221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

[VIDEO] Mohammad Amir peeved by Sarfaraz Ahmed's criticism

Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Last edited by MenInG; 12th January 2019 at 09:34.

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Was only a matter of time. Sarfraz really dug his own grave with those stupid remarks.

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    WOw Aamir is peeved, now the earth is going to open up and swallow Sarfraz. Yes, what safari said was wrong, but it was the truth. Aamir could have handled it better instead of letting everyone know that is division in the team.

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bowlers have every right to feel aggrieved if the captain and the batsmen aren’t going to take responsibility for their failures. Fair enough if our batsmen had actually put us in a winning position for the bowlers to finish the job but they never even got close to doing that so why throw the bowlers under the bus?

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If Sarfaraz had criticised the senior batsmen the same way, may be the AA battery of Asad and Azhar would have made more runs this series

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1787 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    I do think bowlers didn't take it well, so this reaction from Amir after an outstanding day with ball as an unit. Now, ball is on AAS's court to response - so far Azhar has given a golden Unda, Asad has hidden under NWM & Sarfraz has dropped a catch while fielding - batting is to come.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Amir is the last person to be peeved at anybody, the guy should thank his lucky stars he is playing for his country again and is getting a free ride.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Amir is the last person to be peeved at anybody, the guy should thank his lucky stars he is playing for his country again and is getting a free ride.
    This!

I cant believe i am saying this as an Amir fan but he has been a huge let down after his comeback. Its not just about his skills and ability rather his heart and effort.

In one word: coward!

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    San Ramon
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does not matter whether the captain or coach is right or wrong. As a team member, you donít go against them, especially captain, in the middle of a series. Wait for the series to get over or you to be sent home.

This has been the bane of India or Pakistan cricket for long. If every player starts thinking he knows better, the team is doomed.
    Last edited by Babbar; 12th January 2019 at 06:23.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Really ridiculous to see Amir getting criticism after saying absolutely nothing.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I jumped off the Amir hype train long back so what I feel is purely objective. To me, his grin seemed to be directed at the journalist, like - "Haha, here they come with their bait."

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Really ridiculous to see Amir getting criticism after saying absolutely nothing.
    Exactly! What was he supposed to say? The captain is correct we aren’t able to bowl fast enough.

A captain like Sarfraz that doesn’t call out on himself and other batsmen letting the team down deserves this reply, if it was me I would have told them to question the batsmen!

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1755 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Lets be clear, Amir is a full-fledged member of the Pakistan side and has the same rights as any other member of the side.

If we were so concerned about his past then he should not have been playing for Pakistan again.

Now that he is in the team, he takes his place at the table as an equal, not as some sort of slave for the team.

Back to the topic now...

He looked a little off in the way he denied that question but what else was he supposed to say? Could he publicly deny or comment about what Sarfaraz said?

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Lets be clear, Amir is a full-fledged member of the Pakistan side and has the same rights as any other member of the side.

If we were so concerned about his past then he should not have been playing for Pakistan again.

Now that he is in the team, he takes his place at the table as an equal, not as some sort of slave for the team.

Back to the topic now...

He looked a little off in the way he denied that question but what else was he supposed to say? Could he publicly deny or comment about what Sarfaraz said?
    A more professional answer would have been nice i.e. a smile on his face with its not a big deal or we spoke about it in the dressing room and its not a big deal or it was a team failure. You don't storm out of the press conference and give more fuel to the reporters.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    370 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When someone who doesn’t make the team on merit is calling others out for not performing how do you expect them to respond? This is why your captain needs to play on merit not because he shouts at players and because he was U19 captain.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1755 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    A more professional answer would have been nice i.e. a smile on his face with its not a big deal or we spoke about it in the dressing room and its not a big deal or it was a team failure. You don't storm out of the press conference and give more fuel to the reporters.
    That I agree with totally but public relations etc are not our forte.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    when you criticize your bowlers in media when all of your batsmen barring shan and babar have failed then the bowlers can show their annoyance.

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unbelievable how people are going after Amir here

Sarfraz was daft to mention his frustrations to the whole world. Needs to calm down to avoid unnecessary controversy before the WC.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are you on about? He didnt storm out. He was smiling and deflected the question and then asked if they are done with the questions. Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What is wrong with Amir's attitude?

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Amir bowled 61% of his deliveries in the 120-132 kph range, which meant his bowling in Cape Town was the slowest of his career."

Settle down, Amir.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Amir did nothing but avoided that question, even then people & journalists are trying to build an answer from his silence.

Captain took on his bowlers after making a 50 and not shout at his senior batsman. I believe he has not made into the team on merit across all formats ever since he was made captain..

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    When someone who doesn’t make the team on merit is calling others out for not performing how do you expect them to respond? This is why your captain needs to play on merit not because he shouts at players and because he was U19 captain.

Exactly he never makes the team on merit with his performances in any format carrying a pot belly

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sarfraz started this mess. It's not our bowlers' job to clean up after him in the media, they do enough of that on the pitch to cover for our cowardly seniors.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    Aussieland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True

Yesterday is the past.Tomorrow is the future.Today is a gift.That's why it's called the "present"

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    hes right to be peeved Its the batsmen including sarfraz himself thats letting the team down innings after innings and hes having a go at the bowlers instead Disgraceful

If pakistan cricket is to move forward they need to stop going back

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sarfraz has full right to state whether bowlers or batsmen performed well or not. His own performance is beside the point and they are not too bad as a lower order batsman, and very good as a wicketkeeper . However we lost this series due to top batsmen.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    342 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    "Amir bowled 61% of his deliveries in the 120-132 kph range, which meant his bowling in Cape Town was the slowest of his career."

Settle down, Amir.
    120-130 range can still do the job in these SA pitches, but I think speed does come handy at times. Extra speed does make it harder.

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    I am wondering if Pakistan has a media manager? Im pretty sure they have. Whilst I think Amir handled the issue well by offering a 'no comment', I would have imagined a good media manager anticipating this question and coached Amir about what to say, or rather checked with Amir. On the other hand, it is well possible that he did warn Amir about this question, and Amir wanted to offer a no comment!

"Don't get attached to anything you're not willing to walk out in 30 seconds" Neil McCauley, Heat

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1755 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EliteCynical View Post
    I am wondering if Pakistan has a media manager? Im pretty sure they have. Whilst I think Amir handled the issue well by offering a 'no comment', I would have imagined a good media manager anticipating this question and coached Amir about what to say, or rather checked with Amir. On the other hand, it is well possible that he did warn Amir about this question, and Amir wanted to offer a no comment!
    They dont have a media manager on tour I believe.

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Scot-la-la-land
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1606 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't see anything wrong here. Amir didn't speak out against his captain, he didn't push the blame on other players yet he also didn't take responsibility for the defeats since he's actually performed pretty recently on this tour.

That's all more than can be said for Sarfraz.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    They dont have a media manager on tour I believe.
    I see. I am surprised TBH. These days, with media competition, the home press are like hawks trying to pounce on any scoop available and it is always advisable to have a media manager i suppose. If you go to Eng and Aus, you would be pulled to give interviews to TMS and ABC Grandstand, on top of the usual match presentations. If I were Sarfaraz, I would not want my players to go and answer questions, without prior discussion, just to avoid controversy. This applies to Sarfaraz too I suppose. The press interaction after every day's play seems to be a bigger deal these days, than what actually happened in the field. Controversies are made out of things said off the field!

"Don't get attached to anything you're not willing to walk out in 30 seconds" Neil McCauley, Heat

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Scot-la-la-land
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1606 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Settle down, Amir.
    Yes he's still been Pakistan's leading wicket taker in the series with 11 wickets at an average of 23. He's go no reason to "settle down" - yet has every reason "to be peeved".

In fact - not just him - the entire bowling line up have every right to peeved at the comments made by the captain. The batsmen - and specially Sarfraz himself - have not been upto scratch in recent time, however rather than owning up to that Sarfraz was shameless enough to go and blame the bowlers. Pathetic.

Our batsmen have been bowled out for less than 200 on 4 out of 5 occasions in this Test series and Sarfraz is besharam enough to pin to blame on the bowlers Infront of world. Ridiculous.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalhaSyed View Post
    Yes he's still been Pakistan's leading wicket taker in the series with 11 wickets at an average of 23. He's go no reason to "settle down" - yet has every reason "to be peeved".

In fact - not just him - the entire bowling line up have every right to peeved at the comments made by the captain. The batsmen - and specially Sarfraz himself - have not been upto scratch in recent time, however rather than owning up to that Sarfraz was shameless enough to go and blame the bowlers. Pathetic.

Our batsmen have been bowled out for less than 200 on 4 out of 5 occasions in this Test series and Sarfraz is besharam enough to pin to blame on the bowlers Infront of world. Ridiculous.
    Sarfraz was probably just defending his buddies Azhar and Asad, who have been poor in the last year or so, and might need to be dropped.

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Scot-la-la-land
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1606 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Sarfraz was probably just defending his buddies Azhar and Asad, who have been poor in the last year or so, and might need to be dropped.
    Gotta say - been very dissapointed with Sarfraz on and off the field. I've been hoping for a while that he would turn it around, however, he's shown no signs of doing that. I really do not think he has what it takes to handle the burden of being Test captain. I would be happy to give him a series or so without the burden of being captain, however, but then the question is if Sarfraz is not Test captain then who?

Pretty much all the batsmen are barely hanging onto their test spots as it is & no bowler is a guarantee for the starting XI so makes things tricky

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    Unbelievable how people are going after Amir here

Sarfraz was daft to mention his frustrations to the whole world. Needs to calm down to avoid unnecessary controversy before the WC.
    Not sure why people resort to such tactics.

Settle down, Amir.
    Settle down, mak36. Clueless post.

Quote Originally Posted by TalhaSyed View Post

Correct, our best bowler so far and it's strange to see people attacking the guy trying to make us win.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    370 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EliteCynical View Post
    All of our players need media training. They have no clue how to deal with the media. Our captain especially. Most teams use press conferences to send messages to their players and to the opposition.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well handled by Amir.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1515 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    It's clear as day that all is not well in the dressing room.

Players seem to be playing for themselves rather than the team.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tbf, what else could he genuinely have said to that question that the Media wouldn't take advantage of and try to make it look like there's drama?