Instagram


Pakistan World Cup 2019 Shirts

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 60 of 60
  1. #1
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    102,874
    Mentioned
    1852 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)

    Imran Khan congratulates Indian cricket team on winning Test series in Australia




    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  2. #2
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kashmiri Gate, Delhi
    Runs
    49,818
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post

    Immy Khan showing his class.

    Has Modi ever congratulated Pakistan on winning? That's the difference between the leadership in both nations currently.

    I hope he could devote more time to sort things out in Pakistan cricket.

  3. #3
    Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    1,598
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    Immy Khan showing his class.

    Has Modi ever congratulated Pakistan on winning? That's the difference between the leadership in both nations currently.

    I hope he could devote more time to sort things out in Pakistan cricket.
    Forget Modi, some high profile Indian cricketers like esteemed Bharat Ratna go missing when Pakistan win.

    You are right about political leadership in the 2 countries, sadly we are going in opposite directions of late. The hatred and extremist mentality in India will only get worse with time, we are doomed and also doing injustice to the next generation by nurturing a climate of hate and intolerance.

    Hats off to Imran Khan, true sportsman spirit on display. India won't get a better person as Pakistan PM to mend our bilateral ties, just saying.
    Last edited by Swashbuckler; 8th January 2019 at 12:27.

  4. #4
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    4,504
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    Immy Khan showing his class.

    Has Modi ever congratulated Pakistan on winning? That's the difference between the leadership in both nations currently.

    I hope he could devote more time to sort things out in Pakistan cricket.
    Is Modi a former cricketer?

    Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckler View Post
    Forget Modi, some high profile Indian cricketers like esteemed Bharat Ratna go missing when Pakistan win.

    You are right about political leadership in the 2 countries, sadly we are going in opposite directions of late. The hatred and extremist mentality in India will only get worse with time, we are doomed and also doing injustice to the next generation by nurturing a climate of hate and intolerance.

    Hats off to Imran Khan, true sportsman spirit on display. India won't get a better person as Pakistan PM to mend our bilateral ties, just saying.
    I don't want to get into politics here, but you are forgetting some of Imran's recent statements about India. Please read up on it first.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    1,805
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sachin136 View Post
    Is Modi a former cricketer?



    I don't want to get into politics here, but you are forgetting some of Imran's recent statements about India. Please read up on it first.
    They are so called liberals who live in their own world which is far from reality. Everything bad in this world is Modi according to them. Don't argue.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Queen of Arabian Sea
    Runs
    2,680
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    They are so called liberals who live in their own world which is far from reality. Everything bad in this world is Modi according to them. Don't argue.
    You guys are falling for the classic thread derailing by freelance guy.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kashmiri Gate, Delhi
    Runs
    49,818
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckler View Post
    Forget Modi, some high profile Indian cricketers like esteemed Bharat Ratna go missing when Pakistan win.

    You are right about political leadership in the 2 countries, sadly we are going in opposite directions of late. The hatred and extremist mentality in India will only get worse with time, we are doomed and also doing injustice to the next generation by nurturing a climate of hate and intolerance.

    Hats off to Imran Khan, true sportsman spirit on display. India won't get a better person as Pakistan PM to mend our bilateral ties, just saying.
    Very nicely put and it is always heartening to see honest confessions from Indian side. Without taking this discussion too much into the realm of politics/time pass section all i would say is while Immy Khan has to adjust his politics as per the situations in Pakistan which makes him seem a hardliner to Indians, Modi does the opposite and creates a mess where there is none. He has single handedly changed the narrative of India from a friendly secular growing economy to a hindu fascist nation focused on consolidating its hindu vote bank at the expense of communal harmony and economic development.

    Forget about congratulating Pakistan, i doubt Modi even pays much attention to muslim Indian achievers. All he cares for are his urban hindu troll ****** and guys like Arnab Gowswami, Anupam Kher and Vivek Oberoi helpign his hate propaganda with fake news and movies.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kashmiri Gate, Delhi
    Runs
    49,818
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    They are so called liberals who live in their own world which is far from reality. Everything bad in this world is Modi according to them. Don't argue.
    Ah the liberals. An internet hindus's biggest enemy and fascist India's greatest threat. Such a superpower!

  9. #9
    Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    139
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    Ah the liberals. An internet hindus's biggest enemy and fascist India's greatest threat. Such a superpower!
    Shut up. Why ur derailing topic to politics , first see the condition of ur country then say anything about India. We are miles better in everything that u can imagine. Cricket is not biggest game that PM has to come to congratulate . He is not useless person who has nothing to do except congratulate the team on Twitter . Please don't put politics, hindu Muslims things here. It shows how pathetic ur mindset and how ur mindset about other religion.
    Hope you will not say anything derogatory about any country or religion because it's cricket forum.
    Let's discuss something about cricket rather than religion debate.
    Last edited by Mr. Cricket; 8th January 2019 at 13:58.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    15,683
    Mentioned
    703 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Difference between Sachin Tendulkar and Imran Khan

    Sachin after Pakistan's victory in the Champions Trophy:



    Silence.

    Despite tweeting all day about cricket, and I think presence in the ground as well.

    Imran Khan after India's win against Australia in Australia:




    That's the difference.

    That's why he's the biggest cricketing star from Asia and also loved unanimously in England/Australia.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    139
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Sachin after Pakistan's victory in the Champions Trophy:



    Silence.

    Despite tweeting all day about cricket, and I think presence in the ground as well.

    Imran Khan after India's win against Australia in Australia:




    That's the difference.

    That's why he's the biggest cricketing star from Asia and also loved unanimously in England/Australia.
    Who says he is biggest cricket star from Asia. Give me some stats to prove.
    Before he is not PM , 90% of current generation in India don't know his name.
    I guess wasim Akram is more popular in India than Imran Khan.
    In short both are overrated in their respective country. But thanks for his kind gesture.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    2,976
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It was poor from Tendulkar that he congratulated India's hockey win over Pakistan but didn't have the stomach to do the same for the men in green after the CT win.

    If he remained silent on both occasions then fair enough at least he's consistent and we could excuse him for his lack of social media use but anyway it's his choice and it looks bad on him. Sour grapes from the midget.
    Last edited by topspin; 8th January 2019 at 14:13.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    2,976
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Sachin after Pakistan's victory in the Champions Trophy:



    Silence.

    Despite tweeting all day about cricket, and I think presence in the ground as well.

    Imran Khan after India's win against Australia in Australia:




    That's the difference.

    That's why he's the biggest cricketing star from Asia and also loved unanimously in England/Australia.
    Triggered neighbours inbound now lol

  14. #14
    Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    18,243
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Imran Khan is a politician trying to cosy up to india. Sachin has encouraged lots of Pak players like Afridi, etc which counts for more


    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain

  15. #15
    Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    4,427
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiafan View Post
    Imran Khan is a politician trying to cosy up to india. Sachin has encouraged lots of Pak players like Afridi, etc which counts for more
    I can bet a million dollars that Imran Khan would have tweeted the same message even if he was not in politics. The sub continent cricketers have or have had a form of unity and consensus on some feets and winning in Australia is one of them.
    Last edited by gazza619; 8th January 2019 at 14:45.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    11,641
    Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    Immy Khan showing his class.

    Has Modi ever congratulated Pakistan on winning? That's the difference between the leadership in both nations currently.

    I hope he could devote more time to sort things out in Pakistan cricket.
    When Imran Khan had won the world cup, he had said that it is a win for the entire subcontinent. So India has 3 WC.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    4,427
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    This signature is a result of a certain takneeki kharabi.

  18. #18
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    26,046
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Imran has always given credit to India's cricket structure, especially domestic which is on a different planet to Pakistan's. He wrote extensively about his experiences touring India so no surprise to see him take an interest in their achievement. Plus it is a backhanded slap to PCB for whom he has always been a vocal critic so he is killing two birds with one stone.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  19. #19
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kashmiri Gate, Delhi
    Runs
    49,818
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    Imran has always given credit to India's cricket structure, especially domestic which is on a different planet to Pakistan's. He wrote extensively about his experiences touring India so no surprise to see him take an interest in their achievement. Plus it is a backhanded slap to PCB for whom he has always been a vocal critic so he is killing two birds with one stone.
    Captain,

    Imran Khan was always respected and adored in India.

    He fell out of power with the sold out media after he became a front runner in PM's race and eventually became one and of course people of India will always hate whichever leader of Pakistan speaks about the rights of Kashmiri people.

  20. #20
    Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dŻr
    Runs
    14,948
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    Captain,

    Imran Khan was always respected and adored in India.

    He fell out of power with the sold out media after he became a front runner in PM's race and eventually became one and of course people of India will always hate whichever leader of Pakistan speaks about the rights of Kashmiri people.
    Bhaijaan are you trying to reach Samaypur Badli by periodically changing that venue status ?
    What next, Jahangirpuri? Lol


    Tazimi Sirdar

  21. #21
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kashmiri Gate, Delhi
    Runs
    49,818
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TM Riddle View Post
    Bhaijaan are you trying to reach Samaypur Badli by periodically changing that venue status ?
    What next, Jahangirpuri? Lol
    I hope i never have to shift to Samyapur Badli

    Missing Chandni Chowk already.

  22. #22
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    26,046
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    Captain,

    Imran Khan was always respected and adored in India.

    He fell out of power with the sold out media after he became a front runner in PM's race and eventually became one and of course people of India will always hate whichever leader of Pakistan speaks about the rights of Kashmiri people.
    If anyone has ever read an Imran Khan biography, his tour of India was a major feature, probably because the two countries had resumed bilateral cricket after a long absence because of the wars in the 60's and 70's. He was very moved by the welcome the Pakistan team received in India, although that sort of atmosphere seems a long way in the distant past today.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  23. #23
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    1,282
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shameful. Can't we get our cricket in order first? It looks like we're congratulating them forever now. You're in power, why can't you ring in changes to Pakistan cricket Imran eh?

  24. #24
    Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    1,598
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    It was poor from Tendulkar that he congratulated India's hockey win over Pakistan but didn't have the stomach to do the same for the men in green after the CT win.

    If he remained silent on both occasions then fair enough at least he's consistent and we could excuse him for his lack of social media use but anyway it's his choice and it looks bad on him. Sour grapes from the midget.
    I will give Tendy a pass. He is from Mumbai which is run by Shiv Sena extremists, other major party is BJP. Why risk danger to life and family? The Shiv Sainiks are worst goons in India, in 2009 (peak anti-Bihari sentiment in Mumbai) when he said that Mumbai belongs to all of India, that he is Indian first and a Mumbaikar later, he was fiercely criticized by Shiv Sena. And those radicalized outfits are capable of violence even against fellow Maharashtrians, it is very much on record. Now the political climate in terms of intolerance and hatred is at peak in many regions of the country.

  25. #25
    Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    1,598
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After 1983 WC Miandad was the first to congratulate India.

    After 1992 WC Gavaskar was the first to congratulate Pakistan, in fact he backed Pakistan all the way even when they were on the verge of being knocked out.

    Bedi and Mushtaq Mohammad are brothers, a couple of years ago the Pakistani legend spent a few days in Bedi's house who took him on sightseeing and culinary tours in Delhi.

    BCCI and PCB fought together during Imperial Cricket Council days, always having each other's back against the Anglocentric hierarchy.

    Chepauk 1999 standing ovation and 2004 Pakistan series will forever be etched in our minds.

    Even recently Amir and Kohli seem to have a close bond, guys like Azhar Ali and Ashwin frequently praise achievements of the other side. IPL 2008 had Indian fans cheering Pakistani players and it was a great sight.

    There is a wonderful relationship among most players (Gambhir, Basit Ali etc are exceptions). The fans want Indo-Pak cricket which they are being cruelly deprived by the Indian government, disgrace.
    Last edited by Swashbuckler; 8th January 2019 at 18:06.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    2,987
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bigger hearts

  27. #27
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    2,976
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckler View Post
    I will give Tendy a pass. He is from Mumbai which is run by Shiv Sena extremists, other major party is BJP. Why risk danger to life and family? The Shiv Sainiks are worst goons in India, in 2009 (peak anti-Bihari sentiment in Mumbai) when he said that Mumbai belongs to all of India, that he is Indian first and a Mumbaikar later, he was fiercely criticized by Shiv Sena. And those radicalized outfits are capable of violence even against fellow Maharashtrians, it is very much on record. Now the political climate in terms of intolerance and hatred is at peak in many regions of the country.
    Fair enough I'll give him the benefit of the doubt given his stature surely would have triggered Shiv Sena and BJP.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    11,641
    Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckler View Post
    After 1983 WC Miandad was the first to congratulate India.

    After 1992 WC Gavaskar was the first to congratulate Pakistan.
    Evidence please.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kashmiri Gate, Delhi
    Runs
    49,818
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    If anyone has ever read an Imran Khan biography, his tour of India was a major feature, probably because the two countries had resumed bilateral cricket after a long absence because of the wars in the 60's and 70's. He was very moved by the welcome the Pakistan team received in India, although that sort of atmosphere seems a long way in the distant past today.
    The internetís impact on the subcontinent has been mostly negative.

    It has allowed fringe elements to gather support through propaganda and unite into a majority group which promote hate crimes across the country.

    Not to mention severe addiction to adult content and flirting/precession of social media.

    You are correct. No Pakistan would get a standi ovation in modern India. Rather I would be seriously worried of their security here. Apart from Punjab which will always show bigger hearts most of India has no love or sympathy left for Pakistan and even the Muslims.

    Letís not forget Wasim Akram a legend of the game was attacked by Hindu extremists in Mumbai. Thank god he escaped any serious harm.

  30. #30
    Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dŻr
    Runs
    14,948
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    The internetís impact on the subcontinent has been mostly negative.

    It has allowed fringe elements to gather support through propaganda and unite into a majority group which promote hate crimes across the country.

    Not to mention severe addiction to adult content and flirting/precession of social media.

    You are correct. No Pakistan would get a standi ovation in modern India. Rather I would be seriously worried of their security here. Apart from Punjab which will always show bigger hearts most of India has no love or sympathy left for Pakistan and even the Muslims.

    Letís not forget Wasim Akram a legend of the game was attacked by Hindu extremists in Mumbai. Thank god he escaped any serious harm.
    Bhaijaan
    How many Muslims in East Punjab presently?


    Tazimi Sirdar

  31. #31
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kashmiri Gate, Delhi
    Runs
    49,818
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TM Riddle View Post
    Bhaijaan
    How many Muslims in East Punjab presently?
    @Tera Gawandi

    Please take over from here on my behalf.

    Khuda Kher.

    Bhaijaan/

  32. #32
    Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dŻr
    Runs
    14,948
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    @Tera Gawandi

    Please take over from here on my behalf.

    Khuda Kher.

    Bhaijaan/
    Bhaijaan

    Not fair.


    Tazimi Sirdar

  33. #33
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    3,232
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Lolz at people trying to read this as a political move.

    First of all, IK doesn't need India as a bogeyman/enemy to rule Pakistan. He genuinely wants to establish long-term relations with India. And it's not because of some hidden agenda or anything. It is for betterment of economy and peoples' lives. People from both sides.

    Do not mention IK and the filth politicians of India in the same sentence. Their minds can't be apart enough.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    1,898
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sachin136 View Post
    Is Modi a former cricketer?



    I don't want to get into politics here, but you are forgetting some of Imran's recent statements about India. Please read up on it first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    They are so called liberals who live in their own world which is far from reality. Everything bad in this world is Modi according to them. Don't argue.
    Why do conservative always sound bitter and divider?

  35. #35
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    7,769
    Mentioned
    323 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    A simple thread about the PM of Pakistan, who is also a former cricketer, congratulating the Indian team has turned to this.


    If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasnít arrived yet: Viv Richards

  36. #36
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    11,641
    Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    A simple thread about the PM of Pakistan, who is also a former cricketer, congratulating the Indian team has turned to this.
    because the very first reply was by bhaijaan, who turned the discussion to where he wanted.

  37. #37
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    1,116
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post

    Thank You

  38. #38
    Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    6,967
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This has more to do with Imran Khan being Ex Test Captain(not to mention one of the Greats of the game). Who understands the magnitude of this win. He himself wanted to beat ENG in ENG, IND in IND, WI in WI, AUS in AUS and knows what that means...

    But nevertheless good gesture by Captain Khan!!


    If you want to do things that are certain to succeed, you are doing very obvious thing - E Musk

  39. #39
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    12,705
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Waiting for any important Indian to acknowledge this.

  40. #40
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    2,927
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    C'mon guys, part of having a bigger heart is that you do good things without demanding favors in return. No need to taunt Indians. Let a good gesture be good by taunting the Indians it becomes rather a competition to one-up each other.


  41. #41
    Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    4,427
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Waiting for any important Indian to acknowledge this.
    Will be risky...

    Somebody who acknowledges this may be asked to move to Pakistan.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    32,680
    Mentioned
    622 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirris View Post
    C'mon guys, part of having a bigger heart is that you do good things without demanding favors in return. No need to taunt Indians. Let a good gesture be good by taunting the Indians it becomes rather a competition to one-up each other.
    Nothing wrong with pointing out which nation always shows a decent level of respect and sportsmanship.

    IK knows Modi and the BJP are extremists but this doesn't mean he hates India. He will congratulate them when they have achieved something historic, even though it was against a weak Aussie team. On the other hand Sachin didn't have the heart to do the same.

    I hope when Pak wins the World Cup, their PM will do the same


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  43. #43
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    8,222
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not saying this as a Pakistani, generally we are far more gracious people then Indians are.


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    78,822
    Mentioned
    5360 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Pakistan needs India, but India doesnít need Pakistan. Bitter truth.

  45. #45
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    23,206
    Mentioned
    1271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Lol at people thinking itís political.

    Australia was one of the final frontiers and even though it was not as strong an Aussie side as in the past it is still an achievement and he wants to recognise that

  46. #46
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    26,046
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Pakistan needs India, but India doesn’t need Pakistan. Bitter truth.
    Truth is just truth. Sweetness or bitterness is just the personal experience of the one who beholds it.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  47. #47
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    26,046
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Now that might not be POTW material but should probably be recorded somewhere for raising man's enlightenment.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  48. #48
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    78,822
    Mentioned
    5360 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    Truth is just truth. Sweetness or bitterness is just the personal experience of the one who beholds it.
    Oh that is very true, which is why this is a bitter truth from our perspective.

  49. #49
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    26,046
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Oh that is very true, which is why this is a bitter truth from our perspective.
    That might be your perspective, but not necessarily Imran Khan's.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  50. #50
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    78,822
    Mentioned
    5360 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    That might be your perspective, but not necessarily Imran Khan's.
    I was talking about the notion that Pakistani politicians tend to be more supportive of better relationship with India. There were a series of comments of how Pakistanis have bigger hearts etc., but it appears that the posts were deleted. We are not bigger hearted than Indians - we simply gain more form fruitful ties with India than vice versa.

    I am not interested in Imran's personal perspective, but I agree with the posters who argued that it has probably a lot to do with the fact that he is a former captain and appreciates what it means for a SC team to win in Australia.

  51. #51
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    1,805
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Pakistan needs India, but India doesnít need Pakistan. Bitter truth.
    Lol so true. India is the fastest developing nation along with Brazil and don't need Pakistan in any field. Even in sub continent, other nations like BD are growing faster than Pakistan. The fact that PCB is dependent on India series to earn big money and crying infront of BCCI for a series from last 5-6 years says how much Pak depends on India. Imran Khan understands it all and very well. This tweet and all is very good but unless he address the main issue (i.e terrorism) and hand over Mumbai murderers, the relation will never be normal. India has not and will not forget 2008.

  52. #52
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    26,046
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    Lol so true. India is the fastest developing nation along with Brazil and don't need Pakistan in any field. Even in sub continent, other nations like BD are growing faster than Pakistan. The fact that PCB is dependent on India series to earn big money and crying infront of BCCI for a series from last 5-6 years says how much Pak depends on India. Imran Khan understands it all and very well. This tweet and all is very good but unless he address the main issue (i.e terrorism) and hand over Mumbai murderers, the relation will never be normal. India has not and will not forget 2008.
    Thank you bro for showing Mamoon and the Pakistani members what a post free of bitterness looks like.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  53. #53
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    1,898
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    Lol so true. India is the fastest developing nation along with Brazil and don't need Pakistan in any field. Even in sub continent, other nations like BD are growing faster than Pakistan. The fact that PCB is dependent on India series to earn big money and crying infront of BCCI for a series from last 5-6 years says how much Pak depends on India. Imran Khan understands it all and very well. This tweet and all is very good but unless he address the main issue (i.e terrorism) and hand over Mumbai murderers, the relation will never be normal. India has not and will not forget 2008.
    Every cricketing nation needs India. That is the sad reality of cricket. It isn't sport anymore.

    Bigger heart mean that you would acknowledge whether you need them or not.

  54. #54
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    20,589
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Why will a great captain from Asia will recognize another Asian captain for the first victory in Aus soil?

    It has to be politics, right?


    "If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

  55. #55
    Debut
    Aug 2007
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    2,192
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is there a voice like somewhere on the internet which is similar to optimus prime saying autobots roll out!!

    one autobot is missing though CJ where are youuuuuuu?


    عبدي أنت تريد ، وأنا أريد ، ولا يكون إلا ما أريد ، فإن سلمت لي فيما تريد كفيتك ما تريد

  56. #56
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    7,920
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The older generation played the game in the right spirit and appreciated each other's efforts. I've seen Sunny priase Pakistan and even Bangladesh many times. He seems to have a soft corner for BD especially. Being an ex captain, Imran knows full well how great an achievement it is for a subcontinent team to win in AUS. Hence the congrats.

  57. #57
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    11,358
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sachin136 View Post
    Is Modi a former cricketer?



    I don't want to get into politics here, but you are forgetting some of Imran's recent statements about India. Please read up on it first.
    Well both Kapil Dev and Navjot Singh Sidhu were former cricketers. People criticised both of them for congratulating Imran Khan when he became the PM.


    Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru

  58. #58
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    11,358
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    The older generation played the game in the right spirit and appreciated each other's efforts. I've seen Sunny priase Pakistan and even Bangladesh many times. He seems to have a soft corner for BD especially. Being an ex captain, Imran knows full well how great an achievement it is for a subcontinent team to win in AUS. Hence the congrats.
    Older generations? Like bishan singh bedi?

  59. #59
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    11,580
    Mentioned
    945 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Cricket is in his blood, he's a cricketer first and politician second. You got to respect a sportsman's abilities regardless of race, creed or beliefs.

  60. #60
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    1,293
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Winning in Australia is as tough as it gets. There is a common bond between Asians which is shown by Khan's appreciation.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •