User Tag List

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1757 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

India announce schedule for LOI home series against Australia (2019)

The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) and Cricket Australia (CA) have announced the schedule for India's limited-overs series against Australia at home, comprising two Twenty20 Internationals and five one-day internationals.

The series will be played from 24 February to 13 March 2019 with the T20Is scheduled first, followed by the ODIs.

The two-match T20I series kicks off at the M Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bengaluru, on 24 February and the second and final T20 match will be played at the ADA-VDCA Stadium in Visakhapatnam on 27 February.

The ODI series begins on 2 March with the first game in Hyderabad, followed by matches in Nagpur (5 March), Ranchi (8 March), Mohali (10 March) and Delhi (13 March).

The T20Is will be played from 19:00 IST (13:30 GMT) and the ODIs will be day-night affairs, scheduled for a 13:30 IST (08:00 GMT) start.

This series will most likely be the last India will play before the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 as the Indian Premier League 2019 is slated to begin a mere 10 days after the final ODI, from 23 March. It will run through April and conclude by mid-May.

The World Cup will be held in England and Wales and will run from 30 May to 14 July 2019.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 436
Size:  30.4 KB

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Would be good practice for World cup I hope pant gets to play all 5 games.. Dhoni will cost us the 2019 WC with his greed..

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by big_gamer007 View Post
    Would be good practice for World cup I hope pant gets to play all 5 games.. Dhoni will cost us the 2019 WC with his greed..
    They already have lot of time to practise in IPL. Many of their players may burn out. I think they should go for new guys like Shaw and Gill and few more.

Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poor Aussies can't catch a break, can they?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oligochaetes View Post
    They already have lot of time to practise in IPL. Many of their players may burn out. I think they should go for new guys like Shaw and Gill and few more.
    In IPL you don't get to build innings or bar for long and rotate strike.. I hope Dhoni gets burned out and misses WC then we will have a good chance of winning, with him in team we will lose

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Pointless series, but will check out the T20i at Bangalore seeing that it's on a Sunday.

Have some Sehwag in your life.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol why are we playing Australia again?

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    And believe it or not - they'll come yet again for another pointless batch of 3 ODIs same time next year.

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do not get the point of playing a sole T20i match or just 2.

It is better to just have 3 T20's and 3 ODI's keeping it as a good series.

Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because there are so few international cricket teams and other teams might be busy during that time. This is why it makes no sense to have no Indo-Pak cricket ties, fans will get bored of the same 4-5 teams playing each other all the time.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckler View Post
    Because there are so few international cricket teams and other teams might be busy during that time. This is why it makes no sense to have no Indo-Pak cricket ties, fans will get bored of the same 4-5 teams playing each other all the time.
    Yes agree....even I am in favour of resuming Ind-Pak cricket ties. Also its not about Pakistan, we dont even play series with BD. They are a decent ODI team now and 5 match ODI series with them in Asia will be tougher than facing Australia. Then there is Afg as well. But BCCI is too much into Australia.

Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes agree....even I am in favour of resuming Ind-Pak cricket ties. Also its not about Pakistan, we dont even play series with BD. They are a decent ODI team now and 5 match ODI series with them in Asia will be tougher than facing Australia. Then there is Afg as well. But BCCI is too much into Australia.
    Yes our treatment of Bangladesh hasn't been good. They played one test here and took the match to 5th day, fought hard. And in ODIs they are a good team especially in Asian conditions, in T20s not so much. We should ideally invite Bangladesh regularly for ODI series, maybe along with a couple of tests. Against Afghanistan we should look to play more ODIs and T20s. I agree with you.

As per FTP this year Bangladesh are touring for 2 tests and 3 T20s (no ODI). After that they aren't coming till 2022 end. In the next 4 years we are set to play Afghanistan only once, that too just 3 ODIs in 2021. This is poor scheduling IMO. Too much overkill of certain teams and sidelining of potentially more exciting opponents.
    Last edited by Swashbuckler; 11th January 2019 at 16:42.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kashmere Gate, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Will definitely be watching ODIs in Mohali and Delhi

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    370 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Pointless series, but will check out the T20i at Bangalore seeing that it's on a Sunday.
    So you don't want preparation for the WC?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    370 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Smith and Warner won't be avaliabe still .

Just finish this ban please CA.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    So you don't want preparation for the WC?
    Not at all. Haven't you looked at the calendar and seen that our WC XI are due to play 11,372 IPL games a month out from the tournament?