Instagram

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 160 of 461
  1. #81
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    5,805
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BDfanforever View Post
    Aus might just have a gun ODI unit once Warner and Smith comes back.

    Warner, Smith, Lynn, Stonis, Maxwell plus Starc, Cummins, Hazlewood in bowling.
    It's the same unit that got thrashed by a bunch of teams in the last 1 year including 5-0 by england

  2. #82
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    5,805
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BDfanforever View Post
    I have a feeling that Chris Lynn alone could send Bhuvi and Khaleel into exile for the rest of their career.
    Yes, if he is good enough to get selected that is

  3. #83
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    23,584
    Mentioned
    1787 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    I think, AUS has played quite a calculative game here. It's easy to say that they had 5 wickets at hand and should have crossed 300, but what I have seen is they have tried to make sure that Indian spinners don't enforce a collapse in middle overs. Not a firm match winning total, but they have enough on board for a great fight. Stressing it more could have ended in 260s. Only change I could have suggested that Maxi should have swapped position with Stoinis, may be it could have added few more runs. In any case, new ball is key and unless they can get into Indian middle order (2 down) before 100-125, don't think it would matter between 290 & 310.

  4. #84
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    5,805
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    India should revisit their death bowling strategy with Bhuvi. He's been abysmal for a while now. Not sure who can support Bumrah at the death

  5. #85
    Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    1,356
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    I think, AUS has played quite a calculative game here. It's easy to say that they had 5 wickets at hand and should have crossed 300, but what I have seen is they have tried to make sure that Indian spinners don't enforce a collapse in middle overs. Not a firm match winning total, but they have enough on board for a great fight. Stressing it more could have ended in 260s. Only change I could have suggested that Maxi should have swapped position with Stoinis, may be it could have added few more runs. In any case, new ball is key and unless they can get into Indian middle order (2 down) before 100-125, don't think it would matter between 290 & 310.
    Stonis was all right. Khawaja and Marsh were just terrible. It is a crime at this day in age for top order to fire at 75 SR.

  6. #86
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    5,805
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    This is the worst world cup squad by INdia for a world cup in a very very long time. Probably since 1975 world cup.
    Except for Dhoni vs Pant, there are no complaints. There is just no middle order talent. Rahul and Iyer were the hopefuls but ndia is stuck.with Rayudu and Karthik instead.

  7. #87
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,819
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BDfanforever View Post
    Aus might just have a gun ODI unit once Warner and Smith comes back.

    Warner, Smith, Lynn, Stonis, Maxwell plus Starc, Cummins, Hazlewood in bowling.
    Nope, warner is a decent openor but nothing more in ODI's, Smith is bang average in odi's, lynn is a hit and miss player averages below 20 and has a real difficult time staying fit, Maxwell is a decent player and their bowling especially now that starc doesn't have that extra grit is very much average for odi's.

  8. #88
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    5,805
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandarchowka View Post
    Dhoni is still the best thy got. The replacements are Karthik and unproven Pant.
    I would choose Pant instead of Karthik as a backup keeper and hitter in the WC team. He can take the game away quickly based on his recent exploits in AUS. Pant is himself to blame for the way he batted in the limited opps he got in ODIs

  9. #89
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,819
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    India should revisit their death bowling strategy with Bhuvi. He's been abysmal for a while now. Not sure who can support Bumrah at the death
    That's actully easily remedied have bumrah bowling 3-4 overs from 1 end while everyone else rotates a bit, not more than 2 overs of kumar in last 10.

  10. #90
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    3,940
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jagatk View Post
    Tendulkar was a special case people wanted him gone for his last 2 years but that was down to who he was, dhoni isn't tendulkar. There is a reason why when tendulkar wanted to retire bcci arranged for a special farewell tests and why dhoni ran away midway through the series when he saw the writing on the wall, if kohli wasn't so bad that he needed training wheels, dhoni would have been kicked out by now.
    Now you have come to the point. Special case. This is injustice, not special. There is no place of emotion over justice and performance in sport

  11. #91
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    3,940
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    633 at 27 in ODIs? Thought he was decent in tests at the end
    Not in ODIs, he retired from ODI . This stat was in his last two years in tests.

  12. #92
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    2,592
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jagatk View Post
    Tendulkar was a special case people wanted him gone for his last 2 years but that was down to who he was, dhoni isn't tendulkar. There is a reason why when tendulkar wanted to retire bcci arranged for a special farewell tests and why dhoni ran away midway through the series when he saw the writing on the wall, if kohli wasn't so bad that he needed training wheels, dhoni would have been kicked out by now.
    Actually Kohli doesn't need Dhoni's ghost captaincy! He is doing much better in Tests because of his own captaincy (he has his own issues/mistakes/selection mess, etc, but at least he is good at certain things like picking right fast bowlers, good field positions, interested to have 5 bowlers most times, etc!) Dhoni's presence is actually adding negativity to his captaincy (Negative tactics, negative field placings, faster bowlers losing their steam, buddies being selected like Rayudu/DK, etc)

  13. #93
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    5,805
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jagatk View Post
    That's actully easily remedied have bumrah bowling 3-4 overs from 1 end while everyone else rotates a bit, not more than 2 overs of kumar in last 10.
    BK should finish his quota by the 40th. His slower balls are not so accurate anymore and that's all he's bowling. Gone are the pin point Yorkers we saw in IPL. Bowled well with the new ball and that's where his strength is. I think Bumrah will be back for Shami and Khaleel is spraying as well. Shami doesn't have good numbers at the death too. So I don't see many options.

  14. #94
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    23,584
    Mentioned
    1787 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BDfanforever View Post
    Stonis was all right. Khawaja and Marsh were just terrible. It is a crime at this day in age for top order to fire at 75 SR.
    They played Marsh for the spinners, ideally Lynn will replace him. Khawaja is just a stop gap for Smith. Their WC XI will be

    Warner, Finch*
    Lynn, Smith, Head, Carey+
    Mitch/Max/Zampa
    Cummins, Strac, Josh
    Lyon/Zampa

    Almost certain to make SF.

  15. #95
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,819
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainul View Post
    Now you have come to the point. Special case. This is injustice, not special. There is no place of emotion over justice and performance in sport
    Sport my friend is all about emotion, there is a reason why even when people even those who wanted tendulkar gone were sad when he retired, tendulkar was a one of a kind star that will never happen again, there is a respect for him that will never be there for either dhoni, thanks to his srini shenanigans during the 8-0 losing streak, or for kohli with his kumble saga.

    Also on basis of performance grandpa should not be in the team, but sadly kohli can't captain so we have to pick his training wheels.

  16. #96
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,819
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    BK should finish his quota by the 40th. His slower balls are not so accurate anymore and that's all he's bowling. Gone are the pin point Yorkers we saw in IPL. Bowled well with the new ball and that's where his strength is. I think Bumrah will be back for Shami and Khaleel is spraying as well. Shami doesn't have good numbers at the death too. So I don't see many options.
    We can't do that as if everyone is fit, we only play 2 quicks, shami won't even be selected.

  17. #97
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    88,894
    Mentioned
    866 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)


    Aussies strike early

  18. #98
    Debut
    Oct 2018
    Runs
    266
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dhawan gone! Golden duck! Come on aussies.

  19. #99
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    5,805
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RamLakhan View Post
    Actually Kohli doesn't need Dhoni's ghost captaincy! He is doing much better in Tests because of his own captaincy (he has his own issues/mistakes/selection mess, etc, but at least he is good at certain things like picking right fast bowlers, good field positions, interested to have 5 bowlers most times, etc!) Dhoni's presence is actually adding negativity to his captaincy (Negative tactics, negative field placings, faster bowlers losing their steam, buddies being selected like Rayudu/DK, etc)
    I think Dhoni is invaluable with spinners. Kuldeep is new, Chahal is new and Jadeja is Dhoni's pet. That's why he's in the team. India's resurgence in the recent times coincided with the spinners taking the wickets in the middle overs. Indian team has realized that this is the only way they can contain teams within India's comfort zone, below 300. All the spinners, Rohit, Kohli, Shastri have credited Dhoni for his inputs to the spinners. Kohli has Rohit to fall back on captaincy advise if needed but Dhoni is there to support spinners and provide some sort of experience in the fragile middle order. Pant's terrible ODI performances so far only helped Dhoni's cause

  20. #100
    Debut
    Oct 2018
    Runs
    266
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In comes the greatest ODI batsman of all-time.

  21. #101
    Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    1,356
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shame Dhawan is out, would have been entertaining to watch him.

  22. #102
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    23,584
    Mentioned
    1787 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Worst review in my memory - pitched out side leg, struck out side line, missing sticks, going over .................

  23. #103
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    732
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Middle order about to get exposed.
    Ab ayega maza.

  24. #104
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,819
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very happy with the early wicket, come one aussies get another show the world how bad these grandpa's in middle order are.

  25. #105
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,819
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fantastic, lets see what the useless ones do now that there is nowhere to hide this time.

  26. #106
    Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    1,356
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  27. #107
    Debut
    Oct 2018
    Runs
    266
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Goneeee Kohliii!!!! Having a tough time in Australia arenít you now mr Top Dog!

  28. #108
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    88,894
    Mentioned
    866 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)



    Kohli gone ...

    Big blow for India.

  29. #109
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    5,805
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by austerlitz View Post
    Middle order about to get exposed.
    Ab ayega maza.
    Lol ..exactly my thoughts. Rayudu, Karthik.and Dhoni on Deck

  30. #110
    Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    1,356
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    Lol ..exactly my thoughts. Rayudu, Karthik.and Dhoni on Deck
    they might win and troll the Indian fans.

  31. #111
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    682
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol KING KOHLI LOL

  32. #112
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    3,940
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the testing time for India. If India wins now without their two best batsman , they are favorite to win world cup

  33. #113
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    858
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lol... Indians struggling against the weakest Australian team ever

  34. #114
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    23,584
    Mentioned
    1787 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    9 times out of 10, that ball would have gone to boundary. Kohli picked only man in sight with pin point accuracy. Today IND middle order has the chance to prove their worth.

  35. #115
    Debut
    Oct 2018
    Runs
    266
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YESSS!!! This useless middle order is getting exposed, cmon Aussies.

  36. #116
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    5,805
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rayudu!!! Lol lol .

  37. #117
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    732
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These buddhas in the middle order need to fail miserably so we can drop them before they can do damage in the world cup.

  38. #118
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    5,805
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    9 times out of 10, that ball would have gone to boundary. Kohli picked only man in sight with pin point accuracy. Today IND middle order has the chance to prove their worth.
    Rayudu just proved his worth!!!

  39. #119
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    732
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandarchowka View Post
    Lol... Indians struggling against the weakest Australian team ever
    Good.We need this,if we want to have any chance of winning world cup.The middle order needs to be humiliated badly and dropped.

  40. #120
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    858
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    World cup favorites

  41. #121
    Debut
    Oct 2018
    Runs
    266
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3-4, am I watching a football match?

  42. #122
    Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    18,835
    Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    India playing with 3 batsmen will hurt them in WC
    Shikar rohit and kohli are only batsmen in this line up


    New Era of Team Pakistan

  43. #123
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    694
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dhoni to marshall the troops and shepherd the chase now .. lol


    John 3:16

  44. #124
    Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    1,356
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    Rayudu just proved his worth!!!
    He average 51, why do you guys hate him?

  45. #125
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    10,680
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    No Smith, Warner, Starc, Hazlewood and Cummins. Still we are struggling against them.

  46. #126
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    23,584
    Mentioned
    1787 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    Rayudu just proved his worth!!!
    I think, IND has decided that ATR & MSD will go to WC - it's better that they get batting chances in middle. Kartik is probably better of the 3 and he might miss out to KL.

  47. #127
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    732
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rayudud.
    It'll be fun watching him and dhobi being tortured by aussies and then boult and ferguson.Only way we may get pant or gill in before the world cup is total humilitaion ,and bewda-kohli jodi being forced.

  48. #128
    Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    18,835
    Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rayadu and karthik won’t help in England
    Rahane should be in team


    New Era of Team Pakistan

  49. #129
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    23,584
    Mentioned
    1787 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BDfanforever View Post
    He average 51, why do you guys hate him?
    He has a great friendship with Imam Ul Haq - most Indians know that.

  50. #130
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    4,653
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Get Pant, Gill and Pant into the team. The seniors have served the country well, time for Dhoni etc. to call it a day.

  51. #131
    Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    18,835
    Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Dhoni to score TON and shut up haters


    New Era of Team Pakistan

  52. #132
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    5,805
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by austerlitz View Post
    Rayudud.
    It'll be fun watching him and dhobi being tortured by aussies and then boult and ferguson.Only way we may get pant or gill in before the world cup is total humilitaion ,and bewda-kohli jodi being forced.
    Gill is impossible but Pant for Rayudu is a punt that can come off good if Pant shows a bit if maturity he showed in the test series. Rayudu is a dud. I've been saying that for ages

  53. #133
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    29,089
    Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Dismissing the top three cheaply is the key to victory against them 95% of the times. Problem is the top 3 is ridiculously consistent

  54. #134
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    10,680
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by austerlitz View Post
    Rayudud.
    It'll be fun watching him and dhobi being tortured by aussies and then boult and ferguson.Only way we may get pant or gill in before the world cup is total humilitaion ,and bewda-kohli jodi being forced.
    Shastri and Kohli will blame Karan Johar for this loss.

  55. #135
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    858
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Can India reach 100 here?

  56. #136
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    23,318
    Mentioned
    370 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Australia should win this game. Opening bowlers have done a good job here.

  57. #137
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    5,805
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    I think, IND has decided that ATR & MSD will go to WC - it's better that they get batting chances in middle. Kartik is probably better of the 3 and he might miss out to KL.
    KL is a backup opener. That's all he is. He might not play a single game in the WC. ATR is useless. He creamed a couple of WI bowlers and Kohli started salivating

  58. #138
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    732
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Asif321 View Post
    India playing with 3 batsmen will hurt them in WC
    Shikar rohit and kohli are only batsmen in this line up
    Which is why they need to fail,so we can bring in gill and pant.

  59. #139
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    6,954
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India is all about top three, I eman their batting. Many passengers in this team.

  60. #140
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    732
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    Gill is impossible but Pant for Rayudu is a punt that can come off good if Pant shows a bit if maturity he showed in the test series. Rayudu is a dud. I've been saying that for ages
    Gill is very possible.Take out rayudud and dk and next best is gill or iyer.Gill in better form.Praying for middle order destruction.Need a massive humiliation like less than 100 all out for bewda and kohli to be shocked enough to take action.Shaw is also an option.

  61. #141
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    5,805
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    India is all about top three, I eman their batting. Many passengers in this team.
    It was the case in CT and it is the same even now 2 years later

  62. #142
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    5,805
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by austerlitz View Post
    Gill is very possible.Take out rayudud and dk and next best is gill or iyer.Gill in better form.Praying for middle order destruction.Need a massive humiliation like less than 100 all out for bewda and kohli to be shocked enough to take action.
    They will bring Manish Pandey and Iyer is an outside chance. They will not bring a guy with zero experience to the world cup.for a no.4 spot. The only way Gill can claim a spot is if he has an out of the world IPL performance and I don't think it will be the case

  63. #143
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    858
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by austerlitz View Post
    Hope not.Need to kick buddhas asap and get in shaw,gill and pant.Otherwise every indian fan knows we have no chance in wc.
    No chance.. I hope Dhoni plays till 2023 WC

  64. #144
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    20,393
    Mentioned
    342 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Indians should be better served by top 3 not scoring runs in this series. It will help them to get thier line up correct for the WC. Aus is using this series for that as well.


    "If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

  65. #145
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    2,592
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    I think Dhoni is invaluable with spinners. Kuldeep is new, Chahal is new and Jadeja is Dhoni's pet. That's why he's in the team. India's resurgence in the recent times coincided with the spinners taking the wickets in the middle overs. Indian team has realized that this is the only way they can contain teams within India's comfort zone, below 300. All the spinners, Rohit, Kohli, Shastri have credited Dhoni for his inputs to the spinners. Kohli has Rohit to fall back on captaincy advise if needed but Dhoni is there to support spinners and provide some sort of experience in the fragile middle order. Pant's terrible ODI performances so far only helped Dhoni's cause
    How come this "great" logic doesn't apply to Tests? India depend on spinners heavily in Tests also (especially at home). If Dhoni is so good, then he can replace Pant in tests as well and give bigger advantage to India (Also people have issues with Pant even in Tests! His over-aggression in batting and missed catches! So Dhoni can add value here too... Probably India lost England & SA tours because of this lapse! As the great coach & captain quoted winning overseas tests is bigger than WC ODI triumphs! So...)

    The point is: India is doing much better in Tests than LOIs even though we have issues in tests as well (Openers, Middle order, etc). But India is not doing up to the mark in LOIs in spite of good openers, great No.3 and quality spinners! PLUS Bumrah!
    Last edited by RamLakhan; 12th January 2019 at 12:37.

  66. #146
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    2,018
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dhoni and Rohit doing net session.

  67. #147
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    88,894
    Mentioned
    866 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Dhoni is promoted up the order

  68. #148
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    5,805
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RamLakhan View Post
    How come this "great" logic doesn't apply to Tests? India depend on spinners heavily in Tests also (especially at home). If Dhoni is so good, then he can replace Pant in tests as well and give bigger advantage to India (Also people have issues with Pant even in Tests! His over-aggression in batting and missed catches! So Dhoni can add value here too... Probably India lost England & SA tours because of this lapse! As the great coach & captain quoted winning overseas tests is bigger than WC ODI triumphs! So...)

    The point is: India is doing much better in Tests than LOIs even though we have issues in tests as well (Openers, Middle order, etc). But India is not doing up to the mark in LOIs in spite of good openers, great No.3 and quality spinners!
    Tests have Ashwin and he doesn't need Dhoni. Also there is a lot of time in tests.

  69. #149
    Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    18,835
    Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Poor Dhoni looks out of sorts
    Should have retired after Asia cup


    New Era of Team Pakistan

  70. #150
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    2,592
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    Tests have Ashwin and he doesn't need Dhoni. Also there is a lot of time in tests.
    We are seeing a lot of time in ODIs as well especially the match live now

  71. #151
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    5,805
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justcrazy View Post
    Dhoni is promoted up the order
    Think Karthik is slotted as a finisher.

  72. #152
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    5,805
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RamLakhan View Post
    We are seeing a lot of time in ODIs as well especially the match live now
    Trust me, if Dhoni didn't retire from tests, u'd see him in tests too.

  73. #153
    Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    4,050
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Dhoni looking like Sarfaraz in the first Test

  74. #154
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    4,653
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Most important thing I am looking forward from this ODI series is Dhoni retiring!

  75. #155
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    506
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It often swings during evening in sydney.
    Only way to win against India in ODIs in not to prepare 22 yard roads

  76. #156
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    858
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adijazz1706 View Post
    Dhoni looking like Sarfaraz in the first Test
    Sarfi is much better than this average batsman.. this guy is unable to put bat on ball

  77. #157
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    40,151
    Mentioned
    2282 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Top order wrecked by Australia's second string bowlers.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  78. #158
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    5,805
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed216 View Post
    It often swings during evening in sydney.
    Only way to win against India in ODIs in not to prepare 22 yard roads
    Ditto with England. As most of the pitches are roads, these two teams know how to play on those roads and are No.1 and No.2

  79. #159
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Runs
    5,668
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MSD is a shadow of his earlier days, sadly. Even the singles that he manages, mostly are inside or outside edges or deflections of his body. Can't believe that he is the same man who wanted Saurav Ganguly to be dropped from the team for not fitting in the scheme of things.
    He is hurting his legacy with every match he is playing.


    The day d last tree died, d last river poisond & d last fish caught,we'll realize we can't eat money

  80. #160
    Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    1,356
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wicket of Dhawan, Sharma, and Kholi are so important for opp team. That's why a bad decision might be very costly against them.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •