User Tag List

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Muslim woman and child verbally attacked in Australia; Hijabi has scarf taken off

"Peace is only made with the powerful"

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disgusting scenes. Hope the people on the train can identify the criminal here and get her in as much trouble as possible.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do people of color still go to Australia when there are better options? Even the Saudi atheist girl snubbed Australia for Canada.

"Peace is only made with the powerful"

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No need to be aggressive. Until 1967, the aborigines were not even classified as humans in Australia.
    Last edited by MenInG; 14th January 2019 at 11:20.

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King-Misbah View Post
    No need to be aggressive. Until 1967, the aborigines were not even classified as humans in Australia.
    Australia have taken steps to rectify this and are currently digging up the graves of past australians and putting them in jail.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Australia have taken steps to rectify this and are currently digging up the graves of past australians and putting them in jail.
    Well they still have a long way to go! Reading recent reports made me realise how islamaphobia is prevalent in Australia unfortunately.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Instead of condemning this attack in Australia, aussies are trying to blame other.

Just like Saudi government was unable to protect its citizen, Australia has failed to protect its citizen from bigots.

Dont let bigots hiding behind freedom of religion divert this thread.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Woah the Aussies in this thread got triggered eh

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whether Australia should have given the Saudi refugee a place is another topic for debate.
    But this blatant mistreatement of people legally living there just because of their religion or appearance is deplorable and can not be ignored.

Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dr
    Runs
    Mentioned
    488 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I have family members in Australia and its one of the best places to spend your life in. Great standard of living , nice people and overall a great atmosphere to raise your kids.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; Yesterday at 15:25.

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TM Riddle View Post
    Stop posting nonsense. I have family members in Australia and its one of the best places to spend your life in. Great standard of living , nice people and overall a great atmosphere to raise your kids.
    You will probably find because your family are respectful outgoing people who dont have any hang ups and treat other like they want to be treated get along just fine in Australia.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You will probably find because your family are respectful outgoing people who dont have any hang ups and treat other like they want to be treated get along just fine in Australia.
    So is there an assumption that the victim in this video is most likely not a respectful, outgoing person hence the mistreatment? And why the outgoing criteria? If someone is reserved; does that mean that they have to be subjected to racist behaviour :s Australia has a terrible history and comments like this do not really indicate a bright future in relation to it's treatment of minorities.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    White Australians shouldn't be racist in the first place. It's not even their country. Of course logic will not apply to them though.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Makes me wonder if all 'respectful outgoing people who dont have any hang ups and treat other like they want to be treated' are also bigots and expect others to treat them with the same level of bigotry.

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King-Misbah View Post
    So is there an assumption that the victim in this video is most likely not a respectful, outgoing person hence the mistreatment? And why the outgoing criteria? If someone is reserved; does that mean that they have to be subjected to racist behaviour :s Australia has a terrible history and comments like this do not really indicate a bright future in relation to it's treatment of minorities.
    Well that assumption would be from you.

But to give you a bit of perspective, Muslims have been coming to Australia for at least 50 years, Afghans came to Australia over 130 years ago working transporting wool from sheep stations to ports and they intergrated into the communities and did not have any problems. Malaysians came to Australia 20-40 years ago working in abattoirs and are part of the communities without any problems. You can google all this information if you want to get a real idea of how muslims have become part of Australia.

Unfortunately a lot of muslims that come to Australia now come here and want to label everyone as racist and islamaphobist so people are questioning why would you come here just to insult the very community you have joined. I see how a lot of the posters here have no respect for Australians and I know its down to their own bigotry and ignorance.

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    White Australians shouldn't be racist in the first place. It's not even their country. Of course logic will not apply to them though.
    You are too hung up peoples color, the very basis for racism.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gilly many families minding their own business are being targeted. Unfortunately when a person isn't subject to mistreatment based on their on appearance or faith they will never realise the everyday difficulties of people of colour in Australia.
    I sit with some aussies and the casual racism thrown in is disgusting.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And I have been living in Sydney (sw Sydney and now the northern beaches) for the past 7 years so think I am pretty well equipped to discuss the matter first hand.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And how is that Gilly? You really adhere to the adage "we love all migrants as long as they tow the line and not question the obvious racism peddled by the government today". Also a person of privilege which is anyone who is in the majority in a country so in Australia's case Anglos cannot see the injustice around them.

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Salma_T View Post
    And how is that Gilly? You really adhere to the adage "we love all migrants as long as they tow the line and not question the obvious racism peddled by the government today". Also a person of privilege which is anyone who is in the majority in a country so in Australia's case Anglos cannot see the injustice around them.
    You just seem to have a problem with white people, there are others that don't and they just seem to fit in fine.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What does fitting in mean? I always hear about the elusive phrase they don't fit etc...oh me hating white again anyone who questions the status quo is called a hater of white people. We have a government who has been playing race politics, taking days to condemn Nazi protests, revoking citizenship and assuming knowing better than another country the list goes on and on.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Well that assumption would be from you.

But to give you a bit of perspective, Muslims have been coming to Australia for at least 50 years, Afghans came to Australia over 130 years ago working transporting wool from sheep stations to ports and they intergrated into the communities and did not have any problems. Malaysians came to Australia 20-40 years ago working in abattoirs and are part of the communities without any problems. You can google all this information if you want to get a real idea of how muslims have become part of Australia.

Unfortunately a lot of muslims that come to Australia now come here and want to label everyone as racist and islamaphobist so people are questioning why would you come here just to insult the very community you have joined. I see how a lot of the posters here have no respect for Australians and I know its down to their own bigotry and ignorance.
    Quite a broad and general statement, and I doubt it is true either. If it's anything like Britain it would be the homegrown Aussie Muslims, i.e, second or third generation who will call out racists, and that is because they see themselves as Aussies, much in the same way I see myself as a true Brit. First generation immigrants tend to be keep their head down and work types as they are usually economic migrants who put money above racism or any other type of ism for that matter.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    You just seem to have a problem with white people, there are others that don't and they just seem to fit in fine.
    Isn't she married to a white person? Sorry if that's wrong, but I thought it was mentioned in one of her previous posts.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ever notice whenever racist attacks take place there are always few who try to pin the blame on victim?

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    Isn't she married to a white person? Sorry if that's wrong, but I thought it was mentioned in one of her previous posts.
    Yes I am married to Anglo Aussie not quite first fleet. When a person cannot question or comment on the situation in a country they live in and has made home for the fear of rocking the boat that is when we have a problem and I mean that for every country.

Debut
    Apr 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Salma_T View Post
    Yes I am married to Anglo Aussie not quite first fleet. When a person cannot question or comment on the situation in a country they live in and has made home for the fear of rocking the boat that is when we have a problem and I mean that for every country.
    Damn , Gilly got shut down fast !!

you really can't beat the game. If you earn anything, it's minus taxes. If you buy anything it's plus taxes.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Australia likes to talk up how multicultural it is but at the same time it is very racist. Every generation has someone they lool down upon.....from the Greeks and Italians, to the Vietnamese, Lebanese, to now the generic Muslims. Even though a lot of Muslims especially from Pakistan and India are professional but as anyone who looks visibly Muslim they are a target.