User Tag List

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1848 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)

"We felt that as he is a fast-bowler we need to give Junaid some time to recover": Inzamam-ul-Haq

Inzamam-ul-Haq in a video message:

“The selected team is a unanimous choice of the selection panel, including Pakistan captain Sarfaraz Ahmed and Pakistan coach Mickey Arthur. While selecting the squad, we have tried to maintain consistency, taking into consideration player performances in white-ball cricket as well as looking ahead to the upcoming ODI challenges, including the World Cup,” chairman of Pakistan’s cricket selectors Inzamam-ul-Haq said.

"Junaid Khan had some good performances in the Asia Cup but unfortunately during the series against New Zealand he got a very serious toe injury"

"Even the doctor's report indicated that his injury was serious"

"After that he worked on his fitness and also played in the National T20 Cup but we the selectors felt that as he is a fast-bowler we need to give him some time to recover"

"So Junaid Khan will get time now [to recover]"

"He is a good bowler and is part of the pool of our bowlers that we have, and we will consider him when he is fit"

"Mohammad Amir put in some excellent performances [in the 2 Tests]"

"We had rested Mohammad Amir, or however you want to put it, but the fact is that he hasnt had time to rest or make himself fit but he got that time and then against South Africa he performed well so on that basis we have included him in the ODI squad"

"About Hussain Talat, it is the opinion of the Captain and Coach that he is a very talented player and his attitude to the game is also very good"

"His performance in T20 is also good and as we have seen that we need a person at the 5-6 batting position who is a good batsman and he can also give us an edge in fast-bowling"

"We are also looking at Faheem Ashraf as a bowling all-rounder but Hussain Talat's quality is that he is a batting all-rounder"

"Hopefully Hussain Talat will debut in ODIs and we have high hopes that he will perform well"

"Mohammad Abbas, as we all know, is an excellent bowler"

"It is the wish of the selection committee that Mohammad Abbas be part of the ODI team"

"Especially with our target as the 2019 World Cup (in England) where the ball swings a lot, to have a bowler like Abbas will give us an advantage with the new ball"

"But Mohammad Abbas had a shoulder injury during the NZ series so we don't want too much pressure on him as he has didnt play the 1st Test but played 2nd Test and will God Willing play the 3rd Test also"

"So we don't want to put pressure of ODIs and Tests on him and after this tour we have quite a few matches before the World Cup so 5 against Australia and 5 against England, so we will definitely try him out"

"When you have a bowler of this type in the ODI squad, it increases the strength of the side"

"We have taken a report from doctors in South Africa to know that the team is fit; Same way, in the academy we get the full report from the doctors about the players fitness and any injuries as well"

"There is no doubt that this was a tough tour and everyone knows that South Africa is always a difficult place to tour as wickets are totally different"

"Whilst our team did not perform that well, I have a belief that this team can give a much better performance and God Willing they will do it"

"The South Africans utilized the conditions really well but our captain and coach have a belief that they will change things for the better and you will see that in the upcoming Test and ODIs are performances will be better"

"Look, I have been part of an international side like this one and such times do come where the team faces difficulties in a 4-6 month period"

"Things start to go against our team but I would like to say is that we should support our team"

"We should back our players because the same team will change things like the teams of the past where we have made comebacks from tough times, so even this team will do that"

"All those who are criticising [this team], and I am not saying they are doing something wrong as a lot of what they say is correct and we are working on those issues"
    Last edited by MenInG; 9th January 2019 at 20:20.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    703 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Good.

Easily one of our more mediocre bowlers.

A poor man's Umar Gul, hopping and trundling at 120-130kph with absolutely no movement of the ball at all.

Was decent at reverse swinging the old ball in 2012-13. No skills after that .

Keep him out.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Junaid is the batting version of Haris - three games away from an inury

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    703 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    Junaid is the batting version of Haris - three games away from an inury
    Harris at least have good skills and very talented.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Harris at least have good skills and very talented.
    Talent which doesn't turn up on the field is useless.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Probably wouldn't have even won if Junaid didn't play his part in the 2017 CT.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Good.

Easily one of our more mediocre bowlers.

A poor man's Umar Gul, hopping and trundling at 120-130kph with absolutely no movement of the ball at all.

Was decent at reverse swinging the old ball in 2012-13. No skills after that .

Keep him out.
    While I agree he's mediocre. Isn't the minnow basher Shinwari (who's been selected) even worse?

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Junaid may have fitness issues but should Shinwari really be the the back up bowler to the pace trio (Amir, Shaheen and Hasan Ali)? I don't think so.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally we got rid of the hack aka Asif Ali. Hussain now needs to grab this opportunity and prove himself.

I still feel Junaid Khan can offer something in SA conditions.. but lets see if we bring him on board mid series lol we always do don't we?

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Junaid Is a decent bowler but Usman is 10 times the bowlers Junaid is.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    703 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    While I agree he's mediocre. Isn't the minnow basher Shinwari (who's been selected) even worse?
    Saw some improvement in the BBL.

Will have more pace than Junaid at least. But yes once his radar starts malfunctioning will become a huge liability, spray gun will start leaking runs.

Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    New quotes added.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I would rather see Talat play than Hafeez. Hope Mickey and Sarfraz make the right call.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1571 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Junaid is fully fit.

He's had offers from 2 BPL teams today after they found out he was not picked for the ODI series in South Africa and is awaiting his NOC from the PCB.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hahahah this excuse of fitness after picking unfit Shadab, Fakhar and carrying injured Haris Sohail for 3 weeks does'nt help.

Junaid is fit and played in the T20 cup last month.

Sad reflection on PCB.
    The chief selector openly lies and deceives without any reaction from the higher-ups. By supporting this biased selector [who has not chosen a good domestic batsman in last 2 years] they are killing confidence of their own players.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1848 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Junaid is fully fit.

He's had offers from 2 BPL teams today after they found out he was not picked for the ODI series in South Africa and is awaiting his NOC from the PCB.
    Was strange that Inzi talked about this topic of keeping an eye on player's fitness etc in so much detail - obviously feeling the heat.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Only Pakistan can do this to a guy who a few ODI's picked up 4 wickets and has better stats in ODI's ahead of the over rated Amir.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since 2017 Junaid Khan has performed in every ODI game yet gets ignored by either selector or the coach/captain - remember Asia cup?

I just do not get it. What's wrong?

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Weird that Junaid has been dropped. Pretty sure that Inzi pushed for his selection vs Bangladesh in Asia cup. So its is kind of bizarre that he is dropped since he is fit.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Pakistan View Post
    Since 2017 Junaid Khan has performed in every ODI game yet gets ignored by either selector or the coach/captain - remember Asia cup?

I just do not get it. What's wrong?
    The rigid set mindset of Mickey Arthur

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5358 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    At this point, Mickey and Inzamam need the smallest excuse to boot him out.

I do not rate him, but I think this treatment is not doing anyone any good. They should be honest with him and explain to him that as long as they are in charge, he will not get picked for Pakistan.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think this has something to do with Sarfraz's frustrations with lack of pace from his bowlers. Junaid is definitely the slowest of the pace options available at the moment.

Beats me how Shenwari gets picked over him though. Junaid has been solid whenever given a chance.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Viper View Post
    Weird that Junaid has been dropped. Pretty sure that Inzi pushed for his selection vs Bangladesh in Asia cup. So its is kind of bizarre that he is dropped since he is fit.
    An attack of:

M Abbas
    Junaid Khan
    Hasan Ali

With Shaheen as the surprise package this attack could be deadly in the UK. But I guess we will never see it the way they treat some bowlers.

Amir and Shinwari are good support bowlers but do not have that impact on a game.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very disappointed he has been dropped, he was superb in that game against Bangladesh. And to think Mohammad Amir is picked over him despite how pathetic he has been in ODI's recently. Really bad move by Inzamam, I get a bit of a shady feeling regarding this, he must be fully fit as he has played since that toe injury in the Nat T20 Cup

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rather have junaid than Abbas..junaid has bowled as well or bad as Amir recently. They’re both the same..left arm medium pacers.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOlz Inzi was explaining selection on camera in stadium with no body around, lolz guy can’t face media @MMHS.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    At this point, Mickey and Inzamam need the smallest excuse to boot him out.

I do not rate him, but I think this treatment is not doing anyone any good. They should be honest with him and explain to him that as long as they are in charge, he will not get picked for Pakistan.
    Yes his pace was down, no seam movement or swing, no batting and not a good fielder. Adds nothing speacial.Only rare good decision by Inzi

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bowling Stats in 2018{ODIs}

Mohammad Amir
    Matches :- 10
    Wickets :- 3
    Average :- 100.67
    Strike Rate :- 140
    Economy Rate :- 4.31

Junaid Khan
    Matches :- 4
    Wickets :- 7
    Average :- 21.29
    Strike Rate :- 30.86
    Economy Rate :- 4.14

Meri Barbaadiyan Durust Magar...
    Too Bata Kya Tujhe Sawaab Mila...

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Should have been in the squad but I hope he does well in the BPL. Would have liked to see Usman Shinwari continue in the BBL.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UN talkz View Post
    Bowling Stats in 2018{ODIs}

Mohammad Amir
    Matches :- 10
    Wickets :- 3
    Average :- 100.67
    Strike Rate :- 140
    Economy Rate :- 4.31

Junaid Khan
    Matches :- 4
    Wickets :- 7
    Average :- 21.29
    Strike Rate :- 30.86
    Economy Rate :- 4.14
    Although it can be said that Junaid did bowl better than Amir against Zimbabwe, but that was for when he played without him, even in the match they played together Junaid was pretty expensive and went wicketless.

Junaid hasn't performed or shall I say played against any Top Team except for New Zealand where he averaged infinity with run rate over 6. Amir has played most of these matches against New Zealand and India where he still managed best economy rates barring one or two match but was not able to take wickets continuously.

Junaid surely deserved a chance based on his good performances let it be any team, but the way he bowled against New Zealand wasn't inspiring at all and I hope both Amir and Junaid work on their ODI skills before WC as they are crucial to our success.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1848 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I don't rate him...but he is being treated unfairly. Selector and Captain both are showing favoritism to certain players.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post

So he is fit enough to play 20 overs game.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    SW Uk
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will it be gods will, or will it not be gods will, is the real question

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does no one seem to remember the previous limited overs tour in SA 2013-14, when it was our first time we beat them in an odi series in SA. And who was the best pace bowler... Junaid Khan. He was bowling vicious reverse swinging deliveries and was bowling yorkers at will. He also defended the last over in Port Elizabeth with SA needing only 9 to win.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    Aussieland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    Very disappointed he has been dropped, he was superb in that game against Bangladesh. And to think Mohammad Amir is picked over him despite how pathetic he has been in ODI's recently. Really bad move by Inzamam, I get a bit of a shady feeling regarding this, he must be fully fit as he has played since that toe injury in the Nat T20 Cup
    Mohd Amir is the most overrated bowler in Pakistan history

Yesterday is the past.Tomorrow is the future.Today is a gift.That's why it's called the "present"

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Melbourne Renegades should try and sign him as a replacement for UKS in the BBL. JK will definitely benefit more in the long term from playing BBL compared to rubbish BPL

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1921 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    LOlz Inzi was explaining selection on camera in stadium with no body around, lolz guy can’t face media @MMHS.
    I felt he was trying to satisfy fans in Social media (PP one of them). Must have been uncomfortable with the fitness situation of PAK team in SAF and for Imam. Also, such one sided communication is helpful for him, as there is no counter questions.

But, as usual he & PCB has goofed-up - if JK had been dropped for fitness issues (more - to allow him time to rehabilitate), then PCB shouldn't have given NOC to him. It can't be mutually inclusive - JK is dropped/allowed time for fitness by CS; JK is allowed NOC to play in a T20 league by CS's employer - PCB!!!!!!!

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1848 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    I felt he was trying to satisfy fans in Social media (PP one of them). Must have been uncomfortable with the fitness situation of PAK team in SAF and for Imam. Also, such one sided communication is helpful for him, as there is no counter questions.

But, as usual he & PCB has goofed-up - if JK had been dropped for fitness issues (more - to allow him time to rehabilitate), then PCB shouldn't have given NOC to him. It can't be mutually inclusive - JK is dropped/allowed time for fitness by CS; JK is allowed NOC to play in a T20 league by CS's employer - PCB!!!!!!!
    Well he should have also addressed the criticism around Imam-ul-Haq

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1921 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Well he should have also addressed the criticism around Imam-ul-Haq
    That's a bit touchy & uncomfortable topic to address. Also, I think he has given clarification for this one - if Imam fails in SAF, he might be dropped in future.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfit Junaid Khan in BPL

figures from 2 matches he played:

1st match: 4-0-24-1
    2nd match: 3.5-0-26-3

So according to chief selector, this guy has no fitness to play in a team where an injured player was carried almost for half of the series, all batsman are averaging in 20s and bowlers failing to swing in with new bowl on bowling friendly pitch.

Now that the selector is openly deceiving and lying will there be a notice by someone in PCB or Ehsan Mani?
    Atleast asking the chief selector to give a common sense excuse for not selecting someone.

Inzamam's stint as chief selector is going to be death of our domestic cricket. Cricket would fare worse than hockey given Inzamam stays on. PCB should fecilitate departmental teams or else there is no stake for a first class player to perform and think to play for Pakistan. No new batsman has been picked that has played in national XI for last 2 years and players need to earn well to play cricket as career.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I say give the selection matters to somebody more active like Muhammad Wasim. He might pick the right players and may not be as stubborn.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khwaja78 View Post
    Unfit Junaid Khan in BPL

figures from 2 matches he played:

1st match: 4-0-24-1
    2nd match: 3.5-0-26-3

So according to chief selector, this guy has no fitness to play in a team where an injured player was carried almost for half of the series, all batsman are averaging in 20s and bowlers failing to swing in with new bowl on bowling friendly pitch.

Now that the selector is openly deceiving and lying will there be a notice by someone in PCB or Ehsan Mani?
    Atleast asking the chief selector to give a common sense excuse for not selecting someone.

Inzamam's stint as chief selector is going to be death of our domestic cricket. Cricket would fare worse than hockey given Inzamam stays on. PCB should fecilitate departmental teams or else there is no stake for a first class player to perform and think to play for Pakistan. No new batsman has been picked that has played in national XI for last 2 years and players need to earn well to play cricket as career.
    You can't pick all bowlers in 16 man sequad.
    The current bowlers who are selected are better than junaid.
    Junaid fittness is questionable.
    He got unfit in NZ series too.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This whole Junaid saga fell flat on Inzi's and Mickey's face. Its a damn shame how a quality bowler keeps on getting dropped without any reason. Horrible treatment.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    This whole Junaid saga fell flat on Inzi's and Mickey's face. Its a damn shame how a quality bowler keeps on getting dropped without any reason. Horrible treatment.
    Junaid Khan is one of the rare Pakistani pacers these days who reminds you of the old attacking style of Pakistani fast bowling, a shame he does not get to play much rest cricket as he at least can play the role of strike bowler.

"Lack of Form is Temporary, Lack of Class is Permanent" -- dedicated to The Honorable Professor.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Majid Khan View Post
    Junaid Khan is one of the rare Pakistani pacers these days who reminds you of the old attacking style of Pakistani fast bowling, a shame he does not get to play much rest cricket as he at least can play the role of strike bowler.
    This. He may not have the skills and pace but his mindset is similar to our great bowlers of olden days.
    Should have been selected for SA. He has won us a series there.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1848 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)

Seems Junaid Khan still recovering as not selected for T20Is vs SA.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems Junaid Khan still recovering as not selected for T20Is vs SA.
    Well you can't really conclude too much on that as he hasn't been part of our T20I plans for a very long time.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Need to get him in the side. He's very good at providing a breakthrough with the new ball, and he is also a very good death bowler. When he gets the ball reversing he bowls really well.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    Need to get him in the side. He's very good at providing a breakthrough with the new ball, and he is also a very good death bowler. When he gets the ball reversing he bowls really well.
    He should at least be in the squad. Amir doesn’t pick up much wickets and when Shaheen does not take wickets, the team will struggle.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    No one is denying what he can offer, but he should get enough overs under his belt befor getting selected