Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Any where on planet earth is better than UAE. The amount of money PCB has wasted arranging cricket in UAE (& screwing BCCI), had they spent half of that even in Canada, by now we would have seen a totally different generation of PAK cricketers instead of MaHa, Malik, Azhar, Sarfraz ......
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffet View Post
    SA was 93/5, but ended with 300+ to take lead to 380.

Pakistan allowed the last 5 wickets to add 200+ here.

Chasing 220 vs 380 is a huge difference.

Pakistani pacers missed a trick here. Batting is much easier on 3rd day. If Pakistan had picked up the last 5 cheaply then they would have batted in best conditions and chasing 220 was not out of question specially in this venue. Game may have even finished today with Pakistan winning it.

What do you think?
    Pakistani bowlers let down their team with their poor bowling and Sarfaraz let down the team with his poor captaincy once again

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1784 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Pakistani bowlers let down their team with their poor bowling and Sarfaraz let down the team with his poor captaincy once again
    Game was lost on Day 2 - this is a much better wicket than people making out and here, if bowlers can get a side all-out for 262 on Day 1, you have to take a lead here .... PAK conceded 77!!!! 2nd innings, bowlers didn't get enough rest in between and Kok took the game away with tail. Instead of 185, even a score like 235 would have made it totally different ball game - SAF finishing Day 2 at 60-4, and PAK chasing something at least 100 short of 381.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Game was lost on Day 2 - this is a much better wicket than people making out and here, if bowlers can get a side all-out for 262 on Day 1, you have to take a lead here .... PAK conceded 77!!!! 2nd innings, bowlers didn't get enough rest in between and Kok took the game away with tail. Instead of 185, even a score like 235 would have made it totally different ball game - SAF finishing Day 2 at 60-4, and PAK chasing something at least 100 short of 381.
    Your points are correct but it is also a fact that our present pacers are just not fit enough to sustain their pace and intensity for longer spells. You can't allow the last 5 wickets to add 200 runs in any circumstances certainly not when your own last 5 wickets are falling for 15 runs

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    663 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    1 more wicket and SA into the tail, when runs were needed in 1st inns of the game our batsmen went missing.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Your points are correct but it is also a fact that our present pacers are just not fit enough to sustain their pace and intensity for longer spells. You can't allow the last 5 wickets to add 200 runs in any circumstances certainly not when your own last 5 wickets are falling for 15 runs
    You canít keep blaming the bowlers, when the batsmen have single-handedly lost us the series. You risk putting even more pressure on the four players giving their all on the field, while the rest are just collecting pay cheques.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good news is we made into day 4

we'll fall early tomorrow, and get bowled out for 220ish

another Azhar fail

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Manitoba
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I was SA bowler, I would be nervous as Pakistan is 150 for 3 and only 220odd to get

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why can't we be little optimistic? I for one not giving up on winning this match, bring it on.....

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has Gabba 2017 written over it

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BakuGM View Post
    Why can't we be little optimistic? I for one not giving up on winning this match, bring it on.....
    It's doable on paper. All you need is a freakish innings from someone. As a neutral fan I'm looking forward to a close finish. Give the Proteas a scare at least; rather than another meek surrender.
    All the best...

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Bluevision, we got to be positive......

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    365 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mp812rediff View Post
    If I was SA bowler, I would be nervous as Pakistan is 150 for 3 and only 220odd to get
    Not as nervous as the SA captain

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    975 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    If Shafiq and Babar can put together a 100-run partnership, this game will go down to the wire. Sarfaraz looks to have regained some of his form anf confidence while Shadab, Faheem and Amir are capable of scoring 20-30 runs.

On the other hand, the South African attack at full strenght is relentless.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We will lose this Test comfortably. Expect the usual collapse.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I have a lot of thoughg to whether I should wake up early to watch this game. In the end I think I made the right decision because I woke up to cat the post lunch play. And then Pakistan decides to troll me again by making rethink my game plan for tomorrow. Damn you, now I have to wake up early tomorrow morning, knowing full well the game could be over midway in the first session.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    I have a lot of thoughg to whether I should wake up early to watch this game. In the end I think I made the right decision because I woke up to cat the post lunch play. And then Pakistan decides to troll me again by making rethink my game plan for tomorrow. Damn you, now I have to wake up early tomorrow morning, knowing full well the game could be over midway in the first session.
    It's fine. Watching your team lose is not so bad. You have to take good with the bad.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gullycricket View Post
    This has Gabba 2017 written over it
    Need Babar to play a Kohli-esque inning. Like the one Kohli played against Aus in 2014, nearly won them the game.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bluevision View Post
    It's doable on paper. All you need is a freakish innings from someone. As a neutral fan I'm looking forward to a close finish. Give the Proteas a scare at least; rather than another meek surrender.
    All the best...
    Its going to be a meek surrender. Shafiq to score 2 more runs tomorrow morning, get his 50, secure his place for next tour and get out. The the tail starts...

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    455 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Everyone mute the volume when Ramiz comes on if Babar is doing well.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    Everyone mute the volume when Ramiz comes on if Babar is doing well.
    Nobody is interested in knowing how Babar Zaman is doing.

Debut
    Oct 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    😊 Best of luck 🤞 Pakistan and to get 380 will not be a joke