.

    His first international goal in 2005 created history because it was the first to be scored in the first football match between India and Pakistan. The game eventually finished 1-1.

    He was also essential in securing India their highest achievement of recent times, winning the 2008 Asian Football Confederation Challenge Cup - a tournament in which he scored four goals.

    In all, he has played 105 games - giving him an average of 0.63 goals per game.

    Domestically, his average is slightly less, at a touch under one goal every two games.

    His attempts to break into more high-profile leagues has been less productive though. He has had brief periods outside of Indian football in Major League Soccer (making one substitute appearance for Kansas City Wizards) and with Sporting Lisbon's reserve side, but without success.

    Sunil Chhetri
    Chhetri signed a two-year contract with Sporting's B team but made only three appearances
    However, Chhetri has been one of the few bright spots in India's persistent underachievement on the international stage, considering the country's population.

    They qualified (by default) for the 1950 World Cup but withdrew after officials decided that the tournament was not important enough to bother with. A move that seems almost unfathomable now.

    But they have not come anywhere close to qualifying since and have been almost as bad in attempting to make the Asian Cup finals.

    This lack of prowess on the pitch has translated in recent times to dismal crowds for games.

    When India hosted the 2018 Intercontinental Cup, so few came to witness the team's opening 5-0 win against Chinese Taipei that Chhetri - who scored a hat-trick in the game - put a video on Twitter pleading for more fans to come.

    The video went viral in the country after being re-tweeted by top cricket stars Sachin Tendulkar and Virat Kohli, and saw India play to much bigger crowds for their final two games.

    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46785382


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  19. #19
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    599
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    If you were asked to name the player sandwiched between Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi in the scoring chart for most international goals by active players then how quickly would you come up with India striker Sunil Chhetri?

    Chhetri scored twice against Thailand at the 2019 Asian Cup to reach 67 goals and overtake Argentina forward Messi's 65 to move second in the list.

    He is still a way off Ronaldo's 85 goals for Portugal but 34-year-old is also 20th on the all-time list - ahead of not only Messi but the likes of Ivory Coast striker Didier Drogba, Brazilians Ronaldo and Neymar, and Sweden's Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

    Chhetri's goals came in India's opening game of the Asian Cup, which is being held in the UAE, and gave his country their first win in the tournament in 55 years.

    But who is he?

    TOP ACTIVE INTERNATIONAL GOALSCORERS

    Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal) - 85 goals in 154 games

    Sunil Chhetri (India) - 67 in 105

    Lionel Messi (Argentina) - 65 in 128

    Neymar (Brazil) - 60 in 95

    India's Captain Fantastic
    Chhetri, who plays for Bengaluru Football Club, is nicknamed Captain Fantastic and has long been the standout star of what is generally a limited Indian national team.

    His first international goal in 2005 created history because it was the first to be scored in the first football match between India and Pakistan. The game eventually finished 1-1.

    He was also essential in securing India their highest achievement of recent times, winning the 2008 Asian Football Confederation Challenge Cup - a tournament in which he scored four goals.

    In all, he has played 105 games - giving him an average of 0.63 goals per game.

    Domestically, his average is slightly less, at a touch under one goal every two games.

    His attempts to break into more high-profile leagues has been less productive though. He has had brief periods outside of Indian football in Major League Soccer (making one substitute appearance for Kansas City Wizards) and with Sporting Lisbon's reserve side, but without success.

    Sunil Chhetri
    Chhetri signed a two-year contract with Sporting's B team but made only three appearances
    However, Chhetri has been one of the few bright spots in India's persistent underachievement on the international stage, considering the country's population.

    They qualified (by default) for the 1950 World Cup but withdrew after officials decided that the tournament was not important enough to bother with. A move that seems almost unfathomable now.

    But they have not come anywhere close to qualifying since and have been almost as bad in attempting to make the Asian Cup finals.

    This lack of prowess on the pitch has translated in recent times to dismal crowds for games.

    When India hosted the 2018 Intercontinental Cup, so few came to witness the team's opening 5-0 win against Chinese Taipei that Chhetri - who scored a hat-trick in the game - put a video on Twitter pleading for more fans to come.

    The video went viral in the country after being re-tweeted by top cricket stars Sachin Tendulkar and Virat Kohli, and saw India play to much bigger crowds for their final two games.

    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46785382
    Great article. India will be for sure a contender for 2026 WC qualification. They are improving drastically. Both in rankings and performances on field. Chhetri though will not be there. And it will take someone to fill in his shoes but they surely are getting a lot of good players coming through the ranks. I hope the feud in PFF ends and we can also revive our football.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    13,070
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by B_Positive View Post
    Great article. India will be for sure a contender for 2026 WC qualification. They are improving drastically. Both in rankings and performances on field. Chhetri though will not be there. And it will take someone to fill in his shoes but they surely are getting a lot of good players coming through the ranks. I hope the feud in PFF ends and we can also revive our football.
    2026 is high hopes imo though I expect a far better team than we have currently , considering our age group teams look already more skillful and tactically superior than the national team . India needs a better coach than Constantine who cant even get the selections right and the tactics less said about it better .

    There are few things which has to go right for Indian football to keep growing and one major factor would be how rest of the teams in the region do in future. We need Pak , Bangla , SL etc also to improve and get to at least ~120 ranking levels .


    " you don't play for the crowd, you play for your country " - MSD

  21. #21
    Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    5,307
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Name:  AFC 9 Jan 2019.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  15.5 KB

  22. #22
    Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    1,640
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Asian Cups are always competitive, though for some bizarre reason both Korea and Iran have never won it in almost 40 years.

    And far eastern nations have had hard luck in West Asia, so my guess is Saudis and Iran have the best chances.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    1,640
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the note Qatar fans aren't allowed to enter UAE, and it was shameful to see the crowd booing Qatar every time they touched the ball against Lebanon.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    104,141
    Mentioned
    1892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Day in Review

    Japan come from behind to beat Turkmenistan
    Uzbekistan score late to grab all three points against Oman
    Qatar beat Lebanon in Group E

    Matchday five at the AFC Asian Cup UAE 2019 was another testament to the growing competitiveness of the Asian game as two stalwarts of the continent were victorious, but not after undergoing tricky tests. Qatar rounded out the day with a closely-fought 2-0 victory over Lebanon in Group E.


    Japan 3-2 Turkmenistan, Group F
    Al Nahyan Stadium, Abu Dhabi

    Four-time Asian Cup winners Japan got their campaign off to a winning start with a narrow victory over plucky Turkmenistan. Ranked 127th in the FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking, Turkmenistan went into the break with a one-goal lead thanks to Arslanmurat Amanov's long-range stunner.

    Samurai Blue hit back in the second half when talisman Yuya Osako netted a quickfire brace before attacking midfielder Ritsu Doan registered his side’s third. Ahmet Atayev reduced Japan’s lead from the penalty spot on 79 minutes but Hajime Moriyasu’s men held out for the win in Abu Dhabi.


    Uzbekistan 2-1 Oman, Group F
    Sharjah Stadium, Sharjah

    Just like Japan earlier in the day, Hector Cuper’s Uzbekistan were pushed to the limit in their opening Group F game against Pim Verbeek’s Oman. Uzbekistan captain Odil Ahmedov fired the White Wolves in front in the 34th minute with an unstoppable free-kick that curled around the wall and found the bottom corner.

    Verbeek’s side found a deserved equaliser thanks to substitute Muhsen Al Ghassani, who rounded highly-experienced goalkeeper Ignatiy Nesterov before firing into the net. However, their lead lasted just over ten minutes when another substitute made the difference, this time for the Uzbeks. Eldor Shomurodov ghosted past Mohammed Al-Musallami before scoring with his left-foot at Faiyz Al Rusheidi’s near post to seal the three crucial points for the Central Asians.

    Uzbekistan will face neighbours Turkmenistan next, while Oman will prepare for a tough test against Japan.



    Qatar 2-0 Lebanon, Group E
    Hazza Bin Zayed Stadium, Al Ain

    The day concluded with a closely-fought encounter between Qatar and Lebanon, the first between the sides in the competition’s history, to round out Group E. After the first half failed to see either team produce a goal, Qatar jumped in front in the 65th minute when Bassam Al Rawi scored with a free-kick at the edge of the penalty area, curling in a left-footed shot over the wall and into the top left corner.

    Almoez Ali ensured coach Felix Sanchez’s side all three points when he stabbed in a second-chance opportunity from close range in the 79th minute, following Abdelaziz Hatim’s initial shot.

    Qatar join Saudi Arabia at the top of the group (each with three points) with Lebanon and Korea DPR at the base of the table with zero points each.

    https://www.fifa.com/news/y=2019/m=1...80944034526275


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  25. #25
    Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    5,307
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Name:  AFC 10 Jan 2019.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  18.6 KB

  26. #26
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    104,141
    Mentioned
    1892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Big game for the tournament hosts



    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  27. #27
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    13,070
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India dominating UAE so far , but havent converted after creating opportunities

  28. #28
    Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dr
    Runs
    14,949
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Goalless so far but brilliant performance by Indians against the hosts.


    Tazimi Sirdar

  29. #29
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    13,070
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UAE score and we miss another one

  30. #30
    Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    1,763
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Missing too many chances but we are playing well, better than I expected.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    13,070
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol this is not our day
    We could have scored 4 by now

  32. #32
    Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    1,763
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Twice we hit the bar , just not our day.

    Nevertheless well played boys, now please beat Bahrain to qualify to KO stage.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    13,070
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    0-2

    And we hit the goal post again

    UAE had 3 scoring opportunities and they scored 2

    I will not be surprised if we make the semis here . After todays game fairly confident we can beat any team in Asia

  34. #34
    Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    1,763
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jusarrived View Post
    0-2

    And we hit the goal post again

    UAE had 3 scoring opportunities and they scored 2

    I will not be surprised if we make the semis here . After today’s game fairly confident we can beat any team in Asia
    Dude, there are at least 6 Asian sides better than UAE, some qualified for FIFA WC. Sure we have improved but let us not get ahead of ourselves. More than results, our process matters
    We must keep on improving and maybe after 8/12 years we can talk about beating the best of Asia, slow long grind awaits us. Hope we beat Bahrain to get the KO spot.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    104,141
    Mentioned
    1892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 362
Size:  48.6 KB


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  36. #36
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    1,475
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    UAE were always the stronger team on paper against India. A bit more luck and the game would have been closer though.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    5,307
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Name:  AFC 11 Jan 2019.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  19.0 KB

  38. #38
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    1,475
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Name:  4AAB25CC-75E4-4694-9EE6-030286D44FF5.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  18.6 KB

  39. #39
    Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    711
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know why the UAE team were struggling against an amateurish side like India, expected better from them as only luck saved them in the end . But Indian Football team has really improved the way they are beating middle league sides like Thailand and entering the Top10 in Asia.
    Last edited by gazza619; 12th January 2019 at 04:10.

  40. #40
    Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    5,307
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Name:  AFC 12 Jan 2019.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  17.2 KB


  41. #41
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    104,141
    Mentioned
    1892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 248
Size:  47.3 KB


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  42. #42
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    599
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    except for group A and B, all other groups have been non competitive.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    13,070
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckler View Post
    Dude, there are at least 6 Asian sides better than UAE, some qualified for FIFA WC. Sure we have improved but let us not get ahead of ourselves. More than results, our process matters
    We must keep on improving and maybe after 8/12 years we can talk about beating the best of Asia, slow long grind awaits us. Hope we beat Bahrain to get the KO spot.
    I understand UAE are not the strongest , infact we could easily lose to Bahrain who are pretty good and get knocked out ..but on the otherhand on a good day we can beat the likes of Uzbekistan , China , Iraq and Jordan and compete with likes of Japan , Korea and Iran . To reach semis we need just good results and so thats not impossible , not saying it will happen .


    " you don't play for the crowd, you play for your country " - MSD

  44. #44
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    13,070
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The refereeing in games involving UAE has been quite pathetic , where gifted penalty against Bahrain and India where robbed of few corners .


    " you don't play for the crowd, you play for your country " - MSD

  45. #45
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    3,863
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blue Tigers!

  46. #46
    Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    5,307
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Name:  AFC 14 Jan 2019.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  15.9 KB

  47. #47
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    3,863
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Match starting now.

    Hope India play out of their skin. If we qualify, this can be start of something great!

  48. #48
    Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dr
    Runs
    14,949
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    What an atmosphere in the stadium. One would think the match was happening in Kolkata!
    Chants of India!! India!! on.


    Tazimi Sirdar

  49. #49
    Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dr
    Runs
    14,949
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Brilliant defence from Jhingan.


    Tazimi Sirdar

  50. #50
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    33,065
    Mentioned
    630 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TM Riddle View Post
    What an atmosphere in the stadium. One would think the match was happening in Kolkata!
    Chants of India!! India!! on.
    India's biggest game ever?

    Im following the match but dont know much about India. Edathodika A has gone off, is he a big loss in defence?

    Good luck India btw


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  51. #51
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    33,065
    Mentioned
    630 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    0-0 Half Time

    From what I have seen in the last 10 min, Bahrain are the much better team. More composed, better passing and more organised. India will need a luck to even get a draw here but that may be enough.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  52. #52
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    3,863
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TM Riddle View Post
    Brilliant defence from Jhingan.
    He is superman.

  53. #53
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    13,070
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why are we playing for a draw ? This can backfire

  54. #54
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    3,863
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jusarrived View Post
    Why are we playing for a draw ? This can backfire
    This is how we have played all tournament.

  55. #55
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    13,070
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    0-0 Half Time

    From what I have seen in the last 10 min, Bahrain are the much better team. More composed, better passing and more organised. India will need a luck to even get a draw here but that may be enough.
    We are generally poor in first half , stupid strategy of playing safe first up . Bahrain have looked better , but if we come attacking in second half like last two games we can win this .

  56. #56
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    13,070
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JattMaula View Post
    This is how we have played all tournament.
    Not the game against UAE . Its only in the first half of Thai match we played like this . This is why most people want constantine sacked

  57. #57
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    3,863
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jusarrived View Post
    Not the game against UAE . Its only in the first half of Thai match we played like this . This is why most people want constantine sacked
    We should have scored against UAE.

  58. #58
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    33,065
    Mentioned
    630 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jusarrived View Post
    We are generally poor in first half , stupid strategy of playing safe first up . Bahrain have looked better , but if we come attacking in second half like last two games we can win this .
    I think the defender you lost is a blow. Bahrain look a counter attacking side, if India throw men forward they will score on the break. If I was India, I would keep it tight for now. The longer it's 0-0 the more chances Bahrain will take leaving India to counter. Let's see.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  59. #59
    Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dr
    Runs
    14,949
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    I think the defender you lost is a blow. Bahrain look a counter attacking side, if India throw men forward they will score on the break. If I was India, I would keep it tight for now. The longer it's 0-0 the more chances Bahrain will take leaving India with to counter. Let's see.
    Thankfully our defense is somewhat stronger even with the loss. If it's a draw we end up second in the group and qualify for the next round.


    Tazimi Sirdar

  60. #60
    Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dr
    Runs
    14,949
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JattMaula View Post
    We should have scored against UAE.
    Wasted plenty of chances. Need to convert those opportunities into goals if we want to be anywhere near to be able to win the tournament which wouldn't be easy btw considering the level of competition around.


    Tazimi Sirdar

  61. #61
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    33,065
    Mentioned
    630 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TM Riddle View Post
    Thankfully our defense is somewhat stronger even with the loss. If it's a draw we end up second in the group and qualify for the next round.
    Indian defenders put their bodies on the line and give it their all but in terms of organistion it's a weak defence. Will be surprising if Bahrain dont score here.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  62. #62
    Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dr
    Runs
    14,949
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Jhingan our savior lol


    Tazimi Sirdar

  63. #63
    Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dr
    Runs
    14,949
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Indian defenders put their bodies on the line and give it their all but in terms of organistion it's a weak defence. Will be surprising if Bahrain dont score here.
    Yeah we are still at the developing stage. But lots of promising youngsters in the squad and hopefully they will learn from their mistakes.


    Tazimi Sirdar

  64. #64
    Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dr
    Runs
    14,949
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Matter of time before we concede lol.


    Tazimi Sirdar

  65. #65
    Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dr
    Runs
    14,949
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Yellow card for Al Shahman!!


    Tazimi Sirdar

  66. #66
    Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dr
    Runs
    14,949
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Poor kick from Chhetri. And lol at commentator mentioning Virat Kohli


    Tazimi Sirdar

  67. #67
    Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dr
    Runs
    14,949
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    12 shots from Bahrain compared to 4 from India. Pathetic.


    Tazimi Sirdar

  68. #68
    Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    1,763
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too passive.

  69. #69
    Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    1,763
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Worst performance by us this tournament.

  70. #70
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    33,065
    Mentioned
    630 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TM Riddle View Post
    Yeah we are still at the developing stage. But lots of promising youngsters in the squad and hopefully they will learn from their mistakes.
    For sure, keeper looks very decent too.

    India are giving it their all but the defence is wide open. Bahrain need a little quality and compusure and they will score.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  71. #71
    Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dr
    Runs
    14,949
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Screw the referee . How was that given?


    Tazimi Sirdar

  72. #72
    Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dr
    Runs
    14,949
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    For sure, keeper looks very decent too.

    India are giving it their all but the defence is wide open. Bahrain need a little quality and compusure and they will score.
    Bahrain should have scored by now. Seem to be braindead like us.


    Tazimi Sirdar

  73. #73
    Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dr
    Runs
    14,949
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Gurpreet has been real busy tonight lol.


    Tazimi Sirdar

  74. #74
    Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dr
    Runs
    14,949
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Shots at goal so far
    India:4
    Bahrain:15
    The sooner this gets over the better.


    Tazimi Sirdar

  75. #75
    Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dr
    Runs
    14,949
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Might as well stall now since scoring toh honi na hai humse


    Tazimi Sirdar

  76. #76
    Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dr
    Runs
    14,949
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Gurpreet you beauty!
    That was an amazing save.


    Tazimi Sirdar

  77. #77
    Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dr
    Runs
    14,949
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Gurpreet Oh my God. Our Lord and savior


    Tazimi Sirdar

  78. #78
    Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dr
    Runs
    14,949
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    And we are doomed.
    Congrats Bahrain.


    Tazimi Sirdar

  79. #79
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    33,065
    Mentioned
    630 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shocking tackle in the box by the skipper, very poor indeed, something you see in the playground.

    Poor India, played really well.

    Bahrain 1-0


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  80. #80
    Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dr
    Runs
    14,949
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Goal in the 90th minute. Would you believe it? Can't say we didn't deserve it.
    Feel bad for Gurpreet though.Sensational saves tonight.


    Tazimi Sirdar


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •