Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1442 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Junaid Khan to play in BPL 2019 after being left out of ODI team for SA tour due to 'fitness'

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Makes sense for him to play BPL. If he performs admirably then another blemish on Inzi's selector tenure.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1442 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    "Junaid Khan had some good performances in the Asia Cup but unfortunately during the series against New Zealand he got a very serious toe injury"

"Even the doctor's report indicated that his injury was serious"

"After that he worked on his fitness and also played in the National T20 Cup but we the selectors felt that as he is a fast-bowler we need to give him some time to recover"

"So Junaid Khan will get time now [to recover]"
    ^^^ This is what Inzi said. They want to give him 'time to recover'.

Now, PCB have given him a NOC to take part in BPL.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Junaid Khan will be warming the bench his team struggling with batting big time

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why he is allowed to play if he is not fit.
    Last time he played in bpl he got injured

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    342 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Story of his treatment by the team management and PCB selectors. Gets limited chances, does well in most of them, one bad game and gets chopped while the over rated Amir gets a free pass with nothing to show for it.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tbf he was never that good in T20's anyway so I'm not expecting him to set the BPL on fire but I hope he does good as that will show Inzi what a stupid decision he made. Like I said on another thread, I think Junaid Khan would have been a good replacement for UKS for Melbourne Renegades in the BBL, and I'm sure playing in Australia would benefit him more than BPL, but good luck to him. Anyway, not up to him if he wanted to play for Renegades as it's up to the Franchise + his agent, I think they might have a replacement sorted anyway.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No surprises. Happened few times before with different players

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    Check his bpl record than bench him if it is not enough than watch asia cup bowling against bd

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    Tbf he was never that good in T20's anyway so I'm not expecting him to set the BPL on fire but I hope he does good as that will show Inzi what a stupid decision he made. Like I said on another thread, I think Junaid Khan would have been a good replacement for UKS for Melbourne Renegades in the BBL, and I'm sure playing in Australia would benefit him more than BPL, but good luck to him. Anyway, not up to him if he wanted to play for Renegades as it's up to the Franchise + his agent, I think they might have a replacement sorted anyway.
    Renegades had already announced Harry Gurney as replacement for Usman, even before BBL had started, so Junaid had no chance to play for renegades

Meri Barbaadiyan Durust Magar...
    Too Bata Kya Tujhe Sawaab Mila...

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    You have to wonder whether players take it easy in T20 leagues and don't give it their all there, either because they are injured, or because they want to prevent an injury.

Have some Sehwag in your life.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    With Junaid (and maybe eve Haris) none of this really reflects poorly on the selectors. I feel he has a tendency to hide his fitness issues. We'll see how many games he plays in the BPL

Debut
    May 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It amazing how disfunctional this organisation is.

On one hand you have the chief selector saying that he’s not fit and he needs time to recover and on the other hand you have the PCB giving him permission to play cricket else where as if he is fit to play.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Junaid would have done really well in test series had he beem selected.. never thought that he wouldn't be even considered for a limited overs squad..

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a joke

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post

why PCB gives him NOC if he is injured?

or else he is not injured and Inzimam just used injury as an excuse to drop him

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UN talkz View Post
    Renegades had already announced Harry Gurney as replacement for Usman, even before BBL had started, so Junaid had no chance to play for renegades
    Yep, had realized that

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    Check his bpl record than bench him if it is not enough than watch asia cup bowling against bd
    They'll play Yasir ahead of JK as a bowler and 3 foreigners for the top 7

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    To be fair, inzi didnít say he was injured. He said he needed time to find his rhythm back. BPL will be good for Junaid. Although, I agree he should have definitely been in our odi squad,

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is not the first time Junaid was sidelined, he was cut out from the team between 2015 and 2016 since the 'chosen one' came back but he managed to be the top wicket taker in the 2016 BPL if I'm not mistaken.

Finally made a comeback against Australia in 2017 in place Wahab Riaz and some of the other trundlers and has bowled exceptionally since then.

Not to forget Mickey and Sarf didn't even think he was CT material to be included in the first game against India...

To which he answered them by performing against all the big guns, South Africa, Srilanka and England in subsequent games.

Again after being left out in the Asia Cup 2018 he came back with 4 wickets against Bangladesh in the semis to virtually set up a very chaseable 240 which our team couldn't.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    so amir takes 3 wickets @ 100 per wicket in the last year in 10 odis and finds his place.

Junaid bowled well in asia cup , should have been selected.

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1442 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    He is playing today.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Story of his treatment by the team management and PCB selectors. Gets limited chances, does well in most of them, one bad game and gets chopped while the over rated Amir gets a free pass with nothing to show for it.
    Exactly. Junaid has been hard done by the PCB for some reason. He is better than all bowlers we have bar Shaheen. Its very unfortunate.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They'll play Yasir ahead of JK as a bowler and 3 foreigners for the top 7
    Looks like Junaid is too big for BPL to ignore

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Looks like Junaid is too big for BPL to ignore
    Junaid is playing for the weakest BPL team on paper so he will get into the first XI more often than not

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always balls well but is so often in and out of the side. I understand if it is an injury this time round but Inzys comments are ambiguous. The way I read them, he has recovered from the injury but is not ft enough to make the squad, which begs the questions, what exactly are these new fitness tests being introduced???

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barah_admi View Post
    Always balls well but is so often in and out of the side. I understand if it is an injury this time round but Inzys comments are ambiguous. The way I read them, he has recovered from the injury but is not ft enough to make the squad, which begs the questions, what exactly are these new fitness tests being introduced???
    The onus is on Mickey as well. Hes also not really pushing for JK who is being unfairly kept out of the team.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    393 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangladesh_Fan View Post
    Junaid is playing for the weakest BPL team on paper so he will get into the first XI more often than not

Bowled quite well today I thought. 4 overs for 24 runs and 1 wicket, including the 19th over in which he conceded only 4 runs, while the other bowlers conceded 9 and 18 runs in the 18th and 20th overs.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The onus is on Mickey as well. Hes also not really pushing for JK who is being unfairly kept out of the team.
    Yes of course, the coach must have a part to play, which is is sad because someone in his position must always be impartial.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No back up for Shaheen Shah? They really must dislike JK.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Story for Junaid got kicked out of test team too soon. Our 2nd best bowler who bowls with his heart. He may not be express and has his limitations but bends his back n puts efforts..

Management is not being fair. Inzi is getting worse series after series I thought his appointment ll bring good changes but no thatís not the case

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plumb View Post
    Story for Junaid got kicked out of test team too soon. Our 2nd best bowler who bowls with his heart. He may not be express and has his limitations but bends his back n puts efforts..

Management is not being fair. Inzi is getting worse series after series I thought his appointment ll bring good changes but no that’s not the case
    Why did you think that?

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Pakistan View Post
    No back up for Shaheen Shah? They really must dislike JK.
    They really do apparently. He keeps on performing yet keeps on getting dropped. This is so rubbish and unfair.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    342 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems for Junaid Khan apparently started under Waqar in 2014 and apparently Waqar and Moin recommended to the pcb to drop him as he was insubordinate, badtameez to seniors.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waleed88 View Post
    This is not the first time Junaid was sidelined, he was cut out from the team between 2015 and 2016 since the 'chosen one' came back but he managed to be the top wicket taker in the 2016 BPL if I'm not mistaken.

Finally made a comeback against Australia in 2017 in place Wahab Riaz and some of the other trundlers and has bowled exceptionally since then.

Not to forget Mickey and Sarf didn't even think he was CT material to be included in the first game against India...

To which he answered them by performing against all the big guns, South Africa, Srilanka and England in subsequent games.

Again after being left out in the Asia Cup 2018 he came back with 4 wickets against Bangladesh in the semis to virtually set up a very chaseable 240 which our team couldn't.
    Very accurate and good summary this. He's always been hard done by the selectors and team management. I still remember how in the 2013 CT Misbah played Asad Ali over him and when Junaid returned in the series against West Indies after the tournament he bowled exceptionally well.

He's a better bowler than they think and doesn't have an ego unlike a lot of other players.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Why did you think that?
    Inzi being a cricketer himself and should known who fits best in the squad.

When Inzi retired just like other ex cricketers would talk about domestic, pitches, picking the right player blah blah blah but now he has the authority and we donít see the best domestic players being picked.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4599 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Is he someone hard to get along with or caused some issues among team mates or coaching staff ? Otherwise not sure why he is not picked

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This indicates he may not get selected in world cup squad. Feel for him,such a passionate bowler.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny_majoka View Post
    Why he is allowed to play if he is not fit.
    Last time he played in bpl he got injured
    you want to take the guy's right to earn some mulla? I don't understand the logic behind this.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He might be fit enough to play T20s' but not ODIs'

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1883 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    3 wickets for 26 in 3.5 overs today vs Rajshahi! Well done to him.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangladesh_Fan View Post
    3 wickets today. Junaid will walk into any BPL team. You just don't want to admit it. Most Pakistani players boss BPL. And the crowds also love the Pakistani players
    Last edited by MenInG; 15th January 2019 at 18:28.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1883 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1813 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    But but but he is injured and needs more time to recover -

did Imam take up fast bowling? Maybe that is why Inzi didn't want to include another pacer to challenge Imam's spot in the side.

On side note, that kit from BPL is straight fire. I do not watch the tourney because I feel it is very low quality but I've seen they don't do a bad job with the kits.

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Bury
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waleed88 View Post

This is a misleading post. You should do some research before posting. Yes he played in Australia but then was injured for the following tour to New Zealand. I think he got injured in UAE later also. In fact I think junaid is almost perennially injured or making comebacks or is not quite match fit. In fact whilst I think the selectors seem to make some very arbitrary selections in this particular instance it’s right that junaid plays some t20 leagues, earns money and gets match fit. He might yet make the t20 squad. And maybe he will be there for World Cup fit and raring to go. He knows England well having played for Lancashire in the past. It’s absolutely right that we have a squad of about 6 match ready seamers of which he will be one.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After Junaids performance someone needs to answer this.... and someone should take the walk of Shame

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I have zero reason to feel Junaid was unfairly excluded from the squad. Folks falling over themselves hooting and hollering that his 4 overs in a domestic league proves he is ready to last out a 5 match odi series.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    I have zero reason to feel Junaid was unfairly excluded from the squad. Folks falling over themselves hooting and hollering that his 4 overs in a domestic league proves he is ready to last out a 5 match odi series.
    There is ample evidence that the selection is full of nepotism. Taking 5 injured players to the tour of SA is an evidence.. Mickey takes in his circle who he loves doesn't matter they able to serve or come back middle of the tour... Harris, Shadab, Fakhar, yasir, faheen are the examples.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    There is ample evidence that the selection is full of nepotism. Taking 5 injured players to the tour of SA is an evidence.. Mickey takes in his circle who he loves doesn't matter they able to serve or come back middle of the tour... Harris, Shadab, Fakhar, yasir, faheen are the examples.
    What does that have to do specifically with my opinion about Junaid never beiong fit enough to complete a series.

This thread implies that junaid being enough to play BPL should mean he is fit enough for international cricket. And I see no definitive proof of that since he has just played one game and that 4 overs in a domestic league are not the same as 5 match series against south africa in south africa.

I couldn't care less about the coach's favorites imagined or otherwise.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Newark
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If there indeed was any disciplinary issue, the board should come out and say it as it is.
    This reeks of ulterior motives.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1813 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What does that have to do specifically with my opinion about Junaid never beiong fit enough to complete a series.

This thread implies that junaid being enough to play BPL should mean he is fit enough for international cricket. And I see no definitive proof of that since he has just played one game and that 4 overs in a domestic league are not the same as 5 match series against south africa in south africa.

I couldn't care less about the coach's favorites imagined or otherwise.
    You started off incorrectly and then continued on that path. Inzi excluded him on the pretext that even though he has recovered from injury he needs to regain form to earn a call-up. Picking up 3 wickets in a T20 coupled with other good performances would indicate form.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    You started off incorrectly and then continued on that path. Inzi excluded him on the pretext that even though he has recovered from injury he needs to regain form to earn a call-up. Picking up 3 wickets in a T20 coupled with other good performances would indicate form.
    Sure, if you feel he is unfairly excluded, you have a right to feel that three wickets in one t20 game in a domestic league convincingly answers Inzamam's doubts.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1813 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Sure, if you feel he is unfairly excluded, you have a right to feel that three wickets in one t20 game in a domestic league convincingly answers Inzamam's doubts.
    So he should have picked up 10 wickets? Or force PCB to arrange domestic matches so that he can pick up wickets?

I'm not getting where your argument is headed. Some time people should learn to accept that they were wrong.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    So he should have picked up 10 wickets? Or force PCB to arrange domestic matches so that he can pick up wickets?

I'm not getting where your argument is headed. Some time people should learn to accept that they were wrong.
    whats there to get. he played one t20 game in bangladesh and you think he is good to start off against south africa in five game series. I think he has to play out the whole tournament to be even considered. . simple enouh

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1813 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    whats there to get. he played one t20 game in bangladesh and you think he is good to start off against south africa in five game series. I think he has to play out the whole tournament to be even considered. . simple enouh
    He has played two matches of the tournament so far

1/24 off 4 overs
    3/26 off 3.5 overs

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    He has played two matches of the tournament so far

1/24 off 4 overs
    3/26 off 3.5 overs
    yes, a few more games would be even better,

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Two things:

1) Junaid Khan has been granted time to recover. If he wastes that away, the PCB and selectors should not be held responsible. The player should be. He is an adult, he can make his own decisions.

2) Playing T20s is nowhere near as taxing as playing ODIs in South Africa. Besides, it is good that he's getting some form behind him.

I would have loved to see Junaid bowl in South Africa again. However, if he's unfit, he shouldn't be making the team ahead of Hasan or Shaheen. Playing in the BPL is his decision and hopefully, it proves to be a good one.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Junaid khan is a class act, his wrist position and seam is extremely tight.. I haven't followed his entire career but watched him in India in 2012 series and he looked like a terrific bowler..

Seeing he has been doing well and then got Injured I guess the selectors are not wrong here to not select him.. He can play BPL and if he does ok he can be called for last 2ODI Vs SA or can play the next series.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    The Man Who Walked The Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bangladeshi local batsmen are terrible, they are making Mashrafee looking like McGrath

Wahab will probably be the fastest bowler in this tournament.

Only Rangpur & Dhaka looks like they are investing money on foreign players. Why are four foreign players playing, last year it was 5 right?

Self belief and hard work will always earn you success - Kohli
    What we think we become - Buddha

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes, a few more games would be even better,
    Yes he ll finish playing the tournament yet wont be picked. He was warming the bench last series also. Mickey doesn't like him. He has his favorites and that's destroying the team.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    People do understand that Inzamam is the one who helped revive Junaid's career, right?

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Yes he ll finish playing the tournament yet wont be picked. He was warming the bench last series also. Mickey doesn't like him. He has his favorites and that's destroying the team.
    I am ok with the coach not liking a player even though your post is all conjecture.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Junaid Khan was dropped, plain and simple. But Inzamam came up with clever excuse that we are giving him time to recover (to avoid criticism of the press). In fact PCB has been ignoring Junaid Khan for awhile now. They only play Jk in the Odi Format. That too when all else fails like in Asia Cup, when the whole bowling line up was being destroyed by the opposition Junaid was given a single chance.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am ok with the coach not liking a player even though your post is all conjecture.
    No need for a discussion anymore when you ok for likes/dislikes and not what a player have to offer to the team.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1442 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Injured Junaid picking more wickets than our fittest lot

#FitnessFirst

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    342 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    The treatment of Junaid Khan since 2014 is the biggest example of the corruption involved in Pakistan Cricket.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What kind of logic is this? Awful.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I honestly don't know why we are making such a big deal out of this. Inzamam is not the most articulate person out there, maybe he meant Junaid wasn't match-fit? Maybe he meant he wanted Junaid to get more match practice outside of internationals. It doesn't seem like Junaid is crying a river over it but we (fans) certainly seem to be doing so.

Also bowling 4 overs in a T20 is not the same as bowling 10 overs in a ODI, sometimes we are WAY too critical, I actually feel like theres nothing wrong with allowing Junaid to get some game time under his belt before recalling him to the national team.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by big_gamer007 View Post
    Junaid khan is a class act, his wrist position and seam is extremely tight.. I haven't followed his entire career but watched him in India in 2012 series and he looked like a terrific bowler..

Seeing he has been doing well and then got Injured I guess the selectors are not wrong here to not select him.. He can play BPL and if he does ok he can be called for last 2ODI Vs SA or can play the next series.
    Completely agree with you regarding the selectors. It seems are fanbase is just eager to criticize the selectors and will jump all over any opportunity to do so.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He should have been selected. He did a good against Bangladesh. He's better than Shinwari.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    What kind of logic is this? Awful.
    Why is it awful? Not each and every player to ever play cricket for the national team (Pakistan or elsewhere) gets selected because he is a table topper. Notwithstanding Junaida rich history of being perpetually injured, I have no issues if in fact he is left out on coach or selectors whim. Zero issues with it

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After Abbas, Junaid is the only proper seam bowler. Could have been useful in SA, especially in tests. He bowls that nagging length jacking the inwards.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is it awful? Not each and every player to ever play cricket for the national team (Pakistan or elsewhere) gets selected because he is a table topper. Notwithstanding Junaida rich history of being perpetually injured, I have no issues if in fact he is left out on coach or selectors whim. Zero issues with it
    No one is above Pakistan cricket, not MA or Inzimam. If they are going to hurt Pakistan cricket's interests by keeping better players away, then having no issues with it speaks volumes.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Junaids exclusion could really hurt Pak. Think we could have used him. Hope Amir at least does something.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1883 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)